Mr.Queen 철인왕후 [2020-2021]

O gosh, I am not sure what I want for the ending. I definitely want the King and Queen to end up together but JBH should not be in comma forever...? Should he just die then? 

Maybe they will have more flashback of old SY and at least it won’t feel that King is just in love with the soul of JBH. I still feel that he first fell in love with the little girl from the well, who essentially not JBH but KSY, so real SY should come back. I mean, if the Queen he currently loves has the appearance of real JBH, would he have let himself fall in love with him? I think not. Shallow as it may seem, outer appearance do play a role in attraction. 

• Like 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Honestly I can't predict anything about the ending.. I definitely wish for a happy ending, especially for our King and Queen couple and for Cheol Jong to be able reach his goal, to make a better Joseon and end all corruptions. But in the term for happy ending, I'm conflicted about the Queen. Will she end as Kim So Yong, Jang So Yong or Kim So Bong? I really like the mixed personalities that So Bong currently have. I keep seeing her as a woman and a new version of Kim So Yong. But then, if this current version stay forever, does it mean Jang Bong Hwan in the present time will die? If I could just ignore the first episode and Jang Bong Hwan's fate in the present time, I'll choose for his soul to stay and merged fully with So Yong. 

I think Cheol Jong does have feeling for Kim So Yong, but her family clan prevents him to develop it. After all the nightmare and harsh treatments that his family has to endure because of the Clan Kim, he couldn't just ignore them. That's why he misunderstood her actions and care towards him. He thought that everything she does is because she's ordered by Clan Kim and she will help them to take control of his life.

I'm excited to see the special episodes 'Bamboo Forest' that will reveal more stories about our palace squad. It looks so fun and exciting!

19 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Omo...what's this?! :wow2:

Cheol Jong wants to make So Bong feels better and he prepares a surprise gift for her. Touch by his romantic sides, So Bong can no longer hides her affection for him. Kyaa I hope we will have many of lovey dovey scenes by them and of course comedy part where So Bong comes to accept that she's pregnant. :pandalove:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Like I mentioned, the history timeline vs Mr.Queen version differs when it comes to the  order of Cheoljong's heir.  

My theory will be :

Sobong and Cheoljeongie's baby will survive out there and his clan will be Bonghwan's descendants, thus Bonghwan will still be in the future. This may explain his surname too. He is not Lee nor Kim but Jang. 

Reference to what happened to Bonghwan's rival in 2020.The Han clan will no longer have descendants, thanks to Sobong who made the Han guy become a eunuch :GrimChamp: 

(Oh well we know how eunuch's are no longer capable of producing an heir :Ghastlel: ) 

Not sure if the Bonghwan 2.0 will remember. But I think the Bonghwan 2020 will stay and die in 1858. This sounds like Scarlet Heart Ryeo , but with a brighter , promising ending .

I also think of what happened to Damyang. They made it appear the girl died but she did not. This may happen to Sobong x Cheoljeong heir, to save their remaining descendant line and will not again suffer against the Kim Clan.

On 1/17/2021 at 6:57 PM, bluepebbles said:

We are on the second arc of the show and I am curious now how will the story be resolved considering the end game for Cheoljong and Cheorin in history --

Marriage- 1851.

Cheoljong will die of illness (1864) , however there was a suspected foul play on this by the Andong Kim clan.

Cheorin was  able to bear an heir in 1858 but their son died six months after. Later on, the rival party of her clan (c/o the Queen Dowager 's relatives) will take charge in choosing the next king since Cheoljong has an unqualified son from lower rank consort.  She died in 1878, 14 years after Cheoljong 's death. (source)

And what about Bong Hwan ? 

-will he able to return to the future , with memories intact or not?

-the soul of So Young is not transported back in the past , when Bong Hwan regained his consciousness in 2020 . Perhaps, she really died in her time but resurrected by Bong Hwan 's soul. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

The accompanying article from Sports Donga for the still that was posted above

In the last broadcast, Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong burned their strong comradeship to create a better world. Kim So-yong, who saw King Cheoljong's sincerity in correcting corruption and striving to strengthen his national power, mobilized all of hes modern knowledge and helped him with the "underworld" style of introduction. While the two of them united to create Byeongseo, the palace began to fluctuate again with new rumours. In addition, the news of the Lord's return to office, which surprised everyone, heralded an unpredictable aftermath.

Meanwhile, the images of Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong, who are spending their time alone outside the palace in the released photo, arouses curiosity. Kim So-yong, who was confused by the unexpected news of pregnancy, is depressed. Cheoljong stepped up to soothe her sullen heart. When he found out that the girl who saved him eight years ago was Kim So-yong, his feelings for her deepened. Cheoljong cannot understand Kim So-yong's heart, which reveals her complicated feelings despite the good news. It makes us wonder what the surprise gift he prepared is.

