The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

37 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@NiteWalker  @abs-oluteM  @SnT

Were any of you confused by why Fu Rong was avoiding Xu Jin? Was it clear or unclear to you in the first couple of episodes that she was having bad dreams about him and knew about him being a jinx?

TBH it wasn’t very clear for me in the early episodes. I cannot remember which eps she had that dream where she became the consort & had to suffer under that annoying princess . ( I hv not made an effort to remember her name . :laugh:

But with the recent spoilers , I think something has changed. She’s his wife not his consort right ? I don’t know the  terms they use in Mandarin

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

26 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Were any of you confused by why Fu Rong was avoiding Xu Jin? Was it clear or unclear to you in the first couple of episodes that she was having bad dreams about him and knew about him being a jinx?

no i wasnt confuse....it was pretty clear that FuRong is avoiding XuJin not only because she found that she is in a disaster one after another whenever she bump into XuJin and also her dream kinda make her believe it too...

she saw herself in a wedding dress and then a coffin...

her dreams is in vague however not elaborate further............

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

yes this is also on Weibo trending.....just like how twitter has a trending topics

Love all these. Haha the are really comfortable with each other adding to their chemistry. Hmmm as for Jjy delivery, i guess she is a lil bit "bland" because her character in the novel really took time to fall for xu jin amd.all. in the book she was more infatuated with duke An and didn't care much about xu jin's efforts apart frm the fact that she wastrying so hard not to end up with him because she knew he was gonna die basing on their "past" life.

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

no i wasnt confuse....it was pretty clear that FuRong is avoiding XuJin not only because she found that she is in a disaster one after another whenever she bump into XuJin and also her dream kinda make her believe it too...

she saw herself in a wedding dress and then a coffin...

her dreams is in vague however not elaborate further............

The stuck to the novel on that part I guess. She was avoiding him because in their past life he died early and she became a widow. But in the series instead of the past lofe and rebirth,they made it into premonitions or fore seeing the future instead. 

Haha shouldn't cui wan also be burried alive with xu jin cause she's the "primary" consort? She should be buried alive first being primary and all😆😆

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
11 minutes ago, Kana said:

The stuck to the novel on that part I guess. She was avoiding him because in their past life he died early and she became a widow. But in the series instead of the past lofe and rebirth,they made it into premonitions or fore seeing the future instead. 

Haha shouldn't cui wan also be burried alive with xu jin cause she's the "primary" consort? She should be buried alive first being primary and all😆😆

i see....well i didnt read the novel....so when i watch the dramas....and how they started it....it became 2 diff stories....however like you said....there might be a link as FuRong starts seeing all this weird flashes is after she took a fall from the tree where she tried to get the kite for her baby brother....

then it got a lil mess up with the editing as they also stated how her dreams always kinda came true....so there is only 1 questions for me to be honest....

whether she see all this flash back after she took the fall or she always had the abilities to foresee some premonition in her dreams....

also based on the synopsis given....it seems like XuJin too had the ability to foresee things....

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hi i was quite clear. Ep 1 it was clear she is scared by her dreams. N she wanted to get in the jushui festival because she dreamt about some disaster there. ep 2 when she want to steal his undergarment she explained to him, they jinxed one another but actually she felt he jinxed her. It was clear it has to do her dreams but only later episodes i fully realised it was because she saw him die young n she was to he buried alive w him. That's is towards ep 9 n 10. 

Tbh i wasn't very interested from ep1 to 8. I was there to watch for the 2 leads. But found the story a little boring n dark. It felt forced they keep bumping into each other. My attention were sometimes not fully there. From ep 9 onwards it can be seen that he is definitely interested in her as a gal when he shake that tree for her. It is clear he started to hv a soft spot for her. n when her 'fiance' was all over her, he went hovering. then the goose scene is just so cute. He is obviously interested in her then. All the smirks n glints started to come up more. My attention are all captured from ep 8 9ish. But i havent skipped any scenes. I hv to admit in yunxi i really skipped some scenes esp the merxat with his country political schemes n many of the foreign princess turned concubine story with the harem. Those were so draggy. Yunxi was 48 ep. If i count those i fast forward i prob cut our 8 ep too 😜😜😜.. 

FR character i found her antics rather enjoyable to watch. Unlike some drama the FL are cute but can be annoying n some makes me cringe w their cuteness overload. FR is simply naugthy n just cannot sit still. Like overactive mind. She is caring. Love how to want to sell the stone in jushui to raise money for spying. I really laughed. Hopefully she will show more of that to XJ n keep her loveliness. 

