• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@JenL, the banner reads as follows:

"The good dream that we had dreamed, we’ll give it to you as a present.
Our "Jjin Nae", let’s only walk on happy dreamy roads."

So, I put the words "Jjin Nae" in parentheses because I think that may be a nickname for LJW, especially in combination with the word "Our" since that is a term of endearment and affection. This is speculation, but the word "jjin" can mean very or intense, and the second half of that term "nae" could be similar to the second half of mak-nae, meaning youngest.  However, LJW's fan club may have more info about nicknames and such.

Thanks @stroppyse for the lovely translations and explanation :CharmanderYay::BulbaOWO::hearties:

That's such a nice personalised message that they put on the banner! I was seriously just expecting it to say congrats on end of filming :laugh: Both LJW and GA seemed really close to the crew and it looks like they would hang out with them outside of filming quite a bit when you look at those crew member's photos. It was sweet on them to get him the wine he wanted too :fam:

• Like 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL Thank you for taking the time to compile these collections of stills and photos! I also like the many funny scenes of this show which I think would be an abundance to compile haha. And of course scenes of RaRa playing piano because she really is the heart of the show...she always play for others first.

There's so much charm and happenings in the show that's packed with loads of positivity that I hope the sadness of episode 10 ending will move quickly too. Yay one more day to go for episode 11! :hearties: 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
5 hours ago, eNDe said:

There's so much charm and happenings in the show that's packed with loads of positivity that I hope the sadness of episode 10 ending will move quickly too. Yay one more day to go for episode 11! :hearties: 

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be a k-drama without some angst, and I have a feeling that Jun is more than capable of causing hearts to be heavy. However, I have faith that this drama will have a suitable ending that won't leave us crying and wanting to throw things. :duckhearts:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
10 hours ago, eNDe said:

There's so much charm and happenings in the show that's packed with loads of positivity that I hope the sadness of episode 10 ending will move quickly too. Yay one more day to go for episode 11

That's what I love about this drama. I enjoy every scenes that one hour pass so fast. Recently I do really like one drama (after long time) but I drop it almost at the end of it (maybe at 13th ep) because I feel so

emotionally tired. But this drama, even there's angst moments I don't mind at all. I love this drama and all characters even Jun's Mom. :BulbaOWO:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
7 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Pre-release tonight ep: 

Another Rara-Jun as Young Manbok-SungJa featuring Jin Sook-Kyeong

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHbcKtgJq09/?igshid=1hkosgyu3zcua

I have to say that I do rather love the scenes where Jun and LL become the younger versions of Grandpa and his wife. There is just something so sweet about it.

And, I am totally tearing up, in a good way, at the thought of Grandpa learning to play this piece of music in memory of his wife.

This drama is definitely my de-stress happy place, so I hope they keep the angst down to a minimum. Anyway, it'll be DDSSLLS time soon!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

@Just_Me @stroppyse I agree with you both. I just feel soooo happy watching this drama!:CharmanderYay::hearties:  

It's like the perfect combination of feel-good things - food, pets, gardening, community & friendships, shopping, a bit of mystery and suspense, a lot of humour and some cute, cute romance! :BulbaOWO::heart: Lately, it's been my go to happy place when it's been a tough week...what am I going to do in a few weeks time when it ends?? :letalQQ:Oh well, I'll try not to think too much about it!

For now it's a Wednesday and that means DDSSLS:

auIM91F.gif

By the way @stroppyse I shared your podcast today on a few other DDSSLS forums that I drop into once awhile and people were happy because there were a few people looking for discussions but couldn't find any since this drama is kind of underrated. yay, new listeners :CharmanderYay:

@eNDe I think this is the OST you might be looking for. I say this every week :laugh: but they showed a clip this time which looked like your picture with Lala crying and Jun riding towards her on the bike. I've updated my OST list to include the cover: 

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/ost-doldolsolsollalasol.html

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

8 hours ago, JenL said:

By the way @stroppyse I shared your podcast today on a few other DDSSLS forums that I drop into once awhile and people were happy because there were a few people looking for discussions but couldn't find any since this drama is kind of underrated. yay, new listeners 

Thank you! @Tofu and I are just spazzing mostly on that podcast, but I think our affection for this drama is genuine. :love:  And, new listeners is always welcome. Even more so if they come and join our discussion here.

Not thinking right now about the future when the drama ends. Too busy just enjoying it while I can. Can't wait to get off work, go home, and watch the latest episode!

• Like 3

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH! This is why you should never watch previews before watching the episode! Even though I break that rule all the time.

