20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

A-hahahahaha! Why do I feel like you/we might succumb to this later? At the moment I'm still not moved because of the premise (i.e., revenge). As this is a woman's revenge, it will involve bitchiness, hair grabbing, wailing and screaming. Really not my cuppa. I much prefer revenge with wits, like RR. Other than that I don't understand why cast a FL so much more older than the rest of the actors when their characters are around the same age of the character she played.

The Glory has wits. Not as good as RR but also not the penthouse kind. It's surprisingly watchable. Just don't focus on the FL.

LDH in first few episodes does not have a lot of screen time for a ML.

• Haha 4
28 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

The Glory has wits. Not as good as RR but also not the penthouse kind. It's surprisingly watchable. Just don't focus on the FL. LDH in first few episodes does not have a lot of screen time for a ML.

Yeah it also has bitchiness, hair grabbing and wailing. And only half a series is aired. We shall see. :smug:

Little LDH... then even more not appealing to me :laugh:

• Haha 4

@mademoiselle Bitchiness can't be helped in a woman drama. Although I do think that it is not SHK who is carrying the drama - if you change her out and put in a stronger actress, the drama may be even better. Also, her tone of voice/speech/delivery is a bit stilted.

Since we can't be talking about only women on an oppa thread, this guy is quite interesting though lol.

Jung-Sung-Il-1.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
57 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I'm planning to rewatch The Glory for his scenes :wow: Am shipping him (instead of the ML) with the FL

Hahaha totally understandable.

I wonder at Lee Do Hyun’s role. Maybe more will be shown in S2. I think it was Voldermort who said in the drama LDH and SHK are only 2 years difference in age. She is meant to be about 40. It’s so strange cause why didn’t they just cast an older actor instead of trying to make LDH older - no matter how you look at it, it is not believable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I wonder at Lee Do Hyun’s role. Maybe more will be shown in S2. I think it was Voldermort who said in the drama LDH and SHK are only 2 years difference in age. She is meant to be about 40. It’s so strange cause why didn’t they just cast an older actor instead of trying to make LDH older - no matter how you look at it, it is not believable.

This. Exactly... is my question too.

Spoiler

Maybe Kim Eun Sook has a crush on LDH. Since she can't have him, she will cast him in her drama :lmao2:

Rumour has it that she wanted Won Bin in her drama too... he's always mentioned in her drama as well. And apparently she offered DotS to Gong Yoo. He turned it down. Then she tries again with Goblin and got her way.

• Haha 4

@Chocolate Many people are shipping this couple, hahaaa. I thought I'm in the minority. The Glory is Jung Sung Il's first main role in a drama. The others are just support role or bit role. That's why not really any deep impression of him. This drama is going to be his breakout role, let's hope for more dramas casting him as main role :yayaya:

@mademoiselle rumor has it, KES always, and always, offer her dramas to Won Bin first. But the guy never accepted any drama roles, so she has to find other actors. She sure has her favourites. I won't be surprised if her future projects will cast Jung Sung Il again. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Hahaha I was going to say I'm dying from all the content with my different Oppas - they're all soooooo active at the moment in both Kdramaland and Taiwanesedramaland that I don't even know what content I should look at first :wow::BulbaConfused:

On 1/3/2023 at 9:34 PM, mademoiselle said:

I'm into @JenL's VIP Oppa's drama right now because... look at this!

@mademoiselle What can I say, my boy LJW is an expert at making out. Hahaha, should I be concerned that he's so good at 'his job?' :thinking: It's ok because I'm very into this pairing and so I approve because these scenes are sooooo beautiful :heart:

ALSO I can't believe that Jasper was back in Taiwan!!! It was sooooo nice to see him with all his friends at the LV party. It's funny because I haven't cared about a Jasper project in soooo long. But I instantly died over these seflies. I knew that Jung Hae In was in Taiwan and that him and Jasper had been messaging/ commenting on Instagram, but wasn't expecting Jasper to rock up!

From Jasper's Instagram:

Hey @ssteph it's your baby and my baby together!

ubYZh2U.jpg

@SilverMoonTea it's PUFF + JASPER :wow::wow::wow::hearties: I wonder if there's interviews with the 2 of them. Any interviews together is always so funnn

9yQoMwh.jpg

@Tofu It's Jasper and Patrick. I'm dying here given that SOOD is soooo back on my grid now. I'm kinda surprised they know each other, but also kinda not since Patrick spent the last few years in China too. I feel like a lot of the Taiwanese stars end up crossing paths in China during working there. ALSO JASPER'S DIMPLE IS CUTTING INTO MY SOUL :wow::wow::wow:

f8kG2kk.jpg

I'm also really into Ella and Jasper hanging out. I feel like they're both such fun people. But I forget how they know each other. Like everyone knows Ella, but not sure if he's been in any of her music videos or if they were in a movie together or something. But also what is this sultry expression they're both pulling???  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

l8lERMi.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Bahahahahahaha @SilverMoonTea is he the FIRST adoption of 2023??

Yes he is :heart: thanks to @movingwheel

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahahaha!! Whenever you tell me you don't like the male lead, I'm going to tell you to wait a few episodes because you'll end up adopting them. :lmao2:

Haha yeah seems to be the new pattern for me now. But I'm still not attracted to Lee Do Hyun even after watching The Glory 😆🤣

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, JenL said:

@mademoiselle What can I say, my boy LJW is an expert at making out. Hahaha, should I be concerned that he's so good at 'his job?' :thinking: It's ok because I'm very into this pairing and so I approve because these scenes are sooooo beautiful

Yeah, I kinda think it's concerning he's so good at kissing at such a young age, given we all knew him when he was only 18 (Memories of the Alhambra) and already smooching Lee Da Hee in Search WWW. Must be quite experience in that department from a young age! Tsk tsk tsk. Kids these days. :laugh:

Don't kill me but I am sure you knew I felt nothing for him with Go Ara, but this one from the moment I saw their posters I was like → :wow2::wow:. I won't ship them in real life but as a drama couple, oooh yes, so matching. Their interactions bts is cute as well.

img.gif

3 hours ago, JenL said:

@SilverMoonTea it's PUFF + JASPER

Hahaha! I knew you'd be happy to see them in a frame together. I'm getting old so I also like seeing old drama couples reunited. :laugh:

I think no one in Taiwan wouldn't know Ella. SHE used to be really famous. The TW entertainment industry isn't that big anyway so one way or the other they will meet.

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yes he is :heart: thanks to @movingwheel

Ok, update your first page 😆

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha yeah seems to be the new pattern for me now. But I'm still not attracted to Lee Do Hyun even after watching The Glory

There are still another season to go. So never say never. Are you attracted to that ahjussi @Chocolate likes too?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
On 1/4/2023 at 11:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama Yeah, people want Won Bin back on screen but this guy refused to return. LOL. He's still doing CFs though so it's not like he doesn't have income. He "retired" before I picked up kdramas so even though I've not seen his works, I know about him. Haha. Maybe if he's still around @Chocolate will fall for him (coz he's ahjussi).

I pretty much only know, but love, Won Bin from Man from Nowhere - But that fiilm came out in 2012 so it seems a bit crazy that he hasn't really acted since then?! It was a really good action film - intense - and featured a cute Kim Sae Ron before she grew up and started drinking so much :(

I feel like Won Bin might have dug his own grave buy not accepting roles unless he felt they were amazing or whatever it is he said. Because it put a lot of pressure on himself to pick an amazing role and so he would lose face if he picked something that didn't make amazing ratings. He sounds like he might have given in to perfectionism. But since CFs make more money than acting and he still gets them, maybe he really doesn't need to act anyway? :idk:

On 1/6/2023 at 12:29 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

I have some serious new crush... :pandasadspoon:

Hahahah who is it this time? :laugh:

4 hours ago, ssteph said:

@JenL among Taiwanese artists took photo with Jasper, I only know Ella. I remember her with Selina and Hebe ☺️

Haha, not surprised! I think a lot of older drama watchers don't know the newer actors since Kdramas and CDramas eventually overshadowed Tw-dramas and J-dramas. Also Tw entertainment went from having mega entertainment power to having their stars poached by the CDramaland since they give Taiwanese actors main roles and good pay if they already have a decent fan base 

S.H.E was a real powerhouse though and the fact that all 3 of them as real friends makes them still popular and relevant. Ella has a really fun personality too  :wow:

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

But I'm still not attracted to Lee Do Hyun even after watching The Glory 😆🤣

I feel like you're never going to like LDH, which is surpriising since I think he's quite dainty which is the way you like your guys! :lol:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

5 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahahah who is it this time? :laugh:

I feel like you're never going to like LDH, which is surpriising since I think he's quite dainty which is the way you like your guys! :lol:

The pilot I mentioned to you... haha... the actor is Wang Kai. But actually I maybe fell in love with the character in drama, not necessarily the actor per se... 

Ya but like @Tofusaid maybe one day I will 🤣 Never said never I guess 😆

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So never say never. Are you attracted to that ahjussi @Chocolate likes too?

He's a bit distracting in drama haha, but I'm not so into him either 😂 Glory I don't really care about the ML...

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@JenL Hahaha yes, pretty much everyone I converse with mentioned Man From Nowhere for Won Bin. I don't think he will return to the screen anymore. It's been 13 years he could get by without acting. Even his wife, Lee Na Young, who only did a film in 2018 and a drama with Lee Jong Suk in 2019 and disappear again. Maybe he didn't like the dark side of the entertainment industry so prefer not to return.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2