Mr.Queen 철인왕후 [2020-2021]

So many theories. I got goose bumps reading this.

@aesoonaesoo

#MrQueen theory from DC Gallery:

According to OP, current soul-swapping situation is not Bonghwan soul + Soyong memories but Soyong Soul + Bonghwan memories.. That's why the voiceover changed to Soyong voice..as she is back in her own body and Bonghwan came back to modern time. But because Bonghwan memories remains in the body, Soyong mistakenly identify herself as Bonghwan..That's why Soyong feeling and skills (playing instruments, and embroidery and writing skill in recent eps) came back one by one since she recovered from vegetative state

My own opinion start here: I was so intrigued of this theory and decided to rewatch earlier episodes and I believe that this series of events seems to be a result of Mr. Han trying to kill Bonghwan in modern time and the Shaman ritual. So maybe the identity problem would be solved once Soyong realized that it's her own soul inside the body all along.. I really want this theory to be true because this is the best way we'll have a happy ending..Jang Bonghwan is in modern time with no Mr. Han because his descendant became an eunuch, and Soyong lives happily ever after in Joseon.

EtytECXWQAMExiU?format=jpg&name=large

EtytE0-WgAQXtX3?format=jpg&name=large

Take this with a grain of salt everyone..eventhough this is the most satisfying ending I could imagine, let's not put our hope too much and let's wait patiently for the finale!

Original in korean

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Thought this was a good article summarizing the entire show . 
From Sports Donga

105367416.1.jpg

"Queen Cheol-in ( Mr Queen) " has only two episodes left until the end of the show. Shin Hye-sun and Kim Jung-hyun, who gave birth to the legendary fusion historical drama comedy, were more brilliant than anything else. They  swept the hearts of viewers by producing a drama filled with comedy , tension, and a novel romance that has never been seen anywhere.

"Queen Cheol-in" received a lot of love throughout the show, sweeping viewership and buzz thanks to  the two's performance. The ratings for the 18th episode were up to 18.6 percent (15.5 percent on average). In the first week of February (from Feb. 1 to Feb. 7) released by Good Data Corporation, a TV topic analyst firm, Shin Hye-sun ranked first and Kim Jung-hyun ranked fourth ( Most Buzzworthy Actors for that period)

The actors' passionate performance moments in the behind-the-scenes photos released ahead of the final episode raise expectations and curiosity about the ending. From the being the "No Touch Couple they became a couple with   "hot growl chemistry".  Shin Hye-sun and Kim Jung-hyun's performances, which gave birth to great scenes of laughter in each episode,  are the secret to the drama's and driving force . The beautiful synergy between the two on  and off  camera creates excitement until the end. Shin Hye-sun's was completely immersed  in being Kim So Yong through her laughter and personality , depicting  a modern free-spirit stuck in the  past. . Shin Hye-sun naturally survived  the extraordinary and absurd palace survival of "Sobong" (Kim So-yong + Jang Bong-hwan), creating an unprecedented character. Expectations are even higher for her last performance.

Kim Jung-hyun's "heart-throbbing" smile was also seen as he smiled broadly at the camera. Kim Jung-hyun's presence was instrumental in solidifying the center of the show. As Cheol-jong is a person who has to express complex emotional lines  not only for comedy but to show  childhood trauma and puppet king's anger, it was  not easy for him to give in into laughter without breaking the emotional line. Kim Jung-hyun's ever-changing performance shone adding value to this fusion historical drama comedy. His passion for accumulating details without missing out on minor details shows his extraordinary affection for the character. Cheoljong did not break his conviction, dreaming of a new world despite the constant crisis. Attention is focused on what kind of ending his fate will create.

It is also interesting to see Bae Jong-ok and Kim Tae-woo, who added chewy tension to the royal power in the following photo. On top of that, Seol In-ah and Nine-Woo's script "Sticking Up" mode, which made the play more dynamic by playing as tension makers, also catches the eye. The court's power structure, which changes every minute, adds curiosity to their final moves. Cha Cheong-hwa and Chae Seo-eun, the first contributors to Kim So-yong's extraordinary royal survival period, also make viewers smile. Choi Sang-gung and Hong-yeon, who are looking for Cheol-jong with Kim So-yong. The energetic appearance of those synchronized with each other while walking along rough mountain paths creates warmth. In particular, Choi Sang-gung and Hong Yeon, who risked their lives to protect Kim So-yong in the last broadcast, raise questions about whether the three will be able to meet again with smiles. In addition, the performances of actors including Kim In-kwon, Lee Jae-won, Yoo Min-kyu, Cho Yeon-hee, and Yoo Young-jae, who made "Queen Cheol-in" richer, also make the remaining broadcasts more anticipated.