Point of confusion iin for me is:

1. Why he was interested at a bored looking fortune teller out of the whole crowd? That's how they met but i cant see the logic. Does he need to look like he is doing something like pretend to be around there to spy? 

2. I still am confused as to who says those phrase in the rooftop. Whose voice is that? His mum (not likely as it was explained she hasn't seen him in years) , maybe XP mum when they actually did met at the temple? I m so curious. 

3. Is she going to be his secondary consort (chefei) but why secondary? Next week clip say wangfei which is the correct address for legitimate primary wife. But there is a trailer that asks his emperor dad to let him divorce his chefei fu rong. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
3 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

some how....i think ZZH is calling himself JJY mother lols....

cause when they were joking about the good genes, he meant his genes hahahaha

hahaha u mean how the always ended up having the male / female lead being reborn again? hahaha

anyway i always wonder if the female need to be buried with the husband when the hubby past away....then wat about if the girl ended saying bye bye first....why they never buried the man with the girl instead?

Uhhh i think ZZH refers to himself mom haha it's an inside joke between them since yunxi days,like he's jjy mom and jjy is his daughter because of one scene wherr yunxi was having.a nightmare and called feiye "mother". Since then their weibo posts ,ZZH calls her his daughter.

5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i see....well i didnt read the novel....so when i watch the dramas....and how they started it....it became 2 diff stories....however like you said....there might be a link as FuRong starts seeing all this weird flashes is after she took a fall from the tree where she tried to get the kite for her baby brother....

then it got a lil mess up with the editing as they also stated how her dreams always kinda came true....so there is only 1 questions for me to be honest....

whether she see all this flash back after she took the fall or she always had the abilities to foresee some premonition in her dreams....

also based on the synopsis given....it seems like XuJin too had the ability to foresee things....

Yeeessss! Haha he started having a dream too i guess in the series... And in he novel he was also reborn so he pretty much was trying change his fate but wanted to seek for his wife first ,he didn't know she was trying so hard to avoid him instead. It was funny somewhat, of course they had.to add more drama and flare to the series to make it more appealing. But i really want a good ending.this time as.comapared to yunxi hahaha

Just not sure if it was related to the fall though😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
23 minutes ago, Kana said:

Love all these. Haha the are really comfortable with each other adding to their chemistry. Hmmm as for Jjy delivery, i guess she is a lil bit "bland" because her character in the novel really took time to fall for xu jin amd.all. in the book she was more infatuated with duke An and didn't care much about xu jin's efforts apart frm the fact that she wastrying so hard not to end up with him because she knew he was gonna die basing on their "past" life.

Ahhhh... Now it makes sense why i din get the feeling of her falling for him yet. But i believe her delivery also contributes some. Like when she saw him flew in to save her in ep 17. I could not see any expression from her. She still look dazed at most. I was expecting at least a surprised look. 

Actually if the story stick to past lives like the novel it will be easier to understand. Like the drama love n redemption, past lives does not mean this lives things are still same. It is this life, the now that matters. Premonition n dreams makes it confusing for me. Harder to internalise my thoughts. 

To me she fall n hit her head n the ability came after that. She was unconscious for a day a night i think. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
38 minutes ago, Kana said:

Uhhh i think ZZH refers to himself mom haha it's an inside joke between them since yunxi days,like he's jjy mom and jjy is his daughter because of one scene wherr yunxi was having.a nightmare and called feiye "mother". Since then their weibo posts ,ZZH calls her his daughter.

okie good....hahaha cause i was pretty sure he was calling himself her mother by saying

'Lets mother bring you to the hospital.'

however as you know the BTs voice is pretty soft and sometimes it fall short on murmur and it does get hard to actually make out what they were trying to say in actual facts hahaha :) 

40 minutes ago, Kana said:

Yeeessss! Haha he started having a dream too i guess in the series... And in he novel he was also reborn so he pretty much was trying change his fate but wanted to seek for his wife first ,he didn't know she was trying so hard to avoid him instead. It was funny somewhat, of course they had.to add more drama and flare to the series to make it more appealing. But i really want a good ending.this time as.comapared to yunxi hahaha

Just not sure if it was related to the fall though😆😆

ahhh.... okie...thats is nice to know....cause i know the ending for YunXi left me very confuse and till someone tell me that the bracelet actually save YunXi life and she was resurrected .... i was like....it still doesnt make sense to me...though i accept it so that i can have a closure....

i hope they dont make this with the RuYi Pavilion if not i will write a complain letter to the production lols........even though i honestly dunno where i should post them if i happen to want to write one....

