Do You Like Brahms? 브람스를 좋아하세요 ? [2020]

Agreed with @ktcjdrama! Why resist @mademoisellesia:laugh: 
I am even hard selling the ship on my twitter 

they are so cute together! Plus this was a nice compensation for the hardbreaking eps 12 

Kkkkkkk

• Haha 3
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7ih6GwV.gif

:hearties:

1EQIMDr.gif

:heart:

Wf1cQsh.gif

-- The End --

Spoiler

LOL, they have my blessing if they date in real life. If not, I shall let them be and not speculate ;P

Ahhhhh~~ seeing these GIF (the bts) cheers me up soooo much. I love seeing them smiling so pleaseeeee writernim, have mercy on us.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2
On 10/5/2020 at 4:57 AM, Mouse said:

I think too that SA and JY saw each other beyond the music. SA didn't just see JY as the talented pianist.. she cared about how he felt. And as for JY, he also saw SA as a person - not just a struggling violinist. In an industry where they are seen according to their skill, they actually saw each other as persons.

This is such a great point. This drama shows a world where people are valued only for their skills and so called talents and I think it can be dehumanising. But SA an d JY have brought that warmth back into each other's lives because they actually care about each other and have a deeper understanding for each other's struggles

On 10/5/2020 at 12:28 PM, Lynne said:

LOL not yet.. but I really like the mellowness that I see on screen. Gonna wait till its over to binge.. 

Haha @Lynne you're a serial binge-watcher. I'm like a slow-burn-one-episode-per-week person XD

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 10/6/2020 at 12:17 PM, ktcjdrama said:

That supposedly new manager of JY grates my nerves. I hope he will be thrown out by the company/agency so that he will not be so smug anymore. Telling SA she is not good enough for JY. Glad that JY will not have any of that. He always so proudly introduces SA as his girlfriend. 

Anyway, no wonder that SA is feeling so insecure and no confidence at the end of the last episode. The piece she is playing is the same as JK’s piece. That surely can be a big blow to her confidence 

Does any of you notice our OTP usually/often wear same color clothes? The coordi must be having fun dressing them up in couple outfits. Hahaaa

I have a lot to say about that manager. He is really gross as a person. I mean, he was terrible when he sort of betrayed the foundation and wanted to step away to manager JY. But his behaviour is beyond terrible. He treats everyone solely based on their status or talent, otherwise they aren't valuable? He's all about image and he's so fake. 

I forgot the piece was the same as JK's piece till this week. Wow, another thing to add to the list of reasons to have low confidence for SA :letalQQ:

I wanted to say I love the cute couple outfits....but I think I just like SA's clothes in general! She wears such pretty, feminine and floaty outfits...but they also look comfortable and carefree. I'm not even a super fashionable person, but just really adore SA's clothing choices :BulbaOWO:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 10/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Let’s think of what are the ways that Witch Lee can be slapped hard in the face and brought down as a professor, kicked out of the university....? Can we hope she had been embezzling some of the school’s fund? I don’t mind so much JY or JK professors. They’re not the best and not flawless but they don’t take advantage of their students. Well, at least not the way Lee does. All musicians want to be recognized for their playing, so I can understand JY’s prof. All professors want their students to be the best the first and play well because that will bring honor to their names, so I can understand JK’s prof and her bragging. But I really cannot stand Witch Lee who took advantage of SA’s trusting nature. She needs to be slapped hard! 

Professor Lee is a horrible. Her and the manager are definitely the worst characters because they really bring down SA's already minimal confidence. I think the worst part of what she did was actively deceive SA about being her assistant. She never told her from the start that she wouldn't be part of the orchestra and if she knew SA was confused, she wouldn't clarify because she wanted someone to pick up her broach etc. 

• Like 5

Hello, me the slow watcher and commenter again! I don't know what I do with all my time. I suppose it's split between Korean and Taiwanese dramas....And also current dramas and past dramas that I missed, (but now watch to fill in time waiting for the current dramas, but then also get addicted to and also have to fan girl on even though everyone is already over it) Oh and I blog a lot because I like translating/ collecting BTS content. So I'm basically doomed to always be last in a forum!

