3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

From the poll, I love that we all think Lala is going to break up with Jun. It shows that we've all been watching too many K-Dramas and just know this is the next course of action. :laugh:

Hahaha, yes! We are all experienced drama watchers and seem to know all the patterns. But given how quirky this drama is, I wonder if they get separated first or she finds out first. Last episode the gangster was so onto them! :lettalKWA:

I feel like a possible scenario could be the gangster comes to catch Jun and tells Lala....And then Lala lets him go. But if Lala is not there and he gets captured, Jun will disappear without Lala knowing his age and then a possible time jump will mean she doesn't know until the future, where hopefully it's less of a thing. :thinking:

This drama has been so fun and sweet that I'm hoping the sugar doesn't melt in a pool of tears! :PiplupCry:

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

But, mostly we want you to come share our love for this drama! Also, be on the lookout for the podcast coming soon about this drama where @Tofu and @stroppyse spazz about their love for this drama!

Thanks to @SilverMoonTea for the adorable event badges and organizing this event!

Thank you all of you for the event!!! :wow: I'm looking forward to collecting my Mimi badges. That fluffball is my life :heart: Also looking forward to the podcast!! It is nice to hear your voiced opinions too

Edited by JenL
  • Like 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Thank you all of you for the event!!! :wow: I'm looking forward to collecting my Mimi badges. That fluffball is my life :heart: Also looking forward to the podcast!! It is nice to hear your voiced opinions too

Don't be too excited. Haha! There were moments where I repeated myself and was in a conflict on how to express my thoughts. Poor stroppyse had to sit through all of that. :cry:

@Just_Me: MiMi! She's so cute! It seems like MiMi's real name is Byul. :heart:

Edit: I am going to propose that Lee Jae Wook does these expressions as Jun too. Haha!

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I hope it's not too late to share some thoughts of mine about Episode 8

- Jun not even trying to parking his bike properly since he's in hurry but he act so calm when talk to Dr. Cha :wow:

- I love how Rara wrap up Dr. Cha (uncompleted) confession in clear and clean manner

- idk why but they riding bike together always seems cute and sweet (Jun always looks happy when they do)

- the story of Grandpa and his wife is really touching..he's such a great man (even after long time he still remembering his wife by playing her favourite piano piece and even learning to play it) :cry:

- Oh in this flashback scene about Grandpa wife, she mentioned about piano. So there's more higher possibility that Grandpa is the one that sent Piano to Rara like I mentioned before.

- Jun confession. Jun try to confess to Rara before. On the way home after buying fan. He told her that he doesn't care about her status. He try to say something, got hesitate and the  change the subject. when he bring her face cream. He said he miss her and try to confess but once again change hesitate and ask her about something else instead.

He got so hesitate and look nervous before but when he finally confess,  he deliver it so calm and compose (even with almost teary eyes:letalQQ:)

- "I tried my best not to like you. But I do" 

This confession is beautiful but felt painful at same time. As if, liking Rara is something that is not he supposed to do or allowed to do so. (I can't help but thinking if this related to Kim Ji Hoon or more related to his lies about his age)

- I just realize that the reason why Jun got angry when he caught Rara flipping out his math book maybe because he's afraid Rara will find the picture of Kim Ji Hoon and Rara.

- i love how this drama give almost all characters proportional screen time, cause I feel that build up the story flow better. And you can't help but to love them even the thug and Jun Mom:laugh:

- like everyone said that Jun is almost perfect for his age and I agree 100%. But here I am, wondering who's actually raised him. His father is verbally abusive and clearly not heartwarm type and his mother,, she maybe not that bad I mean she looks like love Jun much and worry y him but she's histerical and arrogant that lead to rudeness. Jun is opposite of them. He's polite, kind, heartwarm , hardwork, and respect older (he even apologize to Grandpa on his mother behalf) 

- the stalker ( his name is Ahn Joong Ho) is scary. He even try to harm Jae Min and try to provoke Jun. I wonder when do he start to be Rara stalker. Did he follow Rara to Eunpo? Or it's just coincidence? 

- there's some discussion that Twinkle account owner is actually Kim Ji Hoon but since he passed away Jun use this account. How do you think guys?

- epilogue of EP.8 left me wonder too. Like @JenL said that Kim Ji Hoon seems to have playful personality like Rara, so I think his crush to Rara and told her he's is not something serious yet. But why Jun making such a face? I don't think that simply because he's stunned by Rara beauty or because he have crush too. Is there any more backside stories? 

