5 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Your oppa so funny & cute @abs-oluteM, btw I didnt know he living overseas before? 

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/20815/20140430/five-facts-about-kim-ji-suk.htm

He looks like very extrovert, but he's also quite homely! 

https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/20140403-sure-kim-ji-suk-interview/

Yeah, he studied abroad in middle/ high school (UK) so has decent command of English. I used to watch him in the variety Problematic Men. He is also a real joker and a very versatile actor. He can act idiotic, bad, funny, good, prickly. That's why I love him :D

His is the only oppa thread I have yet to reopen. I really should ahahahah but no time yet

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

13 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yeah, he studied abroad in middle/ high school (UK) so has decent command of English. I used to watch him in the variety Problematic Men. He is also a real joker and a very versatile actor. He can act idiotic, bad, funny, good, prickly. That's why I love him :D

His is the only oppa thread I have yet to reopen. I really should ahahahah but no time yet

I also shd open Il Woo thread, but since alrd have shipper thread I think is enough lols... 

Both your oppas need to get married! Haha... 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473184wpp/kim-ji-suk-and-ha-seok-jin-share-honest-thoughts-on-love-marriage-and-dating

I miss HSJ too... 

This oppa tracker so useful, can ogling other ppl's oppa collection and study the oppa together 😆

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I also shd open Il Woo thread, but since alrd have shipper thread I think is enough lols... 

Both your oppas need to get married! Haha... 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473184wpp/kim-ji-suk-and-ha-seok-jin-share-honest-thoughts-on-love-marriage-and-dating

I miss HSJ too... 

This oppa tracker so useful, can ogling other ppl's oppa collection and study the oppa together 😆

ahahahah yes both my oppas here really should but I feel it is not easy to meet the right person. But at least KJS' acting career is steady and he gets a lot of good roles. HSJ tends to be typecast and has not seen good progress with his acting. Between the two personalities , at least from what I see on Problematic Men , HSJ is more serious & competitive and really very clever especially maths/science or analysis questions. You can say he is more reserved. KJS is more open and expressive - feels more approachable. Funny too. There was a period when he took a break to film Top Star Yoo Baek ( the show was done on an island faraway) , and I realise it wasn't as fun without him. He is not so good with the maths type questions but good with those things requiring EQ. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

His fam background is surely interesting @abs-oluteM

Actor Kim Ji-seok is a grandson of late independence fighter Kim Sung-il, who fought for Korea's independence in China under the leadership of Kim Ku, head of Korea's government-in-exile in Shanghai. According to historic documents, the late Kim joined a squad of rifle-armed independence activists in 1916, but was caught and tortured for four months by Japanese troops in 1932.

Source : korea times

Btw he also can sport mustache well 😅 I really don't know how I end up as mustache's fan lately.

Kim-Ji-Suk-03.jpg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Actor Kim Ji-seok is a grandson of late independence fighter Kim Sung-il, who fought for Korea's independence in China under the leadership of Kim Ku, head of Korea's government-in-exile in Shanghai. According to historic documents, the late Kim joined a squad of rifle-armed independence activists in 1916, but was caught and tortured for four months by Japanese troops in 1932.

Source : korea times

His older brother is very clever and is an Oxford graduate. Younger bro is a rapper . In the early days of his career he was on some variety where they showed his family. He is very close to them and often puts up pictures on his IG. These 3 are BFFs...this was the cut you saw on the Soompi article

This one so sweet of him

Spoiler

His female bestie is this actress Yoo In Young - she was in Good Casting ( the one who had the love line with Jun ). I think they would have made a lovely couple...but they both think that moment has passed . LOL

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMYour oppa KJS so cute. I decided to adopt him. I really like Monthly House Magazine. 

oh yay !!!! Ya he's adorable. Also funny on & off screen. And in Top Star Yoo Baek he's got amazing body ...though I know you're not into abs but this gives me opportunity to show off his hard work :laugh:

kim-ji-suk1.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

oh yay !!!! Ya he's adorable. Also funny on & off screen. And in Top Star Yoo Baek he's got amazing body ...though I know you're not into abs but this gives me opportunity to show off his hard work :laugh:

I watched Top Star already.. when its airing. Sang Yeob the 2nd lead... lols but SY annoyed me a bit in there. I think I missed last few eps bcos the subbing was not good that time. Then I forgot cos as usual have too many dramas on hand 😅

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I watched Top Star already.. when its airing. Sang Yeob the 2nd lead... lols but SY annoyed me a bit in there. I think I missed last few eps bcos the subbing was not good that time. Then I forgot cos as usual have too many dramas on hand 😅

You can check Children of the 21st Century if you have yet to watch it. His character is so opposite of this character here . LOL

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQgghixhaoT/?utm_medium=copy_link

Jung No Stop Handsomness lols 

@ktcjdrama@abs-oluteM Turkey Fanmeeting. 

Cannot see wor ? Is there another link? 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2021 at 12:47 AM, abs-oluteM said:

So what is the oppa adoption criteria for you all ? For me it has to be that I like their acting , looks and that I can imagine them in a bed scene or giving us some fan service....

Haha, I think my usual criteria for adoption is (in no particular order):

1. Charisma - I'm really charmed by extra charismatic guys. Honestly, I think it's more important than looks. Actors that are funny, very good at fun trash talking in interviews, build really good rapport with co-stars and fans and are fun off-screen as well as in character really get to me...haha and that is why my favourite Oppas are my favourite Oppas in case you were wondering what Jasper Liu, Lee Jae Wook and Lee Je Hoon have in common :BulbaOWO::hearties:

2. Acting/ Project selection - I prefer if they've done a range of projects, but it helps if they've done a good job in a romance before :wow: I'm a sucker for talent, but also for actors who pick the types of projects I like (ie. Jasper isn't necessarily the strongest actor, but he does generally pick projects I will watch...whereas someone like Song Kang at the moment I have not adopted - despite hearing he is a good actor I haven't been interested in any project he's picked so far :idk: Lee Je Hoon and Lee Jae wook both have talent and pick projects I've liked so far.)

3. Looks - Like everyone here, I have a weakness for good looking men :laugh:

4. Scandal free - No one is perfect, and I don't care about who they date or if they smoke, but it can't be anything unforgivable - violence, abuse, sex rings etc. :niu:

On 6/16/2021 at 12:47 AM, abs-oluteM said:

These boys ....woah...ahahaha I feel like I might :Sin:and be strike by lightning if apply my criteria

Hahahaha...they're like crazy young to be put against your criteria!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

On 6/16/2021 at 1:56 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Oh yes!!!! I also think he has a lot of potential. I hate his Mine character but I actually find him a very nuanced actor and has this charisma to him .I have a history of adopting oppas when they are shady and bad ...ex Lee Joon Hyuk :Ghastlel:

Hahaha looks like you are also into the Bad Boys also :smug:

On 6/16/2021 at 9:22 AM, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha so ok, no wonder I could adopt younger coz the last one doesn't apply to me. :no::Sin:

I think that explains a lot when I compare your adoptions to everyone else :lol:

On 6/16/2021 at 2:11 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoisellefor u...

He's pretty to watch, so do all his stuff inside his bags lols

Is that really CEW's phone case? A bear? It's so cute :heart:

On 6/16/2021 at 5:53 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

He really seems like a nice boy (CEW). He even put back his chair at the end of the show. He also quote some of his father advice. A lot of his stuff is present from fans or staff. And he carry a book with him to read. 

Have you adopted CEW @SilverMoonTea? I liked him back in My ID is Gangnam Beauty. But as an idol he feels more elusive than other celebrities...like he has a polite and detached niceness about him more so than other celebrities since he's so famous and idol scandals could break him  :idk:

On 6/17/2021 at 2:20 AM, Tofu said:

@JenL -- I love that you tier your list! Haha! I don't think I have that for my list but there are some oppas I like more than others. LOL!

My feelings for my Oppas are very organised...there's a hierarchy of tiers they can move up or down on :eeeee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 6/23/2021 at 11:17 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Heyyy it's the guy who always plays a jerk ex- boyfriend every time I pick up a drama with him in it. Kim Ji Suk cameo'd as PBY's jerky ex in Doom at your Service and also he didn't seem like a good ex in When the Camellias Bloom (Not sure if he redeemed himself? I stopped watching for some reason, so I guess I technically dropped the series even though people said it was good :thinking:)

I like his explanations about age and marriage. Very personable and reflective and relatable content :BulbaOWO:

On 6/23/2021 at 7:15 PM, abs-oluteM said:

His female bestie is this actress Yoo In Young - she was in Good Casting ( the one who had the love line with Jun ). I think they would have made a lovely couple...but they both think that moment has passed . LOL

Hahaha that video was so cute. was it a variety show? :wow:

hahaha you're not wrong...bring all your best Oppas to the market :pandatakeit:

But seriously, now I feel like I'm checking out KJS!

On 6/25/2021 at 2:46 AM, Tofu said:

@JenL, your father-in-law is cute. Jasper looks like him. You should have been in the photo too! :SquirtleSquadCool::laugh:

Hahaha oh @Tofu I feel like I should have been here too! They are a cute dad and son pair right? :BulbaOWO: I always wonder what Jasper's sister looks like? It's the only secret family member not yet revealed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Hahaha that video was so cute. was it a variety show

Yes. It was one where they had to brainstorm & write a drama together. There was also another couple who were writing ( Kang Hana & an idol , can’t remember his name .) It was a short drama & it was even filmed . 
https://www.soompi.com/article/1382464wpp/watch-yoo-in-young-kim-ji-suk-one-and-kang-han-ha-start-their-drama-writing-journey-for-variety-show

• Like 2

@SilverMoonTea Are you still watching Bae In Hyuk in that other drama?

@JenL Cha Eun Woo probably ranks the second to Park Bo Gum in the "Good boy image" so both will break dead hard if there's scandal involved. I find them both very well-mannered. They were taught well however I also think when one is overly well-manner it doesn't necessarily mean they respect you but did it more so as to put a distance between you and them. I do respect admire how they were able to control their temper and remain respectful on the surface (like Japanese) because I so wouldn't be able to do it. It'd have been helpful at work. :P

The most important question now is, has the Oppa list be revised and Seo In Guk made it to the Significant Oppa tier. xD

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3