The rest in the spoiler because it's a spoiler.

Spoiler

Just saw a clip of the ending scene and epilogue. So, it's so cute and fantastic that HY and SK helps Jun to escape from his mother and go see LL!

However, then I saw the preview where Jun goes back to his family because LL wants him to. Then Jun's mother goes to see LL and asks her to persuade Jun to follow his rightful path, and LL does! So, there is going to be noble idiocy on LL's part next episode, and it's probably going to be the cliff hanger that it ends on!

On the one hand, I'm hoping that the writer can make even this tired old trope of noble idiocy different and interesting to watch rather than just frustrating. Failing that, I'm just hoping that it doesn't drag out in any way. The writer is really testing my faith in her story telling abilities now!

The good part is that I'm still looking forward to watching today's and tomorrow's episodes since the other characters' stories will progress and probably be fantastic.

• Like 3

The last few days were really crazy for me so I finally was able to finish episode 10 from last week and episode 11 from today. :cool:

At the ending of episode 10 (beginning of episode 11), I was a little bit disappointed to find out that Jun's mom being at the dock was not because LaLa called her. Before we see that Jun's mom overheard the conversation LaLa had with Jun, I thought it was really commendable of LaLa to notify them of Jun's location. I thought that scene was LaLa telling Jun that he can't always run away from his problems. It didn't turn out as I imagined, but it does seem like we might get that in episode 12 and a possible time jump too. 

I really enjoyed the focus on Grandma for today's episode. His love story with his wife is so heartbreakingly beautiful. I can't believe the person told her the wrong café! I'm glad that they were able to find each other again. His recital was the cutest too! I wonder if they are going to be using Grandpa's story to foreshadow Jun's and LaLa's? Nevertheless, I loved that they had Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook playing them. 

spacer.png

I appreciate the reconciliation between LaLa and her friend. I think when you are going through tough times, it's hard to help your friends/family who are also struggling too. I'm glad that her friend shared what she was going through (her mom being ill and her brother passing away in an accident) at that time with LaLa. From this, LaLa learned that she met Jun before her wedding. Yay! 

These scenes of LaLa were really heartbreaking today -- her regret to her recognition of how much she misses Jun. 

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

Random, but I was kind of offended by this scene in episode 10. What did the tofu do to you?! :letalQQ:

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Actually stayed up to watch the episode so I think I may be one of the first to talk about this episode rather than the last yay! 

Spoilers, so watch first before reading.

Episode 10

- For an episode where Lala and Jun are meant to be separated and sad, I found this episode quite heartfluttery! :heart: 

I will say it's probably because they got Lala and Jun to play young grandpa and his wife which was a very good choice, whether it was written in the script or the Director's idea. Lala and Jun looked so adorable in their period costumes.

-Grandpa's love story with bittersweet separations is pretty cute. And I think it's comforting for Lala to hear this story and what he said about still knowing Jun's character even if she didn't know his background :1000: .That scene where they meet at night by the wall  was so perfect :wow: And the kiss in this episode was more passionate too :BulbaOWO::hearties: Probably because Jun is meant to be more of an adult in this story. There's also a lot of mirroring in Grandpa's story with Lala and Jun's in terms of a separation (Haha I can't believe grandpa did that noble idiocy move and wanted his wife to go with the nice rich guy, who was of coursed played by Dr Cha). But it's comforting to know that Grandpa's love story had a happy ending in his youth, so it's likely to reflect on Lala and Jun. :CharmanderYay:

-There was a mini time jump this episode - 1 month, which I thought was a good amount of torture time since that's long enough to still remember the feelings, but short enough for the story to still flow well. Guessing from the preview there will be a bigger time jump after next ep. :thinking:

- Loved the gangster this episode. Haha, he soooo has it bad for the hairdresser. I laughed when he was sad that the hairdresser's type was that softie (Dr Cha). And I loved the TWD ladies again this ep - teasing their friend and getting all the gossip from the gangster :laugh: I also liked that they acknowledged the damage they did with Jun's mum (unknowingly)

-Lala is so hungry when depressed, which I totally understand. Eating away your feelings is so real :PiplupCry::mood: I'm pretty sure we've covered all the Korean foods by now too since I could remember mandu this episode.

