@Tofu 18 Again has so many eye-candies xD Such a blessing to watch that drama. I like Choi Bo Min as well (noticed him since Melting Me Softly). Hwang In Yeop, I prefer him in True Beauty. His new glasses CF BTS photos from KeyEast is a treat. Wi Ha Jun has a movie with Ji Kin Joo and Kim Hye Yoon coming out but he's not a good guy.

Yes indeed, JKY and AHS haven't gotten as many diverse roles as they should. I think Ki Yong had more diversity - he was great in My Ahjussi and Kill It (in the beginning as a killer). Oh I'm looking forward to Hyo Seop's Red Sky, the fact that he's blind (and pretty), I'm already in. HAHAHAHA.

Sejong and Do Hwan are LOVE. :heart: I miss watching Sejong act. Do Hyun and Sejong don't have as much interactions so I think it'll be interesting if they get paired up again. I'm curious. Though seeing now both have been promoted to male lead tier, it'll be hard to meet. Still, it's my dying wish. Hahaha.

Lee Do Hyun and Ahn Hyo Seop are born in 1995 are maknae. Yang Se Jong, Woo Do Hwan and Jang Ki Yong are 1992 Hyungs. Song Kang sit in between them but probably look the youngest? :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I kinda still think Se Jong's acting is a bit more advance or wider than the rest. :pandathink:

I have only seen SJ in TOL and Duel . He was good in Duel and can kiss in TOL :eeeee:. And I know he auditioned for the role in Duel -I saw the audition records on the drama thread then . It was impressive

In terms of versatility , I think WDH is the most versatile of the lot. I started paying attention to him when he was a gangster in Sweet Stranger & Me. He won me over in Save Me! Sorry to Taec,  but WDH was a much better actor there. 

-----------------------

Wanna post one of oppa dancing ...

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM I love Sejong as cranky Do In Beom in Romantic Doctor. In RD2, he's not cranky anymore - I was disappointed LOL. For Saimdang, I'd only watch his sageuk bit (ep4 especially) and the rest can skip. LOL. TOL and 30 but 17 have good kisses. Duel is still my favourite. Yeah he auditioned for the role and the PD took a bet on him after meeting him. I'm not sure he can out-do Duel anymore given all the roles he did after Duel is not as impactful.

Bwahahaha that's what everyone said about Save Me, that Do Hwan took Taec's spotlight! xD I love Do Hwan most in The King EM ... hehehe~ you cannot say no to TWO x Woo Do Hwan :love:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think Ki Yong had more diversity - he was great in My Ahjussi and Kill It (in the beginning as a killer).

I never watched My Ahjussi so I'm not sure how he was in that. I watched a few episodes of Kill It and thought he was ok. I think JKY plays a lot of your typical cold characters. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Sorry to Taec,  but WDH was a much better actor there. 

Taec hasn't improved much. I usually have no emotional connection to his characters. From 2PM, I think Junho is the much better actor out of all of them. 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I miss watch Sejong act.

Me too! Maybe YSJ and WDH will return from the military at the same time so we get to see them both in the same year?! :taebtsbeg:

I feel like to see LDH and YSJ in the same drama, it has to be like Run On where there are two couples or some sort of non-romance drama. I would actually like to see one of them as the anti-hero character in the same drama -- like Lee Dong Woo and Im Si Wan. 

I just wanted to report that I completed a Lee Do Hyun drama, 18 Again. It was great, I loved it. I was so sad when LDH was barely in the last episode but that's ok. Now, I have to catch up on Nevertheless. Haha!

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2
2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I never watched My Ahjussi so I'm not sure how he was in that. I watched a few episodes of Kill It and thought he was ok. I think JKY plays a lot of your typical cold characters. 

Because I watch My Ahjussi straight after Go Back Couple, I was :shocked: by his My Ahjussi's character. It was a huge contrast between his Go Back Couple's character. He was a loan shark that IU owed debt too. Will you ever watch it? It's a REALLY good drama. It's started off really slow but once you get into it, it was a rewarding drama. It's one of those drama where it's hard to put into words how you feel about it (in a good way though).

If you are not going to watch it then this is what his role is like:

Spoiler

He was cruel and violent towards IU. Their relationship was complicated. They were OK when young and Ki Yong even protected IU back then but after after she killed his dad, he was torn between loving her and being angry at her. He did well showing that emotional struggle and finally letting it go in the end. :heart:

8 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Taec hasn't improved much. I usually have no emotional connection to his characters. From 2PM, I think Junho is the much better actor out of all of them.

