Love Between Fairy and Devil / Cang Lan Jue 苍兰诀 [2022]

NiteWalker

I love the execution of this scene :love: His sudden entrance in black smokes behind her, the kiss and go (he ate up her lipstick and the stylist must have gave up in touching up....:GrimChamp:) The finally let go of longing and tension from XY's part thru the kiss and of course the kiss itself and last his exit thru the black butterfy-ish smokes. The 360 degree and aerial camera work ....Bravo!! :Party01:

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

i couldnt start it cause CX mustache look fake to me lols

I will watch it not for either YiBo or CX so I will be positively fine....:GengarCool:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 2

@Tofu Li Yi Tong is really pretty and stood out as Si Ming! I thought she was beautiful, not pretty, but really beautiful.

I wonder with their popularity, whether some director will jump on this band wagon and cast them together again? Makes commercial sense right?? I wonder if a modern drama would work for them? [Indeed, Dylan looks good in black, seriously good!]

The author Jiu Liu Fei Xiang is pretty remarkable - all her works have been made into dramas. Not sure about Ryan Ding and Yang Chao Yue....hhmm... will reserve my comments till it's out. Tbh I didn't think much about this two as well, as I had some personal opinions about Esther's voice and Dylan's acting. Goes to show that the right environment (colleagues), perhaps a good director and a character that one feels affinity for, really make a world of a difference. 

I was laughing when you all commented about paying taxes.

Spoiler

Geez, I am so cheesed off with a certain someone who acted with Liu Xue Yi, whose tax evasion issues now is likely going to result in that drama being shelved (haha, someone said it's not Love Never Fails but Love Never Airs :lmao2:). Seriously, that whole drama has finished filming already...sigh... and his other drama faced budgetary issues, so was shelved. That guy needs to go to a temple and walk a few rounds to change his luck.

@OsmanthusTea oh yes, that scene was superb. I love how he grabbed her and kissed her. I think she was too shocked to think, she just let herself go in that kiss. And I think no words were necessary, he said what he had to say and she knew he knew, for sure. Though I don't think she realised what he was planning to do next. Because if she had, she wouldn't have let him proceed. 

I know we have been raving about the actors but the Voice Actor for DFQQ I felt was good as well, he was able to deliver the emotions appropriately. It was voiced by Wang Bao Shun (王宝顺), I can't seem to find any info about this person, but I'd like to say 'hats off to him'.

That long-standing joke with your friend, haha, I faintly recall someone telling me a similar situation.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

There is someone in another forum who explained that there is slight mistranslated in the conversation between CH-XY about their marriage. The marriage was supposed to unseal both of their power not only CH. When I first watched that scene I wondered, marriage?? unseal power?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......:PsyWhat: (Yes, it's a long and meaningful Hmm)

I have a friend who had a whatever problem with her uterus/cervix. The doctor said she will be fine after she married...:GrimChamp: Since we are Asian in Asia country, the doctor won't says your cure is just sex....:PsyWhat: This phrase becomes a long running joke among our group of friend.

So I should conclude that both cases are the same.....:GengarCool:

13 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

[Indeed, Dylan looks good in black, seriously good!]

I think DD wears lots of black and white daily. Tbh, I don't like DD's taste (or his stylist). He likes to wears loud loud trousers with loud boots. I meant, you cannot combined 2 loud items in one go. I saw him in classic tux one time, he looked absolutely great!

Regarding LYX, he's not only needs to walks few rounds in the temple. The Indonesian will advice him to "mandi kembang 7 rupa". I like him though, he is hot with great abs....:GengarCool:

• Haha 3

@IpohBanana

These so called fairies, immortal and gods in CLJ 认错人 in 2 important occasion. First, Chidi mortal self's Mr. Right wasn't XR but DFQC hence when DFQC killed her it was actually fulfilled her destiny. Second, to unseal XY's power as XiLan Goddess she doesn't needs CH as her husband but someone she loves, again our lovely DFQC. Hence when she kissed him in the final boss fight DFQC regain his power and even upgraded to Hellfire 2.0, Glazed Fire and she also got her full power as XiLan Goddess. Their first kiss/met in HaoTian Tower changed her path of destiny. That's why I said this drama is about kiss and make up :GrimChamp: I feel like I spoke like anime fan and gamer....:PsyWhat:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 3
48 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I have a friend who had a whatever problem with her uterus/cervix. The doctor said she will be fine after she married...:GrimChamp: Since we are Asian in Asia country, the doctor won't says your cure is just sex....:PsyWhat: This phrase becomes a long running joke among our group of friend.

so did she get married? :lenny: or already married :lmao2:

49 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I think DD wears lots of black and white daily. Tbh, I don't like DD's taste (or his stylist). He likes to wears loud loud trousers with loud boots. I meant, you cannot combined 2 loud items in one go. I saw him in classic tux one time, he looked absolutely great!

likewise....sometimes i like him...sometimes i dont...however no complain for him in DFCQ hahaha...he kill in it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think what I enjoy about drama watching is that not everyone is going to like the same thing. There are many popular dramas that I didn't enjoy as much. I'm glad you gave it a shot though!! I hope it gets less busy for you soon so you can enjoy watching new dramas with us!

@Tofu Yes, it’s interesting to discuss the different povs we all have when watching a drama. I hope it gets less busy as well but do tell me what you decide on watching next. I kind of want to check out Side Story of Fox Volant.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@OsmanthusTea @Yana @NiteWalker @IpohBanana I made the mistake of reading all the posts here while I was in the office today. I laughed out loud and my coworker told me to share what was so funny. I couldn't tell her because she wouldn't understand. :lmao2::lmao2:

Dylan is very open to fashion. Recently, he wore a cow print vest and pants to a taping of a show. I laughed when I saw it because it's just like him to wear loud prints like that. Haha!

