Love Between Fairy and Devil / Cang Lan Jue 苍兰诀 [2022]

NiteWalker

I think we already shared this, but it was recently uploaded on iQIYI's YT 

ALSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....THE MUSIC VIDEO CAME OUT FOR THIS SONG!!! :letalQQ:

Can Spotify add all the songs now so I can add them to my playlist?! 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
8 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Too emotionally drained to emote.....

It seems like that was taken after Xiao Lanhua's sacrificing scene. 

Love wins and it's so beautiful!! :cry:

CLJ-57-T.gif

I'm supposed to be working right now, but I just spent the last hour looking at LBFAD clips, photos, etc. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

YES! Despite everything he's done, he did it for his version of love. 

Of course! There is no different between him in DFQC tbh. He made a pact with Tai Sui because he ran out of option to saves his SiFu, his eternal love. DFQC was ready to did the same to saves XLH but XLH got ahead by killing herself.

https://twitter.com/xiaotoumings/status/1564295079833276416?s=20&t=XSGLKALZ-FN1pgCrcvoM8g

:PsyWhat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

To be honest, the drama is pretty standard in terms of storytelling. It's your basic xianxia plot but somehow they make it work. I loved everything about it, and even if there was something I didn't like I appreciated the effort they put into it. There was so much attention to detail in everything -- the cast, the costume, the CGI, etc. It is definitely one my favorite xianxia to date. 

@OsmanthusTea @Yana This is for both of you because I know how much you guys appreciate DFQC's costume. :heart:

CLJ-62.gif

So....what are you guys watching next because I can't think of anything I want to watch after this?

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
11 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea @Yana This is for both of you because I know how much you guys appreciate DFQC's costume. :heart:

CLJ-62.gif

So....what are you guys watching next because I can't think of anything I want to watch after this?

@Tofu Thank u so much :heart::cry: 

Pablo Escobar Waiting | Know Your Meme

I'm suffering from LBFAD syndrome and can't think of a single drama to watch right now. 

I did cry a bit yesterday when DFQC sacrificed himself for 3realms and also when XLH met him after 500 years.

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Yana said:

I did cry a bit yesterday when DFQC sacrificed himself for 3realms and also when XLH met him after 500 years.

Just a little bit?! I cried watching that entire scene especially when he called her "little flower demon". :letalQQ:

CLJ-63.gif

This is me now that LLTG and LBFAD are done airing --- waiting for the next good drama. 

alone-lonely.gif

• Sad 1

Hello guys. I just got done watching the final episode and I’m ready to share my thoughts. First of all I want to say that I always enjoy chatting about dramas with @NiteWalkerand  @Tofu. Plus I’m always happy to chat with anyone who enjoys watching dramas.

I’m glad you guys really loved LBDAF and respect your opinions. Not everyone will like the same things and it’s okay as long as we respect each other’s point of view. For me personally Cang Lan Jue wasn’t great. The story isn’t anything I haven’t seen before and for some reason I found myself not being able to connect with the characters. I didn’t even get close to getting teary eyed while watching the emotional scenes. I found myself having to ff through scenes and feel that the second half wasn’t as good. This drama had great CGI for sure and it made it stand out from other dramas but that’s not enough for me. The best part of CLJ for me was the ost.

I do think Didi improved his acting compared to his performance in Miss The Dragon. As his fan I’m always looking forward to his upcoming projects and hope to enjoy watching his work. I will wait for his next character and see how it goes. 

I still think his best character until now has been Ning Que and I can’t wait till I like another one of his characters just as much. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@N3buLa84 I think what I enjoy about drama watching is that not everyone is going to like the same thing. There are many popular dramas that I didn't enjoy as much. I'm glad you gave it a shot though!! I hope it gets less busy for you soon so you can enjoy watching new dramas with us!

15 minutes ago, Yana said:

do you have any beautiful pics as phone wallpaper? 

I found some DFQC phone wallpaper on Weibo a while back. Otherwise, I really don't have one, but this poster of theirs can be made into a wallpaper.