I'm really loving your thoughtful insights @mademoisellesia and @wallflowersforjane. I read them and feel happy that other people feel the need to write down all their good thoughts too  :BulbaOWO: Might reply to some things later from your long posts if I don't cover them in my long posts.

Episode 11

Episode 11 was so cute for JY & SA. So, so cute. I agree with whoever said the first part of the drama was a bit heavier because of how SA was criticised by Park Sung Jae, even though it was solid advice. I find him to be such an annoying character because he can be really superficial. But as much as I don't like him, I do think he is a realist and I have met people who give advice in this type of hurtful style. Technically the advice is not wrong, but by delivering it in this way, the message doesn't go through as strongly as the sting they give you. 

Still I guess that scene had to be there otherwise how else would be have the handholding!! :wow: I find JY so comforting. Like he just knows how the right things to say to SA and even more than that, when he can't say anything, he'll just comfort her by holding her ...or stroking her hand. I'm not sure who was more comforted -SA or me, watching them :GrimChamp:  For some reason, this was almost as cute as the ice-cream double kiss scene. 

I feel sorry for HH in terms of how Professor Lee treated him. I know some people might not since he was throwing such a hissy fit at JY. But getting kicked out of an orchestra because you used to date someone seems so unreasonable and unprofessional. Whatever happened to talent huh? I'm sure this happens in real life sometimes too, but it's a real shame when people discriminate like that.

I feel even more sorry for SA who is being trampled on left, right and centre. She's basically a middle person and slave for Professor Lee (More on this on Episode 12 write up). But being made to go to another city/town to pick up something non-work related sounds ridiculous. I also remember doing voluntary things to get my foot in the door when I first left uni...but nothing so bad as that.

Another potentially unpopular opinion, I really don't mind JK. I don't like her when she's around SA or JY of course because she hurts them both, but I think as a character by herself she's interesting to watch. She has so many layers of grief she's dealing with (loss of mother/ loss of talent/ break-up but not getting guy she wants) that she has a whole storyline by herself. And I think meeting that younger violinist brought out a positive side to her - she seems like a dedicated teacher!

I love that JY and SA go to Daejong! It was so sweet for JY to actively choose spending time with SA over JK. He seems so reserved and structured (as someone who not only has talent, but has forced himself to practice and be in competitions all the time) that it seemed like he wouldn't be into doing something so spontaneous. But I also think he senses SA's discomfort every time he has to go to JK, so doing a grand gesture like this was very confidence boosting for SA. It's a shame that @abs-oluteM did not get the stay over scene she wanted (well, we all wanted!) but I did think it was so lovely that he wanted to show her around his hometown, not just rush back. And while he wasn't comfortable with his family, I loved how SA just smoothed over the tension between mother and son. She's so non judgemental and caring that I think she's a pillar of strength for JY when his family is clearly his weakness (what his main scandal is about). 

Haha, I'll give you guys a break from my long posts and write up Episode 12 tomorrow. Man, Episode 12 was so painful. A real stab in the heart for me. I felt so, so, so sorry for SA. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

I love your posts @JenL.  Always look forward to it.  

I share your views about JK. Initially I was annoyed by her . Slowly, I am beginning to understand her. The  drama has done a good job over time to show us that she too is suffering - a result of trying to live out the legacy of her dead mother . Needing to excel out of fear rather than out of love for music itself. I thought the recent episodes of her comforting that young violinist was a good way to highlight how many young music prodigies end up burnt out & hating the talents they have been blessed with because their parents push them so hard 

• Like 7

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

18 hours ago, JenL said:

but I think I just like SA's clothes in general! She wears such pretty, feminine and floaty outfits...but they also look comfortable and carefree. I'm not even a super fashionable person, but just really adore SA's clothing choices

Same here! I love all her feminine clothing too, although I am more of a T-shirt+jeans person. 

17 hours ago, JenL said:

Another potentially unpopular opinion, I really don't mind JK. I don't like her when she's around SA or JY of course because she hurts them both, but I think as a character by herself she's interesting to watch. She has so many layers of grief she's dealing with (loss of mother/ loss of talent/ break-up but not getting guy she wants) that she has a whole storyline by herself. And I think meeting that younger violinist brought out a positive side to her - she seems like a dedicated teacher!