In the following photo, the two people were also seen walking hand in hand, showing Cheol-jong's sincerity touched. Cheoljong was surprised by Kim So-yong's surprise attack, which closed his eyes tightly and put his face on Cheoljong's hand. Soon, Cheol-jong's pleased expression looking at Kim So-yong adds to the excitement. Amid the ongoing crisis that shakes the two, attention is drawn to the two's move to see if Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong can survive by burning comradeship until the end. In addition, attention is being paid to what variables will bring to the fluctuating power structure of Kim So-yong's return to office.

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 hours ago, LaLa said:

But then, if this current version stay forever, does it mean Jang Bong Hwan in the present time will die? If I could just ignore the first episode and Jang Bong Hwan's fate in the present time, I'll choose for his soul to stay and merged fully with So Yong. 

See, this is my dilemma too. If we were never shown his waking up suddenly for a short while at the hospital, it's easier for me to think that JBH died in the accident and his soul transferred to KSY. But since we're shown he survived but currently in comma, it made me care about what will/should happen to him. This is definitely different from Scarlet Heart Ryeo, because if memory serves me right, we're never shown the present time until the very last few minutes of final episode. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Huhuhu I really hate cliffhangers and the not so helping preview T_T

rough translations for preview ep 18

15 seconds

SB: This little one has a big appetite
SB: You need to say 'Daddy please come back soon'
SB: I think the baby just kicked? Is he/she a genius? My goodness my baby is a genius. Oh my God what did I just have done?
Choi: Your Highness, His Majesty is...

SB: This little one has a big appetite
SB: You need to say 'Daddy please come back soon'
SB: I think the baby just kicked?
Choi: Your Highness, His Majesty is...
SW: Now that seat is finally having a new owner
SB: What is the use this?! When you are no longer here...
BI: Are you saying that he is not at fault? Being weak is just one of his fault
Hwan: Brother, just how far are you going to be?
WB: Moreover, you have to be healthy until you come out to the world
YP: If you have anything to do with the death of King, I will take the Queen's life by myself

I don't think I can sleep well tonight... Too anxious to know about next episode

Edit

Found a kind user who shares her translations of the letter that Cheol Jong leaves for his child. Let me cry T_T

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Some rough translations for several clips of ep 17

Eunuch: Aigoo
WB: I wonder why she is so angry like that?
Choi: Rather than being angry, I think it's her way expressing her happiness?
WB: Oh.. Is it like a pregnancy syndrome?
SB: It's not just an identity crisis, but an eternal soul destruction! Is my life going to end like this? As I said before, I am a believer for a non-marriage. And even if I end married by accident, I don't have any plan to have a child. It's already hard enough to stay alive in this kind of world that full of war, but a child?! Why is my life getting more complicated? I heard that pregnancy and childbirth will shorten the life expectancy. Then it means I have to give my life to the child. But why should I give my precious life to a child that I don't even know his/her face? This darn law of nature! Screw it all! I can't believe that I'm pregnant 

Choi: Unconventional taste is definitely forbidden
SB: Isn't this my body? Well it's true that it's not mine but I already used with this body. Why can't I do things according to my wishes when I'm pregnant?! Especially Lady Choi! You said you will no longer saying no to me!!
Choi: I'm doing this all for the blessed baby's sake
SB: For the baby to stay alive, I have to live first. Am I a machine? A human incubator?! And is the prenatal care education only belongs to the mother? What is the father doing? Go and tell Cheol Jong to do prenatal education too!!!
Choi: According to the prenatal guide, the father will have to participate in the education too. Tonight once His Majesty back from his duties, both of you will do the prenatal education...
SB: The moment I woke up, I have to start the prenatal education and now you are saying I have to do it before I sleep too?! Is my life starting to disappear? 
Choi: You're not allowed to eat this

Spoiler

SB: Hooo
WB: I've been waiting for you
SB: Wah you looks great. As if you are a prince with a white horse. While I am not allowed to do many things, you must be having fun
WB: I see that you are still angry. What a relief. Let's join me for a ride
Choi: You can't do that Your Majesty. It will harm the baby inside. What do you mean going for a ride? You can't do that Your Majesty 
Choi: Oooh?! Your Highness it's dangerous! 
HY: Your Highness!

