Badge Event Part 1 - 10-12 September KST

SnowBlob

cBMOBHy.png

Put on your 'designer' hat and have fun creating badges to be displayed and (perhaps) sold in JangHaven! 

We invite all of you, whether you have zero experience or are an expert, to participate in this event.

Part 1: Submission 

Starting date: Thursday, 10 September, 7pm KST

End date: Saturday, 12 September, 9pm KST

Part 2: Voting

Starting date: Sunday, 13 September, 8am KST

End date: Monday, 14 September, 8pm KST

How to:

• Theme: The badges need to be about dramas/movies. It can be your favourite genre of dramas (eg: rom-com, detective, mystery etc). Or it could be about a specific drama that you really enjoyed and would like to see on a badge (eg: Hospital Playlist, It's Okay not to be Okay, etc).
  • Each participant can submit a maximum of 4 badges. Please post the 3 badges in one post and indicate that these are your final submission. 
  • Design parameters: max 500x500 px and min 100x100 px; rounded corners
  • Only submissions within the submission period will be considered 
  • The top 12 badges which earn most votes will be featured in our upcoming Members Shop. The 12 Winners will also get to wear a copy of their badge in their profile and profile panel immediately after the announcement of winners. The overall Winner of the Event will also be able to select any of the other submissions as an additional badge for himself/herself OR may select to name up to 3 other Members to win a copy of the winning badge.

We know that so many eager hands want to dabble on creating badges but don't know where to start. To help you get started, we’ve listed some resources below. Hopefully these tools will help you learn basic skills. Also please feel free to post questions here so that staff and other members can help you. Get ready so when the event officially begins, you can proudly submit your hard work. 

Some possible apps to use:

• Canvas
  • Medibang
  • GIMP
  • Paint3D

If any of you have other resources that they use (including apps or how-to-videos), please feel free to post them :) 

cc: @stroppyse

• Like 6
  • Awesome 3
  • Party! 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Tagging these chingus to start with: 

@Tofu @eggcellent @gm4queen @Phikyl @SilverMoonTea @Mouse @im0202 @Alice Wonderland @mademoisellesia 

If you know anyone who might be interested, please help tag them just in case they miss the announcement :) 

I'm currently getting some assistance from @im0202 (thanks!) on how to create a badge using Paint3D and PPT.... :heiboi:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Ok...just to encourage people who have no idea about designing badge (like me)... this is what i came up with (not final version yet)..but of course with the help of @im0202 aka..she helped me..ehem..cut..ehem..but i combined a thing each from two pictures and voila I came up with this .... im0202 used Paint3D to cut and I used PPT to combine... I know it doesn't look as nice..but..shrugs..who cares :niu: @wallflowersforjane 

p2Fb2tr.jpg

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Ok...just to encourage people who have no idea about designing badge (like me)... this is what i came up with (not final version yet)..but of course with the help of @im0202 aka..she helped me..ehem..cut..ehem..but i combined a thing each from two pictures and voila I came up with this .... im0202 used Paint3D to cut and I used PPT to combine... I know it doesn't look as nice..but..shrugs..who cares :niu: @wallflowersforjane 

Awww! Your badge is so cute! I have to get serious about putting a submission together for the event. Maybe something with Tiny Tans. :btslove:  Though if anyone else is inspired to do it, maybe I'll just be able to vote for it? :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, dreamyujin said:

do we submit the badges in this thread? 

Hello @dreamyujin !

Yes..you submit them here. If you have plenty of badges and have difficulty in deciding the 3 you want to submit you can try posting them here to see which ones members like most :p but if you already know which ones you are going to enter into this event, then please post them from Thursday 7pm KST onwards. 

I can't wait to see your badges :brb:

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

The above apps list are just the references we can use not the one that we should use as standard right?

Correct. The apps listed are just to help people who are looking for apps to help with designing badges :) What app are you using @Alice Wonderland ? Not that I'm gonna learn how to use another app (I think my brain space is enough just for paint3D and PPT :jiminbtssigh:

Looking forward to your badges Alice~~

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Interesting! The badges can be consisted of images and words or words only right? I wonder about images copyright and credit?

It should be covered under the Fair Use Doctrine where there is a copyright, meaning the image used is not a public domain image. Also, there is no commercial use involved, nor does it interfere with an original copyright holder's rights.

In terms of credit, JangHaven requires that people give credit where appropriate and known, since the proliferation of images online can make correct attribution difficult at times.

For this event, if attribution for an image is known, then we would want attribution listed for images used, and we can post those. However, we are not requiring attribution to be made to all images for submission for this event.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It should be covered under the Fair Use Doctrine where there is a copyright, meaning the image used is not a public domain image. Also, there is no commercial use involved, nor does it interfere with an original copyright holder's rights.

In terms of credit, JangHaven requires that people give credit where appropriate and known, since the proliferation of images online can make correct attribution difficult at times.

For this event, if attribution for an image is known, then we would want attribution listed for images used, and we can post those. However, we are not requiring attribution to be made to all images for submission for this event.

Noted, thx for the info!

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@Tothestars hello there! Finally a C drama fan?? :cool:

Hahaha, hello hello! Hopefully can participated in this event, wish me luck, thank you.

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

I have ideas here, feel free to use them.

1. White truck of doom - black background, speeding white truck vector with sunglasses bec it's a badass murderer, "Doom" on top, "Delivery" on the bottom - it's a millennial business logo 

2. Police procedural - Jang Haven Police Agency badge (I love puns lololol) using the SK police badge as template then making it green + replacing the SK flag with the JH temple logo

3. HPL - a blue player with a stethoscope for earphones, a heartbeat line on the screen and a hospital cross for buttons

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1