Wash I never thought I will think, ponder and wonder so much while watching romcom drama hahaha

That's it.  Can't wait for Wednesday

@mademoiselle thank you so much

Jae Min is really cuteeeee. Jun tied up Jae Min apron is the cutest thing:wow:

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 8
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Don't be too excited. Haha! There were moments where I repeated myself and was in a conflict on how to express my thoughts. Poor stroppyse had to sit through all of that. :cry:

I'm sure it's not as bad as you think!! Anyway I'll enjoy listening to you both talk about your feelings/ ideas about the show. Also I like that you've been trying to work out who DDSSLLS is too, so I'm sure you'll have interesting things to say. :CharmanderYay:

I'm in a real pinch point tonight with 2 Korean Film Festival films, 2 episodes of Start Up and 1 episode of The Devil Punisher to catch up on :PikaRIP: but I'll definitely listen in tomorrow during the day! 

Thanks for the Mimi badge btw!! :wow: It's so cuteeeeeee

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

@eNDe: Long Vacation, sigh. Knowing that has just aged me a bit. Haha! 

hahaha...I'm no fan of Takuya Kimura but he was allover the tv screen and ads during that time. Mine is a case of having to watch whatever TV show my older sibling is watching at that time. 

3 hours ago, Just_Me said:

- Jun confession. Jun try to confess to Rara before. On the way home after buying fan. He told her that he doesn't care about her status. He try to say something, got hesitate and the  change the subject. when he bring her face cream. He said he miss her and try to confess but once again change hesitate and ask her about something else instead.

He got so hesitate and look nervous before but when he finally confess,  he deliver it so calm and compose (even with almost teary eyes:letalQQ:)

This confession is beautiful but felt painful at same time. As if, liking Rara is something that is not he supposed to do or allowed to do so. (I can't help but thinking if this related to Kim Ji Hoon or more related to his lies about his age)

Exactly! It's like he just has no other options to delay his confession when it's (and them) already up in the air literally. I was so proud and happy for him to relay his feelings calmly and open. I felt like he could trust her fully and whatever answer she will give him there and then.    

And at the same time, I agree with you on this as I believe he truly meant it when he said he tried his best not to like RaRa. Though we may not see the extend of it for we see more of what he has always been doing for her instead of a restrain. 

4 hours ago, Just_Me said:

- epilogue of EP.8 left me wonder too. Like @JenL said that Kim Ji Hoon seems to have playful personality like Rara, so I think his crush to Rara and told her he's is not something serious yet. But why Jun making such a face? I don't think that simply because he's stunned by Rara beauty or because he have crush too. Is there any more backside stories? 

And then we have this scene which made me ponder too of his confession not to like RaRa but he does. That facial expression speaks something else we might not know. Oh man...what more reveal are we going to get. Haha. 

4 hours ago, Just_Me said:

- there's some discussion that Twinkle account owner is actually Kim Ji Hoon but since he passed away Jun use this account. How do you think guys?

I had that thought too this morning haha...can't believe my brain will suddenly think of the show, guessing away, in the middle of...pouring a drink. To me, it's slightly possible because RaRa is someone special to/admired by his friend from what we witnessed during and after RaRa's performance. For all we know, his friend could have mentioned about RaRa way before if the theory of Kim Ji Hoon being the brother of RaRa's friend who performed that day too. Jun could have posted messages to cheer RaRa after knowing what happened to her (he was thinking of her at one point "Will she be okay?" in that apartment before he ran away) but to actually have her come to where he was going, was the least he expected I guess but probably hoped to give some doors open for her if she needed. So again, only when we are clear if he knew RaRa even before the graduation recital, can this be highly possible. 

Otherwise, my deduction of who could be DDSSLLS has been : Her piano teacher (my very first guess & hope haha) then it became Dr Cha as I voted on poll but after his love interest revealed (and I would recommend him to chill after a divorce), I'm leaning towards Grandpa.  :heiboi:

• Like 7

I want Mimi!! :wow: plus a Jun or a LJW! 

Not going to happen? 

Fine... I will do with just Mimi’s badges then... 

As for what will be Lala’s reaction when finding out Jun’s age ~ I think Lala will not suggest a break up but she will feel awkward and conflicted, then start avoiding Jun because she doesn’t know yet what to do with the reveal. Probably even going back to Seoul. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

As for what will be Lala’s reaction when finding out Jun’s age ~ I think Lala will not suggest a break up but she will feel awkward and conflicted, then start avoiding Jun because she doesn’t know yet what to do with the reveal. Probably even going back to Seoul. 

