1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL It's better green than what Woo Chan wore.

That one was such a weird combination of colours!!! :poliWeird:

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Can you make a collection? I'm now so interested who else is the victim of this stripy jumper 

I shall compile my findings for show and tell tomorrow evening :smile:

Prepare for lots of stripes!  :MewHi:

• Haha 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL Do you know the brand? I'm curious who the designer is and how sky-high is the price! Thanks for doing the compilations! Hahaha. Looking forward to it. :PikachuFacePalm: Can't believe my RW is one of them too, LOL. These EY boys, what am I to do with them...

For me, I like a cardigan I saw KSH wore back in his Star days and occasionally I still see it being worn.

my_love_from_the_star_kim_soo_hyun_knit_

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
55 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@bairama Wanna adopt Jin Young as Oppa with me? :mine: LOLLL, I think I am many years too late. They are sort of "broken up" now xDDDD

@SilverMoonTea :shocked2: There's not even a single crumb for LJH and KHS! You weirdo! :lmao2:

Don't you think that our @SilverMoonTea has this knack for shipping these forbidden ships ? I agree with @JenL that it is a true talent!!!

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw to spare everyone eyes from looking to SSH non stop here, I have build my own personal shrine for him :smug: @abs-oluteMthis oppa not just a fling. I can feel it in my bones :laugh:

Tell me again in two weeks if you feel the same. What happened to Jung Il Woo? Was he just a fling? 

@bairama @mademoiselle While I cannot call Jin Young  my  oppa,  as he is a bit too cute and small  for my oppa requirements, I really like him as an actor. The Devil Judge is my 3rd Jin Young drama. He's good. 

• Haha 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't know anything about GOT7.

I don't know anything about the actual idol group, but I do know two members -- Jinyoung and Jackson. I know Jinyoung more as an actor than an idol. For Jackson, I know him more as an entertainer than idol. Jackson was in Street Dance in China last season. Lynne is supposed to make a season 4 thread once it comes out so we can talk about it. Well, more like so Lyn and I can talk about Wang YiBo. :laugh:

Ok, I think I might have to adopt Greg Hsu this month because he is just way too cute! :heart:

9Oqn3K.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b761127a1eba38444beddce

That is three adoption in one month. July is turning out to be a very busy month for me. :scaredpanda2:

35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

For me, I like a cardigan I saw KSH wore back in his Star days and occasionally I still see it being worn.

Thom Browne is everywhere whenever someone needs to wear anything that's formal. LOL!

• Haha 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 7/23/2021 at 11:51 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I like Secret Love the most, borderline makjang but somehow I finish it. I think @abs-oluteMmight like this. Recommended.

I'm watching this with a lot of fast forward. The FL went to jail for the idiot boyfriend, gave birth and the baby stays in jail with her? 😱

Can you just tell me the ending? 🙏

Edit: Oh it's getting interesting. He's obsessed with her but doesn't know the real reason 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 7
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Hahaha! I'm glad you're also about minimizing the amount of time you spend watching a drama too. This weekend, I bugged @JenL to tell me the ending for Someday or One Day. I needed to know if it'll be a good or bad ending. LOL! 

• Haha 7
7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Spoiler

Happy ending. Alrd forgot the details tho. Lols. 

I actually feels this one is better than KMHM. Yes I remember he's obsessed with her and always following her. At first because he think she kill his fiancee, later on cos he's in love with her. I think this is Jisung's masterpiece. 

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I'm watching this with a lot of fast forward. The FL went to jail for the idiot boyfriend, gave birth and the baby stays in jail with her? 😱

@abs-oluteMI really think u will like this makjang melodrama story haha... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Jung Il Who?  Hahahaa...  Yeah almost forgot him already. Don't think its a fling but not that serious either haha, since I never build him a shrine! 

How do you forget about him when he's on the signature you have? :lmao2:

@JenL They are smile goals. :wow:

13e93d7cb744987ee82db60058c0eff47b00c021

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMI really think u will like this makjang melodrama story haha... 

The drama is surprisingly addictive. I started last night and now at episode 10 - at the expense of work 😭 Thanks for the recommendation @SilverMoonTea

Spoilers

Spoiler

Idiot boyfriend

He is really an a**h***. The FL sacrificed for him and went to jail, had their son who died. Ji Sung offered him promotion to stop her from parole and he did it! They broke off when she was out of prison and she still continued to protect him. Now he is embarassed by her and worried the cover up will be exposed, disrupts her job/life. He says to her "everytime you stand in front of me, you make me sick" 😤 And he likely killed her father because he knew the secret!

