56 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hi @JenL

You've missed the MBC Drama Awards. It just finished. I wasn't watching live though, just refreshing my feeds to see who was awarded and update a little in the drama threads I watched. This year my interest was in MBC's because Tomorrow was from MBC. Regretfully, everyone (but Lee Soo Hyuk it seems) were nominated and did not win. Rowoon, Lee Soo Hyuk or Kim Hee Sun weren't even there. 😭

Tomorrow it will be KBS and SBS Drama Awards. I probably won't be watching live as well because no VIP Oppa. 😂 I think this year most good dramas are from cable TVs.

Yeah I saw the hashtag pop up on Twitter and figured I'd probbably missed it. Hard to know what to prioritize at the moment between - watch AoS, watch SOOD media content or watch award shows!

True! I don't even know if anyone I like will attend for KBS and SBS. I mean the things I enjoyed this year were from TVN, ENA and Netflix, so pretty awardless. I'll have it on in the background I think while I write up News Years resolutions :heiboi:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Drama recommendation:

Now I know you're not into SJK but his drama Reborn Rich is a really good watch. At least I can guarantee the quality of it. Just know that it's not 100% flawless. Lee Sung Min is absolutely awesome in there. I also like that the show linked us back to some real life events and the characters are adaptation of real life people e.g. Samsung founder. If you're still doing Podcast of the such, this would be good content.

You don't do sageuk, right? If you do, then Under The Queen's Umbrella is another good one. This isn't the typical sageuk kind. I would say it infuses modern thinking and packaged it into a sageuk.

I have heard good things about Reborn Rich from my workmate, so maybe I should try. Although honestly, I'm struggling to catch up with AoS even though it's one drama at the moment, so maybe I'll wait till next year. Also heard good thing about Under The Queen's Umbrella, though I do hesitate with Sageuk, especially if there''s no actor that I love dearly in the drama :idk: We'll see if I bite for either of these!

Hide contents

SOOD:

Are we able to watch the movie in the cinema here? If not, why would you be busy?

LJW:

Er yeah, you going into a spiral of "I want... I shouldn't" there. 😆 I think it just kind of sux that you were so close yet so far that kind of feeling. Sounds so stressful. I've been trying to get my sis to go to on a trip with me (foodie trip) but it's so hard to get a confirmation from her because of her work limitation and undecisiveness. I've given up and booked the tickets because it was stressing me out seeing the prices going higher and higher as time passes for both airfares and hotel.

I don't think anywhere is showing the SOOD movie here! :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: But I will still be busy because I''m pretty sure that I'll be subbing a lot of the Alice/Greg/Patrick interviews. I looooooooooove their chemistry and trash talking so will probably translate for other SOOD fans.

Hahaha LJW spiral where I am prone to following him around, but also tryng to be a realistic and practical person :BulbaConfused: Yeah, it's annoying because it was so close! Actually, I'm also sad I couldn't go to Taiwan for the SOOD preimiere! There were so many sessions with signed goodies and I'm pretty sure the actors attended the Christmas pre-screenings. Sigh. Why can't they just do these events where we are? :lol:

55 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Gosh... since SJK voluntarily admitted his own relationship, now I wonder who Dispatch will target next year. Fingers crossed none of our Oppa. LOL. I'm not ready to send my young Oppa in 20s to any woman's arms yet.

Hahaha, which Oppa's love news would break your heart most? Rowoon's news? :laugh: 

*knocks on wood, sprinkles salt to avoid it being true*

37 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLlong time not see , hugs :NeonGhost: 

@SilverMoonTea Sorry I got so busy. Missed you though :yayaya::heart:

44 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

C Drama 

•Flight to You - sparks : man in uniform , princess carry style, tsundere guy, and overreacting hero all checked :lmao2:

Hahaha, this list is very very you and I expected all of it, especially tsundere guy  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

46 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

•Island - sparks : hot demon slayer and hot pastor :JuiceGhost: But just 2 episodes available. So don't know much yet about story. 

Ohhhh, I forgot about this! Actually I'm quite intrigued from the early trailor stuff. Maybe I'll watch! 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

15 hours ago, JenL said:

I don't think anywhere is showing the SOOD movie here! :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: But I will still be busy because I''m pretty sure that I'll be subbing a lot of the Alice/Greg/Patrick interviews. I looooooooooove their chemistry and trash talking so will probably translate for other SOOD fans.

