Mr.Queen 철인왕후 [2020-2021]

15 hours ago, LaLa said:

Well if the past is changing, then surely the future will change too. Does it mean, Bong Hwan's soul won't go back to the future and stay forever in So Yong's body? 

And did So Bong really castrate that Joseon Han guy and make him a eunuch? If so, then there is no evil Mr Han in the Blue House and Bong Hwan would not have fallen into the pool? :thinking:

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

And did So Bong really castrate that Joseon Han guy and make him a eunuch? If so, then there is no evil Mr Han in the Blue House and Bong Hwan would not have fallen into the pool? :thinking:

I guess So Bong did have a power to do that as a Queen. The choice of Cheol Jong for making Queen Sun Won stepped down and end her regency and forced Jwa Geun to step down from his position is already making change in the history, unless both Kim siblings somehow found a way to get back their power again in the royal court. 

Pre-release clips of ep 16

So Bong is sharing her tips for some martial arts and together they complete a book? But poor director Hong, he had to endure harsh training from ex-special force So Bong :laugh:

• Like 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

[Naver TV] ‘Mr. Queen’ Episode 15 Comments and Reaction

Netizenkore / January 31, 2021

‘She’s alive!’ Shin Hyesun who caught on that Damhyang survived! Post-crisis evasion explosive acting 

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 09.08.55

1. [+725][-2] Ah ㅋㅋㅋ But Kim Soyong acting and pretending is hella funny

2. [+520][-2] ㅋㅋㅋ Meanwhile look at So-Bong subtly identifying the smell of the poison and subtly catching on whilst holding her hand  ㅋㅋㅋㅋ They were really quite subtle today ㅋㅋ

3. [+475][-2] Even though we can’t see her in the palace anymore, she has to be happy ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+354][-2] Damhyang did well

5. [+297][-1] Damhyang-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠ It’s a relief that you’re alive

Master of Queen-ese (?), Kim Junghyun! Shin Hyesun who pledges revenge! ft. Confused Youngpyeong

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 09.11.56Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 09.12.09

1. [+922][-4] ㅋㅋㅋ Cheoljong is now at the master-level of understanding Kim Soyong ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+763][-4] It’s cute that Cheoljjong-ie is embarrassed because his ‘Queen’s Dictionary’ was discovered ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+647][-4] What are they going to do if Kim Soyong gets even crazier here ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+561][-5] Ah I f*cking hate that Prince Youngpyeong – if you like Jo Hwajin that much just take her and run away, no one will stop you; the Queen almost died and you just watched by?

5. [+544][-3] Prince Youngpyeong is the only person who accepts Soyong’s words without a filter ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[Revenge Round 1] Shin Hyesun’s satisfying warning to Bae Jong-ok, ‘ I do what I want because I know I can^^'”

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 09.17.08

1. [+820][-2] Ahh ㅋㅋㅋ So-Bong-ie is turning evil ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So her deep red lipstick, blushed cheeks, straight eyeliner and even her black hanbok are perfect!  It’s alluring and so pretty!! I hated Jo Hwajin because she turned evil but has there even been this pretty and cool a transformation to evil?!

2. [+647][-2] In any case, I think they made refreshing fizzy drinks with the Queen as their motif.  She’s refreshing with every curt word

3. [+570][-4] Ah seriously ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It’s hella cool from Round 1,,,

4. [+551][-1] A Maori tattoo, the peacock of a feather and the Devil who wears Prada ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So-Bong turned dark is the best ㅋㅋㅋ  So-Bong who crunches and chews the ice in front of Sunwon unnie ㅋㅋㅋ Her charisma is crazy

5. [+410][-2] It’s so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What do they mean ‘Round 1’ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[Revenge Round 2] Shin Hyesun came to get a refund from Jo Yoonhee

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 09.41.27

1. [+1481][-5] The Queen is being impolite and stepping over the line. It’s so good to see.