I share your view about JK as well. As we get to know more about her, I can see why she is the way she is now. I am guessing in the end she and HH will give themselves another chance. 

It’s so unfortunate that talented young artists got stinted in their growth because of pressures from their parents 🙄

• Like 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

According to this Naver article , the umbrella scenes between Song Ah & Joon Young marks 3 significant milestones for the progress in their relationship

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000860717  

( auto translate with Papago) 

l3QECoy.jpg

There are numerous emotional scenes, but the romantic umbrella scenes of Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young on a rainy day are all the more eye-catching as changes in their relationship are revealed. The pouring rain like a cold reality that makes them suffer, and the sight of the two sharing umbrellas as if to prevent them, made viewers' hearts flutter. From the first meeting until now, we have looked at the changes in the three-tier relationship between Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young in the umbrella scene.

# Song-ah avoiding the rain, Jun-young watching this

In the first episode, Chae Song-ah, who was kicked out of the Seoul Arts Center stage, was already depressed, but suddenly it rained and was in trouble. This is because the violin should not get wet in the rain. Park Joon-young saw this in the car, and Chae Song-ah was bothered to find an umbrella. In the meantime, as Chae Song-ah bought an umbrella and avoided the rain, the timing of the two was off. It was a short scene, but it was Chae Song-ah, who left a deep imprint on Park Joon-young.

# Two people who became friends, umbrellas that they shared

In the fourth episode, Park Joon-young consoled Chae Song-ah with music for her gloomy birthday. The two, who became friends like that, ended up using umbrellas together on their way back. Chae Song-ah was invited by Yoon Dong-yoon (Lee Yoo-jin), who had a crush on her, to share an umbrella, but she avoided the rain under Park Joon-young's umbrella, which depicts  the change of emotion. The two people looking at each other under an umbrella and Park Joon-young's wet shoulders, which shows consideration for Chae Song-ah. 

# Junyoung takes an umbrella for SongAh 

In the 12th episode, Chae Song-ah presented Park Joon-young with an umbrella. Park Joon-young was upset when he said he didn't need an umbrella because he always stayed at a hotel. Chae Song-ah gave an umbrella as a gift, saying, "Now I have a place for Jun-young to stay," and Park Joon-young carried it for Chae Song-ah. Chae Song-ah, who cherishes the violin, remembered her suffering from the rain. From now on, Song-ah said, "Don't worry about the rain. I'll carry an umbrella with me every day," Park said, adding to her emotion.

On the first day they met, the two avoided the rain in their respective places. Then they became friends and carefully used an umbrella, and now they hold hands tightly and stand under one umbrella.In addition, umbrella gift that touched each other gave special meaning to their relationship.

These accumulated emotional lines and scenes make the drama's emotions shine even more, making the romance between Chae Song-ah and Park Joon-young even more exciting and affectionate. For the remaining four episodes, another emotional scene is digging into viewers' hearts, creating a reason to watch "Do you like Brahms?" to the end. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Love this scene a lot. Thanks to cherishD twitter handle

https://twitter.com/CherishDrama/status/1314211022165606400?s=20

img.gif

poor Song Ah ...she really had it rough.

gif credit https://twitter.com/CherishDrama/status/1314433005851607047?s=20

img.gif

Basically in the new stills according to article in Naver: 

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202010115855I

In the picture, Park Joon-young and Lee Jung-kyung are sitting opposite each other and looking at each other. The calm atmosphere, in which no one can talk first, creates tension. Park Joon-young is drawing attention as he looks at Lee Jung-kyung with a determined look on his face.

On this day, Park Joon-young will declare to Lee Jung-kyung, "Let's not see each other again." Earlier, Park Joon-young helped Lee Jung-kyung with piano accompaniment, which she asked for, with complicated feelings such as pity and sorry for Lee Jung-kyung. This piano accompaniment became a close string between Park Joon-young and Lee Jung-kyung. Park Joon-young's determination to cut it off raises questions about how he came out and what happened to Park until he made this decision.

