On 7/4/2021 at 10:16 PM, mademoiselle said:

Ok, I'm hoping in July-August I will be adopting Jin Young coz of his role in The Devil Judge.

On 7/5/2021 at 11:43 AM, Tofu said:

I saw a little bit of episode one  (Devilish Judge) and I don't know if I like it...I'll keep watching to see how I like the rest of the episode though. 

Not interested in The Devil Judge but came to tell you your potential oppa is cute :smile: 

Also I feel like @Tofu's reactions to certain dramas is a good warning sign to me since we tend to like similar actors and styles :laugh:

On 7/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, mademoiselle said:

As for Melancholia, I think the student/teacher relationship is in the past per Dramabeans' post. So Do Hyun will already be an adult when they meet again in the present settings. I'm more interested in the description of his character and less on the plot (at this point). I'm also not sure how corruption comes into play.

On 7/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, Tofu said:

Ahh, I see. If that's the case, I'll consider it. I hope it won't be too melancholy given the title. Can we have some lighter dramas for a while? Haha!

This sounds interesting, but potentially heavy (I don't like heavy dramas...or the kinds that take themselves too seriously) :idk: But from the Dramabeans description, the roles sound challenging and I really would love to see LDH in such a different role from his previous likeable characters. Regardless of character though, he's so easy on the eyes :heart::laugh: The plot kind of reminds me of more Western storylines like Notes on a Scandal etc.

On 7/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, mademoiselle said:

Do Hyun has done sageuk - Hotel Del Luna! He was soooo charming in there! At the time of airing, I was quite amused that there are a number of viewers that actually ship him with IU instead of YJG. Hahaha. I mean, it's not even possible given the storyline. Or do you mean a 16 episodes long official sageuk, not a supporting role?

I adopted LDH from Hotel Del Luna :wow: I liked IU with both guys, but if you asked me who was more charming when I watched the show I would definitely tell you LDH :hearties: I lived for his scenes in that drama. 

On 7/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, Tofu said:

I decided I would watch Hot Stove League. Lately, all I've really been doing is catching up on completed dramas I've told myself I would watch. 

Yesss, this is another good series @Tofu ...I just loved the way they solved the team's problems and the acting was so good. JBG and PEB were so adorable in it and NKM was just too cool. :wow:

I've been watching completed dramas too...There's so many things I'm wanting to watch that I missed a few years ago like Signal and Shopping King Louie :heiboi:

On 7/5/2021 at 3:39 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I like YJG too - I have watched a number of his shows but one thing I can confirm is that rom-com is not his thing. He needs to stick to crime or melodrama (e.g The Crowned Clown , Beyond Evil)

I thought he did good in Hotel Del Luna, was that rom com? :thinking:

But yes, he was definitely a strong actor in Beyond Evil. He gave the character a lot of energy and soul.

On 7/5/2021 at 7:22 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha 18 Again is considered light. I didn't know you got your eyes on LDH too. Now you HAVE to complete Sweet Home. He's great in there!

I can't with this boy

HAHA He is such an old man ahjussi trapped in a young good looking Oppa body :laugh::laugh:

On 7/5/2021 at 11:02 PM, mademoiselle said:

Looks guys! Woo Shik has a FM today and his celeb best buddies are invited~ I haven't seen PHS for so long. He's gained weight.

Yeah, PHS's face is a bit rounder! It's been awhile, but he still seems charming. Hopefully he picks a project I like! :heiboi:

On 7/6/2021 at 2:01 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle he's got a good body...even in 18 Again...ahahah but omg @Tofu...look at his new movie...actually very good that he takes on roles like that. I love it when actors can play good and bad

Oh my god. This looks so good. Scary, but good :lettalKWA::BulbaOWO: I am definitely watching this movie. Hopefully Korean Film Festival goes ahead this year and this gets picked and I can watch it there :heart:

• Like 3

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Just now, JenL said:

I thought he did good in Hotel Del Luna, was that rom com? :thinking:

But yes, he was definitely a strong actor in Beyond Evil. He gave the character a lot of energy and soul.

