• Others, you can share more in thread
  3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

So much happened in just this one episode. The plot move in a very unexpected direction. 

- really love seeing the support that Haraboji and Dr.Cha gave to Jun and Lala respectively. 

- when Jun was shocked at the thought of maybe killing someone, Haraboji very assertively took charge of the situation. 

- the stalker said that Lala even came there to see him? Does it mean he is Twinkle? 😱 but I am still skeptical though. Somehow I think the death of Lala’s father secretary was a bit random. I think there’s much more to who called Lala over to the town. The town must’ve had some kind of special meaning for Lala. Was it ever mentioned if it could be her mother’s hometown? Twinkle is Dad, who actually didn’t die but trying to rebuild his ventures in secret? 

- love how fierce HY is when Jun’s mom came over. I know it’s not commendable for teenagers to not show respect for the elderly, but I like it that she is guarding Lala. 

- shouldn’t have been surprised Jun’s Dad made appearance. He must’ve his wife followed. The real enemy it seems not Jun’s mom but his dad.

Anyway, the MVP of this episode for me is Seung Gi. And in the preview we see that these two teenagers are meddlesome enough to go into action for the sake of Lala and Jun. Love these two high-schoolers. 

One rant though, was it necessary for the police to put Jun in handcuffs?!! I mean, they found unconscious and tied up Lala at the scene, why couldn’t they just bring Jun in for questioning sans handcuffs?? This part irked me so much. 

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

40 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Somehow I think the death of Lala’s father secretary was a bit random. I think there’s much more to who called Lala over to the town. The town must’ve had some kind of special meaning for Lala. Was it ever mentioned if it could be her mother’s hometown? Twinkle is Dad, who actually didn’t die but trying to rebuild his ventures in secret?

Wait, Secretary Moon died? Isn't he still alive? 

On 2nd episode, Lala told Jun that she simply come to Eunpo because she want to meet Twinkle after lost her apartment and have nowhere to go. His funeral never shown and Rara didn't attend it too because Secretary Moon told her to stay low from debtor. So maybe there's possibilities that Rara dad still alive. But never mentioned about Eunpo being her mom hometown. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

Wait, Secretary Moon died? Isn't he still alive? 

Ah! My bad!! Why did I remember him being in an accident after his boating 🤦🏻‍♀️ Must be the ominous music playing in the background 😆 Mian-mian!!

So I went to rewatch that part in episode 3. I just realized that whole thing of him on the yacht is just a played out scenario as narrated by HY’s mother? So we actually have not seen him again since the funeral when he handed Lala the money?

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ah! My bad!! Why did I remember him being in an accident after his boating 🤦🏻‍♀️ Must be the ominous music playing in the background 😆 Mian-mian!!

So I went to rewatch that part in episode 3. I just realized that whole thing of him on the yacht is just a played out scenario as narrated by HY’s mother? So we actually have not seen him again since the funeral when he handed Lala the money?

But I think that he on yacht is really happened and not part of TDW ahjumas scenario..I bet he got something to do with Rara dad company bankruptcy. 

• Like 7

What I love most out of episode 10 is how we get to see the great teamwork and trust between Seung-gi and Ha-young.  They showed us, and especially those who judge others based on their age, that they are more capable and mature than most adults around them handling the situation. They responded instead of react. Also, they were so hilarious recalling how they came to think Jun was older than them. Looking at the preview for next week, I can't wait to see them in action again while our main leads sort of need to take a back seat for bit. 

As for RaRa and Jun, it's inevitable for them to face the truths and we rather they had it now then later, for me especially removing the stalker out of the picture, but what's really important is that they have many genuine, caring people who got their backs. Therefore while Jun has to sort things out with his family and going back to RaRa, I'm so glad that RaRa has a place to call home with the Eunpo townspeople. Sometimes, such a bright person like her could suffer the most in this situation and to think how did she cope alone when her father died suddenly. Perhaps, we will also see some light on what really happened to her father's company and the secretary. 

Question though, at one point the stalker said to RaRa that he was the reason she moved to Eunpo, does that mean he is clearly DDSSLLS? (ignore this if someone has reply this before my post) 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

the recent picture of them was discussed in press con too, the picture was charming and charismatic and showed their height difference, eventhough its just them thumbs up! So lucky we can see the picture too.. 

There's someone said that he looks drunk on this picture:laugh: and Ara did said about JW being cute when he got drunk on their first meeting. 

