3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH! This is why you should never watch previews before watching the episode! Even though I break that rule all the time.

However, then I saw the preview where Jun goes back to his family because LL wants him to. Then Jun's mother goes to see LL and asks her to persuade Jun to follow his rightful path, and LL does! So, there is going to be noble idiocy on LL's part next episode, and it's probably going to be the cliff hanger that it ends on!

On the one hand, I'm hoping that the writer can make even this tired old trope of noble idiocy different and interesting to watch rather than just frustrating. Failing that, I'm just hoping that it doesn't drag out in any way. The writer is really testing my faith in her story telling abilities now!

Haha, I never watch previews but I always hop on twitter and end up seeing spoilers which is why I've decided now I'm going to stay up and watch the episodes as they come out to avoid this happening again!! :heiboi: 

As for the noble idiocy, I think it will happen because Lala and Jun's story looks like it's going to follow Grandpa and his wife's story...and they had a separation of a few years. I can't see why they'd include a time jump (for the age difference) if Lala and Jun were going to grow together happily side by side...so I think it will be abandonment. But I feel like the writers haven't let us down so far in terms of twists and turns. Like even during the angst I've been intrigued the whole time, so going to hang onto this! :MewHi:

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

At the ending of episode 10 (beginning of episode 11), I was a little bit disappointed to find out that Jun's mom being at the dock was not because LaLa called her. Before we see that Jun's mom overheard the conversation LaLa had with Jun, I thought it was really commendable of LaLa to notify them of Jun's location. I thought that scene was LaLa telling Jun that he can't always run away from his problems. It didn't turn out as I imagined, but it does seem like we might get that in episode 12 and a possible time jump too. 

I really enjoyed the focus on Grandma for today's episode. His love story with his wife is so heartbreakingly beautiful. I can't believe the person told her the wrong café! I'm glad that they were able to find each other again. His recital was the cutest too! I wonder if they are going to be using Grandpa's story to foreshadow Jun's and LaLa's? Nevertheless, I loved that they had Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook playing them. 

Random, but I was kind of offended by this scene in episode 10. What did the tofu do to you?! :letalQQ:

Oh I think that will be next episode! I was kind of the opposite,  I was glad Lala didn't hand him over to his parents because I thought that would have been a bit cruel (since his parents are extremely overbearing). But when the scenes were happening I was hoping they would meet at the docks and then Lala and him would talk and if they had to separate, it would have been because he explained to her why he did what he did and then she would tell him not to run, and that she'd wait for him...I had a whole scenario planned out and it did not go that way :lettalKWA:

Yes! Grandpa and his wife's story was so cute!! I can see we have similar ideas about it too. I was so sad when they went to the wrong cafes!! Talk about frustrating...it made me appreciate my ability (and privilege of learning) to read :lol:  Aren't GA and LJW just the cutest in period costumes?? :MewGiggle:

I was so sad when you, @Tofu, was thrown on the ground!! Unworthy treatment for the best of foods!!

:letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ::cry::cry::cry:

8 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Fun fact: the melodies for Elvis song actually based on Pleasure of Love by Martini (piano piece Jun play for Rara)

And here popular lyrics of the Pleasure of Love (I think it's describe the episode also Jun and Rara's feeling )

The joys of love are but a moment long
The pain of love endures the whole life long

Your eyes kissed mine, I saw the love in them shine
You brought me heaven right then when your eyes kissed mine.

My love loves me, and all thy wonders I see
The rainbow shines in my window, my love loves me

And now he's gone like a dream that fades into dawn
But the words stay locked in my heartstrings, my love loves me

Wooowwwww, Thanks for that! I never knew!! I could tell on the guitar, but I never noticed the likeness on the piano. I guess I'll have to listen to it again!

Also these lyrics are just the sweetest. I suppose they really do fit the feel of this drama, which is why it's Jun and Lala's song :heart::BulbaOWO: 

• Like 4

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 11/11/2020 at 1:56 AM, eNDe said:

@JenL Thank you for taking the time to compile these collections of stills and photos! I also like the many funny scenes of this show which I think would be an abundance to compile haha. 

No worries! I'm like an obsessive compiler and I like to put matching things together...so you'll have to put up with me doing this for the rest of this drama (the sort of person in real life who colour codes her books :laugh:)

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I actually liked how the gangster is becoming part of the TWD ladies because he's into gossiping too. I thought it was pretty funny when they had him telling the conclusion to the man that washed up on the shore. Haha!

Ha Young and Seung Ki were really impressive the last two episodes. I need to move to Eunpo to make friends like them. I love how considerate they were of LaLa as well as Seung Ki's (almost) willingness to help Jun escape from the hospital. Haha!

Hahaha, yessss!!! I was like, he fits right in with those TWD ladies :MewGiggle: He really brings the goods with his top-notch gossip!

Bring me with youuuu....I need friends like HY & SK. SK was the real MVP here...I still laugh so much re-watching this scene

XOjxXqO.gif

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The Grandpa and Grandma story was really lovely. I laughed that there was a bit of a love triangle with Dr. Cha playing the other guy, who was rejected just as firmly in that past triangle.

Poor Dr Cha rejected in all lifetimes! :laugh:

But he does get 'a wedding' in tonight's episode :poliWeird: Better be a nightmare or deluded imagination

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I feel badly for LL that she's finding out all this stuff about Jun without him being the one to tell her. I'm glad that Grandpa was at least able to let LL know that she knows Jun in the most important way.

Hopefully Jun will tell her everything today, even though it's just a short reunion before potential (longer) separation  :letalQQ: 

Yes, Grandpa's words were so comforting and true. Does all the other stuff matter as much as knowing he's a good person? Probably not in the end. It was just the initial shock. I feel like Lala is going through what we as the viewers have had to process ourselves! It's quite smart storytelling. 