Long suffering fiancee (of Ji Sung)

She is a daughter of a politician. They are friends but forced by their fathers to marry for business reasons. It is supposed to be a commercial transaction but she really loves Ji Sung and does things to to try to get his attention. She is not evil but she is misguided and works together with the idiot boyfriend (who likes her but I am not sure if it is genuine or because she is rich/has status) to try to make Ji Sung jealous.

Female Lead

Wow, her life is sad. It's good to see her finally discovering the ex-boyfriends evil doings. To think she wasted years for a scumbag. She's the same actress in KMHM but much better here.

Ji Sung

As usual, he has presence 🥰. It's nice to even just watch him walk into a room 😂 He is forced to marry because he is dependent on his father. Since he thought she killed his girlfriend and unborn child, he is really quite cruel to the FL at the beginning. As he obsessed about her, it's quite cute to see his antics. As he gets to know her, he becomes suspicious if she is really the hit and run driver. Thus, he starts investigating.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@ChocolateYes the story is the junk, tears inducing format to create unnecessary makjang 😂. You want to scream, "Girl why you do that? ". 

And yes its much better performance of HJE and she looks prettier and more natural than in KMHM. 

Ji Sung is the driving force to watch this drama. He has so much charisma, that endearing me to watch makjang lols ( I occasionally consume this genre, if the ML is attractive enough ). I really like his borderline stalkerish move, I remember he follow her everywhere haha... 

And sorry about your abandoned work 😅 It's already finished drama, why you're so rushing 😆 (say someone who gulped 16 eps My Princess in few days, slap myself too, I didn't accomplished anything worthy irl in expense of it bwahaha....)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

My goodness. Secret Love's plot is similar to the junk Chinese romance novels I used to read!

I really hate the bit of the FL why she has to be so pathetic or sad x infinity. Doesn't it make you angry watching her being cheated & abused?

I don't know its a bit addictive, sometimes its nice to see how Ji Sung's character being protective of her. But yeah sometimes you just feel like want to pull your hair for her naivety. 

Heard this drama get adopted into Thai version and in other countries too @mademoiselle

• Haha 4
  • Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I really like his borderline stalkerish move, I remember he follow her everywhere haha... 

And sorry about your abandoned work 😅 It's already finished drama, why you're so rushing 😆 (say someone who gulped 16 eps My Princess in few days, slap myself too, I didn't accomplished anything worthy irl in expense of it bwahaha....)

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

My goodness. Secret Love's plot is similar to the junk Chinese romance novels I used to read!

I really hate the bit of the FL why she has to be so pathetic or sad x infinity. Doesn't it make you angry watching her being cheated & abused?

Yes! It's a bit like old fashioned love story, but needs decent actors to carry it off. He misses her and keeps poking at her to get her attention, he chases after her but when she may see him, he hides hahahah. It's addictive - I can't do anything else until I finish the last episode 😂

She is pathetic at the beginning. Similar to those stories where girls work multiple jobs and support their boyfriends through school, then get dumped after they graduate, have a good job and meet a girl of their level. I fast forwarded through all of it at the beginning. But Episode 12 onwards, she gets backbone and now plotting his downfall hehehe.

Considering this is a 2013 drama, it's quite a decent watch. Both leads don't look like they have aged at all.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
48 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Unlike me. I am steadfast.

*cough* BS *cough*

She is pathetic at the beginning. Similar to those stories where girls work multiple jobs and support their boyfriends through school, then get dumped after they graduate, have a good job and meet a girl of their level. I fast forwarded through all of it at the beginning. But Episode 12 onwards, she gets backbone and now plotting his downfall hehehe.

The thing is before the good stuff comes, the viewers have to endure the crying, betrays etc. which is what de-motivate and drive me away from wanting to start coz it can get depressing, especially this one where it involves her losing her son isn't it? So it's like extra EXTRA angsty which I know Korean loves but I don't. LOL.

12 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha! I'm glad you're also about minimizing the amount of time you spend watching a drama too. This weekend, I bugged @JenL to tell me the ending for Someday or One Day. I needed to know if it'll be a good or bad ending. LOL! 

Hahahahaha I went to Wikipedia and read the spoilers! Whoever edited it even put in a chart for the timelines :lmao2: (in Chinese version).

• Haha 5
17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Do you know the brand? I'm curious who the designer is and how sky-high is the price! Thanks for doing the compilations! Hahaha. Looking forward to it. :PikachuFacePalm: Can't believe my RW is one of them too, LOL. These EY boys, what am I to do with them...

