Navillera 나빌레라 [2021]

Episode 9

I love how sweet Chae Rok is — worrying about Haraboji that he insisted to walk him home and not even care about being embarassed to request to stay over for dinner. On the other hand, because he understood Haraboji that he's also not going easy on him or take teaching him lightly.

I'm so so so glad he finally told Seong Gwan though. The answer/reason Seong San gave Seong Gwan about not wanting to tell Eun Ho he's sick made me cry coz it really hits home. Seriously I'm so glad Chae Rok and Seong Gwan are working together watching over Haraboji, and let him fulfill his wishes. The look they gave to each other when Haraboji mixed up the coffee, aww man, :pandasadspoon:

Wonder why Seong San is working so late... and wonder why he's not telling his wife about it. If I were her, I'll probably sneak a peek and see if he's being up to no good or just snoop a bit coz who in the world work till 12am?

Three episodes left, Ho Beom is still wandering around. Maybe a visit from Chae Rok's aboji is finally the last push he needed to move on.

Before I forget, I've been meaning to say the surface area of Haraboji's face is huge. Usually the face mask can cover up all of the skin and it can't for his! :pandawhat: All this time I thought maybe it was just Song Kang having a small face.

Capture1.png

I also thought it was so cute the conversation Halmoni and Haraboji had about the documentary and how she consented to him doing ballet coz it's her against all of them. She genuinely sounded a bit upset that even obedient Chae Rok is supporting it LOL LOL.

Anyone know what's the deal/meaning behind eating the Mackerel?

And oh, :lol: at Haraboji insisting he wants to dance Swan Lake. Like that must be one super difficult dance... I wonder which one he wants to do. I haven't seen Swan Lake although I know a bit about the main female lead - white swan and black swan. In terms of ballet, I've always looked at ballerina more coz they are more beautiful than the men when they dance.

Last but not least, that cameo from Seo In Guk is so random. It didn't even mean anything or is useful to the plot.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Before I forget, I've been meaning to say the surface area of Haraboji's face is huge. Usually the face mask can cover up all of the skin and it can't for his!  All this time I thought maybe it was just Song Kang having a small face.

I think the size of the mask varies with the brand. I have that problem too with some, like My Beauty Diary from Taiwan.

Or it could be that I'm just fat lol!

5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL, I did NOT know that ballerino wears a dance belt (I even googled it to check if its function is to do what I think it does) ... but can Haraboji fit into Chae Rok's dance belt? Surely there's size difference. Hahahahaha.

It looked like underwear in the gifs. When I googled

Spoiler

IT IS UNDERWEAR! Like a thong! 😂😂😂

Dance-Jox-Dance-Belt-3-v14-e155660922737

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I can't love this show any more than I do. Honestly brings me to tears every time I watch it.

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LOL, I did NOT know that ballerino wears a dance belt (I even googled it to check if its function is to do what I think it does) ... but can Haraboji fit into Chae Rok's dance belt? Surely there's size difference. Hahahahaha.

THIS!! Had me laughing so hard because I also wondered about it. I suppose it's to keep "stuff where it should be" :smug:

I think it's adorable and sweet just how much Chae Rok has come to love and care for haraboji. But then again, it's impossible not to love him. I teared up when he wrote to the radio station where Eun Ho works just to cheer her up. 

Episode 10:

TEARS!!! When halmoni told Seong Gwan she knew about the alzheimer's and how she wanted him to be able to live his life and that she would be okay with taking care of haraboji... :letalQQ: and that she will wait until he's ready to tell her himself. And the way she squeezed Seong Gwan's hand because she didn't want haraboji to know that it was he who forgot the pan on the stove. What I love and appreciate about halmoni is how much she cares for her family. She's so thoughtful and although she nags at times, she really takes care of them in her own little way - from making them citron tea, seaweed soup, or just being supportive.

When she opposed haraboji taking up ballet lessons, it was really just out of concern for him. But once she understood how much it meant to him, she was supportive all the way. She put his needs and wants before her own. 

The scene where Seong Gwan calls Seong San crying to tell him that haraboji is missing really made me cry too because even though they've had their differences, at the end of the day they are family and Seong Gwan still leans on his hyung when he's scared. And Seong San, despite being hard on his little brother, still worries for him. 

And the scene when Seong San finds haraboji, hugs him and tells him that regardless of how old he gets, haraboji will always be his rock.. :pandasad: I was eating my lunch and just started crying hard! 

Just goes to show that despite what goes on in each of their lives, despite their differences, at the end of the day they truly love each other. 

This really hit home for me because as an adult, I am independent of my parents but they are still my rock and comfort. When things get rough, I still find comfort in knowing they are there. Just knowing they are there gives me strength. So I could totally relate to Seong San.

This episode also made me sad because it reminds me that my parents are also getting older. They now have aches and pains they didn't have before and there's always more and more doctor's appointments. And I am reminded that we have to enjoy them while they are there because we don't know what tomorrow will bring.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

BTS

Oh, I forgot mention yesterday I also love the father & son scene between Chae Rok and his father. It was awkward but we can see they are both trying and really care for one another. I also loved how Chae Rok so innocently asked Dad whether they've been to the bath house, totally taking in what Haraboji had said, which is so cute.

