Navillera 나빌레라 [2021]

This is a great line from the show.

But but, I want to see that manager SUFFER!!! Someone should spill the beans that she cheated on her thesis.

Regarding Chae Rok's advice to Eun Ho, it's all well and good to be doing something that makes you happiest. But we have to be realistic too. If that something cannot help you make a decent living, you're not going to be very happy for long.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 5

Haraboji made me cry again :letalQQ:

So true @Tofu of what you tweeted. That was the scene I cried, especially the bit where Haraboji said the parents tell their kids to work hard coz it'll pay off but that's not how the world works. Agreed that we leave our jobs because of managers. I won't say it's entirely the reason but if the managers are good and supportive then I'd be more willing to stay.

There were a lot of characters schooling/providing sound advices to others. Haraboji schooled the manager. Chae Rok to Eun Ho. Ballet teacher to Chae Rok.

I love how supportive Halmoni is towards Haraboji now. She even buys him supplements and I'm most happy seeing her being welcoming and nice to Chae Rok since the boy is lacking some motherly love. Can't these two just adopt him or let him stay with them? It was nice seeing him watch TV with the oldies, LOLLL. I guess sooner or later he will be part of the family anyway :laugh:

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Regarding Chae Rok's advice to Eun Ho, it's all well and good to be doing something that makes you happiest. But we have to be realistic too. If that something cannot help you make a decent living, you're not going to be very happy for long.

I agree with what you said. I also think "doing something that makes you happy" doesn't always necessary mean it is something as big as sacrificing a job. One can still keep the job (coz at the end of the day it is just a job). Perhaps in this instance, Eun Ho didn't have to work super hard aiming to climb up the ladder per her dad's expectation. She can still work for the money and on the side does something else she enjoys. The main issue for her is she's been doing what her dad wants her to do rather than doing them because she enjoys it. When we're forced to do something, we become unhappy. She might end up going back to what she's originally doing but at least this time she is the one making the decision.

In order not to have regrets, we often will need to try things out and find out whether it's suitable or whether we like it. Doing a job we like, I find that difficult to come by. It seems easier to know what we don't want / dislike than what we want / like.

Edit: I worry now with Haraboji forgetting where he puts his phone I a foreshadowing he may be getting dementia or the like 😭

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Edit: I worry now with Haraboji forgetting where he puts his phone I a foreshadowing he may be getting dementia or the like

I am not sure also how the ending will be like... the premise is a hopeful one but if we look at it realistically, how many seniors get to go on stage? I’m afraid Haraboji will not get his dream realized... Kinda remind me of Light in Your Eyes, it’s not exactly a happy ending but a warm-hearted ending nonetheless... Anyway, one thing I am almost sure will happen is that the younger son will make a documentary of Haraboji pursuing his dream. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Edit: I worry now with Haraboji forgetting where he puts his phone I a foreshadowing he may be getting dementia or the like 😭

Omo...this was the exact same thought I had. I can understand why haraboji is so impatient to become a dancer. Time is not on his side - age for one. And as you age , there are plenty of other complications like memory that goes too. :cry:But ballet teacher is right. Dance / ballet is a craft - you need to give it due diligence & build your foundation if you want to be good in it.

Haroboji is the sweetest man. So I was quite upset when CR threw his temper at him. It was good that he got told off , and later he apologised. I think this episode was the one I saw CR the happiest. It would be lovely if he can spend more time with Haroboji and his wife. They were so happy to have him around , and he could do with some family warmth. 

Now that ending...hmmm Ho Beom better not injure CR's legs.

11 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am not sure also how the ending will be like... the premise is a hopeful one but if we look at it realistically, how many seniors get to go on stage? I’m afraid Haraboji will not get his dream realized... Kinda remind me of Light in Your Eyes, it’s not exactly a happy ending but a warm-hearted ending nonetheless... Anyway, one thing I am almost sure will happen is that the younger son will make a documentary of Haraboji pursuing his dream. 

