Oh I didn't know there was this culture where you buy cake for yourself it is your oppa's birthday @JenL @SilverMoonTea...wahhh that means Tea will be eating cake every other day . Oh but wait she drops them. @mademoiselle will have many cakes to buy.

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

LOL @abs-oluteM @Tofu @SilverMoonTea @bairama @movingwheel

17 notifs on Twitter! Last night chatting here and simultaneously you guys were also chatting on Twitter :laugh:

I've watched 3 episodes of YAMG. Why did they dub Yang Yang's voice? His real voice isn't that bad and he speaks fluently and accurate Mandarin and no strong accent. Although the dubbed voice being deeper is also nice. BTW there was a scene in E3 where when Yu Tu agreed to go to Jing Jing's house and Jing Jing got up to get ready, the music completely took over the character exchanging dialogues. Is it because the production used a BGM they didn't have copyright so they had to censor it?

Three episodes in I think it is more promising than that Kitchen drama I tried last time. :smile:

• Haha 4
  • Shocked 1
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

17 notifs on Twitter! Last night chatting here and simultaneously you guys were also chatting on Twitter :laugh:

ahahahaah....IKR we are clearly hard core. I was thinking the same that I was having two different conversations with almost the same group of people at the same time. 

And at the same time @bairama and I were also testing out new icons and banners that she has made for our twitter handle! :wow2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh I didn't know there was this culture where you buy cake for yourself it is your oppa's birthday @JenL @SilverMoonTea...wahhh that means Tea will be eating cake every other day . Oh but wait she drops them. @mademoiselle will have many cakes to buy.

Hahaha it's just my tradition :laugh: Only for main Oppas when I'm not in lockdown :yayaya:

If for all tiers of Oppas, I would eat toooo much cake :shocked:

17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

It was still going when I slept at like 2:30am :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I don't think they dubbed his voice. I'm pretty sure Yang Yang's voice is usually that low.

I was going to say (if it was dubbed) they dub the voices of actual Chinese stars?! :shocked2: I thought it was just coz the Taiwanese accent is a bit different. I didn't think they did it to mainlanders??

• Haha 3

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

42 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Why did they dub Yang Yang's voice?

IS IT???! I didn't know that :Mimed: LOL

35 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I don't think they dubbed his voice. I'm pretty sure Yang Yang's voice is usually that low

oh thank God.. I almost feel a bad oppa adopter if it is LOL bcs I collect clips along the way I'm pretty sure it is his voice(?)

42 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

17 notifs on Twitter! Last night chatting here and simultaneously you guys were also chatting on Twitter

23 minutes ago, JenL said:

It was still going when I slept at like 2:30am :laugh:

basically it was like moving the thread to Twitter :laugh: 

@abs-oluteM it was very multi-task night.. :smile:  LOL

• Haha 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Hahaha I actually went food shopping on Rowoon's birthday and checked the cake section xDDD. Didn't see anything appetising so decided not to do it. Plus, I've too many Oppa - will look like Baymax if I do it for even the ones I like more now.

33 minutes ago, bairama said:

oh thank God.. I almost feel a bad oppa adopter if it is LOL bcs I collect clips along the way I'm pretty sure it is his voice(?)

Bahahaha, does it matter if it is dubbed? xDDDD

49 minutes ago, JenL said:

I was going to say (if it was dubbed) they dub the voices of actual Chinese stars?! :shocked2: I thought it was just coz the Taiwanese accent is a bit different. I didn't think they did it to mainlanders??

Because China is one big country with many ethinicities and even pure Chinese themselves have different accents so I think they needed to unify it in the drama. Wang Yibo himself confirmed it when he told Jackson to try acting, and Jackson said he can't even speak well* so he hasn't thought about challenging acting in Street Dance of China. And Yibo told him to do historical drama, then the voice will be dubbed.

*Jackson is multilingual but easily get tongue tied and more fluent in English than Mandarin.

I'm not sure now because I'm not familiar with YY's original voice. I compared it to his speech/tone in Happy Camp and it sounded different to me. However, I do know that during acting, the actor can modulate their voice like @movingwheel said. LMH did that too when he did TKEM.

