Havenites Dabang

@SilverMoonTea - Your Chen Xiao oppa might have another drama out at the end of January. It is a crime drama (Being a Hero) and he will be working alongside the great Wang YiBo! :heart:

giphy.gif

@Thong Thin - That's so cute. The knife at the end is a bit frightening but I understand she was trying to say that they can't have anything to eat or drink because of surgery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
On 1/4/2021 at 11:25 AM, Darkarcana said:

Do y’all have any dramas be it kdramas or Cdramas that involves this few categories:

- Family

- Protagonist (ML) is blood related from the main family in the story

- Protagonist doesn’t want to affiliate himself with the family at first, but he did it anyways.

- Family conflict, Protagonist uses his way to get to the top 

- Corruption (optional)

- Protagonist actually have a sort of good talking relationship with his family members (optional)

Tell me please~ I’m craving for these recently haha

When I read this, the drama that popped out into my mind among many dramas that I have watched was a KBS family drama 'Father is Strange'. I liked and enjoyed watching the drama. 

Like many other KBS weekend drama, it has several main characters so the focus of the story not only on one lead character. It is a story of middle class family which consists of the father, his wife, their three daughters, and their one son. However, one day, a young man, who is a celebrity, shows up at the household claiming that he is the son of the family. The celebrity is an idol turned actor who can't really act well. One day he decided to look for his birth father and moved to live with him, to help him with his acting. The father has been living with his friend's identity due to an accident. When he knew the actor was his friend's son, he couldn't turned him away and accept the request to live together. His own children was angry and dumbfounded at first but later on they get along pretty well. 

Another KBS weekend drama that sounds similar to your descriptions, but the main character and plot focus more on daughter and mother relationship. The drama tittle is Mother of Mine. It tells about a mother who raises her three daughters while running a restaurant. The middle daughter, who is a successful career woman, is actually not the biological daughter, but the mother's niece.  His younger brother died and his wife decided to marry with a man from rich family while leaving their daughter. Years past and in present day the daughter and birth mother unknowingly work in the same company. The daughter even fall in love with the heir of the company.

For this drama, I dropped it in the middle because I lost my interest and only watch the rest of episodes from short clips in the youtube. :psweatduck:

I believe @stroppysewatched both. If I remember correctly I saw her username in SF when I was lurking around the drama thread. Maybe she shares her view too...

@Jane It's never too late to watch a good show. I'm still listening to their song. It's quite addictive @im0202 even bought their album!

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 5

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

11 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@Tofuthe police drama I saw the trailer. My oppa buried under heavy mustache... :cry: Barely recognized him...

You all Yibo looks good..., why make my oppa looked like homeless man? :nervous:

That seems to be the look for detectives apparently because even Namgoong Min look like that in Awaken. :idk:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@abs-oluteM - Because we decided not to watch this, can you (or anyone else) guess who this smile belongs to? :smug: 

TFVvS3l.jpg

If you guessed:

Spoiler

Kim Young Kwang, you are correct!! 

16ahVGf.jpg

UyJTDeM.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks for playing! I'll be back with more smiles and abs in the future for you and everyone to guess. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM - Because we decided not to watch this, can you (or anyone else) guess who this smile belongs to?

ahahahah...of course I can recognise that smile...KYK....I am still undecided if I will watch...maybe I will check it out..see if oppa's power is strong enough :GrowDerp:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you guys not watching KYK's drama?

Hide contents

But true, I'm also not very eager too... lol

i adore this man. He's on my permanent oppa list - i hv watched 90% of his stuff , but the actress - am not a big fan.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I like Lee Re though (the young actress in that preview). I love her in MotA with HB... sighhh. KYK can be a hit or miss for his drama choices. He's also my Oppa, but whether it is permanent that I cannot guarantee hahaha.

I agree that his drama choices give me headache. Like I really couldn't stomach Room 9. But I enjoyed The Secret Life of My Secretary. I have endured many dramas for him ahhahaha... Let's see how this drama goes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

I agree that his drama choices give me headache. Like I really couldn't stomach Room 9. But I enjoyed The Secret Life of My Secretary. I have endured many dramas for him ahhahaha... Let's see how this drama goes.

Hahahaha then I'm the odd one. I enjoyed Room 9 :idk: but for the storyline not the loveline. It was weird that he was paired with KHS and they were a couple. I suppose if LMH can be KHS's love interest in Faith, why not KYK since they are both 1987. Did you like Look Out with Lee Si Young? I remember looking forward to it and felt really let down by the storyline. The same for Sweet Stranger & Me. I think KYK has potential but at the moment I can't really name a drama that I really like/love him in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
49 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you like Look Out with Lee Si Young? I remember looking forward to it and felt really let down by the storyline. The same for Sweet Stranger & Me. I think KYK has potential but at the moment I can't really name a drama that I really like/love him in.

Ahhh I like both ...Lookout (sans the ending) was a pretty good drama & I love the cast. I didn't mind Sweet Stranger - that's how I noticed WDH!! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

.I am still undecided if I will watch...maybe I will check it out.

That's true. I may check it out too because his facial expressions look hilarious in that teaser. Have you and @mademoiselle seen his episode on I Live Alone? He tried so hard to get a reaction out of his nieces (he put on some costumes) but they just stared at him like "what is uncle doing?" I laughed so much and felt so bad for him at the same time. :laugh:

• Heart Eyes 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

That's true. I may check it out too because his facial expressions look hilarious in that teaser. Have you and @mademoiselle seen his episode on I Live Alone? He tried so hard to get a reaction out of his nieces (he put on some costumes) but they just stared at him like "what is uncle doing?" I laughed so much and felt so bad for him at the same time.

Is that the MBC variety show? I saw a couple of cuts from Kocowa TV on YouTube of him cooking steaks. He's very particular about his steak (and the gadgets used), haha. Those steak he cooked made me drooool.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3