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

I love their bicycle scenes! LOL @ Jun telling LaLa the sweater is Seung Ki's after she blows her nose on it. 

@Just_Me Thanks for sharing!!! :wow: Ah, you can see that Jun is enjoying himself so much even though Lala is using SK's clothes like tissues.

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Translated caption for instagram posted by @JenL

Suddenly, it’s a wedding?

The world’s most awkward groom and bride. #GoAra #KimJooHyeon
Angry and upset #LeeJaeWook enters!

What is happening to LaLa-Jun?
Drama with a twist #DoDoSolSolLaLaSol tonight 9:30 pm broadcast!

Jun: Oh, why are you crying? Is this the time to cry?
LL: Because I’m so happy. I’m happy, but strangely, tears keep forming.
Jun: You being strange is the same as usual then.
(LL blows her nose)
Jun: Hey! These are Seung Ki’s clothes! Oh, geez, you are…

Even if the episode ends with them ripping apart, at least they'll have some time together.

Thanks for the Translations @stroppyse !! :CharmanderYay:

Ah, it's so nice having a deeper understanding things. I wish I understood Korean :BulbaOWO:

5 hours ago, eNDe said:

YES FINALLY!! I'm beaming with happiness, listening and replaying it! haha. I'm also wondering if anyone knows the piano track during the show opening? My other favourite is the welcome song for Jun of course.  

I thought so too! We were shown 1 month later for RaRa and Jun and Grandpa's story had him being apart for 2 months with Grandma then he will be apart for 5 years before they finally got together so we can expect another time jump

------------------

That ending...is so fitting of them...I kept saying to myself, Jun, you better be there (I don't know how) once RaRa finishes playing Pleasure of Love for you because of that damn beautiful letter! I love writing and receiving handwritten letters so to watch Jun's letter unfolded...how it came about and knowing that was why RaRa cried receiving it...it was beautifully showcased of how their deep understanding of each other. 

And then we were shown how he actually got there haha...that whole scene of Jun and Seung-gi is awesome! 

Now that most of Jun's backstory is revealed, I want to know of RaRa's side of things like what really happened to her father and the company at the last moment or leading to it because her father's decision to get RaRa think of marriage is part of the whole story. With another time jump, can we get this part finally told? This could be something she gets herself busy with while being away from Jun (if that happens again). 

Hahaha funny you should mention that @eNDe Compiling piano tracks as we speak! Let me get back to you with an answer soon!

That's quite smart - I didn't think about the 2 separations with Grandpa and wife :MonkaTang: So it's almost an exact mirror!

Yes, I love a beautiful handwritten letter. I'm dying in another drama (Start Up) because the second lead wrote these beautiful letters...and now here it is in my favourite drama too! That entire sequence of the letter being written, of the song being played and their reunion was so lovely. I can't even describe how touching it was. :BulbaOWO: Even in 'jail', it was a way of letting her know how he'd always felt with her company.

And I wholeheartedly agree - I think the next episodes will go into Lala's backstory...and maybe restore her to her former wealth or at least straighten out what really happened. Looks like her runaway groom is making a comeback too since Jun's mum mentioned him to the tutor...I feel like it's not the last we've seen of him! :lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

33 minutes ago, JenL said:

Oh I think that will be next episode! I was kind of the opposite,  I was glad Lala didn't hand him over to his parents because I thought that would have been a bit cruel

Actually, I'm with you on this one. I was glad that LL had not turned him over to his mother willingly because that seemed a bit of a betrayal of Jun. I get it that Jun is a minor still, and I can see LL telling Jun that he should go home to his family. However, actually calling his mother on him without even talking to Jun about it would feel as if all of a sudden LL wasn't respecting Jun at all as if he was a wayward child and she was an adult who knew better than him, which would be out of character for LL.

I understand LL not fighting his mother to conceal him, especially since LL has little backstory to Jun right now, so I'm fine with the way it played out. Pus, seeing Jun dragged away like that, I can also see why she feels so bad about her part in leading his parents to him.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Just_Me said:

hahaha even Dr.Cha left a comment under KBS post that's he's shocked as well :laugh:

I am glad to see Rara get back to her old self when she's with Jun. After trying so hard act like an adult (she act like she's fine and cool about it, showing happy face in front of other people) but she's breakdown to tears in front of Jun. This scenes remind me of the other one maybe on episode two. Jun take Rara on his bike after saw Dr. Cha scratch Rara heads. and Rara cried because she thought Jun left her for good.

Hahahaha wow, I didn't see that :laugh: When even Dr Cha is like, "What's going on with me??" Must be a Jun thing! :MewGiggle:

Yes!! :valid: point. I feel like Jun and Lala are able to be vulnerable around each other which is so important. Like they don't have to fake things with each other (Haha, except Jun's age, though that's more a technical thing he didn't talk about). Those bike scenes are so sweet.

37 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, I'm with you on this one. I was glad that LL had not turned him over to his mother willingly because that seemed a bit of a betrayal of Jun. I get it that Jun is a minor still, and I can see LL telling Jun that he should go home to his family. However, actually calling his mother on him without even talking to Jun about it would feel as if all of a sudden LL wasn't respecting Jun at all as if he was a wayward child and she was an adult who knew better than him, which would be out of character for LL.

I understand LL not fighting his mother to conceal him, especially since LL has little backstory to Jun right now, so I'm fine with the way it played out. Pus, seeing Jun dragged away like that, I can also see why she feels so bad about her part in leading his parents to him.