Hmm, but avoidance would be so unlike LaLa? Plus, she has no money to go back to Seoul. Unless the grandfather helps her leave for some reason. Or DoDoSolSolLaLaSol  does.

I think it may be more likely that Jun gets captured by his mother's thugs. That may lead to a delay in the age reveal.

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Not going to happen? 

Well, there is the surprise event badge which has not been revealed yet...

But there are only 2 ways to get one...  :smile:

• Like 7
Dodosol Solarasol' Go Ara x Lee Jae-wook's point of watching
  •  Reporter Choi Ji-eun
  •  Approval 2020.11.03 10:08
  •  Comments 0
  • Share Article
  • print
  • send a mail
  • Font growth

Photo = courtesy of Monster UnionPhoto = courtesy of Monster Union

Top Daily Reporter Choi Ji-eun ='Dodosol Solar Sol' Goa-ra and Lee Jae-wook delivered the points of the second act, which will become more exciting and dynamic.

KBS 2TV's Wednesday and Thursday drama'Dodosol Solarasol' (director Minkyung Kim, playwright Oh Jiyoung) begins the second act with the 9th episode broadcast on the 4th. Gura-ra (played by Go Ara) and Sun Woo-jun (played by Jae-wook Lee), who were intertwined in a quick relationship, became the closest beings to each other. The two who confirmed their hearts announced the beginning of a sweet romance, but at the same time, a crisis was foreshadowed with a fluttering relationship change. Choo Min-soo (played by Choi Kwang-je) after Sun Woo-jun found Lara Land, and several variables remain, such as the reverse identity of Sun Woo-jun who deceived her age. With curiosity amplifying in the development of the second half, Go Ara and Lee Jae-wook directly conveyed the points of the second act.

Goa-ra picked Gura-ra and Sun Woo-jun's'deeper romance'. He said, “It would be nice if you immerse yourself in the real romance of Lara and Jun, who are shining like the title. It will be more interesting if you compare before and after confirming each other's feelings.”

Gura-ra and Sun Woo-jun, the two young men who crash landed on an unfamiliar Eunpo with their respective stories, became each other's'little stars' and shared joy and sorrow. Goa, the most memorable scene, pointed out what Gurara wanted to support by saying, "Think of me as a family," to Sun Woo-jun. Goa-ra said, “It was a word that could comfort Lara, who lost everything in an instant, and Jun-i, who seemed to be lonely somewhere.” It was a scene that was there.” In addition, he said, “Episodes where you can feel the joy and sorrow through the relationship and chemistry between the characters that will deepen deeper are awaiting you,” he said.

Jaewook Lee predicted that the second act would be more interesting with stories that have not yet been revealed. He said, “The story after the two confirm each other's feelings seems to be a more unpredictable series of reversals than the developments so far. I hope that you will keep an eye on what kind of situations will continue, without letting go of tension.” He added, “It is not over until the end”, adding to the expectation.

Lee Jae-wook, who picked the 8th ending where Kurara and Sun Woo-jun kissed for the first time, as a memorable scene, said, "The two people standing against the backdrop of the beautiful view of Mokpo, the filming location, were beautifully depicted." Revealed. Lee Jae-wook then said to viewers who love the pleasant and warm sensibility of the work, “I feel grateful that our drama can be a calm healing for viewers. In the future, exciting stories will be unfolded beautifully and pleasantly, so please stay with us until the end.”

Meanwhile, the 9th episode of'Dodosol Solarasol' will be broadcast on KBS 2TV at 9:30 pm on the 4th (Wed).

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=79945

this is translated by Google so I don't know the accuracy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

"Think of me as a family," to Sun Woo-jun. Goa-ra said, “It was a word that could comfort Lara, who lost everything in an instant, and Jun-i, who seemed to be lonely somewhere.”

Thank you for sharing this article & interview! I trust these two characters, only them, to path their ways together; being each other's little stars. As LJW says, gotta look out for their deeper love of each other now, so I'm gonna enjoy their story rather than worry about...the stalker or the mum or the thug (I like this thug character actually, he'll get along with RaRa for sure once he knows her) Ok less anxious now about what will happen to RaRa and Jun once together.  

Thanks for the Mimi badge! :hearties:  

• Like 5
  • Party! 1

Hello all! Got to come back and reply to your interesting messages...

Today I've been busy doing the timings for the Netflix video using @stroppyse's translations and it's looking good. 

