Love Between Fairy and Devil / Cang Lan Jue 苍兰诀 [2022]

NiteWalker

10 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Ding Yuxi “got caught” playing mahjong with Liu XieNing. The news was trending. Cnetz said that please let him plays mahjong, he lost 2 wives to another men this summer 😂😂😂

:lmao2::lmao2:

The things they come up. HAHAHA! Poor Ding Yuxi, it's absolutely true. He lost both of his female leads. :eeeee:

5 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Yes, I did notice the same thing about, “Ben zuo de ren, nie gan tung.” I had to repeatedly rewind to made sure I didn’t hear wrongly since he didn’t say, “nu ren”.

I think for people newer to Chinese dramas they probably didn't hear the difference. The more I watch Chinese drama, the more I'm able to pick up on when the subtitles are wrong. Every so often, it still drives me a little crazy when "我喜欢你 (wo xihuan ni)" is translated as "I love you". The expression between "I like you" and "I love you" are completely different!

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Every so often, it still drives me a little crazy when "我喜欢你 (wo xihuan ni)" is translated as "I love you". The expression between "I like you" and "I love you" are completely different!

It's boiled down to the culture. I keep telling some friends who are learning Chinese, Korean or Japanese to learn more about the culture too. Especially with oriental languages where the cultural background are so rich that even the native ones are slightly confused.

I used to live in PH for more than 10 years, understand the dialect (Cebuano) but never really spoke it. When I translated some phrases to English, I got corrected often because my translation was not according to the cultural background even though the words were correctly translated.

In Chinese, there are certain words even though considered correct by the book but sometimes it's considered "vulgar" to say it out loud.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Yana said:

Aahhhh memoriess...I had already shipped them! 

Oooooh, are you one of the fans who has following him since the beginning??? :GengarCool: I had never pay attention to him before CLJ. Only watching a snippet or two and tried his other drama for other cast but dropped it most of the time. The only thing I can said about him in the past was this boy is very good looking....:GengarCool: He is a Sichuanese, Sichuanese men are well known as a handsome bunch. I had never visited ChengDu but my mom went there before Covid as part of her yearly jalan-jalan in China. The main thing my mom was gushing about after she came back from ChengDu was not the panda but WOW!! ChengDu's young men are so handsome. 8 out of 10 them on the street are handsome even the street stall keepers :PsyWhat:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Oooooh, are you one of the fans who has following him since the beginning??? :GengarCool: I had never pay attention to him before CLJ. Only watching a snippet or two and tried his other drama for other cast but dropped it most of the time. The only thing I can said about him in the past was this boy is very good looking....:GengarCool: He is a Sichuanese, Sichuanese men are well known as a handsome bunch. I had never visited ChengDu but my mom went there before Covid as part of her yearly jalan-jalan in China. The main thing my mom was gushing about after she came back from ChengDu was not the panda but WOW!! ChengDu's young men are so handsome. 8 out of 10 them on the street are handsome even the street stall keepers :PsyWhat:

I've followed him since he starred as Dou Ming Si. Well, I am a big fan of the Meteor Garden Taiwan version. I miss those days.:zzzz:

Except for MTD and CLJ, I didn't watch his dramas other than Meteor Garden. 

He said in the previous interview that the sichuan man really handsome, which included him. :GengarCool:

Edited by Yana
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
18 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

The main thing my mom was gushing about after she came back from ChengDu was not the panda but WOW!! ChengDu's young men are so handsome. 8 out of 10 them on the street are handsome even the street stall keepers

When I start planning my trip to China, I'll make sure to visit Cheng Du. :laugh:

19 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

He definitely improved a lot

Hahaha! Were they just supposed to touch their lips and not have any movements? :thinking:

I never fully watched a Dylan drama until Miss the Dragon. I've seen clips of Meteor Garden and Rational Life, but they were never enough to make me watch the entire drama. For Miss the Dragon, I didn't even continue watching it for Dylan and Bambi. I watched that entire 36 episodes drama only for Deng Wei and Pan Mei Ye. Their storyline was much better and they also had chemistry with each other, something Dylan and Bambi lacked. Needless to say, I skipped all the scenes with Dylan, only watching a few if he happened to be on the same screen as Deng Wei or Pan Mei Ye (I know, such a selective watcher. haha!). This was the first drama of his that I watched in its entirety and I absolutely loved it! I do think that he has improved and props to the production for helping him unlock that. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/esther-yus-billionaire-father-had-invested-in-love-between-fairy-and-devil/

Dunno if this has been posted, but wealth indeed has its privileges, and thanks to money we got much better visuals!

Thank you to Esther Yu and her dad's wealth.

Oh my gosh, I've seen this issue in MDL, where one user openly expressed hatred for Esther. If it is true, that would be great because this drama turned out to be a success.:cool: And I saw a lot of positive comments in regards to this issue. I wanted to share it here, but you can read it in MDL. Search for yesterday's post.

Edited by Yana
  • Like 2

@Yana @IpohBanana @Tofu

Just found out that Wu Lei is a Sichuanese.....:PsyWhat: Don't forget to book your China vacation. ChengDu's main attraction is totally the men not panda.....:PsyWhat:

Trending in Weibo about CLJ's epilogue.......Nowadays everything about them are trending. Before this news trending, ZBB, DD and Esther were trending because her drama released a new trailer. Poor BB n Esther, they new drama keeps getting overshadow by CLJ.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Trending in Weibo about CLJ's epilogue

Will they finally get the wedding they truly deserved?! Someone fund LLTG so we can get their wedding too!!! :yoongibtspls:

@OsmanthusTea @IpohBanana @Yana If my parents were wealthy and can invest in my projects, why not? I don't think there's anything wrong with that and their investment contributed greatly to the show's success! 

• Like 1
  • Party! 2
3 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I don't know why I'm not interested in these 2 dramas. Esther is over the top in the trailer and DD even though still handsome with gorgeous clothing, his FL and hairstyle aren't my taste. These 2 dramas were filmed right after CLJ.

Let's see then.....:zzzz:

CLJ is really phenomenal. Even though the drama has ended, everyone is still talking about it. :smile:

• Like 2