Navillera 나빌레라 [2021]

Was looking for stuff on Naver , and I saw this ...the published version of the webtoon.

I hope haroboji gets to dance and soar as long as he can.

Spoiler

20201019_161623_edit.jpg&type=sc960_832

By the way I also love the supporting cast...teacher & ex wife should just get together again. Officially divorce but they they still bicker like a couple

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202104170815458010

202104170815458010_1.jpg

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

We're all a blubbering mess along with you @stroppyse. I thought you may have dropped it as you haven't come in to share more thoughts other than the first 2 episodes.

I haven't seen @Chocolate @Nohamahmoud2002 and @ktcjdrama recently too. Hope you guys are still enjoying it although may be too emotional to type out any thoughts xD xP

@abs-oluteM Hahaha you found the background I use to the banner. Apparently in the webtoon Haraboji has ballet basics. And I don't know if he has Alzheimer's or not in there.

The ballet teacher is also in Mission: Possible xD I like him and ex-wife too. I think they just became really good friends after settling/accepting their differences. They understand each other the most as well.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle, I've been watching, but too tired to form coherent thoughts most of the time right, so I've mostly been lurking. I'll try to come by later with more thoughts. Also...

Thanks to everyone who posted during the Navillera Event!

Points will be totaled and shortly awarded so that people can by the Song Kang badges that we have in the Member Shop, if you haven't already. :hearties:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Gosh, I just really love this drama. Tugs at all the right heart strings and makes me miss my grandparents each time I watch it.

Spoiler

Wow, haraboji having alzhiemers was definitely unexpected for me. I don't know how the rest of this is going to pan out but I do hope that he gets a chance to soar.

I love that Chae Rok has started to really care for Dok Cheul (haraboji) and it was so sweet watching him follow haraboji home to make sure he gets home okay. 

I have to say that I am also really loving halmeuni. I wasn't sure how I felt about her in the beginning when she tore haraboji's tights but I started to really love and appreciate her when she stood up to her son when he was being rude and ungrateful. And really love how she, too, cares for Chae Rok and treats him like her a grandson. She even made citrus marinade for him just like everyone in the family.

From the preview, it looks like the youngest son (the doctor) finds out about his alzheimers which is likely why he decides to make haraboji the start of his documentary.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Seo In Guk Captivates As Star Ballerino In “Navillera” Special Appearance

tvN’s “Navillera” has revealed stills of Seo In Guk from the upcoming episode!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Navillera” is about Shim Duk Chool (Park In Hwan), who begins ballet at the age of 70, and Lee Chae Rok (Song Kang), a 23-year-old ballerino who gets lost while chasing his dreams.

Seo In Guk gives off a casual appearance in the newly released stills with his parted hair and simple outfit. He takes on the part of Hwang Hee, a popular ballerino who captures the gazes of everyone in the studio with his fluid and graceful aura. Duk Chool in particular is said to grow bashful the moment he sees Hwang Hee, starstruck by his presence.

In another still Hwang Hee gets involved in a subtle battle of nerves with his junior Lee Chae Rok, who catches Hwang Hee as he leaves the studio to tell him something which makes his eyes narrow in suspicion (see top photo). Viewers are left wondering what will cause friction between the two ballerinos.

The drama’s producers commented, “Seo In Guk will be making a surprise appearance in episode 9 thanks to his relationship with director Han Dong Hwa. Including Park In Hwan, whom he worked with in the past, Seo In Guk is set to display a unique chemistry with all of the cast members. We would like to thank Seo In Guk for taking time out of his busy schedule to come.”

The next episode of “Navillera” airs on April 19 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via soompi

===

Yup @abs-oluteM Looks like In Guk plays another ballerino.

Yay @Mouse you are back. You went MIA for Mouse and Navillera.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

episodes.

I haven't seen @Chocolate @Nohamahmoud2002 and @ktcjdrama recently too. Hope you guys are still enjoying it although may be too emotional to type out any thoughts xD xP

I am still in. I finished ep. 6, so I have episodes 7 and 8 to watch.

Haraboji breaks my heart. He forgot the anniversary of meeting his wife. CR works hard and takes painkillers. I really like his teacher who warns him.

Watch this, Alzheimer's disease and ballet.

