Police University - 경찰수업 [2021]

On 8/9/2021 at 10:03 PM, TRaNz said:

Am happy to wrestle with Krystal...even more happy to be beaten up by her....LMFAO 

Okay, which would you choose? Being beaten up by Krystal or going to maccas? We need to know the depth of your sincerity in masochism!

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Kang Hee

Her mother have 3 criminal offenses. Everyone laugh at her, as she want to become police, despite of her background. 

Seriously, only in dramas. SK police and military take their background checks very seriously. Doubt she would have been accepted at Police University if her mother has convictions.

Should elaborate that if she wants to be a patrolperson in a smaller town somewhere, she might be able to do that. However, I thought this drama was about the National Police University which is very competitive, only slightly less then their Military Academy.

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Their brotherly bond was so heartwarming to watch. I agreed that Sun Ho couldn't bare to watch his brother be without the funds to create a better future. Maybe he feels he owes it to his brother/dad because of how they both accepted him when he had no one. 

You got me with this one. I love bromances, and it seems as if this drama is full of them. I didn't really buy the romance as it was written in the synopsis, and I'll probably still think it's a bit reach, however, now I'll have to check it out for the bromance. Thanks, y'all!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 minute ago, stroppyse said:

You got me with this one. I love bromances, and it seems as if this drama is full of them. 

Was drawn to this drama because of the lead couple visual. But I like the bickering between 2 ML instead. I think Jinyoung always have good chemistry with ahjussi lols. If anyone interested this movie is very funny, while waiting for next PU episode. 

Normally Jinyoung become 2nd lead in dramas. He never managed to get the girl in the end. His romancing skill is okay, but barely left me with much impression. So let's see how this one will turn out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

41 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Seriously, only in dramas. SK police and military take their background checks very seriously. Doubt she would have been accepted at Police University if her mother has convictions.

Dramas do it a lot... In Come and Hug Me, the male lead also has a serial killer father. And in the drama My Father is Strange, daughter is a lawyer aiming to be a judge, while father committed the crime of identity fraud. It was mentioned there is a certain law abolished that will not affect the daughter current position and plan. I forgot what the name is. 

As for Dong Man letting the boys off, I think he felt bad too because he crashed into them, but also because he did use some illegal hacking service (from Sun Ho) for his investigation purpose. So he isn’t really someone who goes by the book but one who is more concerned getting the bad guys whatever it takes. He knows the boys are not “bad guys”. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Okay, which would you choose? Being beaten up by Krystal or going to maccas? We need to know the depth of your sincerity in masochism!

awww thats not fairr........I choose Maccas.....LMFAO, SooJungie still :love:

This is me 100% though..related to this scene soo much HAHAHAHAHA :Uwu:

oPGszzy.png

-------------------------

Anyway....im liking how there is character development early on for SH. Being pushed to his limits to become better. As i mentioned earlier there was going to be frustrating parts with DM giving him more grief at the training grounds. Hurts to watch, but I know later down the line itll be much better.

Am surprised one half know about the identities of that DarkNet users. Should be interesting to see how DM plays it out despite knowing this information but SH doesnt.

That Min Kyu guy...yeah for sure hes got it all, but daymm its gonna ruin my loveline for the main leads for half the drama. HAHAHAHAHA

How great does KH look in just a basic grey tracksuit? :wow:

Ugh..how can you just not like KangHee...the scene with her mum outside the gates....how shes a criminal but her daughter wants nothing of it but to be the opposite. :heart:

Im curious now to find out who else is inside on this stuff. Like that scene where the mysterious hands with the phone while in the University, like a mole or something.

I need Ep 3 !!!!  RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :pandarage:

hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

3 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Im curious now to find out who else is inside on this stuff. Like that scene where the mysterious hands with the phone while in the University, like a mole or something.

Oh yes about this scene. Was he concerned to see DM there? I can't remember at exactly when this popped up in the episode.

Well I will not be surprised if this whole cryptocurrency gang that DM is trying to expose has someone within the force backing them or covering up for them. 

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Normally Jinyoung become 2nd lead in dramas. He never managed to get the girl in the end. His romancing skill is okay, but barely left me with much impression. So let's see how this one will turn out. 

He doesn't super stand out in a couple of the other stuff I have seen him in but here I do think they got the casting right. He is convincing as the genuinely smart kid with a good heart , who just needed to find motivation and some drive to become someone. I liked the character instantly in the 1st eps.

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

As for Dong Man letting the boys off, I think he felt bad too because he crashed into them, but also because he did use some illegal hacking service (from Sun Ho) for his investigation purpose. So he isn’t really someone who goes by the book but one who is more concerned getting the bad guys whatever it takes. He knows the boys are not “bad guys”. 