• Like 3
19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I can't tell if it is JJY's delivery.  I do agree there's something missing  on rewatching eps 18. On one hand I'd like to think it was because there are a lot of things troubling her - she's on the run for jail breaking , her master whom she loved dearly like her own mother has been murdered etc , so I suppose she may have been in a daze. On the other hand , I have not seen much cues on her part to show that she has fallen for him. The closest was  when they were in the 1st house while on the run when he asked her if she was concern about the female hair on his clothes.  I do see Xu Jin falling in love with her throughout the episodes, and I credit ZZH's acting . I have to say ZZH is doing a darn good job with all his  micro expressions. One good example was when we were shown Xu Jin smiling at Wu Bai Qi when he discovered the latter was attracted to Fu Xuan

That scene was really cute! but then I went back to watch the trailer https://youtu.be/BNL0lEzEUbc?t=82 the silk part makes me wary but the scenes that followed it didn't make sense with what we already know. Hopefully they didn't make that cute scene into a bad one :(

• Like 2
  • Shocked 3

Hello @ketchup . Welcome to JangHaven & to this thread.  Glad you joined us.  :wow:

Gosh  . I just saw the link you shared . :shocked:
Ahn is working hard to create mistrust between the two. I’m trying to work out the time line ...I put in spoiler just in case 

Spoiler

Lol ! Am so confused now . So from the way she’s dressed , it should be after the wedding right ? 

This is a JJY BTS special . She talked about The Coffin scene ( I think ) & it does have her in a lot of future costumes . ZZH makes an appearance to talk for a bit too . 
Edit to add This has subs for the video below 

1 hour ago, SnT said:

FR character i found her antics rather enjoyable to watch. Unlike some drama the FL are cute but can be annoying n some makes me cringe w their cuteness overload. FR is simply naugthy n just cannot sit still. Like overactive mind. She is caring. Love how to want to sell the stone in jushui to raise money for spying. I really laughed. Hopefully she will show more of that to XJ n keep her loveliness. 

I concur . I like FR . She gets into trouble not because she’s clumsy or silly . She’s very intelligent & sharp . Whatever sticky situations she gets herself into is because she could not stand & see someone else suffer. Perhaps the situation may have been too much for her to handle alone but that’s why XJ complements her perfectly. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

The reason why I asked the question is because it was somewhat obvious to me that Fu Rong hit her head rather badly and then started having these visions of the future. It seemed clear to me that at least that she had heard of Xu Jin's reputation for being a bit of a jinx and she was having premonitions of bad things happening to him

I do agree on some level that Fu Rong is not entirely sold on XJ despite everything he's done and all the declarations of undying love. I get a bit of that vibe too. He seems to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting in recent days. But in her defence, there's quite a lot of baggage between them. It's not just the premonitions. There's also the matter of the assassination attempts on his life and the fact that she coincidentally... not really that coincidental actually... appears at the scene of the crime each time. Now of course it seems ridiculous that a feeble girl like her could be party to all that but he can't rule it out completely. He's still a military man and has to weigh up all kinds of scenarios in his head. Even when they went to the family villa in the countryside she was still accusing him of being overly suspicious.  Of course there's also the matter of the bracelet. However as she begins to understand the way he thinks and his modus operandi, he's less of uni dimensional figure than she thought.

I also think that in Episode 18 her mind is on other pressing matters. It makes sense to me. She must be worried out of her mind.  She never wanted him to get involved in her case in the first place and said so more than once. The fact that he did so much for her is overwhelming and the next she knew, he was making declarations of love. I think she does like him but she might not really feel worthy... hence the deprecating humour.  I personally have no issues with that. I'm perfectly happy with a scenario where the male lead is in love earlier, has to work harder and must jump through all the hoops to convince a more reluctant female lead. I don't consider that a bad thing at all. 

As to why Xu Jin was hanging around the Ju Shui arts gathering with his disguise when he spotted fortune telling FR, he was scoping out the place because he had received intel about the location from his lackey. Claiming that he had dreamt of his death in an accident, he wanted his fortune told. It's also likely that he thought there was something odd about her. Perhaps he saw through her disguise. 