Yep, I agree. I was ok with Lala not hiding him from his mum because she wouldn't have wanted to do the wrong thing either. But I don't think she would out him either for no reason...I felt like she really wanted to know what was going on too and it hurt her to not get the chance to clairfy. :letalQQ:

By the way, where's @SilverMoonTea?? Someone should tell her this ship is getting hot again...Or at least a better kiss.

(Since you were asking me about the latest episodes, I'm going to take it that you don't mind knowing!)

HIoodBt.gif

(I didn't make this btw. They came from Ameera Ali from the old place)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Can't wait to read everyone's thoughts on episode 12 because for the first time, the ending left me so confused and pondering what other new surprise and even a character are we supposed to accept so late into the story? Some past events aren't answered yet or not even going to I guess? I can't find a reason for the wedding except that it's possibly RaRa's strange reasoning to have one and I gotta wait till next week to know. :idk:

Other than that, I love RaRa and Jun's conversations and time spent together and the humour the show never fails at. I need to remind myself what LJW said about it's not over until the end...I shouldn't be worried about the actual ending right? (4 episodes left!) 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, eNDe said:

Can't wait to read everyone's thoughts on episode 12 because for the first time, the ending left me so confused and pondering what other new surprise and even a character are we supposed to accept so late into the story? Some past events aren't answered yet or not even going to I guess? I can't find a reason for the wedding except that it's possibly RaRa's strange reasoning to have one and I gotta wait till next week to know. :idk:

THAT EPISODE TOYYYEDDD WITH ALL MY EMOTIONNNNSSSSS :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: BOTH GOOD AND BAD.

I NEARLY HAD A HEART ATTACK :lol:

Long opinion tomorrow. But quick answer to your question - going to put it in a spoiler in case ppl haven't seen the new ep yet!

Spoiler

I've read other people's ideas and they seem to think it's got to do with HY and SK's business idea (they're probably doing a wedding planning business since Lala always tells HY she's good with make up and SK likes filming things). Most people think the wedding is fake since Lala never liked Dr Cha and not even him being DDSSLS would change that since she said she suspected he was it!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, JenL said:

Long opinion tomorrow. But quick answer to your question - going to put it in a spoiler in case ppl haven't seen the new ep yet!

Yeah I rewatched the last scene and observed HY and SK's, and Grandpa's expressions...they were the only ones that gave me a hint of it's not what it seems. Thanks for sharing this! Gonna celebrate my first niece's 12th birthday starting tomorrow till weekend so I was trying not to carry my confused thoughts haha. Will be back to read all posts on ep 12! :hearties:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
35 minutes ago, JenL said:

NEARLY HAD A HEART ATTACK 

I think that's how Jun feeling when he heard about Dr. Cha and Rara wedding:laugh:

12 minutes ago, eNDe said:

Yeah I rewatched the last scene and observed HY and SK's, and Grandpa's expressions...they were the only ones that gave me a hint of it's not what it seems.

I put it on spoilers because some may don't want it haha

Spoiler

Yes this drama always give some scenes that make us confuse us about what happened next. Like when Dr. CHa keeping give specific flowers to Rara make us think did he make move again to Rara? So the wedding is possible..but there's scenes of HY and SG business proposal to their parents so we think that the wedding must have something to do with that. But then they left us on it. This story keep giving twist. And so much time jump already hahaha

Btw, so Dr. CHa really is Mr. Twinkle? Why it doesn't feel right. In the preview it seem Rara finally know about the piano so there's possibilities that Dr. CHa is not Mr. Twinkle but he know who Mr.Twinkle is that's why he keep quiet about it even Rara confront him.

The new girl..ah it must be Jun parents doing. They must be want him to date a girl that they think more "suitable" for him:mad:

Spoiler

Just  drop by to say I love this drama so much:wow:

• Like 5

@JenL @stroppyse - Reading your thoughts on that, I agreed. It would be out of character for LaLa to tell Jun's mom about his whereabouts without talking to Jun first. 

The communication between LaLa and Jun in today's episode was all I've ever wanted from a Korean drama. I hate it when there are misunderstanding between the OTP that could easily be clarified but both have too much pride or it's added in for dramatic effect.

"It's not your fault" -- That's something Jun needed to hear since he continued to blame himself for Ji Hun's death. I'm glad that LaLa was able to tell him that it was a situation he couldn't predict, therefore it could not be his fault. 

I really appreciated the date they had before the break in their relationship. Since they realized their feelings for each other around the chaos with the stalker and Jun's family, they were never able to go on a proper date. It was nice to see both of them so carefree with each other. I loved how understanding Jun was after reading the letter, almost as if he knew this was something that needed to happen for both of them to be together in the future.

The TWD ladies are my absolute favorite! Their wild imagination of what they will do if Jun's mom is rude to LaLa had me dying in laughter. Haha! All of them, especially the hairdresser have really developed a liking toward LaLa. I loved that the hairdresser said that she would fight Jun's mom like LaLa's mom would, alluding to her seeing LaLa as her daughter or part of her family. I also loved that all three of them gained up on Seung Ki's mom when she said she wouldn't accept LaLa as her daughter-in-law if she was in the same situation. 

The humanize version of Jun's mom was nice to see. We get glimpse of it throughout the episode, but when she was explaining to LaLa how much Jun means to her, I couldn't help but feel for her. There is this constant pressure to be and do better from Jun's dad. She's always on her toes trying to please her husband and also protect Jun from him. Seung Ki giving Jun's mom's money back and LaLa intercepting her money envelope with her debt payment, I hope is enough for her to realize she shouldn't throw money around like that at others. I really think we saw her vulnerability in this episode and I wish we will see more in the future. Can we also get a scene where she stands up to her husband and just tells him off too?! Haha! 

