• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Thank You! 

To everyone who participated during our Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star event.

The winners of our secret badge on this drama thread were @Just_Me, @JenL, and @mademoiselle who had posts with 7 likes! Congrats!

Looking forward to the next episodes of this drama, and reading your thoughts about it!

Thank you so much for the cute badges:wow:..I really appreciate it :taebtsthanks:

(Actually I just found out where to find the badges, haha:laugh:)

9 hours ago, JenL said:

You have a good memory for clues - a real K-drama detective!

Thank you, but actually it's because I rewatch this drama so many times already:laugh:..my memory is as bad Rara too

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Young handsome Man Bok and pretty Sung Ja

(Credit to owner) 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Just_Me Thanks for sharing those new pics. Their stills are always so cute :wow:

@eNDe Oh I hope so! I want them to be happy again!

Someone on one of the forums were asking how many Netflix games did Lee Jae Wook & Go Ara play for Netflix?? I have to say compared to a lot of actors, they've done a lot of stuff for The Swoon....if you include the fact they also played some short games shown only on Instagram and recorded greetings to several Asian countries including Taiwan, Philippines and Thailand.... I'm pretty impressed! I've collected all the videos/ photos in one post below:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/a-collection-of-all-netflix-games-with.html

NifEENv.gif

Also @stroppyse if you have time (and feel ok about it), could I put in a request for a translation of LJW's Fast Talk (like a word association game)? It's 56 seconds long, so hopefully it's not too tedious to translate. Go Ara's one was translated by her fan club (I put the video on the post linked above), but can't find any translations for LJW's so far :thinking:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 11/7/2020 at 11:04 PM, eNDe said:

Go Ara's latest Instagram update has photos of her with "Jeju Air" (the only obvious English I could read haha) signboard at a corner so we can hope to see RaRa and Jun meet in Jeju as per their initial plan hehe. 

Wow you're so detail. Haha I just guessing she's on airport or terminal but didn't notice the sign board at all. Love the idea..but I hope  it happen on next week episodes  and not last minutes of last episode:yoongibtspls:

On 11/7/2020 at 11:22 PM, JenL said:

I have to say compared to a lot of actors, they've done a lot of stuff for The Swoon....if you include the fact they also played some short games shown only on Instagram and recorded greetings to several Asian countries including Taiwan, Philippines and Thailand.... I'm pretty impressed! I've collected all the videos/ photos in one post below:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/a-collection-of-all-netflix-games-with.html

Wow, love this:wow:. This drama deserves all the loves. By the way, do you also collect their interview video released by KBS?

Another post from cast

Most of the cast finished their filming.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

@JenL @Just_Me I just came back from reading so many posts at Soompi still discussing Jun's age...I like that you both contributed to ease those dislikes as best you guys could. I agree that adding Jun's age and his runaway issue are to possibly address a young person coming to Eunpo to heal as well. We can all agree to disagree respectfully so I thought let's keep the main thing of the drama the main thing. Healing through music. 

I really tried my best not to discuss much about this age issue, what's mature, what's legal, what's right because irl, I've experienced enough to know even when we think we know much, there will be an exception in life. When we can't accept an exception, that's when everything we see will turn negative and disappointment. 

In terms of drama, if it's really not working out for you, drop it. I've dropped plenty of dramas. Allowing one detail to turn into negativity bias is just what our brain loves to do anyway. 

In reality, stalkers and personalities like An Jung-ho are more damaging to people around them, whether publicly or within a family. And if Dr Cha's character with burnout syndrome is explored or reveal more, then we may have more mental health discussion that can be addressed. 

And if it's to go a full circle, it is about healing through music. 

Still waiting for the OST from ep 3. to be released :)

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 6
  • Awesome 1

What took them so long to address the age issue? Or it was a repetitive discussion?

I'd like to believe that the writer is very well aware this set-up would attract some negative criticisms. What we see in dramas/movies are very much inspired by real life experiences, a writer shouldn't limit themselves to only write what is appropriate and acceptable by majority of the public/society. I therefore think it is OK to have varieties in character set-up in a story and do not see why we cannot have a story of a character being younger than another and have a loveline. We're not at the end of the drama yet we therefore cannot predict what the writer has in store and what the message she planned to convey; however, I would like to believe she made Jun who he is with very good reasons and it is his journey to not only heal his wound but also for him to figure out his life and growth for this character.

Rara is 24 years old and knows nothing about the world outside of her little bubble thanks to her protective father. On the contrary, Jun is a lot more capable than Rara in survival even though he's 19. That's the contrast I see & focus on, and see the fun in it and I don't want that to be taken away just because it is inappropriate. Note: This is not to say Jun is mature like a true adult because he isn't, otherwise he wouldn't have had to run away from home. It is just that compared to Rara, he is a lot more mature.

At the end of the day, this is just a drama and viewers need to learn to not take it so seriously.

It is understandable that some people might see this as "encouraging" or "promoting" underage-adult dating, so I'm expecting a time-jump so that there is no more age issue between the two. The fact that Jun's character is set to be 19 already is telling that he'll be legal and this issue will be resolved later.

