Yay! Finally finished Signal :CharmanderYay: I enjoyed it - it had good twists (ie. ending on events where you're like how will the main characters come back from this happening?!), a good on-going plot as well as episodic stories. I came for Lee Je Hoon, but I really liked Detective Lee Jae Han's character :heart: If only everyone had that sense of morality and doing things because they're the right thing to do not because of money or pride or fear. Only ever seen Cho Jin Woong in films (Spy Gone North, Me and Me) but he was good in this. Could be my new favourite ahjussi :heart:

Lee Je Hoon's character was also cool the way he worked out everything so quickly. The funny thing is although I didn't ship LJH and KHS, I could see why @SilverMoonTea might have shipped them - they had A LOT of really high tension close face-to-face scenes (like a few centimetres away, fiery glaring at each other). I suppose this is the chemistry that hooked her :laugh:

Like every other series, I did have a few hang ups - mainly the logic of the time travel/ time plane side of the story. I think it was mostly fool-proof until the last couple of episodes where LJH's character woke up into the 'changed' future, but still remembered the alternate past (ie. the past he originally came from with unhappy family). To suspend disbelief and follow time travel/ alteration logic, it doesn't make sense that he would suddenly wake up smack bang into a new 'alternate' life and still remember a life he hadn't lived if the past had changed and therefore, changed the future (ie. he would have had to grow up in the new future timeline and his old life would not have existed, except on another time plane). The merging of times was a bit plothole-y in my opinion.

Also found past girly Cha Soo-Hyun (KHS's character) a bit annoying...she just seemed so doe-eyed and clingy all the time to Lee Jae Han that it was a bit grating to watch. But her hard-ass future self was great :smile: Wish they had shown the characters all meeting in the end, but at least it was a happy ending for Lee Jae Han. All in all a good watch! Thanks for listening to my thoughts 5 years too late...At least I have seen it now! :idk:

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenLYeah when he visited her at her house also kind of funny (Signal). And aren't the ending they driving together in the end (open ending)?

Signal is one of the most thrilling crime K drama ever been made. The plastic bag murder is the most embedded in my mind ever. Voice 1 also gruesome, but I think this one still better on the scary side. 

I hope more crime K dramas in the future can be as good as this. Btw I'm dramaless now lols. I just finished clearing all my backlog dramas -_-. Should I try Ji Jin Hee makjang drama lols....

• Like 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The plastic bag murder is the most embedded in my mind ever.

This one indeed was disturbing, even Cho Jin Woong himself felt so disturbed about it (I read) he didn't want to do Signal 2 after that. I think it's because it was filmed from the perspective of Soo Hyun that made us feel like we're the one being abducted. I always feel depressed / down whenever I watch Law & Order: SVU, some case(s) from Signal and Ten gave me the same feeling. Although Signal is more thrilling and anticipating to watch than Ten or L&O due to its fantasy element.

@JenL Glad you decided to check out this masterpiece. What's next on the watch list? We'll have plenty of time since lockdown might extend.

---

Ahjussi Oppa Got Style :eeeee:

3c8c069f7892f9c88db9c189f4ed52d12d9be8f5

bf25c3c6665db9689a8f5dd26f6db93f4707a6a2

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 8/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, mademoiselle said:

You know, on top of Oppa Tracker, you should do a Drama Tracker too. Dramas that Tea completed (without FF). @Tofu should join you. 

Hahaha! Let's not do that because I cannot guarantee anything. :laugh: I think on average with every Chinese dramas I've finished this year, I've FF at least once (some way more than others). I definitely FF less with Korean dramas. I don't think I FF for Hot Stove League and if I did, it was probably once. I was dedicated to that one. :heart: I also did not FF for Someday or One Day (although, I'm not done with it yet). 

@JenL Yay! I'm glad you finished Signal and loved it! It's one of my favorite Korean dramas. What's next on your list? By the way, the drama with Patrick is good but sooo much sadness towards the end. I was not expecting that when I started watching it but now that I started, I had to see it through. I cried watching Patrick's crying scene because they were so painful -- his desperation to save his love ones, you can feel that. I think the downside to this is that because of the dubbing, sometimes it does take you out of the story. I wished they kept his real voice because the connection to the viewers would be stronger. Two kind of tragic dramas for Patrick, I hope he does a happier one next. :yoongibtspls: Kind of random, but Patrick has a lot of facial hair. :laugh:

9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Wah I'm scared to check the price... :lenny:

Must not come cheap lols. 

The price of that one. :lmao2:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you watch using your phone or laptop?

I don't usually FF because I like playing the drama on my desktop and then lie down. So it sort of prevent me from FF-ing (unless I have the mouse near me). 

It varies. I alternate between my laptop, TV, and iPad. I probably use my iPad the most because I tend to have the most time to watch towards the evening, before bed. I also use a laptop a lot at work so I try not to use it that much when I get home. 

Chaebol badges can only be afford by @SilverMoonTea:laugh:

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea @Tofu The chaebol badges are getting more and more expensive. Last SSH's was 500 points and this one is 1000 points! :PsyWhat: Only you can afford, Tea.

Well....what is a 1000 points to @SilverMoonTea? She has people working hard on many threads for her ? We are 69 pages here alone. Each post we make here , gives her 1 point. The few of us have easily help her surpass the 1000 points:eeeee:

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Well....what is a 1000 points to @SilverMoonTea? She has people working hard on many threads for her ? We are 69 pages here alone. Each post we make here , gives her 1 point. The few of us have easily help her surpass the 1000 points:eeeee:

OMG, so so so true. You and Tea are Chaebol - Dabang is also another thread :pandatakeit: but Tea has more because of her shipper threads

• Haha 5

Old article from 2019 but goodies. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1343335wpp/ahjussi-crushes-15-handsome-actors-we-cant-believe-are-around-40

Hyun Bin

The maknae of this list, Hyun Bin, turns 37 on September 25th. Here he is slowly blinking at you until you agree to marry him.

Spoiler

Don't think he even need to blink @Chocolatefor sure will agree to marry him 🤣

I'm tempted a bit too. He looks gorgeous here.

hyun-bin-1.gif

captainjoongki

Ji Sung

Peter Pan Ji Sung turned 42 on February 27th. He thinks you look even more beautiful when you get caught in the rain.

Song Seung Heon

Song Seung Heon will be 43 on October 5th. You just caught him researching ideas for your next date.

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Old article from 2019 but goodies. 

THE OG :pandacool: :Ghastlel:

45 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Then see what Crocodile did to him 😭 We need Lacoste!

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA 

6 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I ran through the article and these "ahjussi crushes" hits differently than the young ones nowadays. 

Gong Yoo. :wow:

don't trigger meeeeeeeeeeee

EvTB72OVkAMIs6f.jpg

FB_IMG_1616069199790.jpg

@Tofu TOFU! OMG YU TU! I'M CLOSE TO CRAZY!!! BYE

• Haha 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

@SilverMoonTea Right! He's perfect as he is. Then see what Crocodile did to him 😭 We need Lacoste!

He looks like he was over-PS! :PsyWhat:

@SilverMoonTea That post is just you trying to find a reason to post more SSH.

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@TofuI think I need to go rehab. I haven't recover from him :pandasadspoon: I can't limit myself to one oppa like this... The world so wide. Any solution?

The solution is time will tell how much longer you'll love him. :lmao2: The fever will come down soonish. Did you complete rubbish drama?

• Haha 5

@Chocolate look what appear on my weibo!

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4668390057640010

@SilverMoonTea LOL, when there's love there's will 🤣 Like you right now!

Edit: how many actors/actresses can you guys recognise from that clip? I know all the girls. Han Ye Seul's acting was shocking. The guys only HB and JGS. 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1