Dr. Cha confessed that he knew LaLa before Eunpo in this episode. He continues to be a support for LaLa and I've come to enjoy their swings scenes. LaLa tells Dr. Cha that she knows he is DoDoSolSolLaLaSol, but Dr. Cha does not confirm that speculation so I think there will be more to this in the upcoming episodes. 

@eNDe - I agreed with @JenL. I think the wedding is related to Ha Young's and Seung Ki's business plan -- it probably has something to do with Ha Young becoming a makeup artist and Seung Ki a filmmaker/photographer. From the expression of everyone when Jun grabbed LaLa's hand, it seems like they forgot to account for him doing something like this. Haha! They were probably filming an ad for the business. :laugh: By the way, Ha Young and Seung Ki channeling their inner Steve Jobs to propose their business plan to their moms was hilarious. Haha! 

2 hours ago, eNDe said:

Can't wait to read everyone's thoughts on episode 12 because for the first time, the ending left me so confused and pondering what other new surprise and even a character are we supposed to accept so late into the story? 

Haha, have you or are you watching More Than Friends? This drama has so many K-Drama tropes showing up randomly and so late in the series that anything that happens in the other dramas I'm watching concurrently does not surprise me anymore. Haha!

In this episode we get a 6 months time jump, will this be the end of the time jumps or will we see more later on?

• Like 5

One attention to detail that I liked in today's episode was this handholding scene:

giphy.gif

This was showed after Jun asked if there was something going on and LaLa told him she just wanted to go on a date. The difference in how LaLa gave Jun her hand (compared to before when she would interlace her fingers) was enough to foreshadow that the next scene was going to be something sad. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
39 minutes ago, Tofu said:

One attention to detail that I liked in today's episode was this handholding scene:

This was showed after Jun asked if there was something going on and LaLa told him she just wanted to go on a date. The difference in how LaLa gave Jun her hand (compared to before when she would interlace her fingers) was enough to foreshadow that the next scene was going to be something sad. 

*whimper*  I'm looking forward to their reunion and date, but not looking forward to their break up. I noticed you all mentioned a 6 month time jump. That makes sense given the circumstances. But, I wonder if there will be another time jump or whether Jun will be a year older and therefor have reached legal maturity at least by the time he barges in on the wedding photos.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I noticed you all mentioned a 6 month time jump. That makes sense given the circumstances. But, I wonder if there will be another time jump or whether Jun will be a year older and therefor have reached legal maturity at least by the time he barges in on the wedding photos.

Actually this time jumps is pretty confusing. The moment Jun brought back home maybe around July or pass July (you can see at Rara debts note on Jun phone) , then there's time jump to 1 month later that lead to moment if their reunion so it should be around/pass August. Then there's scenes about Jun chat with Grandpa asking about Hayoung and Seung Gi CSAT (held in mid November) Looking at their outfit maybe it's already autumn when they break up. And then there's 6 month time jump. So it should be around April or May 2021 when Jun barges in wedding scenes. So shouldn't Jun already 19th (international age) and pass his legal age? Why he said he can't wait for winter to officially date her? 

• Like 4

Looks like there's a few teaser photos from DDSSLS's pianist's Instagram :hearties:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/instagram-updates-piano-on-beach-scenes.html

YWM4JZg.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4

Want to share some thoughts on 12th Episode

Please skip it if you don't want any spoiler

- the title of this episode is hochzeitsmarsch, it mean a wedding march.

- I really love reunion scenes between Rara and Jun. Rara play Pleasure of Love piece and she feel like Jun is there play with her. For me this scene not only illustrated how much Rara Miss Jun but also while playing the pieces she reminded of what Jun truly mean for her and who Jun really is, someone that love her sincerely and stay beside her, and that's what matter. It's beautiful yet heartbreaking.:letalQQ:

- Rara finally has a chance to thank him for save her from the stalker and also to hear Jun explanation. Even not everything yet. Their conversation is heartwarming. I think Jun at least feel relieved after told Rara about Ji Hoon.

To think that Ji Hoon is the only one he cherish from his past life and then he lost him that way. Jun must feel so depressed and not to mention his family never try to comfort him properly. His dad want him to deal with his grieves like an adult but they treat him like a kid. And his friends are the worst. I understand why he cherish Rara so much and don't want to let her go.

- Seung Gi and Hayoung..haha :wow:..I love them so much. Their personalities are just match to eachother. Clumsy but wise Seung Gi. Bold and carefree Hayoung. They are big supporter of Rara-Jun. Jun Mom start to see good sides of Eunpo folk through this kids. 

- Jun call his mom seems surprised his mom haha..maybe she never thought that Jun will do that. I bet he won't do it if Rara not ask him to do so. And I guess his mom know this.

- Rara dogde  from Jun kiss is just :laugh:..and Rara reasons is absurd as always. Maybe both are realize that their relationship won't be the same now. Not to mention that Rara already decide to break up with him at that moment. Jun may feel it that's why he ask Rara to keep her promise. 

- Jun Mom and Rara meeting was out of my expectation actually. I thought she will thread and throw money at Rara or something like that. But she came as a mother who cherish her son much. Even TWD ladies are all touched while hearing her even though they came ready to fight. Because they're parents themselves so they understand Jun Mom at this point. Rara really show her adult side here. She's so thoughtful and understanding about situation, even she hurt inside but she reassuring Jun Mom knowing her worries. We got to see other sides of Jun Mom and it seems Jun Mom also see other side of Rara. I hope she will find her courage to face her husband and fight for Jun happiness. 

To be honest I am missing Jun Mom and Mr.Chu hilarious interaction haha

- it's heartwarming too see TWD ladies protecting Rara even though they have different opinion about Rara-Jun relationship and it's understandable to see it from a mom pov. But hey, people pov can change anytime. Jin Sook-Kyeong really cherish Rara like her own daughter..am so:letalQQ:..to think that Rara grow up without a mom.

