Mr.Queen 철인왕후 [2020-2021]

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I read that both SY and BH's soul was always in SH's body . Need to confirm with @LaLa

So who did the king fall in love with at the end?

Yes both soul are in So Yong's body. So Yong is aware when Bong Hwan disappeared from her body. 

Cheol Jong definitely loves So Yong, but his heart did taken by So Bong too. When he saws the Queen dictionary after BH's soul left, he says there's something missing in his heart. Because SY is not 100% So Bong even though there are some traits that left in her after BH's soul left.

For translations, spoilers just check my twitter.. I did many rough trans for the last episodes and specially this one for the spinoff part 2. I'll just post this and after that I really have to go to bed because it's already Monday!

I am really happy that it ended with happy and I'm quite satisfied with the ending. Even though I'm sad that So Bong is no longer in Joseon era, but we can see that both Bong Hwan and So Yong get their happy ending. Bong Hwan is no longer blame for the mistakes and So Yong can be a real queen who supports her husband and be each other strength.

Spoiler

WB is reading the Queen's dictionary
WB: I can't believe there are still so many words that I don't know. I have no choice. I have to meet with Queen myself and ask her directly
Hwan: Your Majesty
WB: What were you doing coming out from that room?
Hwan: There's something that I need to discuss with Her Highness
WB: Don't you have your own job? What is your job?
Hwan: ... (I don't know his job haha sorry)
WB: Leave immediately
Hwan: Yes
WB: Run!
WB: Today I will make sure... What are you doing in here?
BI: What about you? What are you doing here?
WB: A husband want to meet with his wife. Should I have a special reason to do that?
BI: I just want to check if she's doing well. If you may excuse me
WB: The Queen is doing fine. Geez just one person
WB: They say someone who wakes early will be the first one to catch the worm. Today for sure I will...
MB: Your Majesty?
WB: Royal chef, you?!
MB: Oh yes. I have something to discuss 
WB: Didn't you need sleep?
MB: Well I don't have the time to do that in this age 
WB: Just prepare the feast
MB: At this time?
WB: I'm going to have a big meal today
MB: You are going to have a big meal early in the morning?
SB: Come on hurry up!
Hwan: Director Hong
Eunuch: His Majesty is here
Hong: Stop! Do it again! 
SB: Sure sure, do it again
SB: ㅇ ㅈ
BI: 연정 Yeon Jeong (means love)
Hong: Ah right there's that word
Hwan: 우정 Woo Jeong (means friendship)
Hong: Why can't I think about that?
MB: 열정 Yeol Jeong (means passion)
SB: Ahh we got you. We got you
Hong: 오즘 Oh Joom (I think this is a nonsense word)
SB: Indian Bab (a saying hitting someone's back)
Hong: Help me. Let me explain about that word aacck
MB: Oh my Your Majesty?
Hong/SB/Hwan: Oh you came?
WB: I thought there's a commotion. I guess I was wrong
WB: 애정 Ae Jeong (means affection)

WB: Wait a minute. I have something that I want to ask
SB: What is it?
WB: It's nothing. Who's the one that you cherish the most?
SB: Hong Yeon. Oh and Lady Choi too
WB: I don't meant that. Everyone leaves. Get out!
Eunuch: Yes 
WB: Hurry. Don't walk backwards just turn around and leavy immediately
SB: What's wrong with you?
WB: Answer me with honest
SB: Depends on the question
WB: If you don't promise then I won't ask
SB: Then don't
WB: Man! Among men who is the one you cherish the most