Not sure what to say about people making false claims about Dylan using eye drops. Even if he did need help from it, that scene still came out beautifully. I don't mind actors using things to assist them as long as it adds to the experience, benefits the production, and it's not blatantly obvious. 

@IpohBanana - I saw that the rumored Si Ming for that drama is Yang Mi. Here's to hoping that's just a false rumor and the production company somehow convince Li Yitong to return to reprise that role. I don't think I can see anyone else as Si Ming after seeing her. I do hope they switch out the male lead though. Not a fan of the person who played that role in this drama (he was the annoying 2ML in Legend of Fei). 

@N3buLa84 If you end up checking that out, let me know how you like it! So far it looks like it'll be good, but I'm not fully convinced that I'll watch it yet.

• Haha 3

Damn….ZhangLingHe voice is very nice 

@Tofu @OsmanthusTea some use eyes drop a bit when they need to film close up to see a tear drop…they need an angle to it for the camera trick or close up….so what’s wrong with using eyes drops?

even the veteran did that to control the tears slip places…..gosh these guys are finding faults all are only keyboards warrior….tell them to try to cry and still looks beautiful on screen 

• Like 3

@NiteWalker

I had never seen this CH guy before CLJ. He is cute yah....The more you look the more handsome he gets....:GengarCool: But in CLJ he was totally upstaged by DD though. DFQC's styling was loud and intimidating plus DD does has a strong presence by his looks alone. CH is more on the mild side so I started to pay attention to him during the livestream bts and interviews.

CLJ was airing for only around 3 weeks but during these time DD's rumors multiplied from staff-GF, engagement, jumped queue, previous ships and now eye drops. Let's wait what next.....:PsyWhat:

• Haha 4
On 8/30/2022 at 8:40 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

I had never seen this CH guy before CLJ

Me either, but he's Bai Lu's new leading man! They are in a historical drama together. I can't remember if it's done filming or if they are still in the middle of it. 

Hahaha! Why am I not surprised that Esther did that to him? :lmao2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@NiteWalkeryes I saw that video - gullible him, he actually believed her. Shows he is still quite pure at heart. hahah

And naughty Esther for tricking him.

@OsmanthusTea I fell in like with Zhang Ling He in Maiden Holmes where he acted with Sebrina Chen. He was such a gentlemanly character there...the 21-year old in me swooned. Not quite tall, dark, handsome, but certainly he had all the manerisms and at 1.88m, gee, two out of three ain't bad. I was waiting anxiously for him to get some more leading roles, and am glad there are a few coming up for him. I think he has potential, let's hope he nails the upcoming roles and makes a name for himself. And his actual voice is really deep, omo....even more to like about him now!

@Tofu I saw that it's Yang Mi with Gong Jun. I second you, I love Li Yi Tong as Si Ming, she gave that character so much depth...and her air of authority, wow! 

Spoiler

As for the Story of Kunning Palace, where Zhang Ling He acts with Bai Lu, they only started shooting I think in May this year (2022年4月,该剧规划备案 [8]  ;5月21日,该剧开机) source: Baidu. So, it probably is gonna wrap shooting in September? That is a rebirth story, both aren't angels, but get a second shot at life. Hhmm...interesting!

Bai Lu is also with Leo Luo (Till the End of the Moon) and Bai Lu is reportedly with Dylan Wang in 以爱为营 or Yi Ai Wei Ying (modern drama).

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that a director will cast DD and XX together again, perhaps in a modern drama, if a costume drama is too much to ask for. Then again, the script counts for a lot...so here's hoping!

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
54 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

And his actual voice is really deep, omo....even more to like about him now!

Haha, that's what I thought when I heard the clips with his actual voice too! The trailer for the his new drama, I think they are using his actual voice? 

56 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that a director will cast DD and XX together again, perhaps in a modern drama, if a costume drama is too much to ask for. Then again, the script counts for a lot...so here's hoping!

It would be nice if they were in a modern drama together! However, I tend to like Dylan more in historical roles. I didn't watch his last modern drama with Qin Lan. 

@OsmanthusTea What other drama did Dylan do with Yukee? I'm not a big fan of her either. :cry:

• Like 1

@NiteWalker or @OsmanthusTea can one of you confirm who is the author's work that Zhang Ling He and Esther Yu are supposed to star in?

虞书欣与王鹤棣主演的古偶剧正在热播当中,片方搞了不少热搜宣传,热度还可以。她和剧中的张凌赫也蛮有CP感的,两人都挺得资方看好,私下已经撮合两人二搭合作了,新戏就是小四同名作品改编的本子,剧组正在筹备当中,将于近期开机拍摄。虞书欣还是蛮会撩的,在作品宣传期互动发糖给很足。

Source: https://k.sina.com.cn/article_6427651456_17f1e2d80019015wn4.html?cre=tianyi&mod=pcent&loc=6&r=0&rfunc=15&tj=cxvertical_pc_ent&tr=181&from=ent&subch=oent

For those who can't read Chinese, here's a summary from this news site. It says that the chemistry between Dylan Wang and Esther Yu is good, whilst there is a sense of CP between Esther with Zhang Ling He. These duo  are in talks to star together in a period idol drama, the author if not mistaken is Xiao Si (?). The drama is at the phase of planning to film. 

• Like 1