Hello Everyone

Welcome to my talk about the Stripy jumper Conspiracy. It feels like I completed a school assignment today so I will present like a school assignment. Here are my findings :MewHi:

The over-worn Stripy jumper belongs to a Korean brand called 'Trunk Project'. The pattern is called 'Angora stripe knit sweater'...This jumper costs $325.71 AUD (currently on discount for $269.96 AUD) :shocked2: Not sure what that is USD, but over $100 USD at least.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trunkproject_official/

webpage for jumper: https://us.wconcept.com/angora-stripe-knit-sweater-purple-451421065.html

The reason the jumper is still around is because it seems to be a design they've decided to keep, but change the colour of, every season...so it appears time and time and time again :laugh:

Look at the many variations:

Yc6Mhy3.png

As we all know, many Korean celebrities have worn this jumper either as a character or because it was their own fashion choice. I went down a stripy rabbit hole today and found more and more wearers :lettalKWA: I know a number of these are Kpop guys - might need @Tofu to help explain which bands they are from. I only know the actors. This picture is big but not sure why it's displaying a small pic, might need to click to see big version: 

pHzpwPh.png

Also while it seems to be more popular among the Korean male celebrity population, females are not excluded. Here is Taeyeon wearing the bumblebee one: 

xLadwnA.jpg

In conclusion, maybe it's not just all the Oppas who have this jumper, but maybe every Korean :lettalKWA: The End :laugh:

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Don't you think that our @SilverMoonTea has this knack for shipping these forbidden ships ? I agree with @JenL that it is a true talent!!!

Hahaha, that's our Tea. So talented at finding chemistry from thin air! :lenny:

17 hours ago, Tofu said:

Ok, I think I might have to adopt Greg Hsu this month because he is just way too cute! :heart:

Yayyyy!!! So glad you've adopted Greg Hsu. He's so beautiful :wow: 

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

My oppa Lee Joon Hyuk :hug:

Hahaha Thanks for contributing to my jumper research :laugh:

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha Hope you are still watching :pandacop: But should be since I was still very vague :smile:

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Jung Il Who? :thinking: Hahahaa... 

Whoaaa....so cold, so cold... :laugh: This Oppa not even from that long ago! 

@SilverMoonTea You've got a... reputation

Unlike me. I am steadfast.

Hahaha it's always the self-proclaimed loyal ones that have a black book for Oppas hidden somewhere :lenny:

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu @abs-oluteM @JenL someone needs to do a mesh-up of 18 Again and this hahahahaha

img.gif

I can see how hilarious it would be with Lee Do Hyun yelling, "Mwo? I'm not her first love!!"

-------------

@JenL Thank you for collating the stripy jumper photos!

I declare Rowoon looks the BEST in that stripy jumper. Or it's just the best screenshot out of the lot or my biases talking, bwahahahahahahaha. I think blue/black is not too bad. I'm surprised there's no red/black. I think the dark green, blue and red would be the best combination with the black stripes.

BLOODY EXPENSIVE though. Hmm... Angora is fur from rabbits! :pandascared: I did not know we wear rabbit furs too!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @abs-oluteM @JenL someone needs to do a mesh-up of 18 Again and this hahahahaha

I can see how hilarious it would be with Lee Do Hyun yelling, "Mwo? I'm not her first love!!"

Hahaha she lied. 'Appa' was just disguise word. First love was actually Gil Yong :laugh:

@JenL Thank you for collating the stripy jumper photos!

This is the sort of project I take on when working from home :smug:...but somehow I still fixed many work problems while collaging my stripy jumper photos. 

I found out today that I am a productive multi-tasker  :smile:

I declare Rowoon looks the BEST in that stripy jumper. Or it's just the best screenshot out of the lot or my biases talking, bwahahahahahahaha.

Hahaha, you and your bias! :lenny:  Rowoon's picture is blurry coz all the screenshots from videos were slightly blurry...the only really clear ones were Kang Tae Oh and Lee Joon Hyuk since they seem like stills. 

In my opinion, the least offensive wearers are either Jang Ga Ram / Jeong Yun Ho (you all thought I'd say Lee Jae Wook right? :lenny:). I think because the Orange and blue jumpers seem less bright...or maybe the wearers are in matching looking backgrounds? The others just scream out weird bright colours to me. 

Rowoon looks like a caterpillar to me :Sherlockapie: But an attractive caterpillar...just like Lee Jae Wook is attractive bumblebee :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think the dark green, blue and red would be the best combination with the black stripes.

I agree. The red and purple one is the most offensive combination :PikaWutS:

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLThat stripy jumper project. I was trying to find one for SSH. But googling stripy word can be dangerous, cos it can become stripped (literally) instead 🤣. And you know SSH got R rated movie lols 🙈 

Hahaha, Did you make a Freudian typo - your mind was thinking of stripping instead of stripy? You say Google changed it, but I don't know if I believe you :smile:

• Haha 4