124238139_4891721494179060_3593864081973

On a side note, would it be inappropriate to declare I really like Haraboji? Because he's 85 years old (in real life) I was so worried for him in the last episode watching him running around for Jun/Rara and I was :mad: at Jun's Omma being so rude! How could she!!? Even though it is just in the drama but seeing his character spent overnight at the police station waiting for Jun got me worried if it might be too much for him. :P I really like Haraboji Lee Soon Jae since I got to know him in Grandpa Over Flowers. Is this also consider a crush? :eeeee:

@SilverMoonTea See... not just young blood. Hahahahahahahahaha.

@Just_Me Thanks for the reminder. I really couldn't remember that little detail. Now it is very curious who that dead person is...

@stroppyse @SilverMoonTea Thank you both for the Special badge :jiminbtslove:

I wonder if Go Ara really played the piano? ^ ^

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

@JenL, here is the translation for Fast Talk

LJW caption: Good mood
LJW: I’m in a very happy mood.
LJW caption: Mood is the best

caption: Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol
LJW: I am currently having a lot of fun while filming,
LJW: and I hope the viewers
LJW: are able to sense that as well.

caption: Romantic Comedy
LJW caption: Anticipate it
LJW: Think about it as the two people’s chemistry.
Jun: It’s not as you think!

caption: Sunwoo Jun
LJW: He is hurting very much
LJW caption: Character with secrets
LJW: and he has a lot of secrets as well, this character.
Jun: Jun. Sunwoo Jun.

caption: Super Rookie
LJW captions: [humble] [humble]
LJW: I think that is too extravagant a term.
Editor: Then what kind of a rookie are you?
LJW: Just…
LJW: That is a strange question for you to ask~
Jun: You startled me!

caption: Sweet and Salty Character
LJW caption: Sweet Salty
LJW: Since this is a totally sweet and salty character
LJW: please have fun watching him.
LJW: On Netflix!
LJW caption: Second brew
LJW: Second brew, third brew, Nbrew(?), like that! (means to enjoy it again and again, plus making a joke about N which stands for Netflix, but is also a math joke since N stands for an unnamed quantity)
Jun: Cool

caption: Adult Face
LJW: When I heard that, I didn’t really like it that much.
caption: Felt a little bad
LJW: I was born in 1998!
Jun: Just go to sleep.

caption: Round Mouth
caption and LJW: Round mouth?
LJW: You’re talking about the shape of my mouth?
LJW caption: It’s attractive
Jun: It’s my body, so stop worrying about it.

caption: Dimple
LJW: [When I do this] about 4 of them appear.
Jun: What is going on here?

caption: Life’s Character (meaning the best or most memorable character that he’s played or even might play going forward)
caption: <Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol> Sunwoo Jun
LJW: Might it not be Jun, the character I’m playing right now?
Jun: You’re serious, right?

caption: Netflix
LJW: Just so affectionate,
LJW: Netflix. (he's talking to Netflix as if to a person)
LJW caption: Netflix real fan
LJW: Is this right to do it like this though?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Thanks for posting the tweet @Just_Me. Here is a translation of the caption.

The caption:

#GoAra #LeeJaeWook

Even in the period drama part, they look so good together.

Twinkle twinkle romantic comedy #DoDoSolSolLaLaSol

Every week Wednesday-Thursday night 9:30 pm KBS 2TV broadcast.

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I would like to believe she made Jun who he is with very good reasons and it is his journey to not only heal his wound but also for him to figure out his life and growth for this character.

Rara is 24 years old and knows nothing about the world outside of her little bubble thanks to her protective father. On the contrary, Jun is a lot more capable than Rara in survival even though he's 19. That's the contrast I see & focus on and the fun in it and I don't want that to be taken away just because it is inappropriate. Note: This is not to say Jun is mature like a true adult because he isn't, otherwise he wouldn't have had to run away from home. It is just that compared to Rara, he is a lot more mature.

I totally agree with you on this. As taken aback as I was when the age gap was introduced into the story line, it also helped clarify some things about Jun and why he acted the way that he did. I also think that the writer has plotted this story well and am waiting to see where she goes with it.

Plus, I do think that LL is such a naive soul at the moment, and she needed someone like Jun would be there for her, but also, at least appear as if he's not giving in to her whims just because. Even though we can see that he actually does everything he can for LL.

I can see that Dr. Cha is charmed with LL, but I think he would be the wrong man for her, even though he seems to be the right one for her in terms of age, social standing, and even that they've both been married once before. To be technically correct, since LL was left walking up to the altar and they probably had not registered any marriage documents ahead of time, she didn't really get married, but because it was such a society wedding that a lot of people were aware of, that's why they keep referring to LL having been married.

Anyway, emotionally, I think that LL and Jun are in basically the same situation, and that they both love and rely on each other.

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I really like Haraboji Lee Soon Jae since I got to know him in Grandpa Over Flowers. Is this also consider a crush?

Totally! And, I totally agree with you that LSJ is a very cute haraboji.