Hahaha LJW spiral where I am prone to following him around, but also tryng to be a realistic and practical person :BulbaConfused: Yeah, it's annoying because it was so close! Actually, I'm also sad I couldn't go to Taiwan for the SOOD preimiere! There were so many sessions with signed goodies and I'm pretty sure the actors attended the Christmas pre-screenings. Sigh. Why can't they just do these events where we are?

LOL, were you working in the entertainment industry? Is there no way to push the "company" to import or be more involved in Asian entertainment? I could totally imagine you going on business trips but took a detour to see LJW. Hahahaha! I think I watch too much kdramas!

Sigh! Tell me about it! Even if they do come, it would be in Sydney. I know you would most definitely fly to Sydney to see LJW but I'm not that kind and my job doesn't allow flexibility and spontaneous activities.

15 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, which Oppa's love news would break your heart most? Rowoon's news?

Rowoon's would definitely break my heart since he's VIP Oppa but other 20s Oppa would too. I might be thinking too much into this but Rowoon may be dating coz in House On Wheels 4, Sung Dong Il asked Jae Wook and Hye Yoon if they are dating and he didn't ask Rowoon. But then it can be because he's already asked that question in earlier episodes (not featured in the show). Not that him saying "no" means it's true. Hahahaha. See, how I'm going into a spiral for Rowoon just like you with LJW? 😆 All that "what if" etc etc.

BTW, have you even started on House on Wheels? Or at least watch the episodes those two are on?

EDIT: You can ignore the above now. Dispatch just drop the bomb and it's Oppa Lee Jung Suk with IU.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I just belated realised Jong Suk's agency has merged with Song Joong Ki. HighZium's PR must be losing sleep like how it plays out in Sh**ting Star dealing with both SJK and LJS's dating rumours. :lmao2:

Wow this year Dispatch didn't have to do much snopping. The stars are really just self reporting on their love lives. :idk:

But poor agencie PR people...when you just wanted to have a day off and celebrate your new years and you get hit with having to think of a good way of reporting this stuff (which you probably already knew about ages ago and idn't even fun news for you!) :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Wow this year Dispatch didn't have to do much snopping. The stars are really just self reporting on their love lives.

Technically they did and looks like they were trying to wait till 1 Jan but other media caught whiff thanks to Jong Suk's speech that I think they have no choice but to release the news early :lmao2:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

I missed so many posts in this thread, but I'm too lazy to go back to read. LOL! 

@mademoiselle Moon Sang Min's reaction is so cute! He makes money now so he can afford to give the gift away. Haha! That's so cute that all of them got together to celebrate. Company dinners are usually very energy draining for me, but if you don't often see each other, they are usually nice (I have too many company events so I don't care to see my coworkers that much anymore. LOL!). 

So may dating news! I can't keep up even though it's only two so far. :laugh:

• Haha 5

@Tofu Hahaha if I got a new phone that I did not want I wouldn't give to a dongsaeng at work coz I can give it to my family. Maybe that new phone is the same model he's using so he gave it away. Sweet of him nonetheless.

Agree, events like this is draining and how come you have many?! I had to drag my feet to the Christmas party this year and was dying to go home few minutes stepping foot at the venue. It was boring too. We also had a lucky draw and I only got some alcohol glasses which is useless since I don't drink. It's going to be somebody's KK presents 🙄 end of this year...

Hahahaha! The dating news should die down now since there should not be any scandal between IU and LJS. Will there be another one Dispatch is going to publish? Hopefully it also put an end to the unnecessary attention to SJK, Katy and SHK.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I was told The Glory is good....damn I am conflicted now. But Ok I will watch Island first since @mademoiselle it's not so scary.

Now that 2023 is here, which oppa do you want to see this year? 

I hope Lee Joon Hyuk's drama with Nam Joo Hyuk gets an airing date. I have been waiting like forever. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was told The Glory is good....damn I am conflicted now. But Ok I will watch Island first since @mademoiselle it's not so scary.

A-hahahahaha! Why do I feel like you/we might succumb to this later? At the moment I'm still not moved because of the premise (i.e., revenge). As this is a woman's revenge, it will involve bitchiness, hair grabbing, wailing and screaming. Really not my cuppa. I much prefer revenge with wits, like RR. Other than that I don't understand why cast a FL so much more older than the rest of the actors when their characters are around the same age of the character she played.

So how do you find Island?

