15 days of New Year celebrations is over . While it was really nice to do all these social stuff & catch up with people, my introverted self is so tired 😅. Time to recharge with my oppas. . 
So far I haven’t found anyone new  to adopt . 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

33 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Jung Kyung Ho is really lovely. Solid adoption.. Also Crash Romance going strong for me

You mean you didn't adopt him during Hospital Playlist? 

Anyway , I support this adoption. He's one of my VIP oppas...so good choice :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

You mean you didn't adopt him during Hospital Playlist? 

Anyway , I support this adoption. He's one of my VIP oppas...so good choice :D

No haha I didn't like his story in HP... I mean he's cute and all, but the pairing didn't do anything to my heart haha... I like him more with Song Hwa lols. Wasted the chemistry between them. One day should paired them up somewhere :pandasadspoon:

This scene... what a lovesick :GengarCool:

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 2/3/2023 at 1:38 AM, mademoiselle said:

Do you guys have one?

One of my BFF loves watching dramas. She primarily watches Korean and Chinese dramas. We often watch the same dramas together, but she would watch the episodes before me. Somehow she manages to watch them while she's working. I don't know how she does it because I work from home some days and it's very distracting to me. I can't concentrate and would miss out on important details if I play it while working. She also loves those Asian reality TV shows. She often tells me a lot about what's going on with them too. My other BFF doesn't really watch Korean or Chinese dramas. If she does watch them, she's partial to Korean dramas. One of her favorite drama is Pasta and when she was solo traveling in South Korea a few years ago, she made it a point to visit the restaurant it was filmed in.

I don't have any oppas so far this year, but I recently watched Moment of Eighteen and loved everything about Ong Seung Woo's character. He has revived my admiration for him. :laugh:

tumblr_pv2tq0IyFH1xl1pn6o2_400.gifv

Credit

But more than Ong Seung Woo's character, I absolutely loved Kang Ki Young's character in the drama. He is the teacher everyone needs. :heart:

tumblr_pvsuvezUBi1qeysf2o1_540.gifv

tumblr_pvsuvezUBi1qeysf2o2_540.gifv

Spoiler

tumblr_pvsuvezUBi1qeysf2o4_540.gifv

tumblr_pvsuvezUBi1qeysf2o5_540.gifv

tumblr_pvsuvezUBi1qeysf2o6_540.gifv

tumblr_pvsuvezUBi1qeysf2o7_540.gifv

Credit

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
13 hours ago, Tofu said:

I don't have any oppas so far this year, but I recently watched Moment of Eighteen and loved everything about Ong Seung Woo's character. He has revived my admiration for him. :laugh:

:Party02:  YAYYYY! :Party01:

I'm so glad I persevere selling you this drama. I had to watch it alone at the time and enjoying it all by myself but wishing more people would appreciate/watch it, lol (can't remember why but definitely wasn't hanging out at any forums).

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

One of my BFF loves watching dramas. She primarily watches Korean and Chinese dramas. We often watch the same dramas together, but she would watch the episodes before me. Somehow she manages to watch them while she's working. I don't know how she does it because I work from home some days and it's very distracting to me. I can't concentrate and would miss out on important details if I play it while working. She also loves those Asian reality TV shows. She often tells me a lot about what's going on with them too. My other BFF doesn't really watch Korean or Chinese dramas. If she does watch them, she's partial to Korean dramas. One of her favorite drama is Pasta and when she was solo traveling in South Korea a few years ago, she made it a point to visit the restaurant it was filmed in.

Yeah I dunno how your friend does it because if I need to watch a show in detail, I wouldn't be able to do multitasking. But if I just wanted to sort of know what happens then maybe that is possible. Does she perhaps understand Korean a bit more so she's "listening" more than watching?

Update on my friend. She told me she's finished the drama and that watching dramas are tiring (LOLLL - and this, is literally our life). And since she's into Dylan, she's wondering if she should take up his other drama (modern ones, I think). LOL, and in my head, I'm thinking: "Whatever happened to Wu Lei?" or "There's no way you'll get to LLTG"!

She also told me she likes the costumes in that drama.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
On 2/7/2023 at 1:04 AM, mademoiselle said:

I'm so glad I persevere selling you this drama. I had to watch it alone at the time and enjoying it all by myself but wishing more people would appreciate/watch it, lol (can't remember why but definitely wasn't hanging out at any forums).

Hahaha! I'm glad I watched it too! It was a nice drama and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite hating school bullying dramas. While I was watching, I often messaged @SilverMoonTea and complained about why I'm putting myself through this. :laugh:

Update on my friend. She told me she's finished the drama and that watching dramas are tiring (LOLLL - and this, is literally our life). And since she's into Dylan, she's wondering if she should take up his other drama (modern ones, I think). LOL, and in my head, I'm thinking: "Whatever happened to Wu Lei?" or "There's no way you'll get to LLTG"!

She also told me she likes the costumes in that drama.

She should probably stop at LBFAD for Dylan. As much as I loved him in this drama, his other dramas are just not that great. He is mediocre at best in those. He is a decent actor but not nearly as strong as Wu Lei. 

Does she perhaps understand Korean a bit more so she's "listening" more than watching?

I, honestly, have no idea how she does it. She took Korean class for a few years in college and also study abroad in Korea. I know she picks up on a lot of the things they say but I don't think she understands all of them. She's impressive. I am amazed at her drama watching skills every time we talk about it. Right now, I don't think she's watching anything because she complained today about not having time to watch dramas. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha! I'm glad I watched it too! It was a nice drama and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite hating school bullying dramas. While I was watching, I often messaged @SilverMoonTea and complained about why I'm putting myself through this.

Hahahahahaha! I just found out another friend of mine (who likes high school dramas) didn't finished Moment of 18. She reminded me how she'd drop dramas if it gets boring for her. But Moment of 18 was not boring! Sighhhh.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

She should probably stop at LBFAD for Dylan. As much as I loved him in this drama, his other dramas are just not that great. He is mediocre at best in those. He is a decent actor but not nearly as strong as Wu Lei. 

I did tell her what you told me about Dylan. But knowing her, she wouldn't listen to me.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I, honestly, have no idea how she does it. She took Korean class for a few years in college and also study abroad in Korea. I know she picks up on a lot of the things they say but I don't think she understands all of them. She's impressive. I am amazed at her drama watching skills every time we talk about it. Right now, I don't think she's watching anything because she complained today about not having time to watch dramas.

Ahhh. I think your friend's Korean basics must have helped. I wouldn't call myself having skills but I did notice not everyone watches foreign language dramas would pick up on the new languages and remember them or bother to learn. But for me, I notice since young I picked up on Cantonese coz I watched HK dramas all the time. Then my Mandarin got better when I watched Taiwanese/Chinese dramas. Then it was Japanese and now Korean. Of course the latter two I cannot speak fluently or comprehend 100% but I definitely pick up on a lot of vocabulary if I keep on watching the shows.

===

I stumbled upon a Chinese romance novel through Facebook. @abs-oluteM will like the premise if it's made into a drama. A bit like contract marriage because the ML agrees to marry the FL out of filial piety towards his grandmother. FL agreed to marry the ML because she didn't want her only sister worry about her. ML is, of course, the typical chaebol who apparently is very handsome BUT only care about his business and never have any girlfriends :laugh:. But since the ML never met the FL and thought she might approached his grandmother because of their money, he pretended to be just a white collar and lied about his chaebol background. Obviously after spending some time together and gotten to know her he knows she's not after the money and they fell in love. Now I'm at the part where she finally finds out she married a chaebol and he's grovelling and begging. But boy, it's so lenghty. It's been 4 days now and I still haven't finished the novel! There are some very juicy bits + Barbie Girl fights because the FL's sister married an assh*le who cheated on her. His whole family is a bully and so was the mistress. The FL and sister's side relatives are also money sucking lowlife. The makjang bit is their mother turned out to be the long lost sister of another Chaebol family who is an enemy (in business) to ML's business. Hahahaha!

I only picked up this novel because of the "contract marriage" bit but I didn't expect such a long winded story~ but hard to put it down now since I am invested. LOL.

• Haha 2

@Tofu I don't know what it's called in English but in Chinese, it is 閃婚成寵:老公竟是千億大佬. The plot is getting ridiculous! I just got to the part that the FL's relatives are plotting a plan whereby they have sent one of her female cousins to plastic surgery. They will kidnap her and replace her with her cousin so they can benefit from her being the chaebol's wife! :psweatduck: Omg, I'm now reading a soap opera, not novel. This is not a normal romance novel at all and it's 1680 chapters and I'm only on chapter 995! :shocked2:

Oh woah @abs-oluteM! That's a real drama casting news?!! Well it's not April's Fools so it has to be a real casting news! Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

@stroppyse @abs-oluteM @JenL @SilverMoonTea

Lee Jae Wook and Jun are going to be in the same drama together! This is a news from October, but it seems like they confirmed because there was an article released today about filming starting in March. I hope Jae Wook and Jun are friends in the drama. If they are rivals, we're all choosing Jun. Well, maybe not JenL, but everyone else......right? Hahahaha! (I say this when I am the one with a LJW thread). :lmao2:

Random -- Jun once said in an interview that he's friends with Lee Jae Wook. They've met up for a few drinks with Kim Young Dae. I can't remember how they all met though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Lee Jae Wook and Jun are going to be in the same drama together! This is a news from October, but it seems like they confirmed because there was an article released today about filming starting in March. I hope Jae Wook and Jun are friends in the drama. If they are rivals, we're all choosing Jun. Well, maybe not JenL, but everyone else......right? Hahahaha! (I say this when I am the one with a LJW thread). 

Wow! This could be really cool! As long as it's not a Hong Sisters drama. I know that there are fans of AoS here, so won't say much except that I won't be fooled into starting another Hong Sisters drama ever again. And based on that drama, I would probably be on Team Jun if they are rivals. Heck, I'm also still a Luna! (Of course, I'm primarily ARMY though.)

Though, I don't like the idea of chaebol families. This isn't 'The Heirs' redux, is it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

@stroppyse @abs-oluteM @JenL @SilverMoonTea

I hope Jae Wook and Jun are friends in the drama. If they are rivals, we're all choosing Jun. Well, maybe not JenL, but everyone else......right? Hahahaha! (I say this when I am the one with a LJW thread). :lmao2:

I have tendency to be swayed around depend on where winds go :pandascared: This is a bit tough, I was choosing LJW over Rowoon in that Extraordinary drama. Yes bad boy win :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I hope Jae Wook and Jun are friends in the drama. If they are rivals, we're all choosing Jun. Well, maybe not JenL, but everyone else......right? Hahahaha! (I say this when I am the one with a LJW thread).

Mmm, I think for now I'd pick Jae Wook over Jun because Jun hasn't been adopted as Oppa, Jae Wook has (love is not strong although Alchemy really bumped him up a little more). Hahaha! @SilverMoonTea is a wild card! I think whoever is the second lead, you'll fall for that one!

Who is Hong Soo Joo anyway? Filmography says Love Struck in the City. Looks like it's a new actress.

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Though, I don't like the idea of chaebol families. This isn't 'The Heirs' redux, is it?

It does remind me of The Heirs :pandadisgusted: when they say chaebol's power struggles but I hope better story and better quality. Reborn Rich did well with the story.

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

Why did you start reading this novel? 

I didn't know it would be this long winded and makjang! The plastic surgery part seems like not going to happen. FL asked Chaebol hubby to intercept and her cousin will likely end up looking like their "other" cousin now. :laugh: The latest part I got to is a new female villain plotting to kidnap FL's nephew as to revenge FL for humiliating her at a party. Hahahaha. This female villain's older sister is being chosen as FL's brother-in-law's partner by her Chaebol hubby's Grandmother. :lmao2: So going by these plots, has it been made into a C-drama? Any C-drama this crazy???

@abs-oluteM Me no likey this poster :GengarPout:

FokzanDWcAAkY9X?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Omg guys, look at Oppa Im Siwan shaking his booty so much more than Sooyoung! :lmao2:@Tofu @SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM

55 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea It seems like he's been in a lot of dramas I've seen but I don't remember him....

Yeah you are right! I saw a lot of dramas with him in it but I cannot remember who he is in all of these dramas. At most, I just think he looks familiar.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1