Love Between Fairy and Devil / Cang Lan Jue 苍兰诀 [2022]

NiteWalker

39 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

DD and Esther look amazing together in modern setting. Hopefully they will get cast again together in a romcom.

Btw, I noticed that DD doesn’t looks Chinese, he looks like a person from somewhere in Central Asia 😂😂

yes both looks really good....and it does seems like DD in on good rapport with quite a number of good actress 

for Esther...its either you like her or you totally dislike her....she is well aware of the fact that some dont like her cutesy act...however it does seems to come naturally to her?

many commented that when they initially start to get to know her...she does irritate them...however as they got to know her more...they realize that she is someone who speak her minds and is also a person who is good with the ice breaking to make things less awkward for most with her antic :laugh:

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

518503-AB-D080-4-F30-8-F53-FFA4-E32-A2-ACC3590-EB-AE27-4-EAA-93-F9-4-DA3-E89-AF4

DD and Esther look amazing together in modern setting. Hopefully they will get cast again together in a romcom.

Btw, I noticed that DD doesn’t looks Chinese, he looks like a person from somewhere in Central Asia 😂😂

Love the 2nd pic!!!! :BulbaOWO:

2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

for Esther...its either you like her or you totally dislike her....she is well aware of the fact that some dont like her cutesy act...however it does seems to come naturally to her?

I think she's the only actress that I don't find annoyed with her cute voice. 

@OsmanthusTeaYesss....we do hope they will pair as a couple again in a modern romcom. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Yana said:

@OsmanthusTeaYesss....we do hope they will pair as a couple again in a modern romcom. 

Esther is filming with XuKai as ML right now while DD only have an array of variety shows. I hope they can be pair again soon.

@NiteWalker

This is my first drama with Esther, I did saw some clips of her in a modern youth drama forget the title. There was a scene of her being held hostage by her psycho BF. I saw her in Go Fridge! with GJ too. I had never pay much attention to her and I did find her voice scratching my ears. But after few eps of CLJ, I forgot about her voice....:GengarCool: But she is naturally cute, I can't do nothing about it...:zzzz:

After CLJ I do think she is a nice person. DD and her got along famously well. They got no personal space anymore, they are joined together on the hips, literally.  I love their friendship and I think that friendship is special because they fight like sibs but can still kissed and make out like lovers....:PsyWhat:  I'm watching IS on the side. YZ and CY also great buddies in real life. But their friendship is so great until I don't buy their love line on screen. Unlike DD-Esther.

His discreet smirk before he dropped her....:GrimChamp:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 3
44 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

After CLJ I do think she is a nice person. DD and her got along famously well. They got no personal space anymore, they are joined together on the hips, literally.  I love their friendship and I think that friendship is special because they fight like sibs but can still kissed and make out like lovers....:PsyWhat:  I'm watching IS on the side. YZ and CY also great buddies in real life. But their friendship is so great until I don't buy their love line on screen. Unlike DD-Esther.

You can see that both of them are unseparable. can't get tired of them.:heiboi:

:shocked2:NNOOOOOOOOOOOO....

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Esther is filming with XuKai as ML right now while DD only have an array of variety shows. I hope they can be pair again soon.

haha ya....both Esther and XuKai are pair up in Chinese Paladin 6 if my counts is correct hahahaha...

DD is a permanent host in 'Hello Saturday' with HeXiong.

@NiteWalker

This is my first drama with Esther, I did saw some clips of her in a modern youth drama forget the title. There was a scene of her being held hostage by her psycho BF. I saw her in Go Fridge! with GJ too. I had never pay much attention to her and I did find her voice scratching my ears. But after few eps of CLJ, I forgot about her voice....:GengarCool: But she is naturally cute, I can't do nothing about it...:zzzz:

oh i remember that series...it was really awesome act on her sides on that when she was crawling to get away...she look like 2 different person then...and that i had to rewind to get it that its her! lols....

it does take some times to get use to her scratching voice hahaha...however there are still certain times i couldnt seems to stand it still lols.....but i like to see her in variety...she did very well there....

I'm watching IS on the side. YZ and CY also great buddies in real life. But their friendship is so great until I don't buy their love line on screen. Unlike DD-Esther.

i couldnt seems to buy the chemistry in between YZ n CY so i drop it....but DD & Esther...i buy it...even though they always bicker in between scenes!!!

His discreet smirk before he dropped her....:GrimChamp:

i guess they need this in preparation of the despair that he will be doing....he was bawling and after the director called 'cut' he had to lay still to get a grip of his emotion.....and Esther had to went to him and tell him.... 'hey hey....i'm here i'm alive' to bring him out....

• Like 3

@OsmanthusTea yup, you were right about that snippet you showed us!

Spoiler

T'was indeed the scene right at the end. Though I still threw out a few cuss words, so stingy, such a short sweet scene, not enough for me! I guess the bone orchid contains his heart, right? So it made sense that she cultivated his primordial spirit from that bone. 

But I am glad he guessed what she was up to, I like that the scriptwriter didn't dump down on his intelligence but it was also because she couldn't take it anymore and let the cat out of the bag with her finger-smiley-action. And that look in her eyes - it was really different from the cold, distant look she had been giving him all along - which gave her away. I loved that scene, because it wasn't only the difference in her eyes, it was the change in his eyes when he realised what was happening - that was superbly done.