-Hehe truer words have never been spoken when SK said "Wifi is like oxygen to us" :SquirtleSquadCool:

-Wow, another plot twist! Lala's friend was Jun's friend's older sister! So they're both super super connected. I can see why Lala might be mad because it would feel like Jun knew so much about her, but he wouldn't even tell her the slightest about his life and troubles. I think Lala isn't creeped out by his age, but she just wanted to be able to make up her own mind about if she could like him and she wanted to be a rock to him the way he was to her. :hearties:

- Was it me, or did Jun play 'Can't Help Falling in Love' -that Elvis song?

-Hy's attitude to protect Lala and beat up Jun was so cute! I think Jun's appeal as a cool older guy has disappeared to HY! SK is now secretly in her heart! And how can he not be when he declaring himself "The Flying squirrel of Eunpo" trying to scale those walls for Jun? :smile: Alsoooo....he made the biggest sacrifice for Jun at the end of the Episode!! I laughed at his fear of Jun's mum and Jun saying "Be Brave my friend!" :laugh::laugh::laugh: I love SK and Jun's bromance!!!

-The maiden's prayer was sooo meaningful- it was the song that brought them back together again. And it was the song his wife held onto all those years - even when she couldn't control her memories, she refused to let go of that song because it was symbolic of their ever-lasting love. :MewHi::heart:

-Finally, I loved that there was a reunion :wow: even if (from the trailers) it looks temporary. And the feelings when they saw each other again felt so deep. Maybe I just really like torture, but when Jun was so pained trying to write a letter to Lala, it really touched me. And I thought it was so lovely that when he was stuck with words, he spoke to her through music, her real language. I loved that you knew there would be a reunion from the start of the episode too. Man, I just love this drama. :BulbaOWO:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, there is going to be noble idiocy on LL's part next episode, and it's probably going to be the cliff hanger that it ends on!

I just thought the same:letalQQ:..but I hope the preview misleading us like always.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Random, but I was kind of offended by this scene in episode 10. What did the tofu do to you?! 

Haha sorry for laugh but is it because you're @Tofu too?

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

From this, LaLa learned that she met Jun before her wedding. Yay! 

I think this was not their first meeting either. Remember the epilogue scene where she meet Stalker for first time then realize she lost her wallet on cafe when she want to pay? You can see a glimpse of Jun standing beside her

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Loved the gangster this episode. Haha, he soooo has it bad for the hairdresser.

Haha, he even always use shirt that has same colour with the hairdresser..omg I didn't see this coming..this love triangle:laugh:

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Was it me, or did Jun play 'Can't Help Falling in Love' -that Elvis song?

Fun fact: the melodies for Elvis song actually based on Pleasure of Love by Martini (piano piece Jun play for Rara)

And here popular lyrics of the Pleasure of Love (I think it's describe the episode also Jun and Rara's feeling )

The joys of love are but a moment long
The pain of love endures the whole life long

Your eyes kissed mine, I saw the love in them shine
You brought me heaven right then when your eyes kissed mine.

My love loves me, and all thy wonders I see
The rainbow shines in my window, my love loves me

And now he's gone like a dream that fades into dawn
But the words stay locked in my heartstrings, my love loves me

(Source : Wikipedia)

--- Jun wrote a letter for Rara, like Grandpa wrote one for Sungja that unfortunately can't read cause their separation for long and thanks to the Maiden's Prayer they got their reunion. Thankfully even Jun wrote the music sheet of Pleasure of Love and not mere words but Rara can understand it how Jun feeling right away. 

By the way, there's a reason Jun is top students. His memory must be that good..he wrote the music notes just by his memory:BulbaOWO:..

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, JenL said:

- Loved the gangster this episode. Haha, he soooo has it bad for the hairdresser. I laughed when he was sad that the hairdresser's type was that softie (Dr Cha). And I loved the TWD ladies again this ep - teasing their friend and getting all the gossip from the gangster :laugh: I also liked that they acknowledged the damage they did with Jun's mum (unknowingly)

-Hy's attitude to protect Lala and beat up Jun was so cute! I think Jun's appeal as a cool older guy has disappeared to HY! SK is now secretly in her heart! And how can he not be when he declaring himself "The Flying squirrel of Eunpo" trying to scale those walls for Jun? :smile: Alsoooo....he made the biggest sacrifice for Jun at the end of the Episode!! I laughed at his fear of Jun's mum and Jun saying "Be Brave my friend!" :laugh::laugh::laugh: I love SK and Jun's bromance!!!

I actually liked how the gangster is becoming part of the TWD ladies because he's into gossiping too. I thought it was pretty funny when they had him telling the conclusion to the man that washed up on the shore. Haha!