2 minutes ago, eNDe said:

to RaRa that he was the reason she moved to Eunpo, does that mean he is clearly DDSSLLS? (ignore this if someone has reply this before my post) 

it's maybe another misleading clues ( or I do hope it's really that case) but could it be that the Stalker misunderstand what Rara said to him when they met at cafe on the day Rara supposed to meet Twinkle.? Maybe i'll watch earlier episodes to find if I miss something while waiting for next episode :cool:

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Only just finished watching this episode!! So much happened so it was interesting and exciting and so. full. of. angst :lettalKWA:

I just wanted him to be able to tell her the truth :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ:

Episode 10

- I have to say I was glad they started with the happy scene with the meal with everyone or I would have been so super sad! 

- Man, that stalker was clearly crazy and deluded :lettalKWA: Although him telling Rara she came to Eunpo to see him feels like we can't rule him out in the running to be DDSSLLS. Though I doubt he'd be able to send her a fancy piano. Still this drama is written in a clever way that you don't feel like you can completely rule out anyone from the suspect list!!

- I really loved that everyone just assumed that Jun was older....so really he didn't lie to everyone....unfortunately the one person he lied to directly was Lala though. Watching her process the emotions hurt a lot! :PiplupCry: (But hilariously, once again, Lee Jae Wook being told he has a mature face! Both on screen in character and off screen)

- Mimi's responses to Jun's mum was so cute. Hahaha all that cued smiling....Mimi, my only ray of sunshine in this angst-filled episode :heart:

-Oh God Jun's mum hearing second hand gossip from the TWD ladies....I was like nooooooooo....I love those aunties, but it was like they were giving her the wrong bits of information!! It was the first time I was like, "Shut uppppp!!!" :poliWeird:

-Thank God for HY and SK this episode. I loved that they tried so hard to protect both Lala and Jun, even though they were mad at Jun for not revealing his age. I liked that they wanted to respect Jun's decision to tell Lala himself, but other things got in the way. I also liked that they stood up to Jun's mum and it looks like in the previews they're going to try to break into Jun's house to try to reach him. :wow2: I wonder if his dad has really hurt him or if Jun has hatched another plan to escape.

-Although it was an intense episode, the humour was so good. I was dead from laughing when Jun's mum saw the thug and came in to talk to him and the hairdresser asked the thug "ARE YOU A GIGOLO?" :lol: :laugh: And I also loved that everyone, literally everyone has assumed Jun's mum is having an affair. For someone who cares about her image, she's not doing a good job of protecting it, that's for sure!

- It was devastating for Rara to find out about Jun's age and identity from the thug. I think because it was so crassly said, and just dropped onto her soon after she woke up. I read someone's opinion on another thread where they said Lala helped Jun's mum to capture him and I disagree - I think she was sad and confused and possibly mad, but I don't think she handed him over to his mum  - It was more that Jun's mum found her and she wasn't going to escape his mum, so she complied with her demands. Also, Lala would want to do the right thing, but I felt like she would have wanted to hear from Jun first. It just couldn't happen though.:PikachuFacePalm::letalQQ:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 minutes ago, JenL said:

Oh God Jun's mum hearing second hand gossip from the TWD ladies....I was like nooooooooo....I love those aunties, but it was like they were giving her the wrong bits of information!! It was the first time I was like, "Shut uppppp!!!" 

IKR! Reminded me why I usually cannot tolerate such aunties irl. 

5 minutes ago, JenL said:

It was devastating for Rara to find out about Jun's age and identity from the thug. I think because it was so crassly said, and just dropped onto her soon after she woke up. I read someone's opinion on another thread where they said Lala helped Jun's mum to capture him and I disagree - I think she was sad and confused and possibly mad, but I don't think she handed him over to his mum  - It was more that Jun's mum found her and she wasn't going to escape his mum, so she complied with her demands. Also, Lala would want to do the right thing, but I felt like she would have wanted to hear from Jun first. It just couldn't happen though.

Yeah, no way she would do that to Jun, deep down, she knows he's a good person. She's given a situation she cannot be the good guy no matter what she choose. Either way, she will ask herself (or others to her/ behind her back) if she had done the right thing. Also, it's asking a lot from someone who just went through a traumatic experience with a stalker. I remember the scene when RaRa just woke up, the first thing she said and the tone of her scared and concerned voice for what happened to her and what could have happened to Jun that she didn't witnessed. The memory of episode 2 of Jun being by her side taking care of her in contrast to episode 10, alone in the hospital. My heart was heavy for her situation and applauded her for being so brave to stand up, look for him and still manage to calm down, talk with Dr Cha and being kind to him. Even when Jun's parents were in control of the entire situation, at the dock, she probably could only control one thing, her own emotions, not to make things worse that it already has transpire. To me, it's the way Jun's parents handle things that were the cause and effect of that moment. 