So far, I'm halfway through and have done all the parts where Go Ara poses questions to LJW - I'll do the other half later. For those who understand Korean, let me know where I have done anything incorrectly since I understand no Korean whatsoever :P (Let me know if I put in the wrong timings for sentences, missed a caption etc). 

Instructions for subs: These are soft subs through Youtube, so you'll need to turn on 'CC' > Settings: 'English'

For context: I don't know that much about Go Ara before this series - This is why Go Ara was embarrassed about her Newsroom appearance, I guess:(https://www.soompi.com/article/1182981wpp/watch-go-ara-performs-magic-trick-ask-us-anything-failed-impress-famous-news-anchor)

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

New stills

Can Mod make this display, please? Thank you.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, eNDe said:

As LJW says, gotta look out for their deeper love of each other now, so I'm gonna enjoy their story rather than worry about...the stalker or the mum or the thug (I like this thug character actually, he'll get along with RaRa for sure once he knows her) Ok less anxious now about what will happen to RaRa and Jun once together.  

Yesss..even LJW said "it's not over until the end" so I am expecting another twists from writer-nim:jkbtsthink:

On 11/2/2020 at 5:12 PM, eNDe said:

I had that thought too this morning haha...can't believe my brain will suddenly think of the show, guessing away, in the middle of...pouring a drink.

The writer-nim really know how to make us curious and so invested into this drama..even I have to watch another drama so I can stop thinking about Dodosolsollalasol:laugh:

It will be unexpected twist though if Twinkle turn out to be Rara father. Even Rara didn't attend his funeral and in my wild imagination Secretary Moon actually on yacht with Rara father :laugh:. But maybe not, given how Rara father loves her so much and the company financial situation seems real. I am sorry for my too much imagination

@stroppyse @JenL waaaa.. thank you so much for subbing the video. 

It's seems LJW watch ask us anything episode where Ara came as guest. He know pretty well about Ara 

• Like 7
10 hours ago, JenL said:

For context: I don't know that much about Go Ara before this series - This is why Go Ara was embarrassed about her Newsroom appearance, I guess:

Thanks for sharing this! She was promoting her latest movie The Magician (2015) during that Newsroom appearance so decided to do some magic tricks to impress her role model (she wanted to be an announcer initially) but failed miserably. Her brother is a professional magician so she usually try to learn simple tricks from him. 

I've been a fan of hers ever since I watched her in Reply 1994 then found plenty of vocal haters of hers online (too much negativity) that I just support her work and progress quietly, knowing she's always been humble and friendly as a person whenever she appears on reality shows and meeting her fans randomly during her holiday breaks. So I always find her a positive person to have in an entertainment industry. She picks project in variation each time to learn and try new genre so I see her as someone who's willing to experiment and go beyond her comfort zone. I'm glad she took time to pick her first rom-com genre. This time, she can extend her personality into a character on-screen and through healing music pieces per episode. Perfect combo for me and just what I needed now for sure. Also super glad that LJW is her co-star for this project. 

45 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

It's seems LJW watch ask us anything episode where Ara came as guest. He know pretty well about Ara

That's what I thought...he must have watched it to know unless he did try to learn about his co-star as they'll be working together. I love that episode when she came with Kim Myung-Soo to promote Miss Hammurabi. That episode is a good way to learn more of Go Ara and understand she tries to break away from the pretty doll image her previous agency (SM) set out for her and her debut role in Sharp which she's afraid that feisty character will stuck on her. Reply 1994 was the role she needed to refresh her career and she brought the character Na Jung (even gaining 8kg for the role) to something memorable and remarkable to me. 

Here's some projects of Go Ara that I recommend to start with if you're interested :) 

Film:

- Papa (2012) (LJW worked with the director previously) with Park Yong-Woo

- The Magician (2015) with Yoo Seung-Ho

Drama:

- Reply 1994 (2013) with Sung Dong-IL, Lee IL-Hwa, Jung Woo and Yoo Yeon-Seok 

- You're All Surrounded (2014) with Lee Seung-Gi and Cha Seung-Won

- Haechi (2019) with Jung IL-Woo (this is where she got injured during filming that sidelined her into a longer break) 

• Like 7
On 11/2/2020 at 1:13 PM, Just_Me said:

@JenL oh sorry for late reply..you can also check on this IG account (please don't forget to like and support the IG owner :heart:..do I sound like promoter? Haha sorry it's just this account has so good content)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHAqGaQpo-g/?igshid=67pjkbdtasio

(Credit to the owner)

Oooh Thanks this was cute! I'm loving all the BTS videos. This cast in just too cute on-screen and off :wow::hearties:

On 11/2/2020 at 4:26 PM, Just_Me said:

I hope it's not too late to share some thoughts of mine about Episode 8

Heh, never too late to share thoughts about this show ^^

-Jun confession. Jun try to confess to Rara before. On the way home after buying fan. He told her that he doesn't care about her status. He try to say something, got hesitate and the  change the subject. when he bring her face cream. He said he miss her and try to confess but once again change hesitate and ask her about something else instead.