"Do you like Brahms?" The production team said, "Park Joon-young, who has always been unable to do as his heart goes, expresses his pent-up emotions. "Please look forward to seeing Park Joon-young who has suffered from a whirlwind of emotions and made a firm decision for himself and Chae Song-ah," he said. "I also ask for your attention to Kim Min-jae's passionate performance to capture the emotions in a dense manner."

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

OMG I was so so angry at Song-ah's behalf about how she wasn't actually part of the chamber orchestra! And how Professor Lee dissed her to her face and then implied it to the orchestra? Because why would a potential graduate school music student not be part of the chamber too? I hope this is the last straw for Song-ah, this woman is a real piece of work and really needs to be rid of the sooner the better. She doesn't even seem to be a good teacher to Hae-na and was so spiteful to give Ji-won a bad score for the music competition. Thank goodness Ji-won still won because I really pity the poor kid having to deal with her overbearing mother.

And what is up with Joon-young in the taxi with Jung-kyung! Drama gods, give SA a rest already!

I hope Team Leader Cha comes back into the picture soon to support SA. Without MS, SA has no other female friend to confide and she's so much at the breaking point that I am really worried for her. I also don't like seeing how much SA is withholding from JY at the moment, for fear of distracting him from his competition preparations despite JY always reassuring her.

I don't understand the Korean classical music system of having a talented student be tied to their professor for life. And university professors only? Ji-won is in an arts school, I assume she would also have violin tutors there to help with her music education? The closest analogy I can thinking of athletes and their coaches. But as a music university professor, don't they have many other students actually in the degree programme they should also be teaching and focusing on? I am so puzzled by how restrictive this system seems.

It's all the more intriguing that Jung-kyung was willing to go against this system. I really liked seeing JK teach, her eyes lit up and for the first time I felt like I was seeing a happy JK. She seems to have a passion and a knack for it. I don't know if she should be a professor of music but I strongly think she should be teacher and mentor to young violinists, given what she herself experienced. It was also nice to see her connecting a little more with her Father. JK is definitely the most interesting character after the OTP and I am rooting for her to find her peace.

On 10/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, mademoisellesia said:

And more hand-holding, omgggg, bet @wallflowersforjane has died a :1000: times when she sees it. Is this why you're so quiet, Jane? What I love is him holding it tightly, enveloping it showing how much he's cherishing and basking in this moment.

Indeed I died :1000: times at all the hand-holding. And omg who knew an umbrella could be such a romantic declaration of love!

On 10/8/2020 at 8:44 PM, JenL said:

Hello, me the slow watcher and commenter again!

Don't worry, you always have me!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

I read some interesting k netz comments courtesy of 

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-do-you-like-brahms-episode-12.html

'You were the general affairs manager' Park Eunbin, shocked by Baek Jiwon's words 

Screenshot+2020-10-06+at+10.15.56+pm.png

1. [+1019][-8] I was hoping for a romance but the writers wrote a hyper-realism documentary about life at a music college. I really thought it was hard to watch for the first time today... there are now 4 episodes left... but I can't watch any more because of frustration. 

2. [+709][-10] Songah needs to face her true abilities and accept the truth... Can't she just like playing the violin as a hobby???? What Cha Youngin does is a perfect fit but she keeps denying the truth and betting her hopes on something she likes, so she keeps getting hurt... Songah needs to be able to let go... Also, Professor-nim, if you're going to pick her as the manager, please discuss it in advance and pick, instead of letting her get her hopes up and ending up hurting her...

3. [+681][-5] This person is the worst in Brahms. At least Joonyoung's professor is a realistic person and so is Park Manager is but this person just uses people and disposes of them whenever they want. I think they're the most villainous character. 

4. [+608][-5] Wah... today was an absolute nightmare... Songah's accompanist teacher doesn't show up, she gets hate from other students, the Manager scolded her and told her to quit the recital ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+480][-3] Why didn't you say that she was going to be the manager... what are you using your mouth for... 

-------------------

In particular the 2nd comment gave me some food for thought. While this is a drama and I will not discount a fairy tale ending, perhaps it may be a stretch for SA to be able to do music professionally. I wonder if the drama would go for a realistic route?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1