• Like 6

@JenL Btw the original telepathy quiz and the swoon translation, looked a bit different? I'm pretty sure in the original, there is some mentioning about sunbaenim. And in the beginning they were quite matching with the answer. I thought I was daydreaming, but when I checked again its indeed different. 

And now I'm so excited to wait for the Jenga... 

Btw, I will come back later after watching ep 9/10 lols. I'm still behind, will back reading all the comments and join conversation soon... :duckhearts:

• Like 7

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

- really love seeing the support that Haraboji and Dr.Cha gave to Jun and Lala respectively. 

- when Jun was shocked at the thought of maybe killing someone, Haraboji very assertively took charge of the situation. 

Yes, I thought it was very sweet that they both guided these two. I love that even though Dr Cha could have said something, in the end I think he realised it was important for Jun to tell Lala in his own time :BulbaOWO:

- the stalker said that Lala even came there to see him? Does it mean he is Twinkle? 😱 but I am still skeptical though. Somehow I think the death of Lala’s father secretary was a bit random. I think there’s much more to who called Lala over to the town. The town must’ve had some kind of special meaning for Lala. Was it ever mentioned if it could be her mother’s hometown? Twinkle is Dad, who actually didn’t die but trying to rebuild his ventures in secret? 

Is the body that washed up the father's secretary? Yeah, I agree with @Just_Me, I don't think so unless I missed a bit? :thinking:

Because he was found with Jun's ID card. And Jun would have lost that ages ago before he met Lala. And the secretary only came into money and was enjoying his yacht after Lala's cancelled wedding? So the timelines don't match...? I think the body has something to with the the stalker to be honest since the police said they were investigating other crimes relating to him. 

- shouldn’t have been surprised Jun’s Dad made appearance. He must’ve his wife followed. The real enemy it seems not Jun’s mom but his dad.

Anyway, the MVP of this episode for me is Seung Gi. And in the preview we see that these two teenagers are meddlesome enough to go into action for the sake of Lala and Jun. Love these two high-schoolers. 

Jun's dad is the worse one by far. He seems so abusive to his family. If Jun's mum wasn't so caught up in the gossip with the TWD ladies and so pretentious and looking down on people, I think she would agree to also wanting a divorce :laugh: But I don't think Jun's mum is great either. She's a total snob, looking down on everyone, threatening the world because she can't control her family and throwing money everywhere as a show of power. I'd cut her off too if she was my mum honestly :HaunterOK:

In contrast, those teenagers have much more maturity when it comes to emotional intelligence, than Jun's parents. I think they're both so empathetic and protective towards the people they care about that I don't know who wouldn't have a soft spot for them :wow:

7 hours ago, Just_Me said:

His funeral never shown and Rara didn't attend it too because Secretary Moon told her to stay low from debtor. So maybe there's possibilities that Rara dad still alive.  

Yep, it is possible that Twinkle could be her father or the piano teacher. But if it's the father, it seems a bit weird because I thought Twinkle's messages to Lala started even before the father's "death" (if he faked it). Soooo it would seem a bit strange if he was acting as her Instagram fan while he was alive and still living in the same house as her? But they were close, so I wouldn't rule it out either :MonkaTang:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Omg I just started on the newest episode - what's with the K-BBQ bit?!

I die every episode when they show the food scenes. I think they focus on one food per episode. So far we've had K-BBQ, Ramen, Gimbap, cookies, salad....There's more, but I will be sooo hungry if I think too much about it :SquirtleNiceAhah:

1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

But I think that he on yacht is really happened and not part of TDW ahjumas scenario..I bet he got something to do with Rara dad company bankruptcy. 

Yes, that scene was "real" - it's a running gag in this series that Lala's life is exactly the same as the drama that the salon ladies watch called "The Great Traitor." They said it's always the secretary that is a traitor and runs off with the money. And then they cleverly juxtaposed that with Lala's father's scenario. I wonder if all this will have something to do with the stalker and the dodgy company he worked for Goods & Goods(that Jun did an interview at) :ChikoWTF:

1 hour ago, eNDe said:

As for RaRa and Jun, it's inevitable for them to face the truths and we rather they had it now then later, for me especially removing the stalker out of the picture, but what's really important is that they have many genuine, caring people who got their backs. Therefore while Jun has to sort things out with his family and going back to RaRa, I'm so glad that RaRa has a place to call home with the Eunpo townspeople. Sometimes, such a bright person like her could suffer the most in this situation and to think how did she cope alone when her father died suddenly. Perhaps, we will also see some light on what really happened to her father's company and the secretary. 