HDL was a ratings hit but really not his best work. It is fantasy romance with some comedy. My favourite work of his is The Crowned Clown and BE. These really showcase his strength as an actor.

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

HDL was a ratings hit but really not his best work. It is fantasy romance with some comedy. My favourite work of his is The Crowned Clown and BE. These really showcase his strength as an actor.

True, I wouldn't say YJG showcased strong acting, more that his character was likeable and probably easy to digest as a whole. He was much more appealing in Beyond Evil and gave his character all the layers needed since he needed to come across as suspicious, paranoid but also straight-laced, truth-seeking and diligent. His chemistry was so good with SHK. They couldn't stop bantering with each other :laugh: Well, he earned his adoption from Beyond Evil for me...before that I didn't really care too much to look into him :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

On 7/11/2021 at 2:11 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

They conman'ed rich & corrupt people and its quite satisfying. I'm not fans of conman & antihero drama, but this one not bad. .

Haha I like the conman and anti-hero dramas...as long as they're not doing it to helpless people (conning old poor grandmas) :laugh:

On 7/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, Tofu said:

I think Chae Jong Hyeop is the closest, but still just eye candy at the moment. 

Chae Jong Hyeop is on the eye candy tier of my Oppa list too. He's so adorable :wow: But I need to seem him in a more main role and see if he brings the feels

I'm not watching Nevertheless and don't intend to - heard it's going to be one of those dramatic they like each other-they don't type of dramas which would kill me...but please ruin the ending for me when it's finished :smile: I wanted to read the webtoon spoilers, but can't find any with English translations. I heard a lot of people were traumatised by it and I'd like to know why!

On 7/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, Tofu said:

He says he is greedy for better roles so it'll only be a matter of time. 

Hahaha "Greedy for better roles" ...What a way to put it  :laugh:

On 7/12/2021 at 2:54 PM, Tofu said:

Speaking of rising actors, I'm much closer to adopting Chae Jong Hyeop now because of this: 

Once a model is good enough for me. I love Ferrero Rocher!! :laugh:

I love that Ferrero Rocher made you decide to adopt CJH  :laugh: Now I'm craving chocolate :pandascared:

On 7/13/2021 at 10:30 PM, mademoiselle said:

Oh my, Oppaya @JenL

Those photos are sooooo hot  :wow::wow::wow: 

He is one Oppa who knows how to work his charm. :BulbaOWO:

On 7/14/2021 at 1:41 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Yes , it is true ....I call them my Team Kims!

My current favourite Kim ...

Haha I think I'm with the Lees - Lee Jae Wook, Lee Je Hoon, Lee Do Hyun, Lee Seung Gi...

But Lee Min Ho and Lee Jong Suk don't speak to me at all, haha :lenny:

I've caught up on Racket boys so I'm thinking of starting Monthly house! That gif is so pretty! :wow:

On 7/14/2021 at 1:28 PM, mademoiselle said:

Yes. Highly recommend. It's a healing drama. It starts off heavy/dark and slow in the beginning and slowly you just get so hooked watching it. It's a slice of life kind of drama and the hardest to-describe-of-the-feelings-it-gives-you kind of drama. I'm give you the challenge on whether you could describe it with words. Hahaha. I remember I quite agreed with Dramabeans' assessment on the drama so you can also check that out.

Ok! I do like healing dramas. If I slog through the first couple of episodes, maybe I'll enjoy it. I think Dramabeans is one of the drama analysis blogs/ communities that I really enjoy because their thoughts and opinions always make sense to me :BulbaOWO:

On 7/14/2021 at 1:28 PM, mademoiselle said:

Was. He's still in my Oppa list butt the love is weak (Runs.....)

Hahaha...well, I'm not sure what he did to offend me so much since he use to be my Oppa a very long time ago too. But now I have a strong aversion. I think I just really don't like the projects he picks. :idk::laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Chocolate Are you in love with Ji Sung now or soon to be in love...? LOL.