I think Taecyeon is better now in Vincenzo. I actually see him emoting through his eyes although Kwak Dong Yeon definitely outshine him. And yes, I also think Jun Ho is a better actor although I really only watched one drama i.e. Confession by Junho. LOL.

10 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Me too! Maybe YSJ and WDH will return from the military at the same time so we get to see them both in the same year?!

I feel like to see LDH and YSJ in the same drama, it has to be like Run On where there are two couples or some sort of non-romance drama. I would actually like to see one of them as the anti-hero character in the same drama -- like Lee Dong Woo and Im Si Wan. 

Sejong will finished his MS in November. Do Hwan went a couple of month later than Sejong so he'll finish early 2022. I'm waiting to see which agency Sejong will sign with too because he's finished with Good People. Rumour has it Blossom is reaching out to him. I kinda wish he goes to Namoo or SOOP instead.

Yeah Do Hyun and Sejong need to reunite and do something together. I'm leaning towards them not doing any dramas/movie with romance in it. Coz this way it'll give them more screen time against one another. @abs-oluteM I'm 99.9% sure Do Hyun will be doing Melancholia with Im Soo Jung now. I've been seeing post/news article mentioning him doing Melancholia although it hasn't officially been confirmed.

Lee Dong Wook and Siwan? Stranger From Hell? Did you watch that? Do you like it?

15 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I just wanted to report that I completed a Lee Do Hyun drama, 18 Again. It was great, I loved it. I was so sad when LDH was barely in the last episode but that's ok. Now, I have to catch up on Nevertheless. Haha!

CB-01.gif.af70e27de3f3f165476253f7bb111a Yayyyyyy!!! Same. I wanted to see more LDH in the finale as well, haha. Just curious, I see The Swoon covering 18 Again so I assume it is now available on NF? I'm asking because it's still not available to my region. But I've got it downloaded so it's not that bad, lol.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
On 7/2/2021 at 10:50 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMI really have super bad SLS this time... cheer me up :nervous::laugh:

Especially after seeing this... 

So that is like alternate universe scene? Nice to see my darling Go Kyung Pyo there. His is is quite a big cameo 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I think Taecyeon is better now in Vincenzo. I actually see him emoting through his eyes although Kwak Dong Yeon definitely outshine him.

Yeah he was better in VC....actually think the role suits him

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ok, I'm hoping in July-August I will be adopting Jin Young coz of his role in The Devil Judge.

fbe7c48f30f28761164439a114e1dc1ed43d8e0f

887bd4ccfa4d1fc8a8480918ff7ddf309acaa9f4

I'm also liking his chemie with Park Gyu Young and looking forward to them officiate their relationship. Technically they like each other and are totally "some-ing"... I just don't quite know why they didn't become a couple yet.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ok, I'm hoping in July-August I will be adopting Jin Young coz of his role in The Devil Judge.

I am actually going to watch this for him (JY) ...Ji Sung is alright, great actor too . I am more his wife's fan than his .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Will you ever watch it? It's a REALLY good drama.

Possibly. It's been on my to watch list for a long time. Netflix is always recommending it for me to watch. Haha!

I think Taecyeon is better now in Vincenzo. I actually see him emoting through his eyes although Kwak Dong Yeon definitely outshine him. And yes, I also think Jun Ho is a better actor although I really only watched one drama i.e. Confession by Junho. LOL.

I couldn't be a fan of Taec in Vincenzo because of how much I adore Kwak Dong Yeon. Haha! I know Taec has improved and I hope he continues to do so. I've watched a good amount of dramas with Junho, my personal favorite is Just Between Lovers. I loved his relationship with Namgoong Min in Chief Kim, they were hilarious. He wasn't bad in Wok of Love but that drama was a bit interesting so it's hard to judge anyone in it. :laugh:

Sejong will finished his MS in November. Do Hwan went a couple of month later than Sejong so he'll finish early 2022. I'm waiting to see which agency Sejong will sign with too because he's finished with Good People. Rumour has it Blossom is reaching out to him. I kinda wish he goes to Namoo or SOOP instead.

That would be nice for him to go to Namoo or SOOP. Blossom has Park Bo Gum, doesn't it? Hopefully, he chooses an agency in the next few months so we can see something from him in early 2022. I agreed that I would much rather see LDH and YSJ in a non-romance drama too, another bromance focused drama like My Country. 

Melancholia does not sound interesting to me. I'm not into a teacher/student relationship like that. I don't mind it if it's something like someone is a professor and the other person is a former student, the setting is in college/university, but it seems like this one might be in high school? 