- Their break up seems inevitable. It's good things that they deal with it really well. They both believe to eachother that they will keep their promise. 

- Dr. CHa is Mr. Twinkle? Why is this not really convincing. This feel too flat of Mr. Twinkle identity revelation. :MewGiggle:. But the scenes where Dr.Cha read something on his phone while Rara do her monologue of her messages to Mr. Twinkle and then Dr. CHa is show up in front of Rara, like knowing about Rara-Jun situation kinda intrigue me. If he's not Mr.Twinkle then how did he knows? But this drama has so much twists already and often give us misleading clue so I still at my stand: Jun is the real Mr. Twinkle but Grandpa is the one that send Piano to Rara using Mr. Twinkle because he knows Jun is the real one. Maybe Dr.Cha somehow knows too, but he's asked to keep it secret that's why he didn't say anything when Rara confront him.:jkbtsthink:

- Jun nosebleed start to worry me. It's too often showed. Even I see it often in other drama, that someone got nosebleed because to much study and lack rest..but still...:thinking:

- the title of this episode alluding to the wedding scenes that give Jun heart attacks. But I agree with @JenL that it's related to Hayoung and Seung-Gi bussines. We could see that Hayoung and SG left comments under the pictures of Dr.Cha and Rara posted by Joyfull wedding. Too bad I can't understand Hangul haha so I don't know what they said. Maybe they promote this wedding event. Their reaction when they see Jun dragging out Rara be like '"oh damn we forgot to tell him, but how did he find out?!?.":psweatduck:

And that's thanks to Rara's ex-future husband haha..I bet all characters has their own part and job so the story could flow.

- just can't wait for next episode

Side note ; I love how this drama give proportional time screen for every characters

I am so sorry for such a long post..

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
8 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Actually this time jumps is pretty confusing. The moment Jun brought back home maybe around July or pass July (you can see at Rara debts note on Jun phone) , then there's time jump to 1 month later that lead to moment if their reunion so it should be around/pass August. Then there's scenes about Jun chat with Grandpa asking about Hayoung and Seung Gi CSAT (held in mid November) Looking at their outfit maybe it's already autumn when they break up. And then there's 6 month time jump. So it should be around April or May 2021 when Jun barges in wedding scenes. So shouldn't Jun already 19th (international age) and pass his legal age? Why he said he can't wait for winter to officially date her? 

Hi! If you will look at the banner of Jaemin's competition, it's written there 2020. 9. 19. So Rara's abduction happened at September and when she got separated with Jun. Their reunion happened a month later in October and their break up happened sometime in late November or early Dec (look at Jun's phone when he was texting Harabuji and it said there Nov. 28., it was also the day that Jun rushed to Rara because of the bike accident). Then the time jump to the fake wedding 6 months later which is early May of 2021. By then Jun should be a legal adult in Korea like Hayoung and Seunggi when they said that they're adults to their mothers when they presented their business plan. Koreans all age one year on Jan. 1 and they just celebrate their bday but as far as age goes, Jun is considered legal adult as of Jan of 2021. In Ep. 11, Jun's mother said that he has to take the GED in spring and sit for his university exams in autumn, usually univ results come out at winter time. I guess Jun is waiting to be admitted to college so he can date rara freely. I hope this helps;) I am really enjoying DDSSLLS like you.

Edited by Unnie0110
  • Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, JenL said:

Looks like there's a few teaser photos from DDSSLS's pianist's Instagram :hearties:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/instagram-updates-piano-on-beach-scenes.html

Aww..this's gonna be such a sweet scene..I hope it's just not imagination..but who left the piano on seashore..the staff work realy hard:MewGiggle:

Thanks @JenL it's always nice to have someone so organized around:taebtsthanks:

2 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

Hi! If you will look at the banner of Jaemin's competition, it's written there 2020. 9. 19. So Rara's abduction happened at September and went she got separated with Jun. Their reunion happened a month later in October and their break up happened sometime in late November or early Dec (look at Jun's phone when he was texting Harabuji and it said there Nov. 28., it was also the day that Jun rushed to Rara because of the bike accident). Then the time jump to the fake wedding 6 months later which is early May of 2021. By then Jun should be a legal adult in Korea like Hayoung and Seunggi when they said that they're adults to their mothers when they presented their business plan. Koreans all age one year on Jan. 1 and they just celebrate their bday but as far as age goes, Jun is considered legal adult as of Jan of 2021. In Ep. 11, Jun's mother said that he has to take the CSAT in spring and sit for his university exams in autumn, usually univ results come out at winter time. I guess Jun is waiting to be admitted to college so he can date rara freely. I hope this helps;) I am really enjoying DDSSLLS like you.

Aww..thank you so much..I miss the banner..so we can expect time jump to winter next year. Yes maybe they break up at December because it happens after Rara bike incident. 

Thank you so much for explaining. :taebtsthanks::heart:

Edited by stroppyse
Please remove images, videos from your quotes. Thank you.
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
14 hours ago, eNDe said:

Yeah I rewatched the last scene and observed HY and SK's, and Grandpa's expressions...they were the only ones that gave me a hint of it's not what it seems. Thanks for sharing this! Gonna celebrate my first niece's 12th birthday starting tomorrow till weekend so I was trying not to carry my confused thoughts haha. Will be back to read all posts on ep 12! :hearties:

Haha that's what I plan to do tonight - a re-watch! Might re-watch before I write down my thoughts to be honest. I was so focused on what was going to happen next (like when is this wedding?!) and also all those flutters when Jun and Lala were reunited that I forgot to really think about what I wanted to write! :MewGiggle:

But I do want to point out some facts as I see it with Dr Cha and Lala's wedding:

-Lala's character on the whole feels uncomfortable with telling lies and keeping secrets, so doubt she would do this to Jun. If she had changed her mind, she would probably have told him straight out....but she clearly loves him, even knowing his real age now, so doubt she wouldn't wait for him. :hearties:

-HY and SK spent a lot of time and effort trying to get Jun & Lala back together again. Even within Episode 12. So I doubt that they would suddenly turn on Jun. I could even see them getting Jun if Lala had somehow been talked into marrying Dr Cha for some other reasons. :poliWeird:

-We never got to hear about HY & SK's business plan and both of them are good at wedding related things (HY- make up & SK-filming)...Also, as @Just_Me said, this show seems to throw out red herrings like no other! Lots of fun tricky twists and turns.

-Grandpa is also fond of Jun for having save his life and can communicate with him over the phone to send his concert footage...so he'd be the first to left Jun know if anything was going on. :valid:

-If Dr Cha was getting married, you'd think he would invite Lala's ex/ runaway groom because they're really good friends. But he didn't get an invite and had to find out on social media and through a friend....so seems unlikely to be a real wedding. It looks like he drove up with Dr Cha's wife because they were probably nosy and maybe annoyed they weren't invited?

-One weird thing I noticed when the TWD ladies were talking to the camera was that they said "It's fun to plan a wedding" instead of "It's fun to go to a wedding"...not sure if this is just Netflix's translations, but I remember thinking that's a weird thing to say. So clearly it's got something to do with the planning. :ChikoWTF:

-Finally everyone knows how madly in love Jun is with Lala :heart:...I can't tell if they forgot to tell him or purposely "forgot" to tell him...because even if they'd told him he would have been so jealous especially because the groom was Dr Cha. He would never allow it :laugh:

14 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I think that's how Jun feeling when he heard about Dr. Cha and Rara wedding:laugh:

Hahaha, I totally felt his feelings :laugh:

14 hours ago, Just_Me said:

And so much time jump already hahaha

Btw, so Dr. CHa really is Mr. Twinkle? Why it doesn't feel right. In the preview it seem Rara finally know about the piano so there's possibilities that Dr. CHa is not Mr. Twinkle but he know who Mr.Twinkle is that's why he keep quiet about it even Rara confront him.

The new girl..ah it must be Jun parents doing. They must be want him to date a girl that they think more "suitable" for him

So many time jumps! Normally I don't like them, but this story is just so quirky and fun and I think they're slooowwwyyy trying to age Jun up, so I don't mind. 

I'm also suspicious about Twinkle. It felt like it was handed to us too easily - and this show does not do easy handovers! :lol:

Also, I felt like there was no confirmation...but also sometimes they cut things out for a future epilogue and then the truth comes out...which is what I'm suspecting. :heiboi:

Not sure how I feel about a new girl...but I'm not worried since Jun loves Lala and also Lala has the ability to charm anyone! :popcorn:

• Like 5

Finally got to watch Ep 12, and I actually loved it after all!

I don't think Dr. Cha is Twinkle Twinkle, though not sure why he didn't refute LL when she told him that she knew he was Twinkle Twinkle.

Jun turned legal adult when HY and SK did, since as @Unnie0110, Koreans all age together on Jan 1 regardless of their calendar birth date during the year. However, Jun is studying for his entrance exams, and so probably is waiting to figure out and start university before he will feel free to date LL. Btw, uni students are encouraged to date once they've done the hard part of getting in and starting uni, so this isn't too unusual. He's still pretty young in terms of their age difference and they're still at different stages in life and positions in society, but I loved how Jun was so resounding and insistent that they will be together, and that 5 years won't be anything at all when they are in their 30's or 80's. He's so right about that.

I'm also encouraged by the fact that both LL and Jun expect their separation to be temporary, and they both voice it, either internally or explicitly.

Which means I also believe that the wedding is just a total set up for HY and SK's new business rather than an actual wedding. A lot of other posts have done well to point out reasons why the wedding isn't real, and I agree with all of them. Not to mention, when Jun grabs LL's hand and starts running with her (btw, anyone else think about the American movie The Graduate in that scene?), LL doesn't put up any protests, but runs with Jun. Her focus at that moment is on Jun and how upset he is, rather than worrying about anything else.

I do think the new girl in the preview is a set up by Jun's parents, though whether she seems to be someone Jun already knows. I'm not concerned at all about that though, given how constant Jun's feelings are. I do expect Jun and LL's relationship to get tested a little bit more though. I'm torn as to whether I want LL to feel jealous or not.

I love the TWD ladies, and had to laugh when the one lady patted herself saying what a good thing it was to decide not to have children, that not having children was a much happier state of being. LOL. I'm looking forward to when HY and SK start dating though since I'm expecting their respective mothers to have a conniption fit about it before they finally settle into being in-laws. In SK, I do think that being in-laws can really complicate a friendship as they negotiate wanting their child to have the upper edge while being mindful that their child's partner is the son/daughter of their friend.

Also @Unnie0110, I think this is your first time posting to this thread? Anyway, I'm happy to see you here, and hope to read more of your thoughts and reactions to this drama!

• Like 6

I shed a few tears in episode 12 for the scene between Jun's mum and Rara. In the past episodes, I always thought she was rude and overbearing, but once she said they had Jun really late and he was conceived through in vitro fertilisation... I cried, as it totally explained her behaviour and I could relate to her overprotectiveness and understand how precious he is to her. Plus, it helps that she actually soften up to Rara in that scene (Rara working her charm again). That whole scene up to the bit where hairdresser ahjumma hugs Rara and Rara's eyes were tearing up got the better of me emotionally.