SB: Jang Bong Hwan
WB: Who the hell is that man? 
SB: If I have to explain... The only perfect man in the world. Among the men that I knew, he's the coolest person. It's true. There's nothing that is not great about him. His looks and personality are just great. Not to mention his amazing ability with knife. He is the best
WB: If you really cherish him the most, why are you not together with him? 
SB: That's what I'm saying. Because I couldn't be with him, I become fond of him more. He's driving me crazy. Geez
WB: Are you sighing because of that man Jang Bong Hwan? Are you missing him that you can't sleep and drive you crazy?
SB: Are you being jealous? How cute of you
WB: I am cute?
SB: Why? why? What are you doing? 
WB: It's true that I am jealous. I don't know everything about you. That's why I don't want you to use the word 'we' so easily. It's a royal order. No one is allowed to say 'our Queen' to my woman because I hate it. And... Am I still look cute to you?
SB: Yes. You are cute even though you are not cuter than mine. Oh?!
SB: What kind of this strange feeling? What kind of cliche heart fluttering moment? There's no way my heart would flutter. It did? There's only one way
WB: What? 
SB: I can't do this anymore. I have to check it to make sure
WB: What do you need to check?
SB: Whether this is something that the body wants or the soul. I have to check
WB: Let's do it, checking
SB: Why do I like it? I want more?! Ahh.. No. Don't do it Kim So Yong. Don't!
WB: Is this something that make you angry? 
SB: Ah, I am not someone who should do this. Aishh
WB: I am definitely someone who really don't do this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Reading the reactions online, I'm feeling that this ending is like Start-Up. There are 2 extreme camps! And it's all down to the writers for not making it clear!

But for this one, I'm with you @ktcjdrama. How about you @mademoiselle @Alice Wonderland? 🤣

@-StrongTower- I'm also looking for the subbed version for the spin-off. Let you know if I find it.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
16 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Reading the reactions online, I'm feeling that this ending is like Start-Up. There are 2 extreme camps! And it's all down to the writers for not making it clear!

It's a love triangle... there will always be unhappy group. I am happy with it and thought it was pretty clear what happened? 

The site where I usually watch, the comments (so far) are all happy and satisfied with the ending. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It's a love triangle... there will always be unhappy group. I am happy with it and thought it was pretty clear what happened? 

If I was pro SB+King for endgame, I would be very unhappy with this ending. Got to work now. Will come back later.

@-StrongTower- here's one part

Spin-off episode 1

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 5
  • Party! 1
8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

But for this one, I'm with you @ktcjdrama. How about you @mademoiselle @Alice Wonderland? 🤣

@-StrongTower- I'm also looking for the subbed version for the spin-off. Let you know if I find it.

What is unclear, dear?

The ending is quite mediocre for me. Maybe because I've already watched the raw last night. I was kinda expecting it will be better with subs, but not at all. I liked the show up until Bong Hwan left Joseon to be honest. The heart & soul of this show is Bong Hwan in So Yong's body through and through.

As to which ending I prefer... I suppose I like it better when it is So Bong with Cheoljong. So Yong has proven to be a boring character LOL. Just listening to So Bong speaking casually with banmal + English with Cheoljong was really fun. That's also what Cheoljong misses too. I can't say I'm convinced Cheoljong falls for her and that love is strong just because they had that childhood connection + short meeting in the spin-off.

Nonetheless, I can understand why the show ended the way it did, and I think it's the most plausible ending too. Some other kdramas are already trying to add LGBT contents as side-story and I can see they are sneakily & gradually instill into our minds the idea but it is done very cautiously. The generations are definitely changing, so we'll soon see a shift in the view of this, but not quite yet. To end with So Bong would mean encouragement and acceptance of the community. As a whole, SK is still not ready for this*.

*Designated Survivor - 60 Days (Korean version) touched on this; I find it very interesting.

The development/ending of Secretary Han still confuse me because I thought So Bong ✂ his line already? Or maybe the line still exist because he sleeps around?

- Rant -

All 3 episodes of spin-off aren't as fun / funny as I expected. Are we getting more? I was looking forward to the life of So Bong & Cheoljong after they get rid of the villains. Unless So Yong shows Cheoljong her real self (or changed self), I don't think it'll be as interesting.