Ya true. He also can't be bothered with all the fancy protocol . I was amused when he came in to the prize awards with blood all over. I think the guy that he took the "hat" from ( the other trainer) and him will be at logger heads too. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

40 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Well I will not be surprised if this whole cryptocurrency gang that DM is trying to expose has someone within the force backing them or covering up for them. 

You know what, it'll maybe be one of the 3 police Faculty members.....otherwise the other guess of who would be...Min Kyu....LOL.

Just wild guesses here. ahahahha

awww cutttteeeeeeeeeeeeeee :heart:

You can just feel the love in this scene. Those long gazes :love:

Wt49w3Y.png

2hgRwxV.png

Edited by TRaNz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

Videos of episodes 1 and 2 that capture the vigour of the filming site.

Behind-the-scenes videos of episodes 1 and 2 that show the perfect chemistry of the three people were released, drawing attention. 

In the video, the actors perfectly assimilated into the characters and enjoyed filming. Cha Tae-hyeon (Yoo Dong-man) acts like a veteran detective in the play, subduing Jin-young (Kang Seon-ho) and Choi Woo-sung (Yoon Seung-beom) at once, showing intense action. The three of them, who were in a fierce confrontation, create a warm atmosphere with their kindness as they arrange each other's collars at the same time as the cut sign.

Then, Jung Soo-jeong (Oh Kang-hee) calmly reads the script and shows off her extraordinary passion for acting, such as matching the judo scenes with the other actors. She boasts bright energy and jokes around, but shows serious charisma when filming begins. While filming the famous scene in Episode 1, which left a strong impact by throwing Kang Seon-ho without hesitation, Jung Soo-jung applauded Jinyoung who performed the wire scene brilliantly, and the chemistry shines.

On the other hand, Jinyoung creates a pleasant and warm atmosphere by chatting with fellow young actors. As soon as the shooting rehearsal started, he quickly immersed himself in his emotions and turned the atmosphere around. Jinyoung realistically expressed the embarrassment of Kang Seon-ho, who was reunited with Dong-man, and raised the viewer's immersion at once.

Spoiler

0000808452-001-20210812113713366.jpg

[Son Jin-ah, reporter for MK Sports]

Source : https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/410/0000808452

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

57 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Videos of episodes 1 and 2 that capture the vigour of the filming site.

Behind-the-scenes videos of episodes 1 and 2 that show the perfect chemistry of the three people were released, drawing attention. 

Ahhhh I so want to watch it all, but theres no eng subs for basic idiots like me. LOL.

Ill have to hold off for now...it looks sooo cuutteeeeeeeeee AHAHAHHAHAHAA the first few seconds was enough to get meeeeeeeeee

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Message that this drama trying to convey

'Police Lessons' is not a story of police growth. It is the story of a person growing up.
You make mistakes, you fail, you give up, and you get up again. The story we all know.
Through this story, we want to send comfort and support to those who are dreaming and moving forward.

'We've all had times like that. So it's okay'

Cr. KBS website.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Am I the only one still watching this? LOL

I still couldn't figure out how team 3 won that paintball shooting match, but the key thing was that Sun Ho followed Dong Man's advice , and he had a bit of help  from DM during the actual session . Ever since finding out that Sun Ho is his online friend Yoon , it seems that DM's perspective of him has changed. I supposed he had always had much respect for Yoon and it was the other extreme when it came to Sun Ho. Anyhow it was great that they all got accepted. 

I am looking forward to DM-SH partnership:

-----------------

From eps 4

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

You certainly are not. Haha! I'm still watching but it's been a busy two days at work so when I get home, I haven't wanted to watch anything. I'm going to watch both episodes tonight before bed. =)

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

“Police University” Continues Upward Streak In Ratings As It Achieves Personal Best For 4th Time In A Row

Aug 18, 2021
by C. Hong

“Police University” continues its strong upward streak in viewership ratings in the second week of its run!

On August 17, KBS’s “Police University” aired its fourth episode to average nationwide ratings of 8.5 percent. This is a 1.7 percent increase from last episode‘s 6.8 percent.

The drama made a solid premiere with ratings of 5.2 percent on August 9. Since then, each new episode has set a new personal best for the drama, with 6.5 percent for episode 2 and 6.8 percent for episode 3.

@TRaNzWow I think soon we can see them dancing. 8.5% !

• Like 2
  • Party! 2

I am so excited to see Sun Ho and Dong Man working together! I love that even though Dong Man can be seen as yelling at Sun Ho, he's actually giving him guidance. Sun Ho is really smart and I love that his interactions with those around him has continue to motivate him. I appreciate the lessons we learn in this week's episodes -- protecting your own and the rights of civilians including criminals.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I am watching through Viki/Kocowa and the subs are a bit slow. 😄 I've only watched till ep3. 

I'm enjoying the show so far. I'm loving the main characters, but also the side characters. Team 3 is fun to watch thanks to Seon-ho's buddies. 

