JangHaven's 2021 Most Anticipated Dramas Awards - Part 1: Nominations (10-13 January)

SnowBlob

@NiteWalker LOL.. yeahhh Jinxinsiyu..I have hopes for this drama.. while i can't say wallace have a good track record in selecting drama, Tan Songyun does well with her choices so I think this one would be very well received.

"You are my glory" would give us pretty casts I'm sure... i just don't know if this would air this year or not... 2021 is the soonest, while 2022, next year is more likely IMO. 

"Princess Change" or changexin/long ballad.. one of the investor is Huace Media,, so i think the production quality would be decent.

Huace and Iqiyi invested dramas usually have better production quality compare to Tencent dramas IMO. At least it won't scream low budget you know hhaha..

ahh.. what else... ding yuxi and ester yu's "Moonlight" poster is cute.. and there's another one of xulu and linyi drama "Love scenery" might be a cute one too. I think that's all from me.. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 4

Here's my introduction:

冰雨火 [Ice, Rain and Fire], English Title: Being A Hero
Known cast:
Chen Xiao as Wu Zhenfeng
Wang Yi Bo as Chen Yu
(for me at least, @NiteWalker would know more LOL)

Short Summary:

Its a story of two best friend that took different path in life due to circumstances. One became a Anti drug police officer, and the other a Drug lord.

Long Summary without spoilers:
Five years ago, Wu Gang was killed by a drug trafficking organization named "K", and his son Wu Zhenfeng was expelled from the police force. Utterly dissipated, Wu Zhenfeng boards the bus to the borders, while his best friend Chen Yu chases after him relentlessly. Along the journey, the two were almost kidnapped. While saving his best friend Chen Yu, Wu Zhenfeng was brought away by the drug traffickers, and there was no news of him ever since.

When the two meet again, Chen Yu became a narcotics policeman while Wu Zhenfeng is now a famed murder suspect known by the nickname "Addict Lord". 

Here's a BTS that is subbed.

I really like one of the theme the Director mentioned in the drama, it is for us to understand  "When you are shown how evil drug is, you will only know how precious is real peace"

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Party! 2
1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

@NiteWalkeryes i set a criteria one nomination per person thinking that lots and lots of members will want to nominate :pandascared: I wonder if I change the rule a bit....will it be ok? Hahahaahha

hahaha its okie....i just call ppl to post thats all lols....

cause i wont be able to remember what drama i recommend sometimes hahaha

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Title: 锦心似玉 / Jin Xin Si Yu

Known Cast:

Tan Song Yun as Luo Shiyi Niang
Wallace Chung as Xu Lingyi
He Hong Shan as Qiao Lianfang
Tang Xiao Tian as Qu Yanxing (Lin Shiyu)
Wu Mian as Grand Madame Xu
Fang Xiao Li as First Madame Luo
Ying Er as Yuan Niang
Liu Yun as Madame Wen
Li Sheng as Madame Qin

Summary:

In the Ming Dynasty, the distinguished Luo family suffers a downfall, and wanted to solve the crisis through a marriage arrangement. The intelligent and introverted Shi Yiniang was chosen, and she rose from a lowly concubine's child to become the much coveted madame of the Yong Ping Duke Manor. Facing the complicated web of relationship as well as the distrust of her own family, Shi Yiniang uses her kindness and purity to win the Xu family's trust and respect; while her love and tolerance eventually won the respect of the people who used to look down on her. Shi Yiniang also uses her intelligence and wits to help her husband Xu Lingyi to put forward plans and ideas, saving the Yong Ping Duke Manor from peril situations; and also improving the lives of the people. When the country faced invasion from external forces, Shi Yiniang and Xu Lingyi work together to lead the army, emerging victorious in their battles. Their relationship also deepens in the process. (Source: https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jin_Xin_Si_Yu)

As mention by @Lynne i do not put high hope for Wallace picks, as he has been known to pick wrong project despite some good rating, as most of his project just doesnt jive for me....however I hold my hope for SongYun's pick, she had been known to pick good project that fit my preferences so far... :smile: and so far the stills that they had been releasing showing their good rapport and also their visual seems to fit well despite the 10 years age gap.

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Hello, thank you @SnowBlob for tagging me

:smile:

L.U.C.A and Fly High, Butterfly are my other options but since we only allowed to nominate one drama..so here's my choice: 

Title One day, Destruction Entered The Front Door Of My House

Category : K-Drama

Cast : Park Bo Young, Seo In Guk, Lee So Hyuk

Synopsis : fantasy romance drama about a man known as “destruction” who causes everything he touches to vanish, and a woman who puts her life on the line to avoid her fate.

