32 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i use to think he age nicely, however recently seeing him....im seeing 'botox' all over his feature ><"

Really? I've been watching his recent movies and thought he still looks ok. A bit stretched but I thought because he is so healthy and lean. He is 60 already. Love him too 😍 One of the most determined and hardworking actors.

Louis Koo, sadly, his face is so distorted from aesthetic/cosmetic treatment. And he started so early when he didn't need it. Do any of you like him?

• Like 6

@Chocolate I can't remember the last time I watched anything from Louis Koo but agreed that you can really see all the cosmetic works he's done. 

@abs-oluteM Yes, he has definitely lost a lot of weight! Maybe all the angst in his upcoming drama is making him lose is appetite? To busy being sad? LOL!! I hope he gains a few pounds. 

Hahaha, botox! I think at a certain age, celebrities get lots of work done that I can't recognize them much anymore. 

2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

though i think Takeshi still looks the best hahaha

Yes! I can't believe @JenL didn't know him. :cry:

Lee Do Hyun is the youngest looking ahjussi oppa, right?! :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Louis Koo

When he first started acting

cast_add_2_78875.jpg?w=1110&ssl=1

Then as he got famous (I think a fortune teller told him he needs to be tan to prosper; anyway he does look better tanned)

louis-koo-photo_10834_29619.jpg

Spoiler

Then he started to touch his face. It was mild at first but you could see the difference.

70223_v9_ba.jpg

1217893.jpeg

nwy_louis_koo_180619_39_2x.jpg

Now

af_louis_2804.jpg?itok=p1V61gA8&timestamp=1619598430

😭 Such a waste. But it seems he is a good guy, still working hard and doing charity work.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Then as he got famous (I think a fortune teller told him he needs to be tan to prosper; anyway he does look better tanned)

yes....i think a director told him that too....cause his white skin will only fit him into some soft guy look and he will not be able to play a variety of roles....so he decided to go for the tan look which really work well for him.....

i heard when he did charity work, he did it in his original name and no one actually link it to him till later.....

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea @NiteWalker I'm so out of the China-HK-TW entertainment. Is Takeshi still acting? Did he also went to China like everybody else?

@SilverMoonTea I can't remember what was the last I saw from him too but I'm pretty sure it is more than 10 years ago. I remembered I saw Hero. I know he did House of Flying Daggers with Zhang Ziyi and Red Cliff later - watched neither of these. I should check and see if NF has it. The thing with historical C-movies/dramas is that I don't like the Wuxia part of things. I grew up watching them but I grew out of it.

@JenL Some time in the 90s, the media crowned HK with 4 (big) kings (四大天王) - Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung, Leon Lai and Aaron Kwok. Taiwan has the 4 (small) kings (四小天王) - Nicky Wu, Jimmy Lin, Takeshi Kaneshiro & Alec Su. :heiboi:

@Chocolate The first two photos were acceptable but the rest in the spoiler were :GrimChamp:. And I do remember me used to think he and Takeshi were alike. You just confirm my belief of continuing with my journey of adopting younger Oppa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
7 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea @NiteWalker I'm so out of the China-HK-TW entertainment. Is Takeshi still acting? Did he also went to China like everybody else?

i only remember his last film with Zhou DongYu in China for 'This is Not What I Expected' and he hasnt been in any film for now....though he is expected to appear in some film again....no release dates as for now..

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think K oppa aging better (SSH bias).

True. Maybe because Koreans are more aware that their beauties are their assets. :lmao2: Also most Ahjussi Oppa still have lots of hair (although can tell they have receding hairline). It makes me wonder what's their secret. Did they have hair transplant or wear wig to hide hair thinning/baldness.

• Haha 6

@abs-oluteM Finally saw a clip of this on YT. The hairclip :lmao2:

I don't know why but I always thought he's married! What is it with men using so much force when rubbing their faces dry or applying moisturiser? It's too rough! His kitchen is so small. I'd die from running out of storage space. He must have to live like a minimalist or Marie Kondo out his belongings quite often to remain neat and tidy. If not, I'm just going to take it as he tidy up the house before the camera crew comes. LOL.

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

He must have to live like a minimalist or Marie Kondo out his belongings quite often to remain neat and tidy. If not, I'm just going to take it as he tidy up the house before the camera crew comes. LOL.

He seems to be quite the minimalist and the neat freak. He organises and cleans immediately. Also he rents a car when he needs to as he doesn't see the need to own one and prefers to use his bike when going nearby.

I like KJS house and kitchen. Warm but clean lines

Like always, I will have withdrawals when his drama ends.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

12 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea Your love for SSH is taking me by surprised. Have you watched all his dramas at this point?! :laugh:

Yes lol almost all this drama after 2011 I have watched it. Except Saimdang. He really looks like uncle with that excessive beards. But who knows maybe I'll be desperate enough to touch it. 

13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea 

Did you know that SSH is a hyung to my ahjussi love, Gong Yoo? :lmao2:

Oh really? I think he have plenty of friends in showbiz, since his career been very long almost 23 yrs. His bf is So Ji Sub. He claimed he's introvert tho. 

• Like 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I recommend Ji Sung. Such an awesome actor and might be a good man in real life. He dated his wife for seven years before getting married. Both are in the entertainment business and take turns filming and are out of the limelight and protect their daughter from that life .

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

58 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Hahaha. So is the show any good - is the mystery thrilling? I didn't continue after ep1.

It's quite good. Decent.

It'll take a bit longer to get into for some people but definitely can say I wasn't bored or feel sleepy when watching. The mystery is still a mystery and it got its moment of tension. It's more focus on development of the OTP and people around them at the moment. However the second lead remains very interesting. Not sure if it is a drama I will recommend yet. Need to see how it ends.

Edited by mademoiselle
Correcting my horrendous grammar mistakes!
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
20 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Hahaha. So is the show any good - is the mystery thrilling? I didn't continue after ep1.

It's good. I continued watching and loving it. Mystery is not shown too much but thrilling enough for the bit it's shown. I wish there is more, but the genre seems to be heavier on healing journey for the characters.  

33 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

:Party02: I have adopted another Oppa. Please to present my newly acquired Oppa. :Party01:

Name: Kim Dong Wook

Reason for adoption: Charmed by his dancing, hahahahahaha! @ktcjdrama

Co-adopting with @mademoiselle :yayaya:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love