2. [+976][-5] Shin Hyesun is so pretty in this lighting and outfit ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ And she’s seriously so good at acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Look at her craziness ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+874][-4] 1:32 ‘This mother-in-law’ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+652][-4] It’s the national rule to dress up well when you go ask for a refund ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ha… look at how well So-Bong speakers!!!! The Queen Dowager – what a raccoon-like ahjumma!!! ‘Are you rude because you’ve lived without your child!?!?!!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Yesss!!!!!

5. [+626][-5] Seriously so refreshing ㅠㅠㅠ

[Revenge Round 3] Shin Hyesun teaches Seol Ina a lesson! 

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 10.00.21

1. [+1232][-5] She was acting up all this time and now can’t say a word

2. [+907][-5] That’s right, you know how terrible you are too, don’t you..?

3. [+811][-4] So-Bong-ie… even then she didn’t go too hard on Hwajin… As expected, she’s the better person ㅎ

4. [+644][-5] Ahh~~~ the 100 year-old frustrations have been cleared away!! 

5. [+590][-3] Our unnie.. Is the best.. The refreshing-ness was so good that I’m delighted ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

The end of ‘No-Touch’! Day 1 of the alliance! Shin Hyesun X Kim Junghyun, a commemorative love shot 

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 10.03.21

1. [+801][-4] I hope that her saying she’ll even die with a smile isn’t foreshadowing..

2. [+687][-1] A serial killer of your in-laws ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+523][-4] It’s bothering me that Cheoljong owes Soyong.. Surely it’s not going to be that Cheoljong later gets injured is Soyong’s place right?? Please have a happy ending ㅠ ㅠ

4. [+417][-3] They’ve finally joined forces ㅎㅎㅎ

5. [+399][-4] An alliance or whatever, I just like that they’re together ㅎㅎㅎ

[Confession Ending] Shin Hyesun shares the truth with Kim Junghyun ‘That’s right, it was me’  

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 10.12.16Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 10.11.59

1. [+2604][-17] The viewers: And the ramyeon..? It seems like it’ll go all soggy ㅜㅜ

2. [+1699][-18] Oh oh!!!!! He found out!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t expect for him to find out the secret today ㅜㅜ!!! The ending revealed everything!!!!! I really hate when they deny it and act ignorant at times like this and it passes by really frustratingly!!!! Her answering coolly at first try is the best ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+1471][-6] I was worried about the ramyeon going soggy and then as soon as Soyong revealed she was the saviour in the well,  I felt totally refreshed

4. [+1250][-9] I’m not the only one worrying about the ramyeon getting soggy right?

5. [+1086][-5] Oh yes!!!!! He finally found out it was So-Bong ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I like this more than ‘Do you want to come in and eat ramyeon?’ (T/N: euphemism for inviting someone to sleep with you) ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ This is so refreshing, more so than any of the revenge parts from today ㅠㅠㅠ

source

• Like 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Some stills for tonight from: Sports Chosun ( explanation cr: Soompi)

Production team hopes to break 20% ratings! They had peak ratings of 17.% for eps 15 (nationwide average = 14.5%

Queen Cheol-in' Shin Hye-sun Unsealed the Life of the World...We're gonna break the 20 percent ratings.

2021013101002077100131181.jpg

New stills show Kim So Yong setting out on yet another quest, this time in the royal kitchen. She watches the suspicious actions of royal chef Man Bok (Kim In Kwon) like a hawk, causing him to freeze in surprise. Determined not to miss a single second, she focuses intently on Man Bok’s every move, and in another still she wraps her arms tightly around a large jar. Meanwhile, Man Bok appears intent on picking up Kim So Yong’s mysterious cooking skills as he continuously endures her antics.

In the final still, Kim So Yong pumps her fist in the air in triumph as Man Bok looks on with a dignified expression. On her other side, Court Lady Choi (Cha Chung Hwa) and Hong Yeon (Chae Seo Eun) smile proudly at the large jar in front of the queen.