Release  : first half, 2021

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Just_Me hello!!! Thanks for nominating :) and guess what, you can nominate another drama because that 'One day destruction..." has been nominated already :laugh: So please please give us another ~ no one nominates LUCA or FHB so you can nominate one of those and then during voting, you can also vote for the Destruction one :) BTW... I like Kim rae won and lee dad hee ... hehehe

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

15 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@Just_Me hello!!! Thanks for nominating :) and guess what, you can nominate another drama because that 'One day destruction..." has been nominated already :laugh: So please please give us another ~ no one nominates LUCA or FHB so you can nominate one of those and then during voting, you can also vote for the Destruction one :) BTW... I like Kim rae won and lee dad hee ... hehehe

Hahaha,  Sorry..:laugh:

Then I'll nominate another one

Title : L.U.C.A

Cast : Kim Rae Won, Lee Da Hee

Release date : February 1, 2021

Synopsis

Ji-O (Kim Rae-Won) has a special power and a secret, but he doesn't know who he really is. He is chased by mysterious figures, while he tries to find answers to numerous questions that surround him.

Goo-Reum (Lee Da-Hee) is a detective. When she decides on a course of action, she won't change no matter what. Her parents disappeared when she was only a young child. Goo-Reum chases after the truth behind her parents' disappearance. She meets Ji-O and her life changes.

(Taken from asianwiki)

I'll be torn between Destruction, L.U.C.A and FHB (if someone nominate this) during voting :psweatduck:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

zWVY8X2.jpg

Title: Undercover

Category: Korean drama

Genre: thriller, crime 

Plot:

Han Jung Hyun (an NIS agent) married Choi Yeon Soo (a human rights lawyer) and kept his true identity a secret. When his wife assumed the position as the head of the Senior Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Unit, his secret life slowly gets exposed. 

This drama is a remake of the UK TV series under the same name

Actors: Ji Jin Hee; Kim Hyun Joo 

I'm just excited to see JJH playing as KHJ's husband again - they did a drama together "I have a lover"/"Identical Affairs" back in 2015.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

On 1/11/2021 at 7:59 PM, SnowBlob said:

@JenL *shock* at the title... how long can a title get??? Like even if you abbreviate it as we do to others it will still be like ODDETFDOMH :shocked2: I like Seo In Guk though~

Tell me about it. I wanted to update the title from "[Upcoming]" to "[Upcoming May 2021]" yesterday but couldn't because I must have hit the character limit! :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@SnowBlob Well you probably could guess what kdrama I anticipate the most in 2021. And @Jane has done the honor first to nominate it, so I'll just be back later to vote :D

I have peeked at other nominations, I did hear of the title and little bits of the news but will decide whether to watch or not once there are preview/highlight teasers or more news about the drama when the airing times is near :)

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@Nohamahmoud2002 hello :) is Man in Veil a currently airing drama? If yes, then unfortunately that can't be nominated as one of the criteria is the drama can't be aired prior to 18 January. Do you have any drama that fits the criteria listed on the first post? Please nominate it if you do have (but the nomination will close at 10am KST today which is in around 2.5hours) 

I will choose "Be a meal/밥이 되어라 " which started yesterday ☺

Information

MBC Daily Monday till Friday premiere at 11st January 

Plot

Young-Shin (Jung Woo-Yeon) is in her 20's and she was born with a cooking talent for traditional royal cuisine. She gets involved with people, including Kyung-Soo (Jae Hee), who cares about her.

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 1

Title: 长歌行 / Chang Ge Xing

English titles: The Long Ballad,

Princess Changge, Song of the Long March

spacer.png

Main Cast:

Leo Wu as Ashina Sun

Dilraba Dilmurat as Li Changge

Zhao Lusi as Li Le Yan

Liu Yuning as Hao Du

Alen Fang as Wei Shu Yu

Synopsis:

The tale of “The Long Ballad” takes place in ancient China. During the Xuanwu Gate incident, the entire family of Li Changge was slain by the Emperor of Tang, Li Shimin. The lone survivor of her bloodline, she departs to Shuo Province while disguised as a man, planning to launch and train an army to assassinate Li Shimin, and to avenge the death her family and kin. However, as a captain of the Shuo Province Army in Zhangzhou, Li Changge loses against a siege led by the Eastern Turkish Khaganate General Ashina Sun. The General would then take her to serve him as his personal military strategist.

(Reference: "The Long Ballad", myasianartist.com)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero