Havenites Dabang

19 hours ago, Gochu said:

to be honest. i think their songs suck. I Just like the members, not their music :Ghastlel:

for that era, i was more into SHinhwa and Sechs Kies (for boy bands) and SES and Baby Vox for girl bands.

I think G.O.D was most popular for 3 songs. Road (Gil), Observation, and one more.. 

Loll! I agree that Shinhwa is better as well. I only got into them when they came back after their military but their songs have definite familiarity even if I may not know it was them earlier. 

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

9 minutes ago, bairama said:

@mirmz oooooh my bad again:laugh::Rip: AND BTW think im missing the news but who is jeff & carter. Are both the one that makes you into crush meme mode:pandabonk:

okay so jeff is one of my crushes 

and carter is the other one!

(note: that's not their real names but i probably shouldnt put their actual names on the internet sooooo i made fake ones for them!)

also if ur confused just ask @abs-oluteM 

apparently she thinks that me crushing on people is entertaining?

idk

Edited by mirmz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Star Struck 2

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

Explosion Mic Drop GIF by P.O.S. - Find & Share on GIPHY

ttyl people <3

29 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Yep, still watching Search. Like TraNz said, it had an interesting revelation. However I think because I have seen way too many kdramas, I knew straight away that "X" wouldn't exist just in the past. Hahaha. Trying to keep it spoiler free, but don't think I'm doing a good job. Are you up to date at least to last week's episode? Will check out episode 9 soon. I've been catching up on dramas this weekend while making sure I do my house chores too. Going back to work really consume most of my energy on weekdays.

@JenL I tried 2 episodes of The Devil Punisher but cannot continue on with 3. Sigh. I get goosebumps from the too intentional close-up (them being very close to each other) of the OTP. Kdramas had really raised my expectation/taste in drama execution and story-telling. :pandascared:

Hmmm does Search get more interesting? Wondering if I should give it another chance. I was just bored in episode 1...but I remembered recently, I was also going to drop DDSSLLS after episode 1 and now I'm so addicted :laugh: I think sometimes it's the settling into a new series feeling and the pacing of the story needs to feel right.

@mademoiselle Fair enough! Haha, there are many things I'd like to fix up about Taiwanese drama story lines and production (The Devil Punisher included), but I just love their actors and industry so muchhhhhh :BulbaOWO: 

I tend to swing back and forth between T-dramas and K-dramas because both have things that fill the gaps of the other:

I'm often a little disappointed with K-drama behind the scenes stuff because it's usually just footage of them actually filming the scene, which is kind of boring. And depending on which actors are in your shows, sometimes they don't promote their own projects very much. Whereas Taiwanese behind the scenes are funny because there's a lot of actor's in-jokes and play acting as their characters or pranking each other and cast chemistry is usually so good :hearties: Also all actors tend to put in a lot of effort promoting on their own socials etc. Even if they're working on 2-3 projects, they work tirelessly with personal pics and videos. I probably do get more out of Taiwanese stuff from understanding Chinese too...but not Korean, so it can suck waiting for translations. :PiplupCry:

But I definitely love Korean dramas a lot more for the high quality of the dramas - in writing, visuals and acting - everything runs so smoothly :CharmanderYay: The official stills through the TV stations are also so prettyyyy :wow: And there's a good standard of original content - they come up with such interesting ideas. I have noticed sometimes T-dramas borrow from these, but I think they'd be much better off developing their own content and raising the quality instead.

I do think in recent years both have improved in their gaps though - I like that Netflix/The Swoon run games for the Korean actors, and everything is translated, so there's more interest for the series. And Taiwanese dramas have improved incredibly - Someday or One Day and Yong Jiu Grocery Store were both really good and loved even in Korea. SETTV series like Lost Romance and The Devil Punisher are more popular, but often more for the actors - less quality with story-telling though. :lenny:

(Sorry this is so long. I got carried away) :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 5

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL Koreans really focus on making their visuals as beautiful and pleasing to the eyes. It's really hard not to be picky these days! :scaredpanda2: I used to watch a huge variety and what's on the limited TV channels we had - US, HK, M'Sia, SG, TW and Japan. But after picking up on Kdramas and spent (too much) time reading opinions/recaps or exchange thoughts on forums, I see that level of differences in visual quality and execution. I even see the differences the effort actors put. I'm also picky with how they deliver their lines now. And because I understand Mandarin so the actors' delivery need to be pleasing to the ears too.

I came across one variety show where A asked B to challenge acting; B said he can't convinced himself to go into acting when he can't speak the language fluently (he's multilingual). C then tells B it's ok, especially in period dramas their voices will be dubbed. I was NOT impressed. Granted it's how that industry works, but it is evident the actors are not trying hard to improve when they can be better. I've seen similar criticisms before from local viewers and after hearing this myself I guess they were right.

For TW dramas, I've seen a lot back in the days, I have my favourites too even though they may not meet the standard I have now. Mike He used to be my Oppa too, hahaha, that's why I checked out The Devil Punisher. I might check out "One Day" when I'm up to it. I remember you mentioned it before and again here so I google the preview. I do like the female lead (enjoyed her in Office Girls) and your guy seems promising. :smile:

Edit: I was trying hard to shorten this essay but still look so loooong!

3 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm often a little disappointed with K-drama behind the scenes stuff because it's usually just footage of them actually filming the scene, which is kind of boring.

It depends I think. I have come across a fair few which have more interesting footage of the OTPs e.g. Brahms, Extraordinary You (the contrast of Rowoon and Hye Yoon on and off-screens are so interesting :laugh:). However in general, I spend less time watching BTS and mostly focus on the bits with my fave OTPs only (mainly because I'm lazy and no patience since it isn't the drama).

Taiwanese have this ratings promise, don't they? Are they still doing that? Some Korean drama team tried to do it too but they don't reach the ratings they set (LOL) so we see very little of them doing activities they promised. I remember 100 Days My Prince danced to Growl - that was fun. Kim Seon Ho totally gave up :laugh:

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Hmmm does Search get more interesting? Wondering if I should give it another chance. I was just bored in episode 1...but I remembered recently, I was also going to drop DDSSLLS after episode 1 and now I'm so addicted. I think sometimes it's the settling into a new series feeling and the pacing of the story needs to feel right.

True. Sometimes a drama takes way too many episodes to become interesting. A Piece of Your Mind was like that for me. "Search" did get a bit more interesting. Personally, I think it is average. Considering it is OCN, it isn't as "wow" as what I'd expect..? Let's say I wouldn't highly recommend and sell hard or can guarantee everyone would like it. Hahaha, not as confident on this one. What do you think @SilverMoonTea?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, mirmz said:

also if ur confused just ask @abs-oluteM 

apparently she thinks that me crushing on people is entertaining?

idk

LOLOL she is that kind of maam that wants to knows how the growth of our love story and find it entertaining if it is floating or sailing or whatever:laugh::laugh: 

But I interested too in kind of this topic:laugh: I ship TranZ and Phikyl & named it BoomPhi for life and kinda rooting for an matchmaking between members event someday:pandarage2: (cc: @SnowBlob) lol

so please keep telling us if you dont mind because who knows we can get great tips here from ahjummas all around the world. I'm learning too:pandasipsip:

OMG @JenL you watched Someday or One Day?!! That's my ultimate watchlist of Tw drama (will be my first Tw drama actually). Hope I can watch it soon:pandapray: AND dont be sorry for your long wall text of excitement Im enjoying all the passion, oh please keep going:pandalove:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

29 minutes ago, bairama said:

But I interested too in kind of this topic I ship TranZ and Phikyl & named it BoomPhi for life and kinda rooting for an matchmaking between members event someday (cc: @SnowBlob) lol

:eeeee: I'm looking forward to see the result of the "match-making" too.

@Phikyl Pressure is on. lol.

:pandapopcorn:

... Don't kill me please :pandaangel:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Shocked 1

@mademoiselle yeah Search not until need to hard sell. But I quite enjoyed it, its better than my expectation actually. 

If its only 10 eps like @abs-oluteM said, then I have high confident to finish this. As I'm alrd on ep 8. The child lost quite engaging, and the auntie actually my fav. So steady, haha... 

@mademoiselle so finally I weather the MTF ep 12&13 lol... diabetic to max lols... ep 13 is better tho. Soo's mom & father actually as angsty as the young love lols... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

:eeeee: I'm looking forward to see the result of the "match-making" too.

@Phikyl Pressure is on. lol.

:pandapopcorn:

... Don't kill me please :pandaangel:

I love how you guys tag me for this but not @TRaNz. Is he really that scary? :pandabonk: :smile: @bairama Don't think I didn't notice you were the instigator here. :MewWave: 

@mirmz I actually liked Pre-algebra and Algebra in general. Guess I'm the oddball here. lol. :pandawizard: If you're still looking for an anime and have any interest at all in Greek mythology, Blood of Zeus on Netflix is pretty good! Not sure what the viewer rating is though so might want to eyeball that first. :lol:

PS. Loving all the new emojis!

• Haha 6
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

If its only 10 eps like @abs-oluteM said, then I have high confident to finish this. As I'm alrd on ep 8. The child lost quite engaging, and the auntie actually my fav. So steady, haha... 

@mademoiselle so finally I weather the MTF ep 12&13 lol... diabetic to max lols... ep 13 is better tho. Soo's mom & father actually as angsty as the young love lols... 

The auntie you mean the lil' girl's mother, right? I was ok with her up until ep9, lol. She did something foolish. Overestimated herself.

MTF - LOL, not that diabetic lar. But like I told Tofu in the thread, the interest level is ↘ even for me... sigh. Nonetheless, I will finish it. Three more episodes anyway. In writing this I realised I haven't seen the latest episode! Side tracked by chores, ants & spiders.

10 minutes ago, Phikyl said:

I love how you guys tag me for this but not @TRaNz. Is he really that scary? :pandabonk: :smile: @bairama Don't think I didn't notice you were the instigator here.

:GrowDerp: Hahahaha... a little bit. But mostly because you're the one guessing this time (if you are playing).

15 minutes ago, Phikyl said:

PS. Loving all the new emojis!

We work hard for it! :pandachamp:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Awesome 2
5 hours ago, Phikyl said:

@mirmz I actually liked Pre-algebra and Algebra in general. Guess I'm the oddball here. lol. :pandawizard: If you're still looking for an anime and have any interest at all in Greek mythology, Blood of Zeus on Netflix is pretty good! Not sure what the viewer rating is though so might want to eyeball that first. :lol:

how do u like algebra?!?!?!?!?!?

also i would love to watch blood of zeus butttt i dont have netflix :"(

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Tasty 1

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

ttyl people <3

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Maths can actually be enjoyable @mirmz, especially when your teacher likes teaching it. I like it too, in the sense that it's an exact science.

true but the thing is i have a math teacher who acts like she hates children

why wiuld u be a teacher if u hate kids?!?!?

i just dont get it

mirmz = confusion

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 2

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

ttyl people <3

2 hours ago, mirmz said:

how do u like algebra?!?!?!?!?!?

also i would love to watch blood of zeus butttt i dont have netflix :"(

I don't know. I've always just liked figuring out variables and such. Plus, I had really good teachers for Algebra 1 and 2. It's easy to love a class when you're good at it and the teachers take the time to make sure you understand the core concepts. Also, math answers don't change! Once you understand how to figure things out, you'll know how to do it every time. Unlike with some other classes where the concepts/accepted outcomes change every few months it seems. :lol:

If you don't have Netflix, where do you watch your anime?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MDL                  Currently Watching: Hidden Love, Fireworks of My Heart, Erkenci Kus, King the Land

spacer.png

8 hours ago, mirmz said:

true but the thing is i have a math teacher who acts like she hates children

why wiuld u be a teacher if u hate kids?!?!?

Now that is sad. Is she always like that?

Maybe the teacher is tired, or experiencing burn out. At the end of the day, even a dedicated teacher's energy and patience would dim and dip down.

Can you tune out her "hostility" during classes, focus only with her lectures? Until you are done with schooling,  it won't be the last time you will have a teacher who seems to dislike teaching. Just as you'll also have teachers you'll like so much because they teach so well.

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Now that is sad. Is she always like that?

no not really but sometimes i just get the feeling like she hates her students i mean i dont think im a bad student or anything but whatever. im just glad i have teachers who actually enjoy their job.

Edited by mirmz
  • Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

ttyl people <3

Maths .... *shudders*

---

Monday is over. Thank goodness. 4 more days to go. Soon I need to do a X'mas holiday countdown :pandaxmas:

---

@TRaNz Wait. In kdramaland, episode 13-15 are angst episodes! Are you hinting the ship is charging towards an icebergs? How did we already missed out on the episode 8 kiss, episode 10's hand-holding, episode 11's hugs and episode 12's meet the parents?!!  @bairama We need to do a re-watch. *Hitting the re-play button* :GrowDerp:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7