@JenL I don't always agree with DB but the assessment on My Ahjussi was on point. I haven't been reading DB anymore. Kinda prefer the OG era, plus why do I need to read bloggers' opinions when I already have Havenites' opinions to read? :eeeee: Not enough time liao~

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha...well, I'm not sure what he did to offend me so much since he use to be my Oppa a very long time ago too. But now I have a strong aversion. I think I just really don't like the projects he picks.

The projects or some unpleasant experience? Hehehe. I like CH and Faith the most - the characters were the best too out of the lot. Now there are just way too many Oppa to be loyal to one.

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Lee Jong Suk don't speak to me at all

Not you too!! Sigh. Maybe one day I guess. A friend of mine didn't like him before but I was surprise that she said she fell for him in W. So it really depends on the role that was played.

15 hours ago, JenL said:

This sounds interesting, but potentially heavy (I don't like heavy dramas...or the kinds that take themselves too seriously) :idk: But from the Dramabeans description, the roles sound challenging and I really would love to see LDH in such a different role from his previous likeable characters. Regardless of character though, he's so easy on the eyes :heart::laugh: The plot kind of reminds me of more Western storylines like Notes on a Scandal etc.

LOL, well then Youth of May is probably not for you. I think @SilverMoonTea would beg to differ. @abs-oluteM and I have been selling hard on LDH and Tea keeps telling us he's not catching her eyes. We shall see that one day... LOL.

15 hours ago, JenL said:

Not interested in The Devil Judge but came to tell you your potential oppa is cute

What element in The Devil Judge is not interesting to you? So far it is very engaging.

As for Yeo Jin Goo, isn't his next drama some sort of romance-comedy?

• Haha 5
On 7/14/2021 at 3:00 PM, Tofu said:

He's had a lot of misses lately. Hwang In Yeop is starring in the same drama as him. It makes me a bit worried, to be honest. Haha!

On 7/14/2021 at 9:44 PM, mademoiselle said:

High-5. I am worried too, LOL. Plus I'm not so sure the plot will be good. I can only hope it'll be like Run On where when I read the plot, I can't tell it's good but when I watch it it was fun.

Me too! Hopefully it has a good script which is why Hwang In Yeop to signed up for it, but there's not much to go by so far. All I know is that it's about magicians which seems to be be the next "in" theme for supernatural/ fantasy dramas. LJW's "Return" is also apparently about magicians and I'm sure there was another drama plot rumour about a series with magicians which I recently read about with unconfirmed actors...Have you guys recalled seeing any?...It's like the theme replacing Grim Reapers, Vampires and Zombies :heiboi:

I did adopt Chae Jong Hyeop. He is the first Korean oppa added to my list this year. 

Good choice for K-Oppa adoption! He is super cute...I'm waiting to see if he will rise on my Oppa Tiers in my heart after The Witch's Diner...which is technically out today?! :Party01:

Jen, when will Simon Lian have another project again? Same with Marcus too. I miss them. :cry:

I know, I know :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: I LOOOOOVE Simon Lian and I thought they'd give him a lead role for sure after he gave so many people really strong SLS in Lost Romance....but then SETTV went with some other newbies and Kingone Wang, who I've never been a big fan of :mine: I hope he gets lead in a new series coming out. 

Since you watch a lot of Chinese dramas, have you seen any Taiwanese ones lately @Tofu? I haven't watched a Taiwanese drama in ages. I'm slowly making my way through an old Jasper drama, but it's from 2013, so it's a bit dated...I'm just watching while doing other things so I can see Jasper. Nothing currently interests me. 

Oh and Marcus! I also like him, but I feel like his dramas/pairings can be a bit of a hit or miss. I really loved him in Back in 1989 and waiting for him to get back into something as good as that. Lost Romance had a good pairing, but I wish the storyline for Marcus and Vivian was stronger....all I got out of that drama was how much I liked Simon Lian :lenny: 

hqJ6a8I.jpg

19 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I think my "love" for this one is gone...