The Empress, who took advantage of Cheoljong's absence and regained power, Kim So-yong, who found Cheoljong's plan, and Cheoljong, who survived another crisis. Attention is hotter than ever in the future of the "Notachi" couple, which is unpredictable. Attention is focusing on whether Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong will be able to come back alive. The production team of "Queen Cheol-in" said, "The passionate performances of legendary duo Shin Hye-sun and Kim Jung-hyun, who showed the essence of fusion historical drama comedy, will be worth it until the end."

Meanwhile, the epilogue "Queen Iron Man: Bamboo Forest," which contains episodes that were not shown in the main episode of "Queen Iron Man," will be exclusively released on TVing only. At the end of the main episode of "Queen Cheol-in," a total of two epilogues will be provided to paid TVing members for two days on the 13th (Saturday) and 14th (Sunday).

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

The OST that KJH sings ( and writes for ) will be released on the 17th of Feb according to this article

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021021209141787847

The OST' Like the First Snow', sung by Kim Jung-hyun, the main character of the drama' Mr Queen ' will be released.

On the 12th , 'Mr Queen' OST production company Big Ocean ENM said, 'Like the First Snow' in which actor Kim Jung-hyun, who plays the role of 'Cheoljong', will be released on the 17th.

'Like the First Snow' is a song that expresses the desire to approach someone when the first snow comes. It is a song that highlights the deep emotional lines of Cheoljong (played by Kim Jung-hyun) and Kim So-yong (played by Shin Hye-sun). Expect heartbreaking melody and sad lyrics. 

Kim Jung-hyun participated in not only singing but also writing lyrics, showing his affection for the drama.   Along with the release of 'Like the First Snow', the OST physical album for Mr Queen will also be released on the same day, which will compensate viewers for the end of the drama. 

----------------

As expected drama is number one on Good Data Rankings apart from SHS and KJH being number 1 and 4 respectively on the actors' rankings

Spoiler

buzzworthy-1.jpg

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Released stills for tonight

optimize

Article from News1

In the last broadcast, Cheoljong (played by Kim Jeong-hyun) ventured out of the palace to protect Kim So-yong, and to Kim So-yong, who had spent days struggling with longing, news of Cheoljong's death came. Along with this, a wind of change blew in the palace. In the absence of Cheoljong, the great queen (Bae Jong-ok) took power again, and Kim So-yong faced a crisis.

However, it wasn't Kim So-yong, who was only being hit. Capturing the suspicious movement, she felt that Cheoljong was alive and went out to find him. Kim So-yong's ending scene, chased by Kim Byung-in's group and standing on the edge of the cliff, raised tension.

In the meantime, the published photos raise questions about the ending. Kim So-yong stands on the edge of the cliff after being discovered by Kim Byung-in. The wound on her shoulder shows an urgent situation. Kim Byung-in attacked as if he had noticed the existence of the souls of the other world in Kim So-yong's body. However, it is interesting to see his changed attitude reaching out to So-yong Kim, who is trembling in fear.

In the previously released trailer, there was a picture of Kim Byung-in confronting the soldiers saying, "If you have memories, there is still use in you, hold my hand only until you get out safely." Kim So-yong, surprised by something in the following photos, was also captured. At the end of the swaying gaze, I wonder what kind of crisis lurks.

In episode 19, aired on this day, a storm storms the palace where Cheoljong and Kim So-yong disappeared. In addition, against the move to elect another king, news indicating that Cheoljong is alive is was revealed, and the unpredictability continues. The production crew of ' Mr Queen' said, "Would Kim So-Yong and Cheol-Jong be able to rekindle their relationship after facing a crisis? Please watch their last performance."

-------------------------------------------

Goodbye from the leads 

105397969.1.jpg

Latest OST 9

• Like 4

It seems like Byeong In  will come to his senses but then he will be the scapegoat for the failure of the rebellion. 