I feel like their entire batch will be joining Dong-man and Seon-ho's fight when it comes down to it. There's so many suspicious people in the University and I feel like the bad guys are already deeply ingrained in the system, so the good guys will probably need all the help they can get. 

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I still couldn't figure out how team 3 won that paintball shooting match

It was last man standing instead of actually capturing the flag. It was down to one on one, but then a fallen guy from the other team was about to cheat by shooting Seon-ho so Dong-man secretly intervened. That guy who was supposed to cheat should have been reprimanded. What I don't know was how the insubordinate team 3 guy got injured to that extent. Did I miss that entirely? I was sort of multitasking so maybe. 😄 I assume he just fell while trying to get the other team's flag.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I still couldn't figure out how team 3 won that paintball shooting match, but the key thing was that Sun Ho followed Dong Man's advice , and he had a bit of help  from DM during the actual session . Ever since finding out that Sun Ho is his online friend Yoon , it seems that DM's perspective of him has changed. I supposed he had always had much respect for Yoon and it was the other extreme when it came to Sun Ho. Anyhow it was great that they all got accepted. 

Noooo nonononono... I am still 10000% watching, just had to ensure that i watched both ep 3 and 4 before jumping on and reading this thread...didnt want to spoil it for myself. hahaha

But yes as pointed out by Warm Paws, Team 3 won since SH was the last man standing. Super big smile on my face when it was revealed that DM stopped the cheat from sneaking in a shot.

I didn't think the revealing of their secret hacking names to each other was going to happen so soon. Generally in kdramas, secret stuff like that doesnt go down till halfway through or just after halfway in the series. Though here, glad it did, because you then can really see how DM has respect for him just like you said @abs-oluteM

@SilverMoonTea 4 episodes only and its climbing ANNDDDD its gets juicieerrrr.....you know what...I think that 10% will come. :pandahappy:

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I am so excited to see Sun Ho and Dong Man working together! I love that even though Dong Man can be seen as yelling at Sun Ho, he's actually giving him guidance. Sun Ho is really smart and I love that his interactions with those around him has continue to motivate him. I appreciate the lessons we learn in this week's episodes -- protecting your own and the rights of civilians including criminals.

I cant wait to see SH hacking skills at work for DM's case. Going to be a great watch!

1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

I am watching through Viki/Kocowa and the subs are a bit slow. 😄 I've only watched till ep3. 

It was last man standing instead of actually capturing the flag. It was down to one on one, but then a fallen guy from the other team was about to cheat by shooting Seon-ho so Dong-man secretly intervened. That guy who was supposed to cheat should have been reprimanded. What I don't know was how the insubordinate team 3 guy got injured to that extent. Did I miss that entirely? I was sort of multitasking so maybe. 😄 I assume he just fell while trying to get the other team's flag.

haha just like a few of us, busy with work and other things. Its all good, as long as you are aware that if you come onto this thread before seeing the episode that are already out, you MAY be exposed to some spoilers. Tis why I stay away until ive seen the episodes. hAHAHAH

Yeah I dont know either, that 1 team mate in Team 3, like, where did you go to get messed up sooo badly, his injuries looked like he tried to climb a mountain and fell several meters or something. Its never really disclosed on how it happened though? But.....seeing him thru ep3 and 4...seems to be a problematic character.:mad:

Now....wheres that shippp!?!?!?

****ultimate high pitched squealinnggggggggggg:love::hearties:

Spoiler

d7yeErw.png

0EbKFKk.png

The sneakkkkyyy mole in the Police Uni....knew it was gonna be one of the faculty members.

But...everything so early on points to Kwon Hyeok Pil...I mean it feels like its him, but it just doesnt feel right to be able to reveal hints that easy so early in the drama.

So now im wondering if its another member thats using his car...hrrmm...

That scene in the gym when they were laying the mats out....its cute....but super awkward....LMFAO

Spoiler

fl5S6DO.png

Another love triangle here yea? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler

hx7G7Dz.png

Lastly.....

SooJunngiieee:wow::heart::duckhearts:

You cannot hate this girls character, everything about her is just loveable in this show.

Standing tall and strong alone against others because of her family issues, her determination and resilience. 

**rolls around making high pitched squealing noises hugging is blanket**

m8HQ6Kv.png

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

4 hours ago, TRaNz said:

I didn't think the revealing of their secret hacking names to each other was going to happen so soon.

Actually this point make me worry, is Sun Ho really a skillful hacker? 😂 His identity get cracked so fast. It supposed to be in dark web their discussion as Yoon & Bird, right? Or probably police have authority to check in the dark web easier than civilian? 

7 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

What I don't know was how the insubordinate team 3 guy got injured to that extent. Did I miss that entirely? 