The female voice over when he was up in the tower with FR, I would hazard a guess and say... Mother? But yeah... it's mean of the show not to have given us the context to that.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

54 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

As to why Xu Jin was hanging around the Ju Shui arts gathering with his disguise when he spotted fortune telling FR, he was scoping out the place because he had received intel about the location from his lackey. Claiming that he had dreamt of his death in an accident, he wanted his fortune told. It's also likely that he thought there was something odd about her. Perhaps he saw through her disguise. 

i felt that he zoom in on her at that point was because he found that there is something about the fortunate teller guy that seems wrong...and out of place....

he only ask FR in disguise as fortune teller because he found that there is something more to the fortunate teller then meet the eyes....or maybe he thought he found a comrades in FR who is also scooping out that place which also happen to be his target...

u know what they say

"An enemy's enemy is your friend."

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i felt that he zoom in on her at that point was because he found that there is something about the fortunate teller guy that seems wrong...and out of place....

he only ask FR in disguise as fortunate teller because he found that there is something more to the fortunate teller then meet the eyes....or maybe he thought he found a comrades in FR who is also scooping out that place which also happen to be his target...

u know what they say

"An enemy's enemy is your friend."

Yes i rewatched. She seems to be distracted n with everyone behaving like crazy fans, a fortune teller stall look rather odd eh haha... Maybe If she sell nuts n popcorn, she will less obvious haha... 

U ladies realised she had never been interested in mr ju shui like her sister n friends haha... She lied to XJ n says she is a fan. Guess being an wan or ju shui, both never can attract her. Too bad, an wan. She is not meant to be yours. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, SnT said:

Yes i rewatched. She seems to be distracted n with everyone behaving like crazy fans, a fortune teller stall look rather odd eh haha... Maybe If she sell nuts n popcorn, she will less obvious haha... 

U ladies realised she had never been interested in mr ju shui like her sister n friends haha... She lied to XJ n says she is a fan. Guess being an wan or ju shui, both never can attract her. Too bad, an wan. She is not meant to be yours. 

well her lies definitely give her away.....as if she is really a fan....she will be over there screaming and jumping in joy along with that throng of ppl lols

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
15 hours ago, Kana said:

Hahahha i counted 3 too😆😆😆😆

I have not been able to count the weeding dreams. I think I only saw two.  lol

Fu Rong never cease to amaze me of her bravery. When she does finally act scared, she looks so cute and adorable. I just finishes episode 15 and was thrilled that she lost her master. Fu Rong is brave but she would have blown her Master's cover. 

From this episode I truly believe Rong'er's master cared for her deeply, she is a business woman after all in a man's world. There are times where there line s do blur when it comes to protecting the people in your lives especially when it is about survival. I believe she didn't lie to Rong'er but protected her from the truth. Even though Rong'er suspected her master,she still kept the bracelet and protected it in Episode 15. She may have been hurt , but she really cares for her master.

Episode 13-15

Rong'er heard about Duke Su being born a jinx since he was three. At the age of three , he supposedly made the Empress sick, then he was sent to pray at the temple. Then he cause the fire at the temple. Then his father said ' send him to the border, since he is a jinx. Proof right there, that the emperor doesn't love his son in my opinion. hearing this makes me feel he decided to send him to the borders to Jinx his enemies. But if you look at it from Duke Ahn's persepective he is protecting his son. Is he really protecting his son?? Ever since he sent him there, Duke Su never came back home until the ration for the Military Soldiers was not real food. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b3828aa7b909beec40

Spoiler

Spoiler

why was this zoomed in twice 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Master ruyi is a business person. She sells info/intel. But i can tell she has principles. She did not like it when ahn wan is harming ppl, esp bombing the mountains n causes destruction. She also disliked how official dong died as he is a good official. Obviously she died because she stopped being cooperative. N ahn wan wanted to grab control over her organisation. 

I m also wondering how daddy will allow FR to marry XJ. He was against his daughter marrying royalty when ahn visited. Looks like  emperor dad also would not think highly of FR punishing her to copy women's behaviour book. Will be interesting how they get pass all that as well. 

