JangHaven's 2021 Most Anticipated Dramas Awards - Part 1: Nominations (10-13 January)

SnowBlob

With so many upcoming dramas scheduled to air in both Korean and Chinese drama worlds, aren't we curious to know which ones are the most anticipated ones? What better way to start the year in JangHaven by holding an award event to know what dramas most JangHavenites are looking forward to watching~

So here we go.

Our first award event is

:Party01: JangHaven’s 2021 Most Anticipated Dramas Awards] :Party02:

There are 2 parts to this event: Nominations (10-13 January) and Voting (14-17 January).

This thread will be dedicated to the first part of the event: Nominations. 

How to nominate:

-       One member is allowed to nominate ONE drama from each category. When you nominate, please give the drama's FULL TITLE and state clearly from which CATEGORY. Please provide a short SUMMARY of what it is about and the NAMES of the lead actors. 

-       If a drama you like has been nominated, you are not allowed to nominate it again, but you can nominate another drama you are interested in watching in 2021/near future. 

-       There is no individual member as a winner (the ‘winners’ will be the dramas most voted by the members). Therefore, it really does not matter if someone else has nominated your most anticipated drama because as long as it has been nominated, you can always vote for it. 

-       Nomination is open until Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 10am KST. 

Dramas that can be nominated:

-       Either Korean or Chinese dramas 

-       The nominated drama will not start airing prior to 18 January 2021.

-       The dramas are confirmed to be airing sometimes in the future and it needs to have at least one confirmed cast. Additional rule for Korean dramas: the dramas are confirmed to be airing in 2021 (it’s ok without specific dates). 

So what are you waiting for? Let the nominations begin~~ :duckhearts:

cc @stroppyse

• Like 9
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Korean Dramas Nomination List:mine:

1. "Times" - @SilverMoonTea
  2. "Hospital Playlist 2" - @Jane
  3. "That Night" - @mademoiselle
  4. "Jirisan" - @abs-oluteM
  5. "Sisyphus: The Myth" - @UnniSara
  6. "The Silent Sea" - @Chocolate
  7. "Vincenzo" - @ssteph
  8. "Joseon Exorcist" - @Tofu
  9. "River where the Moon Rises" - @joccu__
  10. "One day, Destruction Entered The Front Door Of My House" - @JenL
  11. "L.U.C.A." - @Just_Me
  12. "Undercover" - @SnowBlob
  • Like 12
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Alright, let's get tagging~~ Please tag others that you know are into either Kdramas or Cdramas or both :duckhearts: Apologise if I don't tag or tag your name :shocked:~ But whether you are tagged or not doesn't matter, just nominate according to the rules anyway~

@Jane @mademoiselle @Chocolate @im0202 @-StrongTower- @JeannieBean @Alice Wonderland @LaLa @MayanEcho @TiNaDo @ktcjdrama @AwkwarDerp @gilaswan @JenL @memorymagnet @cherrhys88@40somethingahjumma @Nohamahmoud2002 @Celebrianna @ssteph @themarchioness @Tothestars @Frau @sugarplum892 @oppasaranghaeyo @TRaNz@abs-oluteM @NiteWalker @Tofu @SilverMoonTea @Darkarcana @bluepebbles @katakwasabi @UnniSara @Mouse @gm4queen @movingwheel @Lynne

If you really dislike being tagged, please let me know through DM :) 

• Like 14
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Party! 1

12 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@SilverMoonTeawhen you said 'my dimple oppa...' I thought it was kim seon ho ahahhahah

Times sounds interesting! Will this be something like Signal? The past and present are connected through a phone (instead of walkie talkie)..

Hahaha ya it should be dimple ahjussi... not oppa... 

I think it's similar to Kairos too... but this one by OCN, so hopefully there will be more difference. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

My most anticipated drama of 2021: A future 2021 drama with Shin Sung Rok! I really hope I get a drama this year~ ahahaha :heiboi:

8 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Hahaha ya it should be dimple ahjussi... not oppa... 

I think it's similar to Kairos too... but this one by OCN, so hopefully there will be more difference. 

Yes. Times is too close to Kairos for me, in the teaser, even the colours for past and present is the same as Kairos. But I guess the plot will be slightly different because the characters in Times are reporters (who will have access to more info, and one character is the president daughter) unlike in Kairos where the main characters are normal civillians, so it was harder for them to get info and persuade others or manipulate/utilize media. ps: Kairos best drama!! 😎

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

This is probably a "DUH" nomination from me.

Title : Hospital Playlist 2

Category : Kdrama

Synopsis : Hospital Playlist tells the story of the doctors and nurses of Yulje Medical Centre. It focuses on five doctors who have been friends since they entered medical school in 1999. Season 2 forthcoming in May / June 2021.

