Navillera 나빌레라 [2021]

Episode 4 made me cry again.

I now understand better why Haraboji and Halmoni let the children run all over them. Nonetheless I am glad the wife sided him when the eldest son belittled Haraboji. :mad: The concerns would have been justifiable if it were purely health related and not because he thinks it is embarrassing and he made sacrifices because Haraboji couldn't provide him a better future. Anyway, I'm just so glad Haraboji has gotten approval from Halmoni. If it drags on for another episode, I'd find it too heavy hearted. I (and Chae Rok) need the chirpy Haraboji back!

@Tofu Chae Rok smiled!

navillera2.gif

source: winterlattes

I love how Chae Rok has started to miss Haraboji being around him, hehehe. So cute!

Why do I feel so sad that Haraboji is giving away his old car to Eun Ho? Honestly Eun Ho is a good grand daughter, lol, because I'd want a newer car if I was her (I'd feel safer). :P

Agree @abs-oluteM I dislike the eldest son too (for now). The chauvinistic side of him is what I disliked most in East Asian men. Why must the wife need his approval to go back to work? He doesn't own her. I could feel my blood pressure rise when he reminded her she still needs to be a wife and a mother. And if I am the writer, I'd have written another line from the wife telling him "Likewise". Before marriage, a daughter needs the approval from a father to do something and after marriage, she needs the husband's approval to live her life. This is not a life.

I thought it was funny (and a coincident) that Haraboji gifted the car to Eun Ho with Chae Rok driving it. I had the same thought as Eun Ho whether Chae Rok is the gift instead, kekeke.

ExyuSskUYAAU3mR?format=jpg&name=medium

ExyuS9QVIAYJl0Y?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I just started eps 4 @mademoiselle....my blood is boiling. :shocked2:Did the eldest son really have to call a family meeting for something  that is the father's hobby? My god. Kudos to 2nd son who supports dad's choices. I guess he must have gotten enough nagging from the mum etc for quitting his cushy doctor job to pursue something he really wants. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Why must the wife need his approval to go back to work? He doesn't own her. I could feel my blood pressure rise when he reminded her she still needs to be a wife and a mother.

Yeah I cannot live with this kind of chauvinist thinking. If my hubs ever say something like that , he will get two tight slaps from me! :smug:

• Haha 3
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

:laugh:Those who watched Sweet Home would get this.

@abs-oluteM

Oh yeah! How dare he call a family meeting on this matter! He treats Haraboji with no respect by doing that coz the head of the family is still Haraboji, isn't it? And I was also boiling when he dismissed his own wife and brother in-law for speaking and giving their support to Haraboji claiming they are not Shim, indicating they should shut up.

Hahahaha only slaps? No sleeping in the dog house? 😝

• Haha 3

@mademoiselle eps 4 was so moving too. I am glad the wife finally saw it from his perspective and gave the oldest son a good smack & yelling.

I can understand the kids being concerned about injury etc, but the issue I had with the oldest son's reasoning is because it was embarrassing for him - that prejudice that men have about doing ballet. He was more worried about himself than his father.  Sure they had a hard time growing up, but it was not that the father did not work hard for them. And what had their poor past got to do with this. If anything they should be glad that their father  is finally now able to something for himself. I am always happy when my folks take pleasure in their hobbies and enjoy their lives. 

What was really quite heartwarming was how CR missed Haroboji. He made the effort to go look for the old man. And I loved that he stood up to Kim Kwon's character. (Sorry , I forgot the name). I hope Kim Kwon will not injure CR. CR is finally focused and motivated to compete and be serious about a career in ballet. By the way, I am always tickled by the dance teacher & his ex wife. They are still very much married . LOL . Quite sweet that they remained such good friends even after divorcing.

I did have a bad feeling about Eun Ho's manager who got her to help with her thesis. This is actually very unethical and an abuse of power. This sort of work "harassment" needs to be reported. The only blessing in disguise I could possibly see is that maybe EH will be able to find a job / career she really desires.

P/S I was worried about CR's driving. LOL. Thank goodness EH took over later!

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

And I loved that he stood up to Kim Kwon's character. (Sorry , I forgot the name). I hope Kim Kwon will not injure CR. CR is finally focused and motivated to compete and be serious about a career in ballet. By the way, I am always tickled by the dance teacher & his ex wife. They still very much married . LOL . Quite sweet that they remained such good friends even after divorcing.

Hahaha *cough* I haven't memorised his name too. I just refer the character as Kim Kwon :laugh: If I'm less lazy, I'd check the net for his name but this past few days I'm low in energy. And agree about the divorced teachers. He keeps annoying her. I think they probably broke up out of differences but not because they dislike/stop loving each other.

• Like 3

The eldest son's reason for preventing the Haraboji from dancing was so selfish. It's not like the dance studio knew that Haraboji was his father -- why does he have to feel embarrassed? I don't see a difference between hiking and dancing because someone can injury themselves doing both. I'm really happy that Halmoni put the eldest son in his place and what she said wasn't wrong too -- why does our son's success have to make us feel so small? :pandasadspoon:

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The chauvinistic side of him is what I disliked most in East Asian men. Why must the wife need his approval to go back to work? He doesn't own her. I could feel my blood pressure rise when he reminded her she still needs to be a wife and a mother. And if I am the writer, I'd have written another line from the wife telling him "Likewise". Before marriage, a daughter needs the approval from a father to do something and after marriage, she needs the husband's approval to live her life. This is not a life.

I feel the same way too! It one of the reasons why I tell my mom that I am cut out for marriage. I don't like being told what I should and shouldn't be doing. :laugh:

@mademoiselle @abs-oluteM - Kim Kwon's character's name is Ho Beom but I can't remember it half the time too. It's because I don't think Chae Rok has ever said his name up until recently. What Chae Rok said to him was very true and I felt that burn -- he has been stuck on that field four years ago whereas everyone has moved on with their life, making something out of themselves. It doesn't seem like Ho Beom is going to change or take what Chae Rok said to heart because of what's shown in the preview for the next episode. :idk:

I loved that Chae Rok was beginning to miss Haraboji, but also appreciated that he let Haraboji figure it out on his own too. The car scene had me dying of laughter. My sister drives the same as Chae Rok and I could feel my anxiety rising just watching that scene. :pandascared:

df8455ec08c0681bbcd329f735f2182c4dd1466f

0bfaccac42302e11db759dd1cc77dda644388eac

e8cf3acf13439f4c4e99ac793590ac1d179769ba

Spoiler

da66653e5bae1174bf6f5c268c42df9bdf0ae92f

a2e25c3dcedab8409aec0d10d1fe9d1abaa73443

871343b187b0132548340282a810c6fb2adcc7b4

Credit

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu Ho Beom. Ho Beom. Ho Beom. I hope I'll remember it! He's most likely another lost soul. We'll need to know more of his back-story to better understand why he's stuck and not moving forward. I am not particularly annoyed with him yet (although I do think there's too many coincident meetings between him and Chae Rok). I am grateful that he hasn't been physically violent with Chae Rok, because then Chae Rok won't be able to dance. I hope I don't need to slap myself with the upcoming episode.

Usually boys aren't as scared of driving than girls. So I enjoy the gender reversal here coz Chae Rok is so cute freaking out. It's so true that I think the less confident driver would hold tightly to the wheel and on the top like Chae Rok and the body leaning forward. I've seen this mostly from female drivers on the road.

But in saying that Tofu, I would probably be freaking out driving in the US. It was scary, especially in New York! A family friend let me go have a quick look at Times Square at night and after that we tried to get back onto the main road, the cars just wouldn't let us and they zoomed off so quickly! :lettalKWA: I just feel like everyone is speeding in NY and New Jersey. I am guessing in the more quiet suburbs it might be better.

Hahaha what is this?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle - Driving in the inner cities and very congested areas are always scary. I hate driving through the downtowns during rush hour here. Otherwise, I'm used to having to drive everywhere here because nothing is nearby. Haha!

Hahaha! Sociopath is used pretty loosely in dramas nowadays. I can never escape from them all! :laugh:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm used to having to drive everywhere here because nothing is nearby. Haha!

The disadvantage of living in a large country. I can totally relate although over here they tried to have grocery/food shopping centre per suburb or closeby suburbs so we don't have to travel too far. However other things can still be far and only open in certain malls further away. I hate the Uber Eats choices around my area. There are just not many restaurants nearby and all the good ones are not available via the app because they are too far.

I went & read up on sociopath again. Does a person have to fulfill all criteria or just one or two and is deemed a sociopath? I'm trying to see if a manager at work is one. LOL!

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I'm mid-way through episode 2, where grandpa just passed the 1 minute test.

You know, if I go by all the life lessons in just these 1.5 episodes, I'm going to have to disappear from here and spend my time more wisely IRL 😂🤣

If that is what it takes~ we won't stop you. Hahaha.

• Haha 3

Wonderful drama, started watching it. The old man is such a dear, the young man has my sympathy. Both dream of becoming ballet dancers, we will see their friendship. Classical music and friendship are my favourite themes.

I am here for Park In Hwan, watched him in Brilliant Heritage, he is an excellent veteran actor, who chooses his works carefully. 

@stroppyse @abs-oluteM @Mouse @Tofu waves.

@UnniSara join me. It is wonderful.

@mademoiselle thanks for creating the thread.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 2
  • Party! 3

I just started watching this. Enjoyed both the first two episodes. I am sure I was not the only one cheering for Haraboji to be able to hold the balance for one minute. 
Love the theme of pursuing a dream. I myself have some things I have always wanted to do that I haven’t gotten around doing so because of life’s other demands. Let’s see if and how this drama can spur me on. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@Nohamahmoud2002 @ktcjdrama - Yay!! I'm glad you're both watching this with us! :heart:

My wish was for Song Kang to smile at least once in this drama, and he did! He actually smiled a few times!! :taebtsthanks:

90d414f4a521c0f1fb3e6b72b57b6401dbe20ec6

Will be back tomorrow to give my thoughts because it's after midnight here and I should probably sleep. :nervous:

Edit: Song Kang photos from his agency. =)

• Like 2
  • Party! 2