On 10/5/2021 at 2:29 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Why alien oppa looks like getting younger

I don't like the hair ugggggghhhh he is back to Producer era with curly hair?? HAHAHAHA cc: @mademoiselle

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle @bairama Do you have the video or where to find the clip where that YY gif is from? It's easier for me to work with that file. HAHA!

will send you later :SquirtleWonderfull: but tbh I'm having hard time rendering the right setting of it so it has big space of black on the panned video lol I will try to figure it out

I'm waking up to this AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Junyeol oppa can you hug me? Can I hug you, its on hourlykactors: yes people more people watch it watch itttt (Lost) :SquirtleWonderfull:

whoever submit(??) Or what, Idk how to, by bairama fanvid to big acc base thank you~ :heart: 

my fan heart soft & happy reading the comments like this:

"Yoo.. I'm gonna watch this drama"

"Like I don’t know anything about this drama but his face alone is about to make me watch it"

"This man is beautiful" :ValentineBulba:

yes it is Junyeol's charisma yeorobun :pandalove:

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

I just love that it's a sageuk that made him shed his shirt. :laugh:

@mademoiselle In regards to your gif question in Affection's thread, the quality of the video you use matters. You'll get better results if your video quality is good. Play with your curves and levels to adjust the brightness, sometimes your exposure setting too. You can ways use selective color and color balance to color correct once you get the brightness you want. I prefer to make the edits to my gif while it's in a video file on PS. Once I like how it looks, I'll flatten everything to layers. I use smart sharpen to blur/sharpen and that's easier to use when it's in the video file instead of frames. If it's in a frame, I have to convert it to a smart layer before I can use smart sharpen. 

When you save and your setting is on pattern, it'll save a bit darker so don't be afraid to go a little brighter. Sometimes diffusion looks better so switch between the two to see which ones look better. The file for diffusion will always be bigger than pattern. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle In regards to your gif question in Affection's thread, the quality of the video you use matters. You'll get better results if your video quality is good. Play with your curves and levels to adjust the brightness, sometimes your exposure setting too. You can ways use selective color and color balance to color correct once you get the brightness you want. I prefer to make the edits to my gif while it's in a video file on PS. Once I like how it looks, I'll flatten everything to layers. I use smart sharpen to blur/sharpen and that's easier to use when it's in the video file instead of frames. If it's in a frame, I have to convert it to a smart layer before I can use smart sharpen. 

When you save and your setting is on pattern, it'll save a bit darker so don't be afraid to go a little brighter. Sometimes diffusion looks better so switch between the two to see which ones look better. The file for diffusion will always be bigger than pattern. 

The video is usually 720p or 1080p. I have tried all the filters you have mentioned above, however, can I confirm when you import the video files - you don't immediately make it an animation first (there is tick at the bottom of the window)? 

18 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I just love that it's a sageuk that made him shed his shirt. :laugh:

:laugh: This time the PD-nim is not that easy to say no to. Bwahahahahahaha. :laugh:

• Like 4

@mademoiselle 

Spoiler

Nope, not always. It depends on what I'm trying to do. If I'm just making a gif without blending it or making it into a graphic gif, I do all the editing first before turning it to a frame animation. 

On the timeline, this is how it looks:

01-01.png

On the layers, this is what I did:

01-02.png

This is what it ended up looking like when I saved it without turning it into a frame animation:

Scientist-01.gif

If for whatever reason you can't find the settings you like, you can always download people's coloring PSDs to use. Not all colorings are made to work on every gif so sometimes you have to look at the settings and change it accordingly to match yours. When I first started, I would look at people's PSDs to see how they did theirs. Once I learned each settings, I started playing around with it myself. Then, I would just save the settings I did for use later on. 

For example, let's say that the gif above was too dark and I wanted to use a coloring PSD on it, I'm going to use this one and add it to my layers. I changed some of the settings to match the gif and now it looks like this:

Scientist-02.gif

Tumblr has a lot of coloring PSDs. If you search, you should be able to find a lot that you can download. If you can't find any, I might have saved some links. I'll look for them and post it here so you can use it! 

51 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

This time the PD-nim is not that easy to say no to. Bwahahahahahaha.

Hahaha! I'm curious to know what his reaction is to everyone's reaction. :lmao2:

• Insightful 3

@bairama OMG, my eyes... HELP

1 or 2?

82b4cbe70773196ae5ed730ee6703b2fff70600e.gifv  91db57e95274e4c76d7428d82a6c51c9511d5294.gifv

584b052fdf99e627dce29ac989e9f6251842d21b.gifv  3d5c8c0f4d9eeb6f3a104397a8706990edce58bc.gifv

From my side, I see more "matte" for first 1 (left).

@Tofu I tried to do it your way and it doesn't work well when the video is too long I think. The gif came out choppy (like it jumped frames). I don't know how it even happens. :(

The way I do it is:

Spoiler

1. Import → video frames to layers

Capture.png

I was taught that if I use this way, I can cut down the size of the gif because I can limit the number of frames it creates. I have the Make Frame Animation ticked and they appear as below.

Capture.png

2. I then delete the frames I don't want from the bottom (and on the right for layers). I also adjust the frame rate (?) from 0.03 to 0.1 in this instances.