Leads: Jo Jung Seok, Yoo Yeon Seok, Kim Dae Myung, Jung Kyung Ho, Jeon Mido 

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

My first pick would be Sweet Home Season 2, if only it is confirmed. :cry:

So I'd say, for now, it is:

Title: That Night

Category: Kdrama

Casts: Kim Soo Hyun and Cha Seung Won

Plot Summary: Kim Hyun-Soo (Kim Soo-Hyun) is an ordinary university student, but he is accused of murder by an overnight mistake. His life descends into a bottomless pit. Shin Joong-Han (Cha Seung-Won) is a third rate lawyer. He barely managed to pass the bar exam. Shin Joong-Han has never been great in anything, but he is the only one who tries to help Kim Hyun-Soo. Since meeting Kim Hyun-Soo, Shin Joong-Han faces a cruel legal system.

• Like 9
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SnowBlob think the one we're expecting quite a bit of buzz is

Jirisan/ Jiri Mountain/ Cliffhanger

(K-drama)

Written by the writer of Signal and Kingdom .

Power casting of : Jun Ji Hyun, Ju Ji Hoon , Oh Jung Se and So Dong Il.

Story revolves around the rangers who save people at the Jiri Mountain National Park

Plot synopsis

Spoiler

Rangers work to save people at Jiri Mountain National Park.

Seo Yi-Gang (Gianna Jun) is the best ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. She knows virtually everything about the area, including where to climb the mountain.

Kang Hyun-Jo (Ju Ji-Hoon) is a rookie ranger at Jiri Mountain National Park. He graduated from the military academy and was once an army captain. He has a secret that he can't tell anyone about.

These two people become partners and they work to save people around Jiri Mountain National Park.

• Like 12
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Drama:  Sisyphus: The Myth

Category: Kdrama

Synopsis:  

A time travel story between a genius engineer Han Tae-Sool (Cho Seung-Woo) and his savior from the future Kang Seo-Hae (Park Shin-Hye).

Han Tae-Sool is a genius engineer and the co-founder of Quantum and Time Company. He is handsome and he produces innovative results. Thanks to his efforts, Quantum and Time has become a world-class enterprise. He is known as a miracle worker and a hero in Korea, but reality is a little different. After his older brother's death 10 years ago, he has exhibited eccentric behavior. The company's stock price has fluctuated accordingly. One day, Han Tae-Sool learns of an unreliable truth behind his brother's death. His dangerous journey begins.

Kang Seo-Hae is an elite warrior. She can take down the biggest men with just her bare hands. She is also a sharpshooter and able to make bombs. She learned these skills to survive in a world that is dominated by gangsters and military cliques. One day, after a long and dangerous journey, she comes to Han Tae-Sool to save him. Go Here for thread

• Like 10
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

The Silent Sea

New-Korean-Dramas-2021-26.jpg

Main cast:

• Gong Yoo as Yoon-jae
  • Bae Doo-na as Ji-an
  • Lee Joon as Tae-seok

The Silent Sea is a mystery sci-fi thriller that follows the story of elite scientists who are on a mission to visit the moon to retrieve mysterious samples from an abandoned research station. The drama is based on the eponymous short film The Sea of Tranquility (2014), directed by Choi Hang-yong.

The drama is set in a future where the planet suffers from a lack of necessities, such as food and water, due to desertification. Yoon-jae (Gong Yoo) is a soldier assigned to the space agency while Ji-an (Bae Doo-na) is his teammate on the same lunar mission.

Korean title: 고요의 바다
Genre: Thriller, mystery, Horror, Sci-fi
Airs: 2021

Source: https://thesmartlocal.com/korea/korean-dramas-2021/

@SnowBlob

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Wow..seems 2021 is full of dramas with ... actors that I like :btsnamjoonlove:  I truly hope they won't air them at the same time~ 

Keep the nominations coming. Hoping for at least 16 nominations per category (or am I deluding myself thinking this is possible? :shocked2:)

Chinese drama lovers, where art thou? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

ahahahah @MayanEcho ..please nominate another Chinese drama...surely you are looking forward to watching not only one right? :Ghastlel: because that drama has been nominated by @NiteWalker although I haven't put it up because she hasn't given any plot or characters yet. Please nominate for us another great upcoming chinese drama :yoongibtspls:

Thank you @SilverMoonTea ~~~ 

@bluepebbles another drama perhaps? wink wink

Hello chingus! @eNDe @multiloverss @purplefin @Just_Me @twinkler0415 @Unnie0110 @LFCouple @Seung-Min Haven't actually talked to any of you but maybe this event will be the start :eeeee: Any upcoming drama in 2021 you'd like to nominate? If you're wondering what this is about..please refer to the first post on this thread~ 

And of course @jeijei and @OsmanthusTea 

Nominate away~~ I'll check back after I wake up tomorrow~

• Like 9
  • Heart Eyes 1

Because C drama usually has unexpected airing date, i can only count on rumors that it would air. Angie’s Changexin is rumored this month. 

The one I’m anticipating this month, would be no surprise because its a drama led by Yibo LOL

“Being a Hero” an anti drug police drama. Stared by Wang Yibo and Chen Xiao. 

This drama is rumored to air Jan 25. I’m really hoping the english sub would not be so hard to find. 

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 3