The new episode will see Kim So Yong and Cheoljong’s continued teamwork. The drama’s production team commented, “Kim So Yong’s unstoppable conquest to take over the palace in her own unique way will continue. Viewers can look forward to Cheljong and Kim So Yong’s increasingly thrilling camaraderie as she unveils her other-worldly secret weapon.”

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Royal Baby is coming~ :Party01:

Preview 15 secs

rough trans

SB: I can't believe it that I'm pregnant?! 
Choi: From this day, we'll start the care for expecting mother (?)
Choi: You are never allowed to eat something with flavorful taste
SB: I'll just only have a bite of it (her alcohol) Oh my precious? 
MB: You're not allowed to eat it, Your Highness!
SB: Darn it you two

Preview 30 secs

rough trans 

SB: I can't believe it that I'm pregnant?! 
Choi: From this day, we'll start the care for expecting mother (?)
Choi: You are never allowed to eat something with flavorful taste. You have to just eat the natural taste (?)
Queen Jo: You are doing a good job in spreading rumor that I made, right?
Eunuch: I heard they always sleep in different room 
WB: What is this? Why are you doing a provocative pose?
SB: With this, the rumor will die on its own, won't it?
WB: Well if that so...
SB: Omo!
SW: Everything you heard is true. Bring me the head of Queen right now! Our clan's dignity is at stake
WB: If I save her/ the baby (?), everyone will die. I will bet on my everything

• Thanks 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Explanation by An Nisa Nur Wulansari on the comment section

The King and Queen began a discussion to expose the ministers' badness and then the Queen disguised herself as the eunuch / servant of the King during an open meeting between ministerial officials and the King, but a great debate between Kim Byong In and King Choljeong occurred to the point of making the King angry.

Translation  by Jeong Tae Ra Byte on the comments section

HY- the item u asked for.

Q- wow , the item is great.

K- you want to learn ? I am u see😏

Q- i dont need to learn. Its gift to a precious person.

KJG- what is it ?

Q- did u wait ? I am sorry. I was not sure ....

KJG- its fun. your father failed.

Q- so thats why you couldn’t ensure my safety. I had plans until u touched me. Hold it.

KJG- i wont fight with woman.

Q- its a gift. Just pull it out. Its ur life. U asked me what could queen with woman’s body do ?wait and watch from now on. I will show u what i can do.

Spoiler

Explanation by An Nisa Nur Wulansari on the comment section
In this episode, the Queen is reported to be pregnant with the King's child. As we know, the Queen is definitely shocked to find this, but the King and his servants are happy with the presence of the baby and King realized that the girl who had saved him was the Queen and the King returned the book that the Queen had loaned to the King. The King found out about this after arguing with Consort Eun Bi and the King began to be suspicious of the Consort's lie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteMYou beats me in posting that video hahaha... since reading from twitter thread might be hard, because of the characters limitation, I'll share it in here. 

Some rough translations I do

Spoiler

WB: Was it you who saved me? Was it you who helped me getting out of the well?
SB: That's right. It's me. Have you forgotten about it already? After all the struggle I had to endure? I could still feel the pain in my arms after I have to bring you back myself. Geez I couldn't believe that you have forgotten about it. You are too much
WB: What I'm talking about was the accident 8 years ago
SB: You have fallen into the well more than once? Can't you be careful when you walk around?
WB: Then why is this book is precious to you? 
SB: Even with a short glance, I could see that it's something that you treasure
WB: You say something nonsense again. After fallen into the well (again) the dream I had, reminded me of you. I knew that you saved me from the well and since that I keep thinking you and the girl who saved me from the well 8 years ago as the same person. I wonder if you are really the girl...

SB: If the ramyeon got soggy, it's no longer delicious. Do you want some?
WB: Ah, enjoy your food (his smile! his smile!) Eat slowly (his smile!) 
SB: What are you reading so seriously?
WB: A book about martial arts
SB: For military? Are you going for a war?
WB: A good King should know how to protect himself
SB: Are still having that nightmare? The one where you became a puppet king?
WB: Sometimes yes
SB: Even if you really became a puppet king, it's not because you are not good enough. It's just because how it's written in the history. You are just in the wrong place at the wrong time, so it's not your fault
WB: Well, no one knows
SB: That's why, you don't have to try so hard and being harsh to yourself. If it's really your destiny, you can't stop it

SB: To understand the era I'm living in, I've to read books about that era. What kind of books should I read to know about Sinjo period? 
Choi: There's no such a book like that in the palace
SB: Then?
Choi: But we might see it from the novel that is sold to the public
SB: Oh? What kind of novel?
Choi: Well I too only heard a little about it, but never read it
HY: I knew some of them. A wife who is abandon by her husband wants a revenge and she come back to live, she put a mole near her lips to do her revenge
SB: Oh? It sounds familiar. What is the title?
Choi: Temptation of wife
SB: You said you didn't know
Choi: Only the title. I only knew the title
SB: What else? 
HY: This is quite new. It's quite popular. It's a story of a woman getting a revenge on her husband who cheated on her
Choi: The world of marriage
SB: Lady Choi? You said you didn't know it, so why are you angry? 
Choi: I apologize

Spoiler

HJ: I heard that these days every night you and the Queen are discussing something. What are you talking about?
WB: It's about the dream I have about Joseon
HJ: I thought I was the one whom you share about your dreams. So Her Highness now has replaced my place. I will no longer hide it anymore. The real owner of that book is not me
HJ: You already knew about it? Then why didn't you say anything? 
WB: Because there won't be any change
HJ: What do you mean? You no longer trust me anymore. The way you look at me is no longer the same
WB: Just because of one lie, it doesn't mean that all the time we have spent together will disappear
HJ: So you pretended for my sake? It's because you are that kind of person. Did you think that by pretending to not know, I'll be happy?
WB: Hwa Jin-a
HJ: I had put the Queen's life in danger. I'm the one who took the ledger from Lord Kim's house
WB: But why?
HJ: Because I hate the Queen
WB: Don't you know how important that book for me? I told you I need that
HJ: Even if I knew, I still did what I did
WB: How could you do that to me? You knew about my dreams more than anyone else. You almost destroyed my dream
HJ: And my dreams is you! But then you start to develop feelings for the Queen. Even if I tried for my sake, when I saw you I had no choice but keep falling down and become bad. That's why I did that
WB: It's my fault. I made you become like this
HJ: It's my fault for not doing something for myself. At least now I want to find myself

SB: What a trash! Next book! 
Choi: Your Highness, don't you have to visit the King's chamber tonight?
SB: Should I take a rain check today? (Look at disappointed face of Choi and HY) Ahh then my Cheol Jong-ie has to wait for me without being able to sleep. (Lady Choi expressions is me hahaha) I don't know that I have this kind of talent. I'll finish this book first
Choi: Yes
WB is writing Kim So Yong's name at part where it has disappeared because of the water
SB: Jjong-a. I'm sorry. I can't stop myself from reading another book. But why haven't you changed your clothes? 
WB: (gives the book)
SB: What? Why are you giving me this book?
WB: You said if I want to live, then I have to return this book to you. Without knowing the truth, I only gave scars to you. It took me a long time to return this book to the owner
WB: I'm sorry. For not recognizing you
SB: It's the same with me. I couldn't tell you the truth for a long time. At last the book has found its owner
WB: I couldn't turn back time that has passed. But I promise I will not misunderstood or confuse about you
WB: However, I wonder what happened to you for the last 8 years? I'm sure there's interesting happened, but I don't think you'd turn up this unique. Is there something that I miss?
SB: I could say the same hahaha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

kkkkk @LaLa I was wondering if you were gonna post . Thanks very much for all the translations.  :wow:

After posting my last translations, I'm taking a little break hahaha. I've stared at my monitor screen for more than 3 hours (combined it with the live streaming and replaying the video for translation)

Are you really not going to watch this? Or I've shared too much about the story that you already know it without watching the drama? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@LaLa I will be watching this soon. I just need to finish up an old drama I’m watching ( Hotel Del Luna , am already at eps 10 of the drama ) . It would be better these two weeks as I should hv a bit more time . :smile:

• Like 3

Ratings record every week :Party02:

Quick recaps from : PinkVilla

Episode 16 of Mr Queen has officially broken its own record for ratings with an average of 14.9% which peaked at 16.3%! 

