@mademoiselle I followed him from BoF to The Heirs ☺️

Spoiler

He became more popular, more new fans, more CFs. So many updates about him. I liked him but saw my FB & Twitter full of his updates, sometimes I felt tired 😂 I couldn't see other updates not related to him 🥴😵

Shipper wars from 3 dramas. BoF, City Hunter, The Heirs.

I was disappointed he was dating Suzy 😅 I liked his chemistry with GHS in BoF and this ship sank 🤣

• Haha 3

@movingwheel I kept refreshing my TL, I don't see any news about SHK's statement.

@ssteph Guess what I did? I went through my portable HDD and found BoF and deleted it! I still can't delete CH and Faith. I also have LOTBS and TKEM. LOTBS is planned to be deleted in future coz I don't love this one that much. TMI: The Heirs doesn't exist for me. 🫣

I still follow his fan accounts but they are put in a list so I only see stuff about him if I go to that list. I do the same for other Oppa's fan accounts. Unless the account is one that updates on everything then they go to another "special list".

Spoiler

Bahahahaha, with his fandom, it's not just shippers wars. The Heirs' time was probably the worst. Not only shipping wars, there's also PSH stans hating him (haha), old Minoz vs The Heirs fans. That's also when all statistics/rankings started to become a big deal.

MinSun scares me a little because they are the oldest existing hence make them a lot more de-lulu (sorry) for believing there was still hope for MinSun after all these years. Reason being during CH period, he dated PMY even though later they broke up. Then he dated Suzy. I did like his chemie with PMY so when the news broke out I was happy for them except everything went haywire after that. By the time news of him dating Suzy was out, I felt indifferent 'coz I lost ♥ after The Heirs. 😅 But I do think it's unfair for MinShin/her fans to project hate on him because their ship sank. If it was the other way where the actress came out first admitting she was dating her now hubby, nobody would hate her.

One reason I like Faith time was also because Kim Hye Sun was already married so there's no shipping war. Very peaceful but strangely he seems to be a magnet for antis* and trolls because at the time we have so many trolls in the drama thread.

*Fun facts: I was allergic to SJK and MCW during that period because of their drama fans from The Innocent Man's drama thread. They were competing with Faith thread for the amount of pages on the forums. We had no idea until someone who also lurked in that thread told us. We were happily doing recap of the episodes and they wanted to do the same for The Innocent Man too, openly mentioned us as competitor. I still remember who the leader is and the user became a Mod later. 🤭

:pandapopcorn: Entertaining, yeah, everyone? @abs-oluteM You'll need to protect me if I get attacked for what I said. :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, I came across this. But what is the source? This looks like extract from an interview

• Like 4

@mademoiselle don’t worry Madem . This thread is free & easy :eeeee:. Everyone here can openly chat since we know each other well enough.  I have read some of these interesting gossip from time to time but I think since I wasn’t a shipper mod before, I never really experience much of the ship wars . I think prolly @SilverMoonTea has felt it more. 

I love the KHS posts . She’s really like their fairy god mother now and I think that’s so great . She’s such a senior in the industry & can give a lot of advice & be their mentor 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

There are more @abs-oluteM🥰

Makes me wish they could reunite to do a drama where they are all brothers and KHS is their mum. Hahahah like in modern times perhaps. 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Makes me wish they could reunite to do a drama where they are all brothers and KHS is their mum. Hahahah like in modern times perhaps. 

Would be nice. Or they are all cameo-ing in Juvenile Justice S2! 🤩

I've a complaint. How can they all look so good in the booth pictures? Or it's just me who's gotten old so no matter from whatever angle it's just not nice...?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

@ssteph Oh, no wonder there was no update from you on JHI's thread at S forums. I just kept it but seldom visit.

Spoiler

Though yesterday I went lurking at Oppa's thread to see if Eun Woo surpassing him was ever mentioned or not 🤭. And I was looking for SongSong thread but couldn't find so gave up looking. Probably already been archived.

Oh, do you have many followers? I have none 😆. I only lurk and collect pretty pics.

Most fan accounts I follow were VIP Minoz from South Korea/China — because they take awesome pics of him — they don't engage in fan wars so I don't see much from them. Plus they are super old fans they don't interact with the younger ones. Only the new ones have the energy to argue 😆

• Like 4

@mademoiselle i dont know but yes this is the one i am talking about... I love both of them and I decided to choose them separately regardless of everything.... I am going to celebrate The Glory too...not just because of SHK but also it is the comeback of Writer Kim Eun Sook.

I will not get SJK much in coming days...so need to start looking for Alternate Oppas...probably I will start looking for Lee Min Ho's new drama with Gong Hyo Jin.

• Like 5

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@ssteph Oh, no wonder there was no update from you on JHI's thread at S forums. I just kept it but seldom visit.

Reveal hidden contents

Though yesterday I went lurking at Oppa's thread to see if Eun Woo surpassing him was ever mentioned or not 🤭. And I was looking for SongSong thread but couldn't find so gave up looking. Probably already been archived.

Oh, do you have many followers? I have none 😆. I only lurk and collect pretty pics.

Most fan accounts I follow were VIP Minoz from South Korea/China — because they take awesome pics of him — they don't engage in fan wars so I don't see much from them. Plus they are super old fans they don't interact with the younger ones. Only the new ones have the energy to argue 😆

I don't have many followers on bird app. It is actually my personal account and it is private. Because lazy to have 2 accounts, I use personal account for fangirling as well 😅

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle @ssteph You know what I see from time to time on the bird app? JHI and JiSoo shippers. Are these two close IRL? 

Maybe they are still good friends after Snowdrop. Snowdrop cast came to Blackpink concert to show support for JS.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@abs-oluteM I was waiting for @ssteph to answer that because I've too many Oppa and not following Hae In as close as ssteph. I think the whole cast is close, based on their IG posts.

@Tofu Tell us more your experiences from the past :wow2:

Spoiler

I heard MinSun vs MinMin time was really bad.

@Chocolate Will you check this drama out? Wish he'd trim his hair and have a better hairstyle. It looks like a rom-com. I'm in need for a non-lawyer theme drama and rom-com.

BTW, do we know what majority of the drama theme will be in 2023?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guys! I finally have no plans during New Years so if you guys are also free, I am totally keen to watch award shows and alk about Oppas (I'm looking at you guys in particular  @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea and @Tofu!!!) Haha I'm so out of it - I feel like a newbie - Someone please sell me some dramas and tell me when these award shows start! :letalQQ:

I'm feeling totally overwhelmed by all the things I've missed though - coming back to dramaland at the time they're releasing the Someday or One Day movie (Today!!!) and also been catching up on Alechmy of Souls as well. Haha, I was hoping they would spread this all out! :psweatduck::psweatduck::psweatduck:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 12/25/2022 at 10:26 PM, mademoiselle said:

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Oppa Lovers!

@JenL LOL. I know you're already on top of SOOD so I didn't bother to ask. But this one is funny and funky (?) and a completely different Greg to SOOD so I'm curious of you and @Tofu's reactions.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:25 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @JenL Have you both seen this trailer? xDDD

HAHAHAHA I finally watched this trailer you posted and it looks amazingI I'm actually looking forward to watching this movie with Greg Hsu after SOOD. It actually looks like it'll be very laugh out loud funny. Greg hhas played a same sex attracted character before. I forget what project, but I don't think it was as comical. :thinking::laugh:

On 12/25/2022 at 10:26 PM, mademoiselle said:

I saw LJW went to M'sia! He's also going to Manila. Talk about bad timing. Damn.

On 12/26/2022 at 2:00 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL LJW didn’t come to KL the 1st time right ? It was postponed & he only recently came isn’t it? 

Yep LJW went to Malaysia :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: I was sad because it was such a perfect set up to see him before, but then all those sad events changed everything. To be honest, I have to admit that this kind of forced me into the long drama break I just took because even though it was a good holiday to KL, it felt disappointing just thinking about it (along with just being really busy in real life).

But to be honest, I wouldn't have had a chance to see LJW really even if I had been able to go to Malaysia in December - they actually changed this event from the public event (to be held in the centre of the shopping centre, free entry for everyone to attend, but special privileges to competition winners) to a private event in the theatre at 1Utama (I wasn't even aware there was a theatre, but it might be a cinema? :thinking:) And the only way to get a ticket to the LJW fan meet was to enter a lottery by buying a Malaysian Airlines plane ticket from Malaysia to Sth Korea...some Malaysian fans did this and STILL missed out on going because their names were not drawn out :lettalKWA: Pfft, I feel so bad for them! So I didn't bother attempting to go again.

He is holding paid ticketed fan meets around Asia, but I think it;ll be tricky to get to one :letalQQ: His Korean one happens before my holidays to Korea. And then while I'm actually in Korea, he has one in Hong Kong and one in Jakata!!! :scaredpanda2: If I was travelling alone I would just add on a locaion if I got a ticket...but I'm travelling with someone and they will not be happy to do this :mine: But maybe I can hang around the airport when he;s rumoured to fly out...:heiboi:

I know, I'm starting to sound crazy at this point :laugh::laugh::laugh: My sanity is still somewhat intact, I swear.

And I'm not a stalker. Much. :smile:

On 12/26/2022 at 2:06 PM, mademoiselle said:

Only a few more days, SJK could have waited to admit it 1st of Jan :lmao2:

Hahaha This is literally what I was thinking when I heard this news. I guess Dispatch was late last year so they're trying to be early this year :laugh:

On 12/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, ssteph said:

@abs-oluteM yes. I knew 😂 People in Bali are witnesses 🤭 They are sure she is his girlfriend.

How were they so sure? :MonkaTang:

Don't tell me they were like those American celebrities making out in a pool or something?! :lmao2:

Does SJK have good English? :thinking: I don't know much about him actually since he's really not one of my Oppas.

He kinda looks like/ reminds me of one of my cousins so it feels wrong :SquirtlePuke:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi @JenL

You've missed the MBC Drama Awards. It just finished. I wasn't watching live though, just refreshing my feeds to see who was awarded and update a little in the drama threads I watched. This year my interest was in MBC's because Tomorrow was from MBC. Regretfully, everyone (but Lee Soo Hyuk it seems) were nominated and did not win. Rowoon, Lee Soo Hyuk or Kim Hee Sun weren't even there. 😭

Tomorrow it will be KBS and SBS Drama Awards. I probably won't be watching live as well because no VIP Oppa. 😂 I think this year most good dramas are from cable TVs.

Drama recommendation:

Now I know you're not into SJK but his drama Reborn Rich is a really good watch. At least I can guarantee the quality of it. Just know that it's not 100% flawless. Lee Sung Min is absolutely awesome in there. I also like that the show linked us back to some real life events and the characters are adaptation of real life people e.g. Samsung founder. If you're still doing Podcast of the such, this would be good content.

You don't do sageuk, right? If you do, then Under The Queen's Umbrella is another good one. This isn't the typical sageuk kind. I would say it infuses modern thinking and packaged it into a sageuk.

So are you up to date with Alchemy of Souls 2 now? Funnily both @Tofu and I are watching S2 when we didn't even watch S1 properly :laugh:. LJW lost a lot of weight for S2 but thanks to that (and his hairstyle) that I think it made him look a lot more swoonworthy. Plus I just like it better that he's broody than goofy/weak. Another lure is his visual/chemie with GYJ. They look so good together.

Spoiler

SOOD:

Are we able to watch the movie in the cinema here? If not, why would you be busy?

LJW:

Er yeah, you going into a spiral of "I want... I shouldn't" there. 😆 I think it just kind of sux that you were so close yet so far that kind of feeling. Sounds so stressful. I've been trying to get my sis to go to on a trip with me (foodie trip) but it's so hard to get a confirmation from her because of her work limitation and undecisiveness. I've given up and booked the tickets because it was stressing me out seeing the prices going higher and higher as time passes for both airfares and hotel.

22 minutes ago, JenL said:

How were they so sure? :MonkaTang: Don't tell me they were like those American celebrities making out in a pool or something?! :lmao2:

Does SJK have good English? :thinking: I don't know much about him actually since he's really not one of my Oppas.

Him being seen with a woman by his side is enough to confirm. They would have a bit of skinship if not making out. Plus he introduces to the SG's staff she is his girlfriend. I'm sure he did that in Bali too.

SJK can speak English with little issue. I've seen a clip of him conversing in English in recent promotion although grammar may not be 100% and pronunciation has accent. I think he's got plenty of practice in the last year dating Katy. 😆

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahaha This is literally what I was thinking when I heard this news. I guess Dispatch was late last year so they're trying to be early this year

Gosh... since SJK voluntarily admitted his own relationship, now I wonder who Dispatch will target next year. Fingers crossed none of our Oppa. LOL. I'm not ready to send my young Oppa in 20s to any woman's arms yet.

• Haha 2

@JenLlong time not see , hugs :NeonGhost:

Drama recommendation

C Drama 

•Flight to You - sparks : man in uniform , princess carry style, tsundere guy, and overreacting hero all checked :lmao2:

K drama 

•Reborn Rich - sparks : felt like nostalgia back to my past tense life (90's - keyword : me old :duckyes:)

•Island - sparks : hot demon slayer and hot pastor :JuiceGhost: But just 2 episodes available. So don't know much yet about story. 

• Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 12/28/2022 at 10:54 PM, ssteph said:

It is culture shock for me to see idol stans' behavior 🤣 Those fanwars in K-dramaland are nothing compared to fanswars in K-pop land 😂

Hahaha I find fan wars in Kdramaland toxic enough as it is. I guess I'll never get into Kpop now :laugh:

On 12/29/2022 at 1:08 AM, Tofu said:

Very passionate fans are so scary. I can honestly say that I don't watch any LMH stuff because of his fans (even though they are not as bad now as they were before). 

I don't mind it if they're passionate but also doing productive stuff like making fan art or fan projects. The problematic ones are those who stir up drama. The ones who do hardcore stalking of the actors idols and attack or control other people 'on behalf of idol/actors' are scary. :lettalKWA:

Haha I'm not a fan of LMH, but his fans would put me off anyway. I watched Boys Over Flowers when it aired. But I wonder why it propelled LMH's status so much? I know it was a huge drama in it's time and based off the much loved manga and already had well loved versions in other Asian countries. People also tend to love the Harem, poor-girl-with-many-rich-guys type storyline....but really? Why of all the dramas was it this well liked?! :thinking:

On 12/29/2022 at 3:25 AM, ssteph said:

I deleted all the videos when LMH was no longer my oppa 😂

Harsh! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

23 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle It's definitely related to his shipper fans. I can't stand watching him in anything. I am repulse by him because that was a source of headache back at S-Forum. 

Hahaha don't worry I share your sentiments. Like not hating on him, but I definitely do not care about anything to do with him either. Though I did watch Pachinko this year. But let's be honest there was a hot pastor in that series :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1