Ha Young and Seung Ki were really impressive the last two episodes. I need to move to Eunpo to make friends like them. I love how considerate they were of LaLa as well as Seung Ki's (almost) willingness to help Jun escape from the hospital. Haha!

42 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

Haha sorry for laugh but is it because you're @Tofu too?

--- Jun wrote a letter for Rara, like Grandpa wrote one for Sungja that unfortunately can't read cause their separation for long and thanks to the Maiden's Prayer they got their reunion. Thankfully even Jun wrote the music sheet of Pleasure of Love and not mere words but Rara can understand it how Jun feeling right away. 

By the way, there's a reason Jun is top students. His memory must be that good..he wrote the music notes just by his memory:BulbaOWO:..

Hahaha! Yes, because my name is Tofu. :laugh:

That's actually a great point! I didn't think of that. Sung Ja could not read/write so their connection was through Maiden's Prayer. Jun can read/write but music is LaLa's language. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I really enjoyed the focus on Grandma for today's episode. His love story with his wife is so heartbreakingly beautiful. I can't believe the person told her the wrong café! I'm glad that they were able to find each other again. His recital was the cutest too! I wonder if they are going to be using Grandpa's story to foreshadow Jun's and LaLa's? Nevertheless, I loved that they had Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook playing them.

The Grandpa and Grandma story was really lovely. I laughed that there was a bit of a love triangle with Dr. Cha playing the other guy, who was rejected just as firmly in that past triangle.

So, the Grandma was a housegirl in that other family's house who had entered that house as a live in servant when she was 15. That's also why Grandma wasn't literate since she cut her schooling early to go to work. The other woman was a daughter of the household that Grandma worked in, and she deliberately misled Grandma as to the meeting location because she didn't want to lose their housegirl. Seriously, spiteful girl! 

I also think that there is some foreshadowing of LL and Jun's romance there. Grandpa had broken up with Grandma because he thought that if she was with someone like the man played by Dr. Cha who was rich and handsome, that she would be better off than suffering in poverty with him.

Given that LL is probably going to be convinced by Jun's mother that Jun is better off without her, and thus maybe trying to send him off, it may be a parallel situation to Grandpa's. However, I take solace that Grandpa said that people who are going to be together will be together.

p.s. I did cry when Grandpa played the Maiden's Prayer and though about his beautiful wife whom he wants to marry again in their next life.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, JenL said:

-Wow, another plot twist! Lala's friend was Jun's friend's older sister! So they're both super super connected. I can see why Lala might be mad because it would feel like Jun knew so much about her, but he wouldn't even tell her the slightest about his life and troubles. I think Lala isn't creeped out by his age, but she just wanted to be able to make up her own mind about if she could like him and she wanted to be a rock to him the way he was to her. 

This drama is really pushing the coincidences! Yes, LL's friend is Jun's best friend who had died. LL finally remembered him from meeting him at her graduation recital, and also remembers Jun taking the picture. So, now LL knows that Jun knew who she was long before they met, and she's wondering why Jun never told her.

I feel badly for LL that she's finding out all this stuff about Jun without him being the one to tell her. I'm glad that Grandpa was at least able to let LL know that she knows Jun in the most important way.

44 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I actually liked how the gangster is becoming part of the TWD ladies because he's into gossiping too. I thought it was pretty funny when they had him telling the conclusion to the man that washed up on the shore. Haha!

I think the romance brewing between the gangster and the hairdresser is pretty cute as well. He's going to fit in so well with the Eun Pyo crowd.

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I love SK and Jun's bromance!!!

Seriously, the bromance for the win!

And, SK and HY's romance is so adorable. It's clear that HY has SK in her heart now, even though she's pretending not to. They are just too, too cute. Plus, they're so resourceful! They make a great pair.

I'm still concerned about tomorrow's episode and the separation that seems to be coming, though I hope that I'm wrong. However, I'll take comfort in Grandpa's words that people who are going to be will be.

p.s. It didn't slip my attention that Jun and LL shared a very nice kiss, albeit as Soon Ja and Man Bok. :duckhearts:  And, I love that LJW is able to give a different feel when he's Jun versus when he's young Man Bok.

Really not looking forward to seeing Jun cry tomorrow though.