Yayyyyyy!!! Same. I wanted to see more LDH in the finale as well, haha. Just curious, I see The Swoon covering 18 Again so I assume it is now available on NF? I'm asking because it's still not available to my region. But I've got it downloaded so it's not that bad, lol.

It's available on Netflix for some countries, it seems? I'm not sure but I'm not able to see it on there. I watched it on a third party website. Hahaha! I even watched the classroom games they did to promote the drama too. I love that Lee Do Hyun calls the actors who were his children as "daughter" and "son". They also called his dad too. :laugh:And this is probably why even though he's only in his late 20s, I think of him as someone much older. LOL! I would like to see Lee Do Hyun in a sageuk but I know everyone else is not a fan of sageuk dramas. LOL! 

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am more his wife's fan than his .

Hahaha! Same here too. 

I saw a little bit of episode one  (Devilish Judge) and I don't know if I like it...I'll keep watching to see how I like the rest of the episode though. 

• Like 4

@Tofu Hahaha, in that case, you should trust Netflix and watch My Ahjussi :eeeee:

I heard praises for Just Between Lovers and I think I tried an episode. I couldn't get into it at the time so I never continued. I tried Wok of Love too but waahhh, that drama is ... I don't know how to describe. I've also tried Chief Kim, another one I couldn't get into at the time.

As for Melancholia, I think the student/teacher relationship is in the past per Dramabeans' post. So Do Hyun will already be an adult when they meet again in the present settings. I'm more interested in the description of his character and less on the plot (at this point). I'm also not sure how corruption comes into play.

18 Again is only available to Netflix Asia (same with my Sunbae :jinbtscry:). I thought it's available in the US seeing The Swoon is making videos of it on IG. Ah yeah, I watched the classroom game promotions too. It was fun and yes, they call each other by their screen names which I thought were cute. Do Hyun is a natural for "variety" :lmao2: You should watch his Running Man's cut - he's such a dork! :lmao2:

Do Hyun has done sageuk - Hotel Del Luna! He was soooo charming in there! At the time of airing, I was quite amused that there are a number of viewers that actually ship him with IU instead of YJG. Hahaha. I mean, it's not even possible given the storyline. Or do you mean a 16 episodes long official sageuk, not a supporting role? It's OK, since it is LDH, at least it's confirmed @abs-oluteM will watch for him :lmao2:

@abs-oluteM @Tofu I'm alright with Ji Sung. I like him to a certain extent; he just hasn't made it into Oppa list. Maybe because he's married to someone I know so the appeal is less and fantasy is gone. Ha-ha. Based on genre, he definitely picked one I'm more interested in than LBY's makjang Mine. I'm taken with Devilish Judge - he seems to be playing an anti-hero (and you know how charming this kind of role can be) whereas Jin Young is doing well being the one keeping an eye on him, trying to figure out his ulterior motives. Plus his push & pull cute relationship with Park Gyu Young is tickling me wanting for more. Oh yeah, I also like Jin Young's relationship with Ahn Nae Sang (this guy is everywhere in the dramas).

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

As for Melancholia, I think the student/teacher relationship is in the past per Dramabeans' post. So Do Hyun will already be an adult when they meet again in the present settings. I'm more interested in the description of his character and less on the plot (at this point). I'm also not sure how corruption comes into play.

Ahh, I see. If that's the case, I'll consider it. I hope it won't be too melancholy given the title. Can we have some lighter dramas for a while? Haha!

5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Do Hyun is a natural for "variety" You should watch his Running Man's cut - he's such a dork! 

I've actually watched a lot of his variety shows appearance prior to watching his dramas (besides Hotel Del Luna). :laugh:The things he says and how much he wanted to win a prize to bring back home to his parents. He really loves his parents and it shows. 

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Or do you mean a 16 episodes long official sageuk, not a supporting role?

A full on sageuk with 16+ episodes as the main lead is what I meant. I loved his character in Hotel Del Luna and I lived for his scenes with IU. I thought IU and Yeo Jin Goo were great together but I wouldn't have mind if Lee Do Hyun came back. This was the first drama I saw Lee Do Hyun in and I just remembered being so impressed by his acting. 

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm taken with Devilish Judge - he seems to be playing an anti-hero (and you know how charming this kind of role can be) whereas Jin Young is doing well being the one keeping an eye on him, trying to figure out his ulterior motives. Plus his push & pull cute relationship with Park Gyu Young is tickling me wanting for more. Oh yeah, I also like Jin Young's relationship with Ahn Nae Sang (this guy is everywhere in the dramas).