I agree! I feel like getting the age-lie angst out of the way altogether with the stalker helps to clear the path to resolve other issues like Jun's crazy family and Lala's father's company and the body on the shore and DDSSLLS's identity. And while things are tough, I think you're so right that it's lucky these two have such a wonderful community supporting them - especially this episode and the next :hearties:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, JenL said:

I wonder if his dad has really hurt him or if Jun has hatched another plan to escape.

You mean the scene in preview where Jun is brought into ambulance? At first I do think that Jun pull a trick to his mom so he could runaway again but then I remember the scene about Grandpa concern about Jun that get nosebleed often. (It means other than times caused by Rara, Jun got nosebleed too).  

Anyone here have watch Korean movie titled Daddy Long legs stared Ha Ji Won? I hope the story won't go there:cry:

21 minutes ago, JenL said:

Is the body that washed up the father's secretary? I don't think so unless I missed a bit? 

I think the body is belong to a pickpocket that stole Jun's wallet and (maybe) the Stalker watch (remember someone in Rara dream before she wake up after accident, it's shown a man wearing a watch and shoes, later on we know the shoe belong to Stalker so I thought the watch belong to him tool. So maybe Jun and Stalker arrived at Eunpo on same day. AHH, I want to insert some pictures so I can explain better but I am so 'analog':jinbtscry:. Sorry hahaha

• Like 6
12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

20201106-200101.jpg

I think you might have got too excited with the shipping :P (Not that I blame you) Kim Jae Wook is different to Lee Jae Wook (He's the coffee Prince side character, Her Private Life main guy) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenL Btw the original telepathy quiz and the swoon translation, looked a bit different? I'm pretty sure in the original, there is some mentioning about sunbaenim. And in the beginning they were quite matching with the answer. I thought I was daydreaming, but when I checked again its indeed different. 

And now I'm so excited to wait for the Jenga... 

Btw, I will come back later after watching ep 9/10 lols. I'm still behind, will back reading all the comments and join conversation soon... :duckhearts:

Yep, it's definitely different! I think someone else here mentioned it too so I had a look and the questions are different. I think @stroppyse said she might translate the telepathy quiz posted on Netflix Korea if she has time and The Swoon don't do it as it has many funny moments in it (I don't think The Swoon will do it since they already have one version up...They seem to go for variety). I'm happy to sub if she does.

Hahaha @SilverMoonTea oh nooo you're behind! I'll try not to post as much so you don't have so much reading to do here :MewGiggle:

9 hours ago, eNDe said:

IKR! Reminded me why I usually cannot tolerate such aunties irl. 

Yeah, no way she would do that to Jun, deep down, she knows he's a good person. She's given a situation she cannot be the good guy no matter what she choose. Either way, she will ask herself (or others to her/ behind her back) if she had done the right thing. Also, it's asking a lot from someone who just went through a traumatic experience with a stalker. I remember the scene when RaRa just woke up, the first thing she said and the tone of her scared and concerned voice for what happened to her and what could have happened to Jun that she didn't witnessed. The memory of episode 2 of Jun being by her side taking care of her in contrast to episode 10, alone in the hospital. My heart was heavy for her situation and applauded her for being so brave to stand up, look for him and still manage to calm down, talk with Dr Cha and being kind to him. Even when Jun's parents were in control of the entire situation, at the dock, she probably could only control one thing, her own emotions, not to make things worse that it already has transpire. To me, it's the way Jun's parents handle things that were the cause and effect of that moment. 

Hahaha the aunties are charming, but not when you need to keep secrets!

I totally agree - she would have been so distressed having gone through a traumatic experience and wondering if Jun was alright. Also yes! The contrast of her being in hospital in Episode 2 and Episode 10 was so sad :letalQQ: Although luckily she knows more people now. Still Jun always took special care of her and now she's in so much turmoil. Yep, I think the parents were the ones who dictated the situation. Lala is probably trying to get her emotions under control as she still loves Jun, but now it's such a conflicted emotion and she can't control what happens to him :PiplupCry:

9 hours ago, Just_Me said:

You mean the scene in preview where Jun is brought into ambulance? At first I do think that Jun pull a trick to his mom so he could runaway again but then I remember the scene about Grandpa concern about Jun that get nosebleed often. (It means other than times caused by Rara, Jun got nosebleed too).  