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I hope Lee Joon Hyuk's drama with Nam Joo Hyuk gets an airing date. I have been waiting like forever.

Gong Yoo and Park Seo Joon. Every other Oppa I think will have an upcoming drama next year lined up. I'm already ready for another Lee Jong Suk's drama too, if this boy isn't too busy dating. I'd like to see another IU's drama as well to be honest since I enjoyed My Ahjussi and Hotel Del Luna. And of course I'm always asking for more from Rowoon and Yang Se Jong.

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

So how do you find Island?

Not started. Will try to watch this week. So many shows to catch up as I have been going out. 

The Glory - I was told it was good. @ktcjdrama said it is easy to watch - as in time will fly by quickly. I do plan to binge this 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

:PsyWhat: You've already succumbed! Did you even resist?? I guess LDH is not yet disowned then. :lmao2:

No la ...I won't disown him. Maybe just downgraded . It is hard when you have two oppas in one show. PSH plays a bad guy though :laugh:

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Moon Sang Min's first CF

🤩 Why you didn’t summon me??

And what’s this talk about disowning/downgrading LDH oppa level and losing some love? What did I miss?? No wonder there is no thread for The Glory 😆

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@mademoiselle I don't know if the pictures are just not HD enough but the watches look like they were photoshopped in. :laugh:

On 1/1/2023 at 7:23 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Woo Do Hwan, Yang Se Jong, and Jang Dong Yoon. I saw the teasers for two of them and I do have to say I'm not as excited for their dramas anymore. :cry:

I was able to look at the list of upcoming 2023 Korean dramas and I'm glad that lawyer-themed dramas are not the majority. I was getting so tired of them. :GengarPout:

• Haha 3

@ktcjdrama I think I just dislike that LDH keeps getting paired up romantically with much older noonas. Sometimes visually it is just not there. I wasn't a fan of his last show & I have to say I wasn't so keen on The Glory given its premise. 

But first do you all know what happened to KMJ? Why is his IG posts so cryptic. And he removed all other posts too. So unlike him. Rather worrying. Did his account get hacked?

Spoiler

FlgqoZgaYAINMex?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

51 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think I just dislike that LDH keeps getting paired up romantically with much older noonas

I agree. 18 Again is fine. That’s the premise of the story. For the rest, I have my objection too, which is why I decided not to watch, besides the plot itself. I enjoyed Youth of May of course. The Glory, I actually didn’t know he was one of the cast, LOL... 

51 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did his account get hacked?

That’s the only reason I could think of 😱

eta: I just checked his Twitter is the same. No post and same picture.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama So how's the compatibility between him and FL? I don't think visually will match because he's just too young and he's supposed to be her sunbae and two years younger than her (1989) I read...

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

🤩 Why you didn’t summon me??

Hahaha I thought you've moved on to LJW.

@abs-oluteM Not sure about KMJ's SNS. May not be hacking. It's not unusual for celebs to do this but usually there's a reason for it. But yeah, not sure what's going on. IG has been getting really annoying with "suggestion posts" that I don't even know what I'm seeing is everything and latest/unread posts from the celebs I followed.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

So how's the compatibility between him and FL? I don't think visually will match because he's just too young and he's supposed to be her sunbae and two years younger than her (1989) I read..

The way LDY carried himself as someone “older” was great. But yeah, visually rather hard to accept. One because he looks young, and FL looks old. But some are arguing, with what she had to go through in life, it’s natural that she will look more aged 😆 Which is why I am shipping her with another hot oppa! Dunno yet he is good guy or bad guy, hahahaaa. 

So what’s your reason for lesser love? Same as abs reason? 

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha I thought you've moved on to LJW.

I don’t move on. I collect. 😉

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

54 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The way LDY carried himself as someone “older” was great. But yeah, visually rather hard to accept. One because he looks young, and FL looks old. But some are arguing, with what she had to go through in life, it’s natural that she will look more aged 😆 Which is why I am shipping her with another hot oppa! Dunno yet he is good guy or bad guy, hahahaaa.

Yeah that's what I "convinced" myself to think it's because she had it tough = looking older. That said, is she using her beauty as part of her revenge? Looking old won't work in this sense. 😅

54 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

So what’s your reason for lesser love? Same as abs reason? 

He hasn't had any dramas I liked recently. So naturally the fondness faded. LOL

@abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama This visual looks more like it... xD

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2