I think because he's rushing want to take down Team 1 flag, he's not careful on the way there. It's not showed properly what happened. He seems ambitious and willing to take whatever route to get what he wants. Hope the police university able to convert him or he should be eliminated. 

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I appreciate the lessons we learn in this week's episodes -- protecting your own and the rights of civilians including criminals.

It's first time for me to know Miranda's right history. It sounds like woman name, never know Ernesto Miranda is rapist. I repeated the scene of Sun Ho's answer to Prof Kwon, and I found that his answer really perfect to this sort of rhetorical question. You know the drama is good when it make you ponder and learn something new! I will be super dissapointed if Prof Kwon turn out to be evil. In my opinion, he can be excluded from mole suspect. 

4 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Now....wheres that shippp!?!?!?

****ultimate high pitched squealinnggggggggggg:love::hearties:

The romance is so much better than my expectation. She always there when he's down and vice versa. Those stickers he put in her book, is really a sweet gesture.

It's also interesting to point out that Sun Ho didn't rushing to become student council, but he stick close to his goal to become stronger and not get distracted. 

@abs-oluteMWatched 2 episodes in one shot is more fun haha... I'm late this week got hold off by other CTH drama. And @bairamacome here! Dont be so busy with Yang Yang 😂😆👻

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMWatched 2 episodes in one shot is more fun haha... I'm late this week got hold off by other CTH drama. And @bairamacome here! Dont be so busy with Yang Yang 😂😆👻

I'm. Really. Busy. 👻😭🤣

Will binge watch on weekend to the latest ep! Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Actually this point make me worry, is Sun Ho really a skillful hacker? 😂 His identity get cracked so fast. It supposed to be in dark web their discussion as Yoon & Bird, right? Or probably police have authority to check in the dark web easier than civilian?

aahaahah I also wonder how he's identity can get revealed so far? But okay if we overlook this minor detail I think Sun Ho has the makings of a good detective. He has intuition seeing how he tracked down the guy who spread the false news about Kang Hee. Plus whatever he lacks be it physically or knowledge wise he makes up for it by being very teachable, industrious and determined. Hard not to root for a character like this and I love him too like @Tofu. He really is a good person.

5 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Another love triangle here yea? HAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL...I have to say love the squad and these two and their fight for the girl cracks me up.

These two idiots . Love them too

rtvgOpW.png

Agreed @SilverMoonTea the main romance is very nice and I love the pace of how it is developed and their interactions:heart:

XYu0yqH.png

8 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Ooo thanks...I repeated it but I still didn't get it. I don't know as well about why suddenly that guy got hurt in the leg.  Hehehee...are you busy making the parallel MMH and BTIMFL videos while watching your dramas ? 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

56 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

hahaha, yeah i questioned that too. I mean theres always means to trace back somehow, but for those top skillful hackers, tracing back would have been hard. Either the police had the best team working on it for ages (hence long relationship of Yoon and Bird) or SH just made a rookie mistake and didnt do things discrete enough. Interesting ay.

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The romance is so much better than my expectation. She always there when he's down and vice versa. Those stickers he put in her book, is really a sweet gesture.

omo omo kyeeeooooo~~~ :heart:

I did find weird that her belongings were just left out in the open at the Uni like that. I mean its like leaving your stuff out in a common area and then going away for hours. A bit weird and silly, but meh, it brought us the cute scene. hahahaha

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

LOL...I have to say love the squad and these two and their fight for the girl cracks me up.

These two idiots . Love them too

I really hope by the end of the series they are improved from their initial selves. AND...we will see who wins over Eon Joo. haha

Have to say...JinYoung doesnt look like hes 30....got the looks of someone whos in his early 20s....so lucky...sooooo lucky.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TRaNz said:

Have to say...JinYoung doesnt look like hes 30....got the looks of someone whos in his early 20s....so lucky...sooooo lucky.

IKR....I feel like he can fit the college age roles very well. Heck even can do high school roles. 
I think I first saw him 2015 in this rom-com called Warm & Cozy. 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

Perhaps when they tracked down that he stole that money, that's how Sun Ho exposed himself to the police? Or maybe he just wasn't being really careful. :idk:

I like the development of the romance so far too. Even though Sun Ho confessed his feelings in some ways, he's not pushing Kang Hee to reciprocate it back. His feelings are his to have. I do admit that it's a little strange to see Krystal not bicker with her love interest in a drama or at all. I'm so used to seeing that type of behavior from her past characters that I find myself waiting for her to just be sassy back to someone. :laugh:

I wasn't too surprised by the revealing of Yoon/Bird but I did think they were going to keep it going for another two episodes. I really enjoyed watching Sun Ho messaging Bird to confide in him and was hoping to see more of this. But now they are working together so I guess that's good too!

@SilverMoonTea I am also hoping he's not the culprit but we'll see. It's too early to tell. Anything can happen. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1