• Insightful 2

We have so many wedding dresses in the BTS was because of the dreams right? One set for the dream. One for when she supposedly marry him next episode , then divorce then remarries him? Lol ! I keep reading all sorts of speculations & comments every where . Maybe I should not mess with my own mind. But I re-watched that spoiler supposedly for eps 19

Spoiler

...the one where she tries to kill him on their wedding night. I felt so bad for Xu Jin especially when he asked her if everything he did before this meant nothing :nervous:

Anyway some eye-candy BTS to make the wait more bearable

ZZH special

Wu Bai Qi 

• Like 1

@abs-oluteMso sad right. I thought when he says that he look so crashed. N he asked her to go ahead n stab him. Ouch, must hv hurt more in the heart than any physically stab will cause. I m really hoping for a  iqiyi trailer. But they stopped at trailer ep 18. Haizzz... I m stalking there. 

But if from her perspective, she is married to him n must hv really liked him at least to marry him knowing FR, suddenly he may be a murderer. Must be tough for a young gal too. So that illogical action is understandable..

If i count the chronology correctly, he was send to border at 12 n was there 10 years. Xj here must be less than 24 yo. FR with a marriageable age sister at that time must only be 16 at most. So all those bickering make sense for young couple haha... 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 11/1/2020 at 3:45 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

The reason why I asked the question is because it was somewhat obvious to me that Fu Rong hit her head rather badly and then started having these visions of the future. It seemed clear to me that at least that she had heard of Xu Jin's reputation for being a bit of a jinx and she was having premonitions of bad things happening to him

@40somethingahjumma In episode 1 after her fall, that same day. She asked her sister to sleep with her. Fu Xuan said “ Nightmares Again”. So I assumed she had these dreams before. After the fall she woke up and looked at her wrist and saw the Ruyi Pavilion emblem was  branded on her wrist.  Since I watch with subs that is how I interpreted to her dreams.  
DO YOU REMEMBER THAT FROM EPISODE 1?

@abs-oluteM  Chingu, you should try and stay away from spoilers like me so you don’t drive yourself crazy with these speculation/spoiler. I was driving myself crazy with all these spoiler but for some reason, I still can’t stay away.  I come back for more to drive me nuts . Smh smh 

What should I do? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@SnT I have such a soft spot for XJ ( more than I did for Long FeiYe) and feel rather protective of him . He's just such a good person - no hidden agenda & does everything asked of him.  I feel sorry that he had to be separated from his birth mother & does not have a good relationship with his siblings. It hurts more that the woman he loves would do that to him.  Anyway, I am jumping the gun...for all you know it may be a dream. 

@UnniSara lol! Yeah I really should stop myself but I cannot :laugh:...I keep searching for stuff

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

@SnT I have such a soft spot for XJ ( more than I did for Long FeiYe) and feel rather protective of him . He's just such a good person - no hidden agenda & does everything asked of him.  I feel sorry that he had to be separated from his birth mother & does not have a good relationship with his siblings. It hurts more that the woman he loves would do that to him.  Anyway, I am jumping the gun...for all you know it may be a dream. 

@UnniSara lol! Yeah I really should stop myself but I cannot :laugh:...I keep searching for stuff

We r all torturing ourselves till wed 8pm. Golly, its tough. I m also driving myself nuts with speculations in YouTube. 

You so are right @abs-oluteM. I love xj more than lfy. Cause he really smiles so much more n golly when he flash his smiles i just melt. It is like the guy had a tough life. Should give him a break.

But anyone reckon his clothings is not as nice as yunxi. He looks slender n elegant in yunxi but here in some garment esp the recent white grey one he look bulkier n stockier. But FR clothing i love more than yunxi. I always always complained when i watched yunxi... Ellooou r wangfei, can u wear something more flowy n that crossbody just irks me haha.... I wish she was more ladylike. I was like lfy mum. Haha... Here FR really look ladylike even though she is naughty. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM XJ’s character seems more like able. He smiles, he is caring and he believes in protecting the Emperor’s people. We now know why he stay away from his mom. He believes he is will hurt his mom also. I don’t think he has any love for his father but he does care for his uncle, his cousin, his brother and his mom. He only want to protect them from all the people who wants to do him harm. 
i am more curious about his mom. Does his mom understand him, does she wishes he come to see her and why doesn’t she tell her youngest son what happened in the past to clear the misunderstanding. He seems to be jealous because his mom spend so much time thinking of the oldest. It seems he has had a blissful life and has had no suffering.
I wonder does Prince Cheng wants to harm Prince Huai? I know Prince Huai doesn’t like Prince Cheng. I wonder why?

@SnT  There is a reason why her clothes are beautiful here. She was loved and doted on in Ruyi . In YX she wasn’t love at all . She wasn’t treated well and mother and daughter duo were always looking down on her for no reason. Smh smh 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1