Spoiler

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 4/14/2021 at 12:34 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Ho Boem , whether he would admit it or not, has also been moved by the old man. That is why he told his gang to walk away after finding out he has Alzheimer's.

Ho Boem, I think at his most basic is not a bad boy. Just a bit weak and cannot lift himself up from his failure and surrounded by a bad crowd. When he accidentally caused Chae Rok to fall down the stairs, he already showed his concern and regret. And now with haraboji. So hopefully the drama will end well for him too.

21 minutes ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Wow! This is amazing.

My family seems to have a bad record of dementia. My grandma had it. And of her 6 children, an uncle and aunt have it now. That's 33%.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

My family seems to have a bad record of dementia. My grandma had it. And of her 6 children, an uncle and aunt have it now. That's 33%.

Is dementia forgetting some things and remembering others? 

Btw, Kim Kwon was in "Marry me now"

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

That is just amazing. But it’s very true that our body holds good physical memory. Many years ago, I read a very good article on how cycling can help improve ALZ patients. I tried to search for it but cannot find the article anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yay @Mouse you are back. You went MIA for Mouse and Navillera.

Real life got really busy and stressful and is taking up all of my focus. I’m behind on Mouse and have not finished some of the dramas I’m watching. I hope to be more regular here but I can be a bit sporadic depending on what I’ve got on the go. :cry:

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I think people with dementia mostly just forget things and lose their abilities over time. It's a general medical condition of which Alzheimer's is a sub-set of I think.

Yes, dementia is the general condition describing cognitive decline and by which there are sub-classifications - one of which is Alzheimer’s. 

I really feel for those who suffer from dementia because they almost become a shell of themselves. To live without memories is so painful and that’s why the scene where haraboji sits on the bench, looking at his family photo and reminiscing his most precious memories was really poignant. 

My hope is that haraboji will be able to dance in front of people why he can still fully enjoy the experience. To be able to achieve his dream before his decline would be nice. 

perhaps this is what his family needs bec all his children seem to just be living. His eldest is all about being ahead career-wise but doesn’t seem to have anything else. His family life has suffered bec of it. 

His daughter seems to be busy with supporting her husband and it would be nice to see her pursue something for herself. 

his youngest seems to be lost. Not seeming to want to be a doctor anymore but not really sure what he wants to really do. I feel like he knows what he doesn’t want to do, but doesn’t really know what he wants to do. He wants to make a documentary but I’m not sure for what purpose. 

the grand daughter is still searching for what makes her happy. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

That is just amazing. But it’s very true that our body holds good physical memory. Many years ago, I read a very good article on how cycling can help improve ALZ patients. I tried to search for it but cannot find the article anymore. 

I googled and there are indeed several articles on cycling and ALZ. It seems aerobic-type exercise that increases cerebral blood flow reduces risk of developing dementia. And the study shows greatest increase in blood flow occurs at the start of the exercise. Thus, high intensity interval training may be more effective.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
17 hours ago, Mouse said:

Real life got really busy and stressful and is taking up all of my focus. I’m behind on Mouse and have not finished some of the dramas I’m watching. I hope to be more regular here but I can be a bit sporadic depending on what I’ve got on the go.

I get you. I am glad you found some time to catch up.

Hope to hear more of your thoughts & real life grandparents' stories soon, too.

As for Mouse, it's gone to a place where I've no idea what is going on anymore. You don't need to rush too. Might even be better if you wait for the finale and binge it, hahaha.

• Haha 4

Each episode just keeps getting better. I am so glad that Chae Rok decided to tell Seung Gwan about Haraboji’s condition. It would have been a major regret for Seung Gwan had he missed out on an opportunity to make the most out of whatever time they have left until Haraboji’s condition worsens. This not only gives Seung Gwan a chance to spend time with his father but also gives him the opportunity to see a side of haraboji he hasn’t seen before and to appreciate him even more. 

I really appreciate that Navillera is also exploring the relationship between parents and children. I am eager to see Chae Rok and his dad mend their relationship. I’m a little nervous about dad meeting Ho Beum. Hopefully he doesn’t do anything to him. 

I’m curious to see how the family is going to react to the news of his Alzheimer’s. Cant wait for tomorrow’s episode! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2