The episode starts off with the King and Queen discussing the King’s vision for his kingdom in the future over ramen. The Queen tells him about Korea in the future and vows to help him as the two spend the entire night talking. In the morning, they wake up together and are about to kiss but are interrupted by the news of the Queen’s father’s fall. The Queen asks her father to give up his corrupted ways and live a respectful life. He goes as far as to noting down all the corruption that the Kim family has engaged in so far. So Young takes this to the King and he pardons her father.

Later at court, So Young is dressed as a eunuch to see how the state affairs work. She notices that the King is constantly interrupted and denied rights and realises that she needs to help him. She calls a meeting with the Kim family and warns them, saying that if they keep up their dismissive behaviour towards the King, they will pay for it.

Later, the King and the Queen discuss military improvements drawing inspiration from modern times. At the same time, the Kim family is slowly but surely losing power as they try to erase all records of corruption.

Finally, in the biggest revelation of the episode, we find out and so do the King and Queen that the Queen is with child!

• Like 3

And this is the teaser for the spin-off wth English subs. And what does this last line mean? 👀

EtbbMspVIAQPzHW?format=jpg&name=large

I think it should be a happy ending too. And it should take place in the past, whether they remain as king/queen or they leave to start life as commoners. But I hope the loose end for the future is also tied up.

Ideally, So Yong's soul should return so that the king/queen are a "proper" couple and Bong Hwan returns to the future. But the hurdle was because we thought the king fell in love with the character of So Bong, not So Yong.

So far, we've only seen a serious So Yong in those scenes before she jumped into the lake. From this teaser, it seems to show that So Yong is also quite bubbly. If so, her character may not be so far off from So Bong.

But I also thought So Yong had died in the lake. I'm not making sense. :thinking:

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun Dance A Tango Together In “Mr. Queen”

Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun Dance A Tango Together In “Mr. Queen”

Feb 5, 2021 by J. K

Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun’s characters will show their dance moves in “Mr. Queen”!

Spoiler

The tvN historical fusion drama is about a man from modern times whose soul is trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen with the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her. Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong, who is a weak and ineffective king on the outside but is stronger and sharper than he appears.

Spoilers

On February 4, the drama released new stills of the main couple. In the past episode, Kim So Yong and Cheoljong had worked together and showed their camaraderie as they aimed to create a better world. Cheoljong worked hard to get rid of corruption and strengthen national power. Seeing how sincere he was as he fought this battle, Kim So Yong used modern know-how to help him. Cheoljong then realized that Kim So Yong had been the girl who saved him in the past, and on top of that, there was the surprising twist at the end in which Kim So Yong’s pregnancy was revealed.

As fans wonder what will happen next between the pair while they work together to survive in the cold palace, the photos show Kim So Yong and Cheoljong dancing together! Kim So Yong approaches Cheoljong with a meaningful look in her eyes, and the pair strike a passionate tango pose. It’s described that their teamwork is perfect as they pull off even difficult moves, and fans are curious to find out what’s happening between the pair as they perform this sudden dance in the middle of the day.

shin-hye-sun-kim-jung-hyun-1.jpeg

shin-hye-sun-kim-jung-hyun-3.jpeg

Episodes 17 and 18 will air on February 6 and 7, and it’s described that another incident will be occurring that will shake up their relationship. Along with the happy news of her pregnancy, there will also be a dangerous rumor starting to spread about the two of them. Fans are waiting to find out how Kim So Yong’s pregnancy might affect the power structure at the palace and whether Kim So Yong will be able to return to the present.

The production team of the show stated, “Kim So Yong and Cheoljong are experiencing another crisis. More so than romance, you will see a heart-fluttering camaraderie.” The drama next airs on February 6 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source: Soompi

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3