I do notice that the sound of the dialogues doesn't sound like original sound when they filmed on set. As in, even though it may be their own voice but they still dubbed it over. How about you lend us your ears too?

Ah guys, outside of filming, YY has Beijing accent if I'm not mistaken. His tongue rolling is very prominent. However I'm not hearing this in the actual drama.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I actually went food shopping on Rowoon's birthday and checked the cake section xDDD. Didn't see anything appetising so decided not to do it. Plus, I've too many Oppa - will look like Baymax if I do it for even the ones I like more now.

:Ghastlel: but I applaud you really checked the cake section just for oppa!

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Bahahaha, does it matter if it is dubbed? xDDDD

it issss bcs I like his talking voice? LOL

oooh I can't really comprehend yet about this-that accent. I'm just busy banging my head saying oh God while collecting the clips of his face from the drama :MewGiggle: so I will just read and learn one-two from these talks about accents :Ghastlel:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

8 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Okay guess who's the new oppa that make my heart skip a beat today? 😁 @JenLmight know the answer. It's a bit unexpected and I felt a bit guilty, the oppa is underage. Bwahahhaa....

Nam Da Reum?! :lettalKWA::laugh: ....so that's why you started Superior Shaman Doo Ga Shim :lenny:

• Haha 5

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenL@TofuBy ep 2, he suddenly hugged her. Its kind of surprised and NDR so good at it. I guess this kind of hug is the hug without consent lols... but like @Chocolatesaid sometimes asked for consent first will ruin the moment lols. 

Nah it's fine if you watch on, Ga Doo Shim is definitely not repulsed and in fact likes it for a very funny reason :laugh:

@SilverMoonTea @Chocolate Consent can be portrayed in many ways. People seem to have this black and white idea about asking. In film/ TV stories, I don't think that's the sole meaning. I think you can judge consent as: If it's a surprise action -> is the person going to be mad/ feel violated/ get upset and if they were mad, would the person doing the action respect their wishes and stop? Also is there a huge power imbalance, ie. if the girl really tries to leave/ is upset, is she being pulled back in and told her feelings are wrong? :MewHi:

I generally don't feel in stories that there needs to be a whole big scene made about stopping to ask if romance is ok because it might not make sense in the flow of events...but the reason I didn't feel comfortable about that Secret drama scene (and other similar dramas/ anime/ manga) is that it just looks violent and it's stupid in that it doesn't make sense when you think of how people actually act!!!:niu: If the girl likes it, then it should be portrayed like she likes it. It's weird that traditional dramas and manga portray girls/ women as being so 'pure' they would try to stop every romantic action - I don't think I know a single girl who would violently hit a guy or try to escape if she's having a good time...do you? But in those types of scenes, since she's trying to pull away or screaming the whole time, it doesn't  look like light-hearted teasing or mere shock (if they're shocked and actually liked the person, won't they just keep going since it's a handsome Oppa?:smug:). When the girl doesn't stop protesting throughout the scene, it's acting against her will (even if the story implies it's going to be otherwise in the future) and if the guy doesn't stop at this point that definitely doesn't look like 'consent' or respect. In the very least, it looks selfish that he's having a good time and she's not (I mean what if he has bad breath?! or a really terrible kisser? ). :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2:

I think this is what most people mean when they want to see consent in romance, not necessarily that there needs to be a big asking scene, just that two people need to be comfortable and reasonably ok with being romantic (bickering is ok, violent force not ok) and there's not this huge power imbalance with someone being forced into something ( the 'asking' thing is maybe more of a thing maybe those with really strong beliefs). The rest of us just want to see two characters enjoy. :idk:

Haha, sorry that was long, but I guess I feel strongly about it because I had a Korean lesson recently and my teacher was a bit emotional because she was talking about some abuses of women in Korea and it was really sad. It's not that I think guys will watch dramas and copy behaviour...it's just that this sort of behaviour gets normalised through things like media and goes into culture which influences people's actions and judgements (judges, teachers, mothers of abusers etc), even if it's just subconsciously...so I just think media needs to be a bit more careful with what sort of scenes they show off as acceptable and 'romantic.' Thanks for listening to my TED talk :MewHi::MewHi::MewHi:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Bwahahahahahaha from SSH (44) to Nam Da Reum (19)?! :lmao2:@SilverMoonTea You are a very good student. Now when will @abs-oluteM join us? :lmao2:

@Tofu is correct. I've adopted Nam Da Reum a few years back.