The concept of this new courtroom is really intriguing to me. I will keep continuing at a snail pace because right now, I decided I would watch Hot Stove League. Lately, all I've really been doing is catching up on completed dramas I've told myself I would watch. The only airing drama on my list is Nevertheless. Haha!

• Like 4

Do Hyun has done sageuk - Hotel Del Luna! He was soooo charming in there! At the time of airing, I was quite amused that there are a number of viewers that actually ship him with IU instead of YJG. Hahaha. I mean, it's not even possible given the storyline. Or do you mean a 16 episodes long official sageuk, not a supporting role? It's OK, since it is LDH, at least it's confirmed @abs-oluteM will watch for him

Me :heiboi: ...I was more intrigued with LDH's story in the past . ahahahah I will watch LDH in a sageuk for sure.

I like YJG too - I have watched a number of his shows but one thing I can confirm is that rom-com is not his thing. He needs to stick to crime or melodrama (e.g The Crowned Clown , Beyond Evil)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

The concept of this new courtroom is really intriguing to me. I will keep continuing at a snail pace because right now, I decided I would watch Hot Stove League. Lately, all I've really been doing is catching up on completed dramas I've told myself I would watch. The only airing drama on my list is Nevertheless. Haha!

The only thing I'm not sure I like is the gowns they wore to the live show. It's so Priest-like rather than judges. I suppose the theme of the show has some Christian reference as well, seeing how Ji Sung's character name is Yo Han (John) again.

Ah yes. I can't dissuade you from Hot Stove League. It's another highly recommended drama too.

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I like YJG too - I have watched a number of his shows but one thing I can confirm is that rom-com is not his thing. He needs to stick to crime or melodrama (e.g The Crowned Clown , Beyond Evil)

You're probably right coz I watched Into the World Again and it was baaaad. I didn't even want to go near Absolute Boyfriend since I already seen the J-version long time ago. Even though I didn't dislike it then but I know my taste have changed. Plus I wasn't convince of his pairing with Bang Min Ah. I don't think I make a bad choice in not tuning in.

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Ahh, I see. If that's the case, I'll consider it. I hope it won't be too melancholy given the title. Can we have some lighter dramas for a while? Haha!

I've actually watched a lot of his variety shows appearance prior to watching his dramas (besides Hotel Del Luna). The things he says and how much he wanted to win a prize to bring back home to his parents. He really loves his parents and it shows. 

A full on sageuk with 16+ episodes as the main lead is what I meant. I loved his character in Hotel Del Luna and I lived for his scenes with IU. I thought IU and Yeo Jin Goo were great together but I wouldn't have mind if Lee Do Hyun came back. This was the first drama I saw Lee Do Hyun in and I just remembered being so impressed by his acting.

Hahaha 18 Again is considered light. I didn't know you got your eyes on LDH too. Now you HAVE to complete Sweet Home. He's great in there!

:lmao2: I can't with this boy

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The only thing I'm not sure I like is the gowns they wore to the live show. It's so Priest-like rather than judges. I suppose the theme of the show has some Christian reference as well, seeing how Ji Sung's character name is Yo Han (John) again.

I saw that his name was Yo Han and thought this is the Yo Han character from Mouse reincarnated. :laugh:

Hahaha 18 Again is considered light. I didn't know you got your eyes on LDH too. Now you HAVE to complete Sweet Home. He's great in there!

Hahaha! I can't say I like him the way @abs-oluteM does. I think whenever his dramas came out, I had other dramas to watch because those oppa love were stronger than his. :laugh:

Looks guys! Woo Shik has a FM today and his celeb best buddies are invited~ I haven't seen PHS for so long. He's gained weight.

Wow! I know they hangout together but never thought I would see them together in one show. That's insane considering how incredibly busy V is with his BTS promotions. PSJ is cute as always. 

What drama is PHS filming? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What drama is PHS filming?

This one.

That's insane considering how incredibly busy V is with his BTS promotions.

They are never not busy, isn't it? xD

3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I saw that his name was Yo Han and thought this is the Yo Han character from Mouse reincarnated.

Hahaha but that Yo Han is good.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

omg @Tofu...look at his new movie...actually very good that he takes on roles like that. I love it when actors can play good and bad

I know! I'm looking forward to watching it and also his other movie Shark: The Beginning too (trailer in the spoiler tag). So far only the raw videos for the movies are out. Still waiting on subs. :cry:

Spoiler

@SilverMoonTea, I can't see Jang Hyuk and Lee Jin Wook without facial hair so I think they both look the best with it. Song Seung Heon looks better without. :laugh:

• Haha 4