I personally don't think he can dance in a professional sense ( it is too late in terms of age & agility)  but it is possible that he may be able to perform for something - some event perhaps.  May not be some advance steps but just a moment to dance / shine on stage. My mum is in her 60s and can still dance/ perform. But it is not at the professional level.  She took up dancing very late in life - she learns all sorts from ballet to hip hop to modern. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I expect haraboji to perform the magician in Swan Lake. It is a short role. You know, the one who turned the girls into swans, he fights the prince near the end, also he gets a black swan to deceive the prince. I used to watch the ballet on TV in my childhood.

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE-_ePQQnnV8gPY-X3s83

I like the grandad very much, he takes good care of CR. The grandad's smile is beaming. 

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 6

Oof, I'm so so so glad Chae Rok's injury was not intentionally caused by Ho Beom. I'd be so upset with Ho Beom if that's the case. He still can redeem himself and I need Ho Beom to start doing something. The actor Kim Kwon can do better with Ho Beom as a character. C'mon, writer ~ please don't waste away this potential Oppa-to-be.

Did you guys shed tears for these 2 episodes or I'm just a terrible crybaby here? There's so many little/short scenes here and there today that got me all teary eyed. Of course the watertap broke from the scene the eldest son visited Halmoni and then stopped his car to talk to Haraboji. I just love that unspoken emotions and nuances in that scene. Even the line when the wife told him "when your mum passed away you won't be able to have the soup whenever you want to" got to me. Some scenes made me miss my own grandparents too and I wish I had been able to give them more hugs.

Anyway, the show is just trolling us about Haraboji getting lost right??? Please please please Drama Gods, don't be cruel to Haraboji. Although early stages of dementia or Alzheimer's disease can be controlled by medicines, Haraboji can still live normally and learn ballet. I don't think Haraboji is able to appear on stage for a formal ballet performance but perhaps he could still perform on stage for festival performances of the like.

I guess Eun Ho might find her calling in this new job, hey? And seems like Haraboji is playing the cupid and has already given his consent to Eun Ho and Chae Rok, hehe. So cute. I like that when Chae Rok isn't being a porcupine, he does behave with good manners — he has said a lot of thank you in this episode. He's more cranky with Haraboji for some reason, lol, I think that just means he's more comfortable with Haraboji than the others.

New Stills from Episode 6

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oof, I'm so so so glad Chae Rok's injury was not intentionally caused by Ho Beom. I'd be so upset with Ho Beom if that's the case. He still can redeem himself and I need Ho Beom to start doing something. The actor Kim Kwon can do better with Ho Beom as a character. C'mon, writer ~ please don't waste away this potential Oppa-to-be.

Kim Kwon is a good actor and I think he has interesting arc here. Love him in He's Pschometric ( even more than the ML ..kkkk) and in Leverage.  Do wish he had a bit more screen time. I am glad too that HB didn't intentionally hurt CR. But Haroboji gave him a good pep talk . HB has to stop blaming whatever happened those many years ago as a reason for his "misery". A single event cannot possibly define one's future. Sure he can't play football anymore, but becoming a hooligan of sorts is just a waste of life. I think we will see some character development for him.

CR's desperation to compete is understandable. A lot of athletes/dancers  do this too but masking the pain will just make things worse and end his career pre-maturedly. I hope he takes his teacher's advice to heart and skip this competition, and prepare for the next instead.

I do  think haroboji has onset of dementia. Him forgetting the wedding anniversary for the 1st time in his life , and seemingly forgetting where he was at the end of the episode are tell tale signs right? Gosh haroboji :nervous: ...I want him to be center stage for once in his life and soar like he says. Hope it will be possible at the end of this. 

Anyway , looks like the 1st son is slowly accepting his father's choice. I love his wife...ahaha she puts him in his place . As to the daughter, I somewhat understood how lost she feels. Honestly, many people don't actually know what they want to do or what makes them the happiest. In some ways we start off our journey in adulthood that way ,and as we navigate it we will perhaps be able to discover what it is that we want. And sometimes you will find yourself on the wrong road , taking a detour but that is okay too. Sometimes it does take longer for some to discover their calling/ vocation. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Yeah. I really liked Kim Kwon in I am Psychometric. I was rooting for him to become "good" (and he did started to change/feel/understand emotions) but the writer had to give him that stupid ending. Grrr. I was even shipping him with the second female lead! I hope Ho Beom has his own character development. This show only has 12 episodes so I hope they begin soon.