But the youngest is now Tang Joon Sang at 18. There may be two younger ones coming up (now this is because I see bright future in acting for them not because they made me swoon). Though Dam Reum has grown handsomer and old enough to swoon at.

Now YAMG - why isn't @SilverMoonTea watching this? The romance also slow burn. Took 20 episodes to get together! :NeonGhost: I just finished episode 22 and now taking a break. Been binging in bed since the morning. So as you can tell, I continued on till 22 means the show is a keeper (for the first time in so long, a C-drama too!). And you know how we could touch on anything and @ssteph even initiated a dictionary? Did we add "eye brows"? Because I find Yang Yang's swoony when he's frowning / brooding at the below angle. :laugh:

142789154_100696978713931_64963364054744

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 6

@mademoiselleWow u really watching C drama. And you mentioned you normally don't like to watch one, due to the dialogue. I did try 2 eps of YAMG but I'm not into graming drama. (I do play game sometimes, but drama about gaming doesn't interest me). Alice & nitewalker already promoting this drama to me. Too bad didn't worked for me. 

@JenLInteresting Ted Talk haha. Yes if its in real life consent need to be ponder more. But hey no NDR in my real life who hugged me bwahahaha... so no need to worry to much 😆

@abs-oluteMsaid NDR not tall enough lols. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

5 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselleWow u really watching C drama. And you mentioned you normally don't like to watch one, due to the dialogue.

Not so much on the dialogue but the way the dialogues are delivered by the actors. Intonation and pronounciation are more glaring for me when it is primary language. This one isn't too bad because the only person's voice sort of act cute is Dilreba's and she's alright. Plus I think the most important thing is the acting is mature and natural. However I do have to say 2 lines come out from Yang Yang's mouth in recent episode made me cringe and this is all because he's now in love. Hahahahahaha. Writer is giving me goosebumps. "You are already on my boat" :KittyMallet:

I don't play games at all but didn't mind the gaming bits. Just thought they focus a lot on it (PPL I presume). By the way, that pro gamer Zhou Ying who helped Jing Jing is also good looking. Is he an actor too? HAHAHA. The Chinese PPL are doing their PPL exactly like Kdrama does it too. That Yoghurt drink PPL was so obvious.

16 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMsaid NDR not tall enough lols. 

NDR will prove himself worthy with his acting despite lack of heights - @abs-oluteM likes Kim Min Jae too and he's not 180cm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
56 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu is correct. I've adopted Nam Da Reum a few years back.

But the youngest is now Tang Joon Sang at 18. There may be two younger ones coming up (now this is because I see bright future in acting for them not because they made me swoon). Though Dam Reum has grown handsomer and old enough to swoon at.

Hahaha to be honest I like NDR and TJS too. But they're like in a weird pre-Oppa stage? Tier? ...But both are really good actors! :heart:

52 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLInteresting Ted Talk haha. Yes if its in real life consent need to be ponder more. But hey no NDR in my real life who hugged me bwahahaha... so no need to worry to much 😆

Hahaha it wouldn't be a problem if in real life because you would have already consented loooong ago to NDR if he decided to hug you :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle i am glad that finally you watched ;-)

@bairama a single FMV cannot describe how good YY is.... looking forward to his drama with zhao lusi....i think i am into YY since 2017 and i have followed him very very closely.... he has matured a lott.... he used to be much more playful earlier.... he is a great dancer too:-)

• Like 5

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@mademoiselle PPL in Chinese dramas are in your face just like the Subway meals in Korean dramas. :laugh: Victor Liu is the name of the actor who pays Zhou Yin. He's only been in supporting roles. And the game (Honor of Kings) they played is actually a game own by the streaming network for You Are My Glory. Haha! 

I can't believe you're that far already. I'm only halfway through episode 23. Everyone is so well ahead of me and I started when it premiered. :cry:

NDR's height. Haha! I don't think he is that short, at least he is taller than me. :laugh:

• Haha 4