I don't know what others think, but I am positive about the show and the writing is heading towards the right path in terms of dealing with the OTP's age gap, as well as the illegal/legal age issue. Both are calm and clear minded. They know it well that the hardship/separation they face now is just temporary. Rather than being immature or elope, they acted responsibly and decided to work hard towards a future where they both can be together again. That's very positive and a good message to convey to the general public, no? ^ ^

I don't see there's one ounce of noble idiocy in their choices. It's a necessary approach.

Jun is well aware that his duty as a son is to do well in his studies, ensuring that his future/career is stable. Once he is financially independent, he is free. The rest can all be "negotiated" because at the end of the day, no parents can win against their children, especially him - the precious one & only, HA! Nice one, writernim.

As for the wedding, it's definitely fake. SY was streaming live (I can see people giving reactions on his phone) and yes, both their reactions to Jun's appearance is clear that this must be their "business" they were proposing to the Ahjumma deul.

Edit: Oh I forgot, love the part where Go Ara and Jae Wook played the young version of Haraboji & Halmoni. I especially love the bit where he was holding her hand and he caress her fingers. Just that little gesture conveys so much love and adoration for Halmoni. I also like that I don't actually see Ara and Jae Wook as Rara and Jun but imagining it to be Lee Soon Jae haraboji and halmoni... ♥

Edit 2: Love the show occasionally referencing to Extraordinary You. This time we have "Eun Dan Oh" hahaha

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Finally got to watch Ep 12, and I actually loved it after all!

I don't think Dr. Cha is Twinkle Twinkle, though not sure why he didn't refute LL when she told him that she knew he was Twinkle Twinkle.

Jun turned legal adult when HY and SK did, since as @Unnie0110, Koreans all age together on Jan 1 regardless of their calendar birth date during the year. However, Jun is studying for his entrance exams, and so probably is waiting to figure out and start university before he will feel free to date LL. Btw, uni students are encouraged to date once they've done the hard part of getting in and starting uni, so this isn't too unusual. He's still pretty young in terms of their age difference and they're still at different stages in life and positions in society, but I loved how Jun was so resounding and insistent that they will be together, and that 5 years won't be anything at all when they are in their 30's or 80's. He's so right about that.

I'm also encouraged by the fact that both LL and Jun expect their separation to be temporary, and they both voice it, either internally or explicitly.

Which means I also believe that the wedding is just a total set up for HY and SK's new business rather than an actual wedding. A lot of other posts have done well to point out reasons why the wedding isn't real, and I agree with all of them. Not to mention, when Jun grabs LL's hand and starts running with her (btw, anyone else think about the American movie The Graduate in that scene?), LL doesn't put up any protests, but runs with Jun. Her focus at that moment is on Jun and how upset he is, rather than worrying about anything else.

I do think the new girl in the preview is a set up by Jun's parents, though whether she seems to be someone Jun already knows. I'm not concerned at all about that though, given how constant Jun's feelings are. I do expect Jun and LL's relationship to get tested a little bit more though. I'm torn as to whether I want LL to feel jealous or not.

I love the TWD ladies, and had to laugh when the one lady patted herself saying what a good thing it was to decide not to have children, that not having children was a much happier state of being. LOL. I'm looking forward to when HY and SK start dating though since I'm expecting their respective mothers to have a conniption fit about it before they finally settle into being in-laws. In SK, I do think that being in-laws can really complicate a friendship as they negotiate wanting their child to have the upper edge while being mindful that their child's partner is the son/daughter of their friend.

Also @Unnie0110, I think this is your first time posting to this thread? Anyway, I'm happy to see you here, and hope to read more of your thoughts and reactions to this drama!

Thank you @stroppyse, I am usually a silent reader of threads for Kdramas but I really love DDSSLLS and can't help but join in the fun of your thread. Just want to point out that Jun is supposed to take his GED in spring of 2021 and I assumed it's over by the time he took Rara away from the fake wedding hahaha but he still need to take his CSAT in Nov of that year so I am assuming that we'll see more time leaps in the next episodes. I cannot wait until he is out of university and can freely date or marry Rara. He is a very mature and responsible 19 year old (despite the fact that he ran away from home because of a traumatic event in his life) and I am certain through his character traits and developments that he'll become a great adult. I hope Rara continues to grow as well so when they finally can be together, they can have a life that is worthy of their sacrifices. 

One more thought, I really loved the part when Rara said that Jun's friend's death is not his fault, I felt sorry for Jun for it seemed that Rara was the only one who told him that. In that moment, I think that her mere words and comfort freed Jun from his past. It shows how intuitive and understanding Rara is especially to Jun. Kudos to Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook for portraying their roles so well and so heartfelt that I cannot but root for their characters every step of the way. Ah Wednesday, why so far away?;)

Edited by Unnie0110
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

I know it’s a little late in the game, but can I join in this thread as well?! I’ve really enjoyed reading all the thoughtful comments left on this site. @stroppyse it’s really good to see you here!!! I remember you from couple of other threads on different dramas I’ve watched! 

ive been a long time drama watcher and have mostly been a silent reader, but something about ddsslls has captured my heart that I can’t help but want to post and share my love of this drama! I find the writing incredibly well written and I love how they seem to subvert some common tropes. I agree with everyone’s assessment that the weddings a fake out and it most likely has to do with HY and SG business proposal. 