I wonder if we will ever hear this phrase with Hyun Bin...? :thinking::laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I don't always agree with DB but the assessment on My Ahjussi was on point. I haven't been reading DB anymore. Kinda prefer the OG era, plus why do I need to read bloggers' opinions when I already have Havenites' opinions to read? :eeeee: Not enough time liao~

Hahaha, you've probably read more DB's content since you watch far more dramas than me...but of the ones I've read, I've found relatable. I don't know if I always agree, but more that I can see where they're coming from generally...There's other drama bloggers like Koala's Playground who I have very different tastes and ideas to, even when assessing or showing preference to actors/ celebrities. I only wonder there occasionally...but like you, JH has the best opinions to read and I spend more time here :Party02:

The projects or some unpleasant experience?

Hmmm, it's a mixture of: Feeling that LMH is overrated in terms of acting and his project choices have never really made me interested (And on a shallow note, he's objectively good looking, but I just don't feel it)

Projects - I regret watching Personal Taste and ugh, Boys Over Flowers...at the time, BOF got to the teenage me...but I don't think it's aged well in terms of toxic lead male characters. Never been drawn to The Heirs or The King Monarch. Never heard of Faith but it's a combination of medical/ period drama which I'm not too keen on.  I did try to watch City Hunter a few times back in the day and never made it past the first few episodes. But it's ok if he's your Oppa...just not mine, I guess :laugh:

Not you too!! Sigh. Maybe one day I guess. A friend of mine didn't like him before but I was surprise that she said she fell for him in W. So it really depends on the role that was played.

Hehe, we shall see. He's another one like LMH, but I reserve judgement because I've never really seen his series before (not counting things he had minor roles in like Weightlifting Fairy or Secret Garden:smile: Maybe one day he will pick something I like or be paired with a female lead who I always watch - Park Bo Young, Park Eun Bin etc.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea would beg to differ. @abs-oluteM and I have been selling hard on LDH and Tea keeps telling us he's not catching her eyes. We shall see that one day... LOL.

Hahaha, really?!? Wow, but I thought @SilverMoonTea would like him a lot because he's so pretty :shocked: Hahaha, he just needs to do an affair drama with lots of romantic tension :smug: Isn't that what his next project is...an affair drama?

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

What element in The Devil Judge is not interesting to you?

I think I watched a trailer or clip about a bus and some school kids and it looked a bit over dramatic. But...this could also be another Memories of the Alhambra type series where if I actually watched it I'd be into it? :idk: Maybe I'll give it a test and see. But first to watch the series I actually have planned :heiboi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, you've probably read more DB's content since you watch far more dramas than me...but of the ones I've read, I've found relatable. I don't know if I always agree, but more that I can see where they're coming from generally...There's other drama bloggers like Koala's Playground who I have very different tastes and ideas to, even when assessing or showing preference to actors/ celebrities. I only wonder there occasionally...but like you, JH has the best opinions to read and I spend more time here :Party02:

Hmmm, it's a mixture of: Feeling that LMH is overrated in terms of acting and his project choices have never really made me interested (And on a shallow note, he's objectively good looking, but I just don't feel it)

Projects - I regret watching Personal Taste and ugh, Boys Over Flowers...at the time, BOF got to the teenage me...but I don't think it's aged well in terms of toxic lead male characters. Never been drawn to The Heirs or The King Monarch. Never heard of Faith but it's a combination of medical/ period drama which I'm not too keen on.  I did try to watch City Hunter a few times back in the day and never made it past the first few episodes. But it's ok if he's your Oppa...just not mine, I guess :laugh:

Hehe, we shall see. He's another one like LMH, but I reserve judgement because I've never really seen his series before (not counting things he had minor roles in like Weightlifting Fairy or Secret Garden:smile: Maybe one day he will pick something I like or be paired with a female lead who I always watch - Park Bo Young, Park Eun Bin etc.