• Like 4

I'll come back to read everyone's opinions (I shouldn't be procrastinating at work since I'm busyyyy :PiplupCry:)

But Go Ara just dropped some cute pics of the main 3 in costumes! :heart: So I updated my running post on cast photos:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/instagram-updates-kbs-go-ara-lee-jae.html

2PzkqgK.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

10 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

Pre-release for tonight episode

I love their bicycle scenes! LOL @ Jun telling LaLa the sweater is Seung Ki's after she blows her nose on it. :laugh:

Thanks for sharing! I'm excited for tomorrow's episode but also bracing myself too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, JenL said:

@eNDe I think this is the OST you might be looking for. I say this every week :laugh: but they showed a clip this time which looked like your picture with Lala crying and Jun riding towards her on the bike

YES FINALLY!! I'm beaming with happiness, listening and replaying it! haha. I'm also wondering if anyone knows the piano track during the show opening? My other favourite is the welcome song for Jun of course.  :hearties:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I also think that there is some foreshadowing of LL and Jun's romance there. Grandpa had broken up with Grandma because he thought that if she was with someone like the man played by Dr. Cha who was rich and handsome, that she would be better off than suffering in poverty with him.

I thought so too! We were shown 1 month later for RaRa and Jun and Grandpa's story had him being apart for 2 months with Grandma then he will be apart for 5 years before they finally got together so we can expect another time jump, seeing how Jun's mum is pleading RaRa to help her with Jun's paths. If RaRa were to follow Grandpa's saying of fate will bring them together again, she will want to give some time apart. 

------------------

That ending...is so fitting of them...I kept saying to myself, Jun, you better be there (I don't know how) once RaRa finishes playing Pleasure of Love for you because of that damn beautiful letter! I love writing and receiving handwritten letters so to watch Jun's letter unfolded...how it came about and knowing that was why RaRa cried receiving it...it was beautifully showcased of how their deep understanding of each other. 

And then we were shown how he actually got there haha...that whole scene of Jun and Seung-gi is awesome! 

Now that most of Jun's backstory is revealed, I want to know of RaRa's side of things like what really happened to her father and the company at the last moment or leading to it because her father's decision to get RaRa think of marriage is part of the whole story. With another time jump, can we get this part finally told? This could be something she gets herself busy with while being away from Jun (if that happens again). :heiboi: 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Whaaaaaaat is this?? :poliWeird: Hahaha here's hoping it's Jun's nightmare!

Hahaha, KBS' translated caption is something about them being the world's most awkward bride and groom. If the're giving these 2 a wedding, I want a wedding for Lala and Jun or it's not fair. :laugh:

More stills: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHeugiigJTz/

VogDNe9.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3

Translated caption for instagram posted by @JenL

Suddenly, it’s a wedding?

The world’s most awkward groom and bride. #GoAra #KimJooHyeon
Angry and upset #LeeJaeWook enters!

What is happening to LaLa-Jun?
Drama with a twist #DoDoSolSolLaLaSol tonight 9:30 pm broadcast!

Me - This had better be a funny scene, and not that LL has to marry Dr. Cha for any reason, even if it's a marriage of convenience rather than for love!

Also, translation of the pre-release scene that @Just_Me posted.

Jun: Oh, why are you crying? Is this the time to cry?
LL: Because I’m so happy. I’m happy, but strangely, tears keep forming.
Jun: You being strange is the same as usual then.
(LL blows her nose)
Jun: Hey! These are Seung Ki’s clothes! Oh, geez, you are…

Even if the episode ends with them ripping apart, at least they'll have some time together.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, JenL said:

If the're giving these 2 a wedding, I want a wedding for Lala and Jun or it's not fair. 

IKR! It's ok in Grandpa I trust. He's there and he would only agree if it's for RaRa and Jun...he knows better about true love and care for someone so dear. KBS is teasing us with such a scene I'm sure. Please! :niu:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, JenL said:

Whaaaaaaat is this??  Hahaha here's hoping it's Jun's nightmare!

What's this?!!!??? Just waking up and see this :shocked: this is must be someone imagination hahaha even Dr.Cha left a comment under KBS post that's he's shocked as well :laugh:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Jun: Oh, why are you crying? Is this the time to cry?
LL: Because I’m so happy. I’m happy, but strangely, tears keep forming.
Jun: You being strange is the same as usual then.
(LL blows her nose)
Jun: Hey! These areThese are Seung Ki’s clothes! Oh, geez, you are…

Thank you for translation 

I am glad to see Rara get back to her old self when she's with Jun. After trying so hard act like an adult (she act like she's fine and cool about it, showing happy face in front of other people) but she's breakdown to tears in front of Jun. This scenes remind me of the other one maybe on episode two. Jun take Rara on his bike after saw Dr. Cha scratch Rara heads. and Rara cried because she thought Jun left her for good.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1