3. I then convert to video timeline.

The rest pretty much is the same as what you do.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle awww moiiii you worked hard :)

what I like from 1 yes its true, more matte/smooth? And so in my Star Trek mood agenda hahaha. Cold

and what I like from 2 its warm & not losing the original skin color -> I prefer this one?? But from both I have something that I likee

Oppas news:

Lee Jehoon won ACA 2021 Best Actor

FBF1JfuVUAQo3cM?format=jpg&name=large

Song Kang won ACA 2021 Excellence Award

Yoo Ah In won BUIL 2021 Best Actor (Voice of Silence)

:wow:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

11 minutes ago, bairama said:

@mademoiselle awww moiiii you worked hard :)

what I like from 1 yes its true, more matte/smooth? And so in my Star Trek mood agenda hahaha. Cold

and what I like from 2 its warm & not losing the original skin color -> I prefer this one?? But from both I have something that I likee

Hahaha I wanted to cry when I put it side by side. I don't know why 1 turns out "matte". But I like 1's colours more than 2. Like you said, 2 has the warmer colour tone. But I think I'll stick with 2 as well

*DEAD. I'm still fiddling with Photoshop right now...

• Haha 4
25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I wanted to cry when I put it side by side. I don't know why 1 turns out "matte". But I like 1's colours more than 2. Like you said, 2 has the warmer colour tone. But I think I'll stick with 2 as well

I feel you, I think I can feel your hardshiipppppp :smile:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

@mademoiselle I'll screenshot how I normally do mine. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to make the gif. To make it less choppy, I try not to go above 0.1 and make sure I choose "do not dispose" as my option.

Spoiler

0116.png

How I normally make mine:

Spoiler

I took inspiration from your gif in Affection's thread. It was also just a lot easier because the clip is small. Haha!

Sometimes, it's a lot easier for me to just screen record the clip I want instead of download the video. I screen recorded this clip from Affection's teaser:

Then, I opened it up in PS and adjusted the clip to just the scene I want:

Once I made all the edits I want to the clip, I would flatten the video into frames.

0112.png

Then I change it into a frame animation.

0111.png

After changing it, I'll pull the layers into the timeline to make the gif.

0113.png

From there, I delete all the empty frames (the empty frames are from the layers of editing you created. You can delete those from the layers and then convert to frames but sometimes I forget to do that). 

0114.png

I make my adjustments to the time and change my option to "do not dispose". I go between diffusion and pattern to see what looks best. Sometimes diffusion will so I save as that. Other times, pattern will look better so I use that instead. Here are the two versions:

Diffusion. 

Rowoon-03.gif

Pattern.

Rowoon-03-P.gif

Sorry @SilverMoonTea!  A little off topic but it's about creating gifs of our oppas so I thought it was ok. Hahaha!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

This time the PD-nim is not that easy to say no to. Bwahahahahahaha.

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA fans are thanking the PD already

ahahaha I love this PD. His arms look good. He's kept up his fit body.  :hug:

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Thank you @Tofu I will study it and trial it out. I definitely didn't flatten images etc when editing in video mode.

@abs-oluteM LOL, in a magazine interview, he said he beef up for Sunbae due to the nature of the role but he chose to lose weight for Affection. Let's hope KBS don't change their mind and cut this delicious scene out in the actual drama. I wanna see abs and lovely arms! 

Honestly, I am still laughing at this (and him) for trying so hard to not shed clothes and voila... kekekekeke. Can't hide it forever, my man. :smug: 

Spoiler

You know what? I'm see Guests checking out this thread. I'm scared... all these chats we have ... it can be embarrassing to look back... Ottokae!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But (hopefully) she'll see the goodness in other Ssangmundong's boys. There's a lot of Jun Yeol in the beginning and Jun Yeol showering right in front of the camera thanks to GJP and AJH xDDDDD

AJH is funny too, but GKP kind of quiet sometimes. 

But Bogummie is the best, police stopped him for not seeing a stop sign and he even smashed the car. They all said he's a scary driver bwahahaha... Since he's maknae everyone seems babying him too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

AJH is funny too, but GKP kind of quiet sometimes. 

But Bogummie is the best, police stopped him for not seeing a stop sign and he even smashed the car. They all said he's a scary driver bwahahaha... Since he's maknae everyone seems babying him too.

Yeah GKP at that time not sure going through something and he was also stressed about taking care of their finance, lol. They spent a bit too much in the beginning.

Bo Gum had a lot of "accident", lol. Smashing the car scene was hilarious. Since then every time he drives in drama it reminded me of it and wonder if his driving got better. It almost felt like we saw the real Taek in YoF in Africa. In R88, Taek couldn't parallel park :lol: After that JY took on the responsibility of driving all the way and there was one scene I felt a bit sorry for him coz he was sooooo tired and he just went dead without showering and AJH wiped his dirty feet for him and he doesn't even know.

But I felt it was all worth it when they got to Victoria Falls. OMG, the view was magnificient! I'd love to be there one day to witness this wonderful nature myself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu I did one following your way!

850.gif

Question... what usually is your settings for "Save for Web"?

Spoiler

Capture.png

I checked between "Selective" and "Adaptive" for this particular gif and both didn't look any different. I usually just leave this settings as is

P.S. I got to the end and then got stuck for a while because the frames were set to "Automatic" so I click many times and didn't see the "Do not dispose" option. Even Google it to see where I find that. Eventually it was by luck that I click again and it came out! :psweatduck:

---

I'm watching Wu Lei's Upcoming Summer on Netflix. Anyone seen it yet? I'm just in the beginning and LOL at Zheng Yu Xing looking all blur when the Teacher said they were dating. BTW, how can the teacher shame them in front of the whole class!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2