Hahaha, really?!? Wow, but I thought @SilverMoonTea would like him a lot because he's so pretty :shocked: Hahaha, he just needs to do an affair drama with lots of romantic tension :smug: Isn't that what his next project is...an affair drama?

I think I watched a trailer or clip about a bus and some school kids and it looked a bit over dramatic. But...this could also be another Memories of the Alhambra type series where if I actually watched it I'd be into it? :idk: Maybe I'll give it a test and see. But first to watch the series I actually have planned :heiboi:

I used to read more DB because the OGs were good writer and they know what they're saying. On the contrary, Koala's blog is more gossip oriented than facts. Often her posts instigate fan wars and she doesn't write as well as DBs - which doesn't help with improving my English (at the time).

Spoiler

I don't disagree on LMH being overrated because at times I feel it too however most of this feeling stemmed from his stans' bragging rather than acknowledgement from the media/professionals from the entertainment industry. Objectively, he can act and he is good looking; it's just that he's not at the legendary level where everyone must fawn over him and he's the best out of all other actors. I did not like it when his stans made other actors/actresses look like they are second to him and that only A class actresses is qualified to act alongside him. Some humbleness would be nice.

Do you see Kim Soo Hyun the same way as LMH? I'm asking this is because LMH's fame exploded after The Heirs in early 2013 and KSH's fame also exploded with My Love From the Star at the end of 2013. I am guilty for loving Do Min Joon but now that I look back, the writer writes pretty shallow script. MLFTS was a fun watch and gave me fantastic memory but after watching her next 2 dramas, there's really not much in the storyline and it's the same patterns. There are so many more good writers out there these days that write better stories/characters than Kim Eun Sook and Park Ji Eun.

Ok, honestly, I think you've picked the incorrect dramas to watch. :lmao2: PT, BOF, Heirs were NO for me too. I know you don't like sageuk so of course you wouldn't pick up Faith but Faith was his best role played and the credit goes to the writer, Song Ji Na, because her characterisation was superb. If only writers could write their OTPs the way she wrote it. Did you watch Healer? She wrote Healer. She's retired now. Her son wrote Netflix's Extracurricular. Her mentee wrote Punch and Whisper.

No no, LJS is not overrated. He's actually pretty good at picking scripts with diverse roles and has a knack of turning it into a big hit (except Dr. Stranger - crap show so the rating cannot be trusted). You know, if you liked MotA, you should try out W (same writer). LJS did acted with Park Bo Young in the movie Hot Young Blood. Kim Young Kwang was in there too. If it helps, he was also in No Breathing with Seo In Guk and Nam Da Reum played his young self. LOLLLL.

Ohhhh that scene in The Devil Judge. Don't be misled by that. Ji Sung is an anti-hero in The Devil Judge so I think you'll like it. The acting are really good in here too.

What series are you watching and on the plan?

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLYeah ikr. Jasper never caught my eyes before too. One affair drama and BOOM! But tbh I saw a lot of Lee Do Hyun as younger version of oppa a lot and in Hotel De Luna too. I think safe to say, maybe just won't become my oppa 🤔 

Never say never. :lenny:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

@mademoiselle @JenL From time to time I do read DB especially for the recaps.  Sometimes I wanna drop a drama but still wanna know what happens.  But agree with Madem that the OG writers were better.   What can be nasty is the comments. Sometimes I see very inflammatory ones  -  sometimes I wonder if they are watching the same show I am or if they understand where the drama is headed. So after awhile I decided to stop. 

As I am typing this my mum is watching Another Miss Oh on tv......my Eric Mun feels! So handsome . I hope he comes back with good drama. KJS still so young looking there too. 

@SilverMoonTea never say never la. One day I might see LDH's face on your profile pic! . :lmao2:

Finally I can use this emoticon to great effect !