I think the body is belong to a pickpocket that stole Jun's wallet and (maybe) the Stalker watch (remember someone in Rara dream before she wake up after accident, it's shown a man wearing a watch and shoes, later on we know the shoe belong to Stalker so I thought the watch belong to him tool. So maybe Jun and Stalker arrived at Eunpo on same day. 

Oh yeah, the nosebleeds were random, so I wonder if there's a bigger story behind them :lettalKWA:

Ahhh, I have no memory. Maybe I need to re-watch. Episode 1 or 2?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Bwahaha youre right i must be dreaming... let me edit... my eyes got problem...

Hahaha. I feel bad for bursting your bubble...so I'll feed the crumbs to your little shipper heart :laugh: 

(Technically not a 'shipper' myself, but I do really love Go Ara & LJW's natural chemistry whenever I see them banter outside of the drama. Actors that have this kind of chemistry translate well to their dramas!)

Technically you're not wrong @SilverMoonTea. In a past interview,  LJW said:

DMLInoT.gif

9ild3sr.gif

Nickname he gives to Go-Ara:

lykmRGi.jpg

I'll even throw in an extra gif for you...I feel like @mademoiselle  & @abs-oluteM are going to scold me for feeding you shipping junk food  :laugh:

(I just hate disappointing people! :MewGiggle:)

WRzER5C.gif

'Positive person' being their 'ideal type' is such an actor response - A bit like when actors say they are 'too focused on work' to date :MonkaTang: But hungry shippers will still bite :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, JenL said:

'Positive person' being their 'ideal type' is such an actor response - A bit like when actors say they are 'too focused on work' to date. But hungry shippers will still bite 

:laugh: I was going to respond who in their right mind would say "I like negative person" if not positive :lol: That's a pretty standard response. @SilverMoonTea Kim Jae Wook / Lee Jae Wook - I can't blame you. I had found some LJW's pics in my KJW's folder once. The eyes & minds play tricks.

About the stalker, there was another phone found. I am therefore speculating the body that got washed up the shore might be his work. But I don't know how to explain how Jun's ID card was there... for now I'll explain it as because when Jun was fighting the scam thuds that he dropped his wallet and stalker picked it up.

I kind of am glad that the separation is caused by Jun being forcifully taken home by his parents not because of some noble idiocy (let's hope there's none for the rest of the episodes too).

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
44 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

About the stalker, there was another phone found. I am therefore speculating the body that got washed up the shore might be his work. But I don't know how to explain how Jun's ID card was there... for now I'll explain it as because when Jun was fighting the scam thuds that he dropped his wallet and stalker picked it up.

Jun lost his wallet on his first day arrived at Eunpo bus terminal. The body found maybe the one that pickpocket him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2
5 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I hope your memory is not as bad as Rara memory (she forget that she already met someone as handsome as Jun, it means her memory is pretty bad:laugh:)

Episode 2. 

Hahaha, @Just_Me my memory is probably worse than Rara's  :laugh: How could she forget Jun? (He was in a school uniform tho :P) Ok, Thanks! I'll re-watch to see if I can suss out any theories!

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Thank You! 

To everyone who participated during our Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star event.

The winners of our secret badge on this drama thread were @Just_Me, @JenL, and @mademoiselle who had posts with 7 likes! Congrats!

Looking forward to the next episodes of this drama, and reading your thoughts about it!

Thank youuuuuu @stroppyse @Tofu @SilverMoonTea and whoever else organised this event...I love my new Jun + Lala badge. Really appreciate all your effort in making the badges, doing the podcast and promoting the thread :) 

:wow::BulbaOWO::hearties::heart:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I was going to respond who in their right mind would say "I like negative person" if not positive :lol: That's a pretty standard response.

Hahaha, I agree...  when anyone is asked that "ideal type" question, people will generally say a good trait, like "kind" or "cute" or "active" (No one would say mean, ugly and lazy either.) So can't really fault LJW on giving this type of answer - "Positive" is a fairly nice, neutral answer (not based on looks or ability etc) and wouldn't be a lie :cool:  I think no one is ever really good at describing their ideal type and everyone always picks vague words that give no real insight, unless it's something really specific about the looks they like ("Has long, blonde hair and 5'1 in height")  or their own quirks ("Puts up with my sulking when hungry")....but no K-drama actor will ever give you that much image-destroying information into their lives :laugh:

3 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Jun lost his wallet on his first day arrived at Eunpo bus terminal. The body found maybe the one that pickpocket him. 

Oh yeah that's right...he didn't want to report it to the police station. Makes sense his ID would have been in his wallet.

You have a good memory for clues - a real K-drama detective! :PikaSwag:

• Like 7