Spoiler

60e0b389ly1h5556vssapj21jk2qskjl.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57qrsy3s2j31gk35sqqr.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57r8nqkcij31gk35s4qp.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57rcedlqej31b32ty7wh.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57qrxbtj5j31gk35sx6p.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57qs3xs3pj31dc2yt4qp.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57r8mmx10j31gk35s4p6.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57r8ll1x1j314z2goqgk.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57qs7qwpfj31gk35s1kx.jpg

Li Yitong was so pretty!! Her story will be the next installment (link). I'm not sure if she's going to reprise the role. Who is the guy that they saw with her? He looked familiar but I cannot remember his name. :thinking:

CLJ-64.gif

And wow, I guess it really is coming to Netflix! I see it under "coming soon" for me. In the USA, it's not often that we get recent Chinese dramas (usually they are from a year or more ago). 

LBFAD.png

• Like 2

She translated a lot of the goodbye messages from the cast that they posted on their Weibo. 

Dylan.

Spoiler

Esther.

Spoiler

Shangque

Spoiler

Changheng

Spoiler

Jieli

Spoiler

Chidi

Spoiler

Rong Hao

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@N3buLa84 I think what I enjoy about drama watching is that not everyone is going to like the same thing. There are many popular dramas that I didn't enjoy as much. I'm glad you gave it a shot though!! I hope it gets less busy for you soon so you can enjoy watching new dramas with us!

I found some DFQC phone wallpaper on Weibo a while back. Otherwise, I really don't have one, but this poster of theirs can be made into a wallpaper.

Hide contents

60e0b389ly1h5556vssapj21jk2qskjl.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57qrsy3s2j31gk35sqqr.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57r8nqkcij31gk35s4qp.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57rcedlqej31b32ty7wh.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57qrxbtj5j31gk35sx6p.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57qs3xs3pj31dc2yt4qp.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57r8mmx10j31gk35s4p6.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57r8ll1x1j314z2goqgk.jpg
005-GIVK4ly1h57qs7qwpfj31gk35s1kx.jpg

Li Yitong was so pretty!! Her story will be the next installment (link). I'm not sure if she's going to reprise the role. Who is the guy that they saw with her? He looked familiar but I cannot remember his name. :thinking:

CLJ-64.gif

And wow, I guess it really is coming to Netflix! I see it under "coming soon" for me. In the USA, it's not often that we get recent Chinese dramas (usually they are from a year or more ago). 

LBFAD.png

Omo...all the pic BEAUTIFUL!! :wow: Thanks @Tofu

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

To be honest, the drama is pretty standard in terms of storytelling. It's your basic xianxia plot but somehow they make it work. I loved everything about it, and even if there was something I didn't like I appreciated the effort they put into it. There was so much attention to detail in everything -- the cast, the costume, the CGI, etc. It is definitely one my favorite xianxia to date. 

Yes, but somehow it works marvelously.....Nothing new and I always knew what's gonna happen next....:PsyWhat: It's a basic XianXia with extra flares. I think the main attraction for me is the pretty parts of the drama and the chemistry between the leads. Plus DD and Esther went all out *cough*. The production worked very hard and it shows. The main message of the drama is love will solves every problem in the world yadaa yadaa yadaa dee....but the message I got is kiss and make up....:GengarCool:

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Being a Hero...:PsyWhat: Totally different genre....:GengarCool:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@Yana

I have been drowning in romance on screen lately. Not a simple romance but unbelievable and unrealistic romance like Meng Hua Lo, LLTG and CLJ so I need to get away from this dream sequences like DFQC :PsyWhat:  So my back to reality drama will be Being A Hero....:GengarCool:

I would say the best dramas of 2022 up to this date were A Dream of Splendor, LLTG, and CLJ.

• Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
32 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I got is kiss and make up

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this! :laugh:

@Yana @OsmanthusTea Let me know how Being A Hero is! I think @Lynne might be watching it...maybe? I can never tell if Lyn is watching, reading just the spoilers, or watching from the end to the beginning. Hahaha! 

Yana, I have no recommendations because I'm a bit lost myself on what to watch next too. Side Story of Fox Volant looks interesting, but do I want to watch a wuxia? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

oooo then i hope they have DD & Esther as cameo in between!!!!! PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3 hours ago, Yana said:

Being a hero?? yibo and chen xiao?? :cool:

you guys should tag @Lynne she wouldnt miss this one....and @SilverMoonTea for ChenXiao :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2