SB: Where are we?
WB: I have been wanting to give you something that you like the most. It's only available outside the palace
SB: Alcohol?!
WB: I mean a freedom
SB: Ah..
WB: Are you not happy? 
SB: You can just say that we are going for a fresh air. Why are you saying as if it is a big thing?
WB: Well it's true that I want to give you some fresh air at the royal house, but if you are not happy then we should just go back
SB: You mean it's like a vacation house? Well it sounds great, as if I'm dating a son from a rich family. Since we're already here, let's go for a visit
WB: Okay, let me guide you there. Follow me

WB: I've been thinking for all night long about the reason why you are angry. Usually for the women in the palace a pregnancy is a blessing, but why for you it's something that makes you angry?
SB: So? Do you know the reason?
WB: No. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't think of anything. That's why, I might not be able to understand you but I decided I'll just accept it. For others it might be a blessing but it's not for you. My Queen you are just someone like that
SB: Well the Queen's dictionary really helps you a lot
*holding hands*
SB: Eii what's wrong with you? It's awkward
WB: *smirks* My Queen
WB: Is it our tiger? *rawr* *SB is flustered and clears her throat awkwardly* *another eye smile*
WB: While I'm writing the Queen's dictionary, there's a word that I'm curious about. What does 'all in' means?
SB: Did I ever say that word?
WB: When you were trying to gamble at the market
SB: Ahhh

SB: All in means a silly action when you put in all fragile eggs in one basket
WB: An egg?
SB: And I did that. That silly action. I have always in my prime time but now I'm pregnant
WB: Don't worry. I'll make sure to cut out the rotten parts of Joseon. For our child who will inherit this country
SB: That's right. If this child becomes a king and inherits this country then... 'Will I become the most powerful person?'
Sun Won's world *no* So Yong's world
SB: Why can't I think of that? 
WB: What do you mean?
SB: My child. Look at that. Everything under the sky is all yours. Let's go back. From now on, it's the beginning of the real prenatal education
WB: A real prenatal education? 
SB: I'm going to teach this child how to be a winner because this child has to live in a war-zone like palace. Let's go!
WB: But we just arrived! If I have to write the Queen dictionary for hundred times, will I be able to understand her? Wait for me! Wait for me
SB: Hurry up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Just finished watching Ep17!

I dont know what to predict in this drama. Which I'm loving. Hahaha

Definitely King is not dead. He and BI could have planned this thing out without Prince YP knowing maybe.

What power a rumor has! Lol. It's like a machinery for war. No matter if it's true or not, it can behead a queen. *petrified 😅

Edited by -StrongTower-
  • Like 5

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

Not sure if this is true but if so, it may make it easier to accept if Bong Hwan returns to the future at the end. Otherwise, he will really have to experience the pain of childbirth. Without epidural! 😂

Credit: chezka sy@ANON_POLYGAMOUS

This one includes spoiler about the spin-off episode. This is a teaser that I got from someone and rough translation only. Sorry

EtZA688VkAUSJ8H?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

@abs-oluteM Hi hi.. am I late? Lols

Saw the recent clips of the queen againts her MIL and Granny for the daesang!! Hahahaha. It means the king is still alive. 

The ending, I hope kdrama version has better and much satisfying than GPG. I saw its ending to be so weirdly ridiculous and tragic  I think the kversion has shown differrent style since begining so hopefully they make their own new ending. Like if JBH comes back to Seoul of ROK  then let Cheol jeong comes along with him as a female version of him. Or BW decides to live in Joseon with Cheol Jeong cuz actually he is the reincarnation soul of Kim So Yong. If neither of these two happen, I hope they could at least make something better. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@LaLa will you be able to post any translations today. Thanks for always translating

I'm afraid I will take a rain check for tonight. I plan to have an early night, but there is one scenes that I did a rough translation. Other than that, I can only share a short summary of what happen in ep 18.

Rough trans

SB: Now put some make up too on my lips

HY: You already look pale enough

SB: No, I need more make up to make as if I will drop die. Put on some more HY: Do we really need to do this far?

SB: There's no one but me who cares for the King. But still I still to show that I'm a pregnant woman who is suffering from her sadness. How do I look?

HY: You look like you almost die

SB: Alright

Court Lady: The Great Queen Dowager is here

Queen Jo: Aigoooo...

SB: These two women is really acting hard. But tonight the winner of the grand prize acting is me

SB: Your Majesty!!! How can you leave me alone?! What about our child?! Your Majesty!!!

Consorts: Your Highness!

Choi: Your Highness!! Call the royal physician immediately!!

SB: If I stay more than one seconds in here, I think I'm going to curse. Move move!

SB: Your Majesty!!!