I saw Dylan before in Ever Night 2, but I didn't persevere because I felt lost with the direction of the story as compared with part 1, and I personally preferred Arthur Chen. I didn't watch the other dragon show, but this IS really a showcase for him. I think this drama is really the one that is going to boost his popularity. I wish him all the best, and hope he enjoys it; fingers crossed he will stay clean and clear of whatever authorities or vengeful people.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Clapping Hands 1
12 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@OsmanthusTea yup, you were right about that snippet you showed us!

Reveal hidden contents

T'was indeed the scene right at the end. Though I still threw out a few cuss words, so stingy, such a short sweet scene, not enough for me! I guess the bone orchid contains his heart, right? So it made sense that she cultivated his primordial spirit from that bone. 

But I am glad he guessed what she was up to, I like that the scriptwriter didn't dump down on his intelligence but it was also because she couldn't take it anymore and let the cat out of the bag with her finger-smiley-action. And that look in her eyes - it was really different from the cold, distant look she had been giving him all along - which gave her away. I loved that scene, because it wasn't only the difference in her eyes, it was the change in his eyes when he realised what was happening - that was superbly done.

I heard at the end of the filming, the budget is tight so they do the best they can do. I got no complain though. Despite the short ending, everything wrapped up nicely in a big red bow....

@IpohBanana

The most important thing Dylan have to make sure to pays his taxes 

@IpohBanana

I noticed in the last 4 eps there were lots of close up shot to the casts' eyes and the scene where she gives her finger smile was superbly done not only the changes on their eyes but also the tones of DD's voice or his dubber. The whispery shaky voice combo with the devastating slash confused eyes are deadly for my heart.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3

It's finished, guys... Although it's short, I am quite satisfied with the ending. It's a happy ending even though we wished it were more than that, like an actual wedding. Life and marriage weren't there. Every character had their own ending.

I'm really going to miss DFQC and XLN so much after this. They have done an amazing job. And also well done to production crews. 👏👏💐❤️

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
12 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

The most important thing Dylan have to make sure to pays his taxes 

Hahahahahaha!! I'm still on episode 33 but I couldn't resist coming here to read the comments. This one had me laughing so much! I hope the current artists learn from all the tax evasion news that they should not even try to escape paying their taxes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

Hahahahahaha!! I'm still on episode 33 but I couldn't resist coming here to read the comments. This one had me laughing so much! I hope the current artists learn from all the tax evasion news that they should not even try to escape paying their taxes. 

With C artists, it doesn't matter if they have sex scandal or domestic scandal but tax evasion?? Well, bye bye career.... Another thing is stay away from anything pro Jap.....

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Yesss...i saw the news too...Crystal yuan also caught into tax evasion scandal...

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Love this part   :love: Very Dong Fang Qing Chang....:GengarCool:

So heart wrenching but loving it....:cry:

Another fav part....:love:

That kiss-stealing scene... Daqiang, you're such a badboy.🤭🤭

3 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

5778230-F-F989-43-EB-A11-D-27029947-AEE6

4-CC5-FA0-B-BB1-D-4459-A3-CF-01-BD386-D7

DD suits dark mode so much 🥰😘❤️

My fav Deng Lun is a goner too because of tax evasion.....:nervous:

What's going to happen to him? Is tax evasion such a big crime in China? Are they able to return to the industry if they are willing to pay the fine? 

I cried during this scene.:nervous:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
9 minutes ago, Yana said:

What's going to happen to him? Is tax evasion such a big crime in China? Are they able to return to the industry if they are willing to pay the fine? 

Usually before they were convicted they will be given chances to settle. Those like FBB, DL and Crystal Yuan were said didn't settled even after given chances. The consequence is they will receive penalty plus back taxes. IF they aren't public figure then they will just pay the fine and done. But since they are public figure, they will be cancelled.

• Insightful 2
18 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

DD suits dark mode so much

I know! I love him in dark mode too. :wow:

CLJ-56.gif

I watched that BTS of Xiao Lanhua sacrificing herself and Dylan crying. I was so sad watching that. He has improved so much. I agreed with @IpohBanana that this drama is the drama that's going to boost Dylan's popularity. I just hope that he learns from his senior's mistake and do not embark on the same path as them. The industry is so saturated there will be another one to replace him if he does something the public does not like. 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu

I think the casts and whole production crew behind CLJ dig the best out of DD. Ever Night 2 was a big budget production with all of the trimming but still DD wasn't half as good as in CLJ. In CLJ, DD has a great leading lady who can work well on off screen. The crew also mostly young people, so they know more about what the current audience love unlike some stuck up old hag in the industry. They worked in the relax and creative environment and let those kid at heart loose in the out. Look at how crazy their antics were in the BTS.

CLJ reminded me of Word of Honor. WoH had even less budget than CLJ but look at the result, a total bomb! GJ said he was so sad every single time during the scenes with food. Because always veggie, veggie and veggie. The company didn't even had budget for a meat dish on display.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@OsmanthusTea I couldn't agree more! The director and crew members really extracted all that they could out of Dylan and even Esther. Having a good work environment is so crucial to the success of oneself. From the BTS, they were encouraged to be themselves. I mean, they were never told to stop when they were clawing at each other...haha! 

I never finished WoH, but that's what I heard/read about it. I cannot believe their budget was that small, but I can totally see it thinking back to the BTS I've seen. I'm so happy for the success of WoH, it's too bad that we will probably never see another BL drama. It seems like there's a stop to all of them. 

• Like 2