• Like 6

Will get back to nice thoughtful posts by everyone in the last day or so this afternoon :BulbaOWO:....just wanted to say I'm both happy and sad that it looks like they've finished filming their last scenes? I assume that's what they're celebrating after my rough Google translate of captions :laugh:

Like happy for them :CharmanderYay:, sad for me because it means the end is not that far :lettalKWA: 

It doesn't always happen, but I feel like I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms for this drama :letalQQ:

• Like 6

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Thanks @stroppyse for the translations!! You are so very quick - Much appreciated!! :CharmanderYay: :hearties: :love: :1000:

I've subbed it for Youtube now too. Soft subs, so make sure to turn on 'CC' > 'English'

On 11/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, Just_Me said:

By the way, do you also collect their interview video released by KBS?

Ooooh which interview videos are you referring to? Are they on Instagram? :thinking:

On 11/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, eNDe said:

@JenL @Just_Me I just came back from reading so many posts at Soompi still discussing Jun's age...I like that you both contributed to ease those dislikes as best you guys could. I agree that adding Jun's age and his runaway issue are to possibly address a young person coming to Eunpo to heal as well. We can all agree to disagree respectfully so I thought let's keep the main thing of the drama the main thing. Healing through music. 

I really tried my best not to discuss much about this age issue, what's mature, what's legal, what's right because irl, I've experienced enough to know even when we think we know much, there will be an exception in life. When we can't accept an exception, that's when everything we see will turn negative and disappointment. 

In terms of drama, if it's really not working out for you, drop it. I've dropped plenty of dramas. Allowing one detail to turn into negativity bias is just what our brain loves to do anyway. 

Haha, Thank you @eNDe. I agree, I can't believe people are still going on about that :PikachuFacePalm:  

I think if you're a new viewer experiencing the shock for the first time, fair enough, but for people who seem to bring it up every time they talk about the drama, it does get a bit old and I wonder if they're absorbing the full story as well as looking at the writer's style (ie. seems to like crazy fun dramatics, so it's their style to throw in a shock factor). Also, I think it's ok to disagree and I do understand their points of view too, but I guess if we keep talking about that one point...we kind of miss out on all the other interesting and fun aspects of this drama....and so many things are happening all the time!! And I think it's worth making an exception for this story because it's fairly innocent anyway, not one of student-seducing-teacher stories or anything like that. There are way worse versions of this scenario in the media out in the world - it seems silly to be upset by this one drama  :laugh: Yeah, it's weird how people still hang onto drama if they're bothered by them! I've dropped other things before too because it wasn't to my taste. This one is my cup of tea though :BulbaOWO::heart:

Hehe...that's why our group here is better :smile::MewGiggle: (No offence intended. I still visit those guys anyway)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JenL said:

Ooooh which interview videos are you referring to? Are they on Instagram? :thinking:

Yeah interviews posted on KBS Instagram as @Just_Me posted above and if I remember correctly, there's 3 parts? Also, there's the press conference too that I watched once w/o sub. haha. I found an IG account that did sub for a small portion: 

-----------------

I wonder if RaRa will find Jun's notebook again while hanging out at his place and if she sees the other photo (Kim Ji Hoon with her), her memory of meeting Jun from way back would arise. :jkbtsthink:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, eNDe said:

I wonder if RaRa will find Jun's notebook again while hanging out at his place and if she sees the other photo (Kim Ji Hoon with her), her memory of meeting Jun from way back would arise

Maybe she will find it by chance. But I wonder how Rara will take it, cause it's mean adding one more secrets that Jun hide from her. His age, his family and their meeting.

Buy since it's Rara i believe she will wait and give chance to explain everything.:heiboi: (me too, waiting for that moment)

• Like 3

Thanks @Just_Me for the stills! And for pointing me to the interviews - I have seen them floating around, yet to have collected them in one post yet though! Thanks @eNDe also for the mini subbed sections! 

Latest mini collections I have made:

1. A collection of all the End-of-Filming celebration photos that have been released by LJW, GA and the crew members:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/instagram-updates-lee-jae-wook-go-ara.html

f5kcycG.jpg

qVc33SD.jpg

@stroppyse Someone was asking what the banner read and I was also curious myself...is it just congratulations or a specific 'Jun/ DDSSLS' message?

2. A collection of the cute Jun and Lala only stills KBS have released (Well, Mimi is included, but no one else :MewGiggle:) These aren't new stills, but I just like looking at all the pictures together in one place. Sharing here in case you do too!

(Also I find these posts always help for people who'll start this drama late (after it finishes airing) when KBS have moved on to their new series.)

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/pictures-favourite-heartfluttery-dol.html

b37aLSG.jpg

• Like 3

qVc33SD.jpg

@JenL, the banner reads as follows:

"The good dream that we had dreamed, we’ll give it to you as a present.
Our "Jjin Nae", let’s only walk on happy dreamy roads."

So, I put the words "Jjin Nae" in parentheses because I think that may be a nickname for LJW, especially in combination with the word "Our" since that is a term of endearment and affection. This is speculation, but the word "jjin" can mean very or intense, and the second half of that term "nae" could be similar to the second half of mak-nae, meaning youngest.  However, LJW's fan club may have more info about nicknames and such.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1