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

@abs-oluteM :wow: OMG so cute. I'm gonna save some of them! https://tenor.com/users/jiareirda/stickers

tenor.giftenor.gif

I have trouble reading comments. I don't think I can last over 5-10 posts. And DB gets over 100+. Too many to scroll through. For the OG, I'd read the recaps & their comments at the end. But after they left completely, very occasionally I just read the writer's thoughts and doesn't bother with the recaps (why would I when I've seen the dramas myself). Plus they seem to not cover many dramas these days, they don't have recaps for dramas I don't watch but still curious.

My Ahjussi I specifically went to have a look at what the writer thinks and her description of the drama because it was hard for me to describe it so I was curious what she will say.

Hahahaha these ones... :lmao2:

Spoiler

tenor.gif  tenor.gif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I have trouble reading comments. I don't think I can last over 5-10 posts.

Because I have been a moderator since 2017 on Soompi , and now here, I am pretty ok with reading many posts. Actually here I have less work fighting fires since there are none :lmao2:. Happy to have more time writing my drama thoughts and spazzing.  Last year in HPS1 thread , it was hell. The thread moved fast but more than that there was some shipping war going on. I wanted to strangle many people. @SilverMoonTea knows how many behind the scenes messages I had to send just to get people to calm down. I ended up not having time to write or just enjoy the drama. 

Cute gifs! Eh this one remind me of Jae On in Nevertheless...he's so sweet but at the same time hurting her inside.... ahahahaha

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha @abs-oluteM Don't you wish you could do this to all those involved in fan wars?

Hey it's the feather duster you told us about too xD

Bhahaha...yes that would be most handy.  By the way I was shocked to read this 

And apprarently KBS said they didn't agree to it. It was not discussed! What happened? 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

42 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM

Yes I saw that. Maybe it's because he's not ML in there. Wasn't the new drama offer him leading role? Penthouse just got weird again. After all that his character breaks up with the girl he likes for 3 seasons and then went to work for his evil dad. WTH. Lol.

Penthouse writer does not have logic in her shows. I am okay with makjang but her sort of makjang is over the top , doesn't even make a bit of sense. 

By the way @SilverMoonTea , some of your LF shippers ( ex shippers ?  ) so sweet. They come on the MMH ship to show support. I know must be hard for them due to what happened. I think this round I gotten quite invested in this ship. They got so much fun BTS interactions. 

She is constantly smacking him or holding onto him in many BTS vids...cause my oppa is cheeky and teases her mercilessly.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

My other Team Kim - Kim Jae Young will appear in Elle Aug issue. Lost more weight. 

E6bdbQBUcAA5djN?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

@mademoiselle@abs-oluteMomg why u guys abusing the pig 😅😆

Yeah ur new ship quite cute. Ur oppa looks smitten to SM. So many materials. I sometimes go there to see see too 😂

@Tofu LJH become ML! I like him, but his role as stalker in Dinner Mate kinda make me nuts lols. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1479382wpp/lee-ji-hoon-han-chae-young-goo-ja-sung-and-ji-yi-soo-confirmed-to-star-in-new-drama

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

24 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yeah ur new ship quite cute. Ur oppa looks smitten to SM. So many materials. I sometimes go there to see see too 😂

I think it’s both ways ! Haha . He enjoys teasing her & making her laugh . She’s full of skinship with my oppa . :hug:

I like LJH . Cause I hv seen him as a nice guy too . He’s quite versatile. Happy to read he’s got a lead role . 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 7/15/2021 at 7:54 PM, JenL said:

Chae Jong Hyeop is on the eye candy tier of my Oppa list too. He's so adorable :wow: But I need to seem him in a more main role and see if he brings the feels

I'm not watching Nevertheless and don't intend to - heard it's going to be one of those dramatic they like each other-they don't type of dramas which would kill me...but please ruin the ending for me when it's finished :smile: I wanted to read the webtoon spoilers, but can't find any with English translations. I heard a lot of people were traumatised by it and I'd like to know why!