I always thought that Juns reaction to rara was too intense for seeing her for the first time and speculated that their connection goes further back than what We have been shown. someone else had pointed out that he shows up in the epilogue when rara loses her wallet and I went to go look back and in episode 9 it totally looks like Juns profile. @Just_Me further confirmed it when she posted this https://www.instagram.com/p/CGwtckVBaR_/?igshid=1owvz6swug1it

I wonder if it was just a brief encounter or something more happened? 

also I usually hate noble idiocy and don’t think that is at all what is happening here. I’ve said that Jun needs to be able to face his current situation and stop running away. Part of that is taking the responsibility of finishing up school or his ged and becoming a “real adult” that can be truly independent and on his own. After this latest time jump im pretty sure Jun is of

legal age, so I see no obstacle for Jun and rara to be together now. Just love them!!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Ok, just finished a re-watch and these are my thoughts. Apologies in advance for a veryyyy long post!

Episode 12

- I liked this episode a lot for all the good and terrible emotions it stirred in me while watching. This show is just so fun and crazy and it's hard to predict what will happen exactly. You guess some things...and then other things whack you on the head out of nowhere!

-Ahhhh, the reunion!! :heart:  Every bit as heart fluttery as I wanted it to be...their gaze, the way he held her :letalQQ:

-I loved their heart to heart. it covered all the heavy topics with a refreshing lightness that doesn't often happen in dramas! I like how they acknowledged that they had both suffered in different ways :MewGiggle: Lala's telling of her sufferings sounded so fun, but it really wasn't fun for for her at all and I liked that Jun knew this and didn't misunderstand but joked about how he was the only one who starved. I also liked that they showed how much Jun has been influenced by the town's people through Lala teasing him that he had picked up everyone's personalities. :lol:

-Another thing about that heart to heart: Lala wasn't mad at Jun anymore because she'd had all that time to process why he must have done what he did and she just wanted to hear it from him. She didn't scold him for his choices, but listened and supported him, the way his family haven't in the past. 

- How cute was Jun's speech trying to convince Lala they'd be together in their old age? and THAT ADORABLE WINK!! :laugh: He used Lala's own moves against her and she knew it! This bit actually reminded me of Clueless again when Lala said something like it'd be gross having to be old and wrinkly together. Such a Cher move!

-Hahaha Poor SK with the threat of needles as he was trying to hold the fort for Jun at the hospital. I was laughing hard at this, but also feeling so sorry for him! :laugh: Him and HY were soooo cool, especially when they gave the money back to Jun's mum :BulbaOWO: I mean, they would have known they needed the money to start their business later on (something I suspect they had probably planned for awhile given their pitch to the TWD ajummas), but they have the dignity and wisdom not to accept money thrown at them. And did you see the way HY looked proudly at SK when he gave it back? Love is definitely there! I laughed when the TWD ajummas thought those two were spending the night together...not that I blame them! 

- This drama and flutters! I think this has been the most fluttery I've been with a drama for awhile! - Jun pulling his moves and telling Lala that she's all he ever thinks about was very very sweet :hearties: I was dead at this point, but revived by the comical way Lala dodged him and told him he needed to grow a little more. I just really loved the way they handled the age thing with humour - Lala, no matter how much she loves Jun, just wants to do the right thing for him and for herself, but I liked that she told him in her typical Lala way. That sequence was really playful from the way Jun leaned on the pillar and joked about drinking more milk to the way he respected her wishes, but asked her to keep their promise :wow: I just crawled into my coffin at this point, killed by cuteness.

-Heh, Lala talking about lending SK Mimi's clothes made was so funny.

-There is definitely something up with Jun's health - another nosebleed, his mother telling him to get a health check (which he misses to steal Lala from her wedding) and his awful father still pressuring him and his mother...I really, really hope it's not serious :letalQQ:

-The TWD ajummas imaginations about protecting Lala made me laugh SO much!! It was like the perfect comedy sequence with all their costumes and expressions. My favourite was English-speaking ajumma taking the water splash and then jeering at Jun's mum :lol:

-Can I just say I really, really loved that talk between Jun's mum and Lala? All this time I've been so annoyed at his mum. But it was good to finally see her as an actual person, dropping her facade to reveal vulnerabilities. That Jun was their only child through IVF explains so much about why she guards him with eagle eyes. But I liked how much despite she said she didn't like Lala, she clearly did - no one can resist Lala's charms, not even Jun's mother :BulbaOWO:. As for Lala, I liked that she respected Jun's mum because she'd probably always wanted to know her own mother and was empathetic about how hard it must be in her position and how messy their situation was. From the scene where Jun's mother intervened when the father was going to 'do something' I wonder if she will protect Lala outright later.

-Another motherly scene I loved so much was the one with the hairdresser and Lala just after they got home :heart: I actually got a bit teary here (And trust me, I am a stone when it comes to tears. Rarely ever cry in dramas or films). I loved the way she felt so heartbroken for Lala selling her car to pay Jun back. And when Lala said that line about giving up cherished things sometimes, I loved the way she hugged her. I feel like she gave Lala a bit of the feeling of having a mother, when she needed that most.

-That final date was so cute even though you knew the sad bit was coming up - Jun's look of elation when Lala came to him crushed me! Lala's break up letter was so touching and as always, I love that Jun respected her wishes. That's what I love about them both - there are no real misunderstandings. They know each is wanting the best for the other. :wow::letalQQ::1000:

-Upon my re-watch I noticed that Dr Cha still hasn't mentioned to Lala he was at her wedding, just the recital. And also he looked reallllly uncomfortable when she said he was DDSSLLS. I wonder if his denial will be an epilogue...Also another thing to add to the fake wedding. One time when Jun called and told Lala not to spend too much time with Dr Cha, she tells him that he's feeling jealous over nothing...and Mimi says so too. So I'm gonna trust Mimi on that one for sure! :laugh:

Think this post might be longer than yours @Just_Me :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1