Yep, I agree that Jun has been trying to hold back this entire time, which is why the age thing hasn't bothered me too much. Like he has had feelings the entire time, but he knows there's a gap between them. I think it's not only the age difference and maybe guilt for liking his friend's crush, but also the lie about everything including running away from home. He knows he has a lot of baggage at the moment....yet, he likes her so much that I think it's just tipping point - he can no longer just pretend or hide his feelings, especially since he's afraid Lala will slip away from him. But yes, I feel like these episodes are going to be beautiful but painful. I hope the mysteries in future episodes will be resolved well, but hoping it won't take too much away from the cuteness of Jun and Lala :heart:

I really like this idea. This would be a good twist and also another reason Jun would feel hesitant liking Lala...maybe he just wanted to continue being nice to her, but it would be hard to also be her secret benefactor being together (and that guilt factor again)

I do wonder if there'll be more back stories about Jun and Rara before they met at the wedding. It seems like the feelings were so strong that surely it wouldn't have just been from taking a photo of her once? :thinking::BulbaOWO:

On 11/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, eNDe said:

I had that thought too this morning haha...can't believe my brain will suddenly think of the show, guessing away, in the middle of...pouring a drink. To me, it's slightly possible because RaRa is someone special to/admired by his friend from what we witnessed during and after RaRa's performance.

Hahaha, this drama is so cute that I also randomly daydream and theorise about it :BulbaOWO:

On 11/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, eNDe said:

Otherwise, my deduction of who could be DDSSLLS has been : Her piano teacher (my very first guess & hope haha) then it became Dr Cha as I voted on poll but after his love interest revealed (and I would recommend him to chill after a divorce), I'm leaning towards Grandpa.  :heiboi:

This is also an interesting theory. I mean there's so many hints (and I'm thinking a lot of red herrings) about each of the characters. But her piano teacher always cared about her and she's just 'disappeared' and there's no clues pointing to her, so I back this idea. I feel like I wouldn't be surprised because she's been the 'forgotten' character' (and the only female character that could be a benefactor) while we're tossing between all the male characters.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 5

On 11/3/2020 at 4:29 AM, stroppyse said:

Hmm, but avoidance would be so unlike LaLa? Plus, she has no money to go back to Seoul. Unless the grandfather helps her leave for some reason. Or DoDoSolSolLaLaSol  does.

I think it may be more likely that Jun gets captured by his mother's thugs. That may lead to a delay in the age reveal.

@ktcjdrama I think that's an interestingidea about how Lala will handle things - I always like some one having a different theory! I think I still have to agree with @stroppyse on this one though... I can't imagine Lala running away before she pays back Jun's debt.

I feel like it's more likely Jun will have to leave Lala and it's likely to go one of 2 ways at the moment (although this drama is a bit crazy :lol: , so who really knows? I could be super wrong about this :idk:)

a) Jun gets captured while Lala is there

Jun will be captured and gangsters let Lala know Jun's age and then she lets him go, conflicted, & somehow they cross paths in the future. Maybe it's a big call, but I feel like if Lala is there when Jun get captured they'll have to reveal his age. She'll  probably question why he needs to go back to his parents and it'll all come out that he's younger than she thinks. I can't really think of how they would avoid having that conversation in this scenario. :thinking:

b) Jun gets captured while Lala is not there/ Jun runs away from Gangsters, leaving Lala

Jun either gets dragged back to his family or escapes them, but it means leaving Lala behind. And Lala might think that he's abandoned her :PiplupCry:...not sure if she'll wait for his return or get her search party on...but it might be years till she can find him (hence time jump)? Maybe in the process of finding him, she finds out his age? :MewHi:

I mean I also wouldn't put it past this drama to do something crazy like Jun gets chased by gangsters, gets into an accident and loses his memory  (Episode 1 melodramatics). So far the story hasn't dragged any issues out, so I think they would put a fun twist on things even if it did go down that way! :CharmanderYay:

• Like 4