If considering the timeline in history there was a failed coup during Cheoljong's reign:

Not everyone was willing to wait. In 1862, Yi Ha-jon, another member of the royal family, felt he would be a better king than Cheoljong and decided to take matters into his own hands and seize the throne. His coup failed in its infancy and he paid for his transgression with his life. Rather than be ignobly executed, he was allowed to end his life in a more dignified manner ― with poison.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Mr.Queen Filming Location : SoBong Lake :GrimChamp:

Gungnamji Pond (서동공원과 궁남지)

97346400c759c39b5b29057979ed4daf.jpg

Address 

52, Gungnam-ro, Buyeo-gun, Chungcheongnam-do
충청남도 부여군 부여읍 궁남로 52

From Seoul Nambu Terminal or Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take a bus to Buyeo Express Bus Terminal (approx 2 hours). From Buyeo Express Bus Terminal, take a taxi for approx. 3 min.

• Like 4

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Some more got "heartbeat" sound @OsmanthusTea :pandaevil:

Translations credit Fatya Covet on the comment section

K: let me clean this wound.. you're not even alone (I guess he's referring to the baby she's with?) what were you going to do here?

Q: you're not coming back.. so I came to get you, of course (and then the queen started to ramble about the palace without the king)

K: you don't have to explain to me about your feelings, because I feel the same way.. I missed you.. up to the point where my heart hurts more than my wounded body.. I will never leave you alone anymore.. I'm sorry

@LaLa will you be posting any translations ?

Preview

Written preview translated

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@LaLa will you be posting any translations ?

In the middle of typing and replying the clips at the moment ^^

Some clips that I have finished

- Byeong In protects So Bong with his life

Spoiler

SB: You're bleeding too much. We have to stop it
SB: What is this?
BI: In here it's written of those people who agree for the treason to the throne. You have to protect this. Do you remember the memories of our childhood playing hide and seek? I will count to 10 so in that time, you have to run away and hide
SB: Let's go together
BI: That man is chasing after us
BI: It won't work. Go and never looks back
SB: No way
BI: Save So Yong. Go! I'll give you 10 seconds
BI: Who sent you?
SF: Who else? Your father
SB: Nine. Ten.
BI: I told you to not look back
SY: Come here, I want you to see it together with me. I want to look at the flower together with you, older brother. It's not that glamorous but I want it to look special
BI: Be careful with your steps
BI: I am always with you. In the place where you can't even see me. Why? Why couldn't you notice me? 

- The reunion between Cheol Jong and So Bong plus So Bong, Hong Yeon and Lady Choi reunion

Spoiler

SB: What is the use of this when I'm all alone? I don't even know where I am. What can I do?!! When everyone in front of my eyes were dying, I couldn't do anything. Anything!!! I was wrong. No matter how hard I tried, things that is not possible won't be possible
SB: Sure. Just catch me. After all it's the end for me

WB: Queen? I'm glad that you're safe. I'm really glad. What a relief
WB: It's fine now. As long as you're alive, it's alright
SB: No it's not. Lady Choi, Hong Yeon and even Byeong In... everyone has died
WB: What do you mean that Kim Byeon In has died?
SB: He died because of me. Everyone died because of me
WB: Calm down. Queen please calm down! Hong Yeon and Lady Choi are safe

HY: Your Highness!!
SB: Hong Yeon-a!!!
HY: Are you alright?
SB: I'm fine. What about Lady Choi?
Choi: Your Highness!!!
SB: Lady Choi! My goodness what should we do with you?
Choi: Your Highness, as expected it's dangerous outside the palace
SB: It must be hurt
Choi: It hurts that I almost died
SB: What should I do?! T_T
Choi: Aigoo. Don't worry. I mean I won't die from it. Dying people won't feel the pain
SB: But I'm sure that you were slashed by the sword
Choi: Let's say that I had a good luck. Even with my lacking skill I was still safe
SB: I really thought that something bad happened to both of you!!
Choi: Your Highness! Ouch wait
SB: I'm sorry. Sorry. Are you okay? Sorry sorry
HY: Where were you? No matter how hard I tried to look for you I couldn't find you
Choi: We tried to find you but in the end the one who found you is His Majesty
*Look at WB smiling like a proud husband*
HY: I missed you Your Highness
Choi: It's such a relief you're alright

• Thanks 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Rough trans

SB: Ugh
WB: It will sting a little
WB: You're not even alone (refering to their child) why would you come this far? 
SB: Because you're not coming home that's why I came to meet you
WB: You are always surprising me 
SB: There's no way I won't come for you. Because you're not in the palace, everywhere is dark as if we were having a blackout. Uh a blackout means
WB: You don't need to explain. I understand what you feel, because it's the same with me. I missed you. My heart hurts more than my injured body. I won't leave you alone anymore. I'm sorry.