Yeah, I understand Chae Rok's desperation because he's not exactly super young and he still has to enter the MS. 

I don't want it to be dementia because then life is just too cruel for haraboji. But I think it is heading that way :(

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

This is not really my kind of drama. I watch it but not with full concentration.

Still, the message has come through.

Today I asked my father about when he came to Singapore from Malaysia and how he met my mother. It’s quite major as we’re not close - my hair will stand if I have to say I♥️U although I am relatively filial in the traditional way 😊 It’s good to ask because they are quite old and who knows what will happen tomorrow.

So thank you @mademoiselle for asking me to watch this 😘

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Awww @Chocolate. Did you get a good story out of it from your dad?

:jiminbtssigh: That said, I'm annoyed I'm forgetting the details about why my grandpa migrated from China. Sign of ageing I tell ya.

I can't say I love you to my family too but I find it easier if I do it with emoji/stickers via messenging apps. So you can always convey your love to them that way. Another one is giving them a hug once in a while. I wasn't used to hugging people or giving hugs too but now I am used to it. It's very comforting and a way to show people you are close to that you care.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

@mademoiselle Oh I can hug anybody but my parents 🤣 I've started holding my mother's hand to cross the road - only when necessary 🤣 But thanks for the suggestions. Yes, whatsapp does help. Re my dad, yes, at least I got some background. Otherwise I know nothing about while they were young.

I've got one more episode to watch for this drama. Will pop back here after that.

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 4/7/2021 at 8:33 PM, abs-oluteM said:

CR's desperation to compete is understandable. A lot of athletes/dancers  do this too but masking the pain will just make things worse and end his career pre-maturedly. I hope he takes his teacher's advice to heart and skip this competition, and prepare for the next instead.

What you said above got me thinking... You know that under normal circumstances, I will surely say the same thing ~ don’t rush it, don’t jeopardize it, there’s plenty of chances ahead, go for the long term results, be patient... but really, after experiencing this covid situation, I kinda have adjusted some of my mindset for living. Now it’s more like ~ go for it, carpe diem, don’t wait till tomorrow, why wait... 

So it’s a tough call for CR. As much as I don’t want him to hurt himself further, he does have a time limit to “shine” as a ballerino. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

What you said above got me thinking... You know that under normal circumstances, I will surely say the same thing ~ don’t rush it, don’t jeopardize it, there’s plenty of chances ahead, go for the long term results, be patient... but really, after experiencing this covid situation, I kinda have adjusted some of my mindset for living. Now it’s more like ~ go for it, carpe diem, don’t wait till tomorrow, why wait... 

So it’s a tough call for CR. As much as I don’t want him to hurt himself further, he does have a time limit to “shine” as a ballerino. 

Yeah, I get what you mean. Doesn't help that he came into ballet this late. I feel bad for CR.

-----

One of my favourite scenes. 

@LaLa Not sure if you're watching this.  But maybe you'll like this drama - it is a lovely slice of life.

• Like 5

Navillera :hearties: Event

Who knew that finding one's dream of being a ballerina at the age of 70 would be such an engrossing story? The grandfather DeokChul who wants to fly at least once meets his teacher in the young danseur ChaeRok who is at the start of his career, and it's a bromance for the ages. Literally! You can't help but fall in love with these two as they support each other's dreams.

Points will be awarded for this event to be tallied and awarded at the end of the event. There will be 2 new Navillera badges available for sale in the Member Shop as well to buy with all of the points you get from posting during this event!

P.S. One little thing about the title of this drama which I'm not sure if it's come up. Navi (or Nabi) is butterfly, so they combined "Navi" as in dancing like a butterfly with "Cinderella" to come up with "Navillera". If you think about the fact that Koreans pronounce their L's and their R's exactly the same, you may also understand why the English spelling is "Navillera" rather than "Navirella".

Happy Watching!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 2