Chae Jong Hyeop's smile is slightly addicting, don't you think? :wow:

680677966603d69148db2c85e56d58efac4a37c0

In Nevertheless, his character appeared last week. I think he'll show up at least once or twice in each episode going forward. It's still unclear if the drama is going to follow in the direction of the webtoon. If it does, Chae Jong Hyeop will end up with Nabi. @bluepebbles summarized most of the webtoon chapters in the drama thread, if you wanted to check it out. Song Kang's character is quite interesting. :laugh:

18 hours ago, JenL said:

Me too! Hopefully it has a good script which is why Hwang In Yeop to signed up for it, but there's not much to go by so far. All I know is that it's about magicians which seems to be be the next "in" theme for supernatural/ fantasy dramas. LJW's "Return" is also apparently about magicians and I'm sure there was another drama plot rumour about a series with magicians which I recently read about with unconfirmed actors...Have you guys recalled seeing any?...It's like the theme replacing Grim Reapers, Vampires and Zombies :heiboi:

Haha, yes! The other drama you're thinking about is with Park Hae Jin. It's called From Now Showtime! Who would have thought that magicians would take over Korean dramaland?! :idk:

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

(except Dr. Stranger - crap show so the rating cannot be trusted)

Every actor has a drama that we pretend never happened. This is Lee Jong Suk's. :laugh:

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

LJH become ML! I like him, but his role as stalker in Dinner Mate kinda make me nuts lols. 

His stalker role in Dinner Mate was insanely disturbing. It's the reason why I have an one-sided hate/love relationship with Lee Ji Hoon. :lol:

@JenL, I know! I absolutely loved Simon in Lost Romance. He was the reason why I kept watching because while the chemistry between Marcus and Vivian was strong, I think really enjoyed Simon and Vivian together too. I'm glad they did that music video after the drama. Also, I was so sad when Simon didn't appear in the last 1/4 of the drama. I wished they brought his character into life in the real world somehow. :letalQQ:

Hahaha! I agreed on what you said about Marcus. Not all of his drama pairings are hits. I think he's doing more of his singing now because most of the updates that I've seen have been music related. 

18 hours ago, JenL said:

Since you watch a lot of Chinese dramas, have you seen any Taiwanese ones lately @Tofu? I haven't watched a Taiwanese drama in ages. I'm slowly making my way through an old Jasper drama, but it's from 2013, so it's a bit dated...I'm just watching while doing other things so I can see Jasper. Nothing currently interests me. 

No, not at all. I haven't seen any that's been of interest to me. Love is Science is the drama that aired after Devil's Punisher but it doesn't look that interesting to me. :idk: I heard that it's been on hiatus for a while (no new episodes airing) because of COVID. 

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

It's actually packed full of fun and thrill this movie.

Yay! That's good to know! I'll watch it tonight before I go to bed or tomorrow afternoon. Maybe before I start my new completed drama. I decided to watch Someday or One Day because @JenL talks about how good it is. I swear I will get to Sweet Home soon. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Tofu Eh?! I thought you had seen Pipeline. I remember you mentioned there's English sub for it that is why I was searching for it and watched it. Luckily I didn't give much away hahaha.

I thought if we had to intro JenL to Song Kang, it'd be a beautiful drama like Navillera or Sweet Home, not Nevertheless. LOL.

• Haha 4

@mademoiselle Not yet! I've been trying to catch up on Voice 4 because I need to prove @SilverMoonTea wrong that I won't drop the drama. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I thought if we had to intro JenL to Song Kang, it'd be a beautiful drama like Navillera or Sweet Home, not Nevertheless. LOL.

Hahaha! Agreed. I don't think I can ever introduce Nevertheless to any potential Song Kang fans unless they are into that type of genre. It'll always be Navillera because I haven't seen Sweet Home. :pandascared:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
20 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Not yet! I've been trying to catch up on Voice 4 because I need to prove @SilverMoonTea wrong that I won't drop the drama. :laugh:

Haha ! Don’t hv to feel so stress .., she’s the master dropper of dramas.  :lmao2:

I rarely drop dramas unless the story goes south. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3