On my previous posts about preview for ep 18, I share translations about King's letter to his child. And here is the video clips. Both actors really did a great job

Episodes 18 summary:

- WB can't fight with his right hand and ends up lose his sword. He runs and cornered to a high cliff. He choose to jump to the water below, with a hope that he survives and can escape

- SB is missing WB terribly. She tries to hide it but ends up sobbing and tells her closest people that her heart hurts thinking and worrying about him

- BI's people haven't found WB. Queen SW won't wait and pushed him to announce that WB has died to the rest of palace

- The whole palace is grieving. SB can't believe it. Prince YP who is almost blinded by his anger threatened to kill SB because WB risks his life to protect her and their baby while going out for war. It's the first time SB hearing about that. After some pleading, YP lets go his swords and SB is saved. SB asks BI about the reason WB went for a war. She found it's too suspicious and she also saw BI had a wound on his shoulder.

- SB starts to think and piece the puzzle. With the help of head eunuch, SB checks the supposed corpse herself and found out it is a fake. WB is still alive. She starts to gather some intel with Choi and HY help. She also shares the news with HJ.

- Once she found enough information about the possible location of WB, SB is getting ready to leave the palace. BI found out about her attempt and try to stop her. SB is ready to shot him with her arrow if he keeps blocking her way. She asks him to open his eyes because she is not Kim So Yong that he knew. Outside, Choi and HY have been waiting for her. At first, SB refused their help but she ends up saying yes for their company.

- Meanwhile WB is saved by someone from the river (the man looks similar with Dam Hyang father) but his savior didn't know him and WB too still cautious about his whereabouts. SB, Choi and HY spend day and night hiking the forest while taking care each other. 

- In the palace, Queen Sun Won couldn't wait until the grieving period is over so that she can appoint new King. She calls back Jwa Geun to help her. They know that Queen has left the palace and probably on her way to look for the King because she realize that King is still alive. BI decides to leave his post and look for SB and WB himself

- While our trio are resting, BI and his soldiers catch up with them. Choi tries to stop them with her whole body but she got hurt. HY after making sure that SB hide, she run in a different path as a fake. Unfortunately BI found SB. He pushed her to the same cliff that WB has fallen before and while choking her, he asked in anger 'Who are you and what did you do to Kim So Yong?!' 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

On 2/3/2021 at 1:27 AM, stroppyse said:

Mr. Queen Event :CharmanderYay:

This drama has been a rollercoaster as it explores a modern day male soul manifesting in a Joseon era female queen who is in love with her king, and the ride has all been fun! Let's celebrate this drama as it heads into the finale!

Posters after this event post will get a special treat! Any guesses on the ending?

I think JBH will stays. KSY is DEAD, JBH's body isn't functioning despite the soul was back briefly.  Beside there is a baby involves now, I can't imagine SB will be willingly leaves CJ and baby. But I can say that whatever the ending will be it won't satisfy everyone.

add.

I have been having problems to post, load and even see JangHaven website since last month. Anyone has the same problem with me?

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I have been having problems to post, load and even see JangHaven website since last month. Anyone has the same problem with me?

I haven't heard of this problem previously. I would encourage you to fill out a Bug Report though, just in case. Bug Reports can be found under the Support tab on top menu.

Also, you've been awarded the final Kim So Yong medal of the event! Thanks for the guesses, and I have a feeling that you're right that not everyone may be satisfied. However, who knows. The drama may surprise us all still!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Apparently CheolJong has a certain magnificent distinctive body part that sets him aside from the majority....

Apparently... :laugh: Anyone who wants to fake a corpse in future needs to remember to check this part LOL

The funniest scene for Episode 18. "Move move!" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

18 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The ending, I hope kdrama version has better and much satisfying than GPG. I saw its ending to be so weirdly ridiculous and tragic 

What was the GPG ending?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Chocolate That scene was hilarious. The "Move. Move" really add on the comedy. I think the scriptwriter is a genius for writing these lines (unless it was an ad-lib by Shin Hye Sun).

Did you also cut and upload the Tango scene on your account? I was laughing so loud in my room when I saw the cut. The lines and their actions were GOLD. I think this is another video that might get a lot of views. Hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle

No, last week was busy at work so didn't have time. Plus, the clip was already available online. But that tango scene was hilarious too! Probably not easy to act because the actor and actress have to be plastered to each other, for a relatively lengthy period and moan! 🤣

BTS here at 2.50

This drama is really good for the comedy. Much thanks to the two leads. Every episode, there is something that makes us laugh out loud. Plus the supporting cast add to the humour too.

The writing for the palace intrigue can however be improved. But no one really cares since the other parts are so enjoyable 😂

• Like 2