DH's D: Why would you come here and having a hard time? People like us, well we have no choice because in the end we will die. But you are sitting on the highest place among the nobleman of Joseon, won't it be more comfortable for you if you just close your eyes?
WB: I used to live the way you are living, a condition which feels like a hell that we have to endure. I endure it to get my revenge towards the people who killed my parents and brothers. And then I found out about the rotten parts of Joseon. I saw how many people suffers because of it
DH's D: You really have a good eyes. I thought people in the palace are all blind. If we success, it won't be the same as before, right?
WB: I now have a dream of new Joseon. You call it as voting, right?
SB: What?
WB: I'm talking about how the people choose their own King
SB: Yeah, it's called voting. But it doesn't guarantee that the world will become perfect. Uh well I mean it's perfect enough because when he makes a mistake, people can replace him anytime
DH's D: Waah this is what you call a double crazy of King and Queen. We have a big day in front of us, everyone let's go to sleep early
WB: Good night
WB: If you really come from the future, I'm sure you know about the result of this fight. How will it turns out?
SB: You will lose. But I'll bet my everything on you
WB: Didn't you tell me that you always on the winning side?
SB: It's alright. After all this life is already a failed one. Let's bet on everything. We have nothing to lose
WB: So you are going to bet on your all eggs
SB: Yeah all in. I bet my everything on you
WB: So even if I fail, I'll do my best. Even if I hate it, I won't be eaten by my fate

Beware, people underage don't watch the video, just the writing part only  :Ghastlel:

Spoiler

SB: Ugh it's uncomfortable. Can you move a litle?
WB: Like this?
SB: What's with your sword? Will you stop poking at me?
WB: But the scabbard. Ugh geez
SB: Uh oh. Can you move? Ughh Now it feels a little bit better
WB: In this place?
SB: *slap* It's not the time for it
WB: That's right. We have to stay alert
SB: What if they caught us? 
WB: Why are you saying something like that?
SB: Let me move a little bit. I have to find my position
SB: Now it's finally comfortable
WB: Me too. I prefer this position too
SB: Hey, we will get caught because of the sound of your heart beat. Are you afraid?
WB: It's not only the sound of my heart. And it's beating fast not because I'm afraid, it's because of you, Queen
SB: Same with me. It's not because I'm afraid

Preview

Kim: If we can do it well, we can get rid of those fools
SB: This is just like a game where we have to fight the enemies with our hands. I do have some skills with knife after all 
Hwan: I can't believe it I fall for his words 
SB: This is the beginning of the change that the people of that time afraid of
JG: Why are you doing this? I can't believe that a King is siding with the rebels
WB: I am the member of the family that you have killed. I AM THE KING OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT YOU TRIED TO KILL!!!

• Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Stills for tonight

105406995.1.jpg

Meanwhile, Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong, who succeeded in entering the palace, are attracting attention. I can feel the determination ahead of the final showdown . The scene of Kim So-yong, who collapsed, and Cheol-jong, who were agitated with anger, foretells a fight between those who were were against them. The fierce fighting between Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong in the previous trailer makes people more curious about their fate. Kim So-yong, who said, "The change that I was so afraid of has begun," and Cheol-jong's charisma, which calls, "I am the king of the people you trampled on," add thrill to the expectation of the final showdown.

The final episode, which will air today (14th), depicts Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong's hot counterattack. Attention is focusing on whether the counterattack of the two, who risked their lives with a determination to change their country, will succeed or whether the spirits of the other world will return safely to modern times. The production team of "Queen Cheol-in" said, "Please watch the fate of Kim So-yong and Cheol-jong, who will burn hot until the end." "It will be an ending beyond the imagination of Queen Cheol-in," he said, stimulating expectations.

-----------------

Pre- released

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like it is a happy ending ...

I read that both SY and BH's soul was always in SH's body . Need to confirm with @LaLa

So who did the king fall in love with at the end?

Spoiler

ahahah these two always have time for a kiss

• Haha 2