The sword-fighting scenes in the finale are less than satisfactory. I'd appreciate the special effects team would put more effort in makeup for the scenes where Cheoljong sliced that guy (who worked under Byeong In) and also the Scar Man because they were sliced and their clothes still look intact and no blood. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Also, Queen Dowager was quite useless towards the end. She does nothing but pray, dream of bad omen... she can be a shaman herself.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Hi hi everyone...  just finished the last episode during my lunch break, happy ending and that's all I want.

@Chocolate ai am not reading the online reaction on the finale part. But so far they conclude all pretty well. I think it's already clear enough that both SY and JBH soul are blended into one body but they actually a different one. So SY's soul is hiding inside while JBH soul is taking over to continue her live momentarily. So all the memories that flashed into BH and the feminine side of him were actually the result of SY's soul influences. Wait.. this is me trying making sense of all this fantasy. Hahaha. And the question who the king falls for, the answer is SY still. I was a bit confused to what KBI said before his last breath, that he always sees her and the other sides of her. So the conclusion, both SY and JBH souls have some common similarities and probably it's the reason why they could immersed so slowly and harmoniously.

The spin-off, the bamboo forest, the secret, I'm watchig it now. It tells the previous day before she was selected as the queen. Here SY's character is like JBH. So it's fun. Haha

• Insightful 3

Article from : KoreaTimes

TV series 'Mr. Queen' ends with its highest rating

TvN series "Mr. Queen" wrapped up successfully with its highest viewership rating at 17.4 percent, Sunday. The ratings of the comedy series started at 8 percent on Dec. 12 and have been climbing since its premiere.

The last episode's rating is the network's fifth-highest record, following 21.7 percent with "Crash Landing On You" (2019), 21.7 percent, 20.5 percent with "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" (2016), 18.8 percent with "Reply 1988" (2015) and 18.1 percent with "Mr. Sunshine" (2018).

The historical fantasy drama, set in the Joseon Kingdom period, revolves around modern-day chef Jang Bong-hwan (Choi Jin-hyuk) who mysteriously slips through time and becomes trapped in the body of Queen Cheorin (Shin Hye-sun).

He as the queen struggles to fulfill the queen's royal duties while keeping his secret from the people in the royal palace. As he gets caught up in the political dramas in the palace, he forms an alliance with King Cheoljong (Kim Jung-hyun) which leads to a romantic relationship.

The lead actor Kim expressed gratitude to fans for the series' success. "It's been a pleasure (to work on the series), as it has been loved by so many people," he said through the agency O& Entertainment, Monday.

"I want to thank the viewers for watching the series and showing support. I was more than happy to give a laugh to you during these tough times." Mentioning the crew and cast members he worked with, he thanked them for the "warm and harmonious" work environment on the set.

Actress Shin, who played a double role with Queen Cheorin, referred to working on the series as a "challenge" for her. "This series gave me a lot of opportunities and challenges," she said through the network. "Especially during these devastating times, I hope the series offered nice entertainment to viewers."

• Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Chocolate @OsmanthusTea @bluepebbles @ktcjdrama @Alice Wonderland 

There were 3 more new spin off, have you guys seen it? I only found out last night and basically only watched ep 4 and 6. Ep 4 is about Queen & King so that's a must watch. There's a kiss in that episode but not as satisfying as their first kiss.

tvN also released some deleted scenes

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Apparently the production team sold the script books for the whole episodes to public. A fan of Kim Jung Hyun who have his/her book made a compilation video of the different dialogue or possibility of ad-lib scenes of Kim Jung Hyun. He/She has read all the scripts and comparing it with the released episodes.

She marked on her comments that all the scenes she compiled, were the one that not originally written on the scripts. It might be an ad-lib by Kim Jung Hyun or a improvised lines that was done on the set while the actors and PD were rehearsing. 

There were several scenes that are confirmed by Kim Jung Hyun himself to be a ad-lib in various interviews or clips after the drama finished airing. 

• Thanks 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

• 3 weeks later...