Song Kang's stills

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Episode 10

Haha, you ate lunch when watching @Mouse and I ate dinner while watching this episode. I was glad the crying bit only started after I finished eating though else it'll be messy. I even gave up on wiping tears and just left a sheet of tissue paper below my eyes and the glasses help me lock it in place till the end, LOL. Just imagine what Jo Jung Seok and Jeon Ji Hyun did in Legends of the Blue Sea with the plastic bag, and that'll be me with a piece of tissue. xD

You've pointed out all the parts that had me crying too. The worst crying for me had to be Halmoni revealing she already knows. However I thought she knew waaaay before that's why she decided to let Haraboji go on with the ballet.

Reading what you wrote about Seong Gwan and Seong San, as well as Seong San telling Haraboji he'll always be his pillar made me teared up again. It's so true in life but we don't always remember it until something like this happens. 

It's lovely to see Ho Beom being encouraged by Haraboji too. He's been such a motivation and inspiration to Chae Rok and everyone. Haraboji's cheer up message for Eun Ho made me misses my grandpa a little.

I really really hope the finale episode (or even episode 11) will show us Haraboji performing on stage before his condition worsen. I'll be ready with another sheet of tissue paper~  

You'll always be my pillar

d1dc45e95b2bde13887cfa0e363fda7a7a2615c1

1d42bfb3489b9167334e0b2aedf160a01360efe4

5a315ede50562d023613d4da9b22373b4bed298e69194c1bf2f0f22fdb4e466833320215fea6374a

source: deokmis

P.S. Oh, Park In Hwan's real age is 76...!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Let me join you guys in crying in every episode... I even made sure I choose a good time to watch this drama, because I know I won't be able to hold my tears in anymore when it hit.

You guys have written so much that were on my mind too as I watched. I don't know what else to write. Let me just ponder upon what the show is trying to tell all of us. 

~ Don't give up on your dreams! Press on!

~ It's never too late to start anything!

~ You're never too old to pursue your dream!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

When I cry my parents think there is something wrong with me lol. 

I was so sad when haraboji was crying in the toilet while trying hard to remember things at the end of episode 9. CR was so worried. 

:pandasad::scaredpanda2::pandasadspoon:

The way CR keeps following haraboji is so touching. He sort of protects him. 

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 4/21/2021 at 6:23 PM, mademoiselle said:

You've pointed out all the parts that had me crying too. The worst crying for me had to be Halmoni revealing she already knows. However I thought she knew waaaay before that's why she decided to let Haraboji go on with the ballet.

Same ....I think this was the episode that turned on the most waterworks for me. The last time I watch a drama that moved me this much was The Light in Your Eyes which coincidentally deals with aging and our memories.

Haroboji's life is a life well-lived. If he had an opportunity to look back at all that he has done , he will realise how many lives he has touched and how many personal mountains he has moved. While I appreciate all the beautiful, talented and gifted personalities that we  come across be it on screen or IRL, the world really just need more folks like him. Though his condition is irreversible , I hope his desire & drive to perform, can slow  down the onset , long enough for him to perform at least once on stage. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

This is how I feel watching both episodes this week:

UrtCPEZ.gif

I can't believe it's already the finale next week! I hope Haraboji gets to perform the piece he's been wanting to. I hope nothing happens to him before he gets to perform. :yoongibtspls:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This drama is determined to drain all the tears out of me, isn't it???? I don't know if I can finish this drama. I'm too parched from the floods of tears. I'm afraid I'll dehydrate to death because I can't stop crying.

I mean, is it really watching if I have to keep pausing to wipe the tears away?

Even the preview for the next episode had me bawling. When CR says that it's okay if harabeoji doesn't remember him since CR can just recognize harabeoji so it'll be fine. Oh my gosh, I'm flooding my keyboard in tears now.

Maybe I should go watch a lighter drama like Mouse or Beyond Evil or something...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

I can't believe it's already the finale next week! I hope Haraboji gets to perform the piece he's been wanting to. I hope nothing happens to him before he gets to perform. 

There's only 12 episodes to this drama??? Ugh, and they saved the waterworks till the last! Even if harabeoji actually gets to perform, I can already feel the tears getting ready to flow. I guess the most we can hope for is that harabeoji gets a chance to fly before dementia totally claims him and he starts losing control over his body as his brain starts to malfunction.

Alzheimer's is a pretty tragic disease.

• Like 5
On 4/20/2021 at 3:53 AM, Chocolate said:

It looked like underwear in the gifs. When I googled

It's basically a jock strap such as athletes wear to protect their private parts, However, since made specifically for danseurs, they also compress to keep the private parts from moving around as they dance.

And, since they are made of heavy elastic type material, CR's could probably fit harabeoji since harabeoji probably isn't actually that big girth wise, despite their difference in physiques.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Talking about Ho Beom, I wonder if it is possible for him to go back to football. He is 23 - that is a bit late for professional football. Regardless, I hope he stops wasting his youth and do something productive with his life. I just realised Kim Kwon spent his most of his scenes sulking. :idk:

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring