20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm pretty sure you knew there are 3 seasons and just forgot all about it. LOL. Did your non-Asian friends like it? I tried to sell it to Asian and non-Asian friends but they didn't buy it and instead they tell me they liked Squid Game which I don't feel the same way.  Is Wi Ha Joon going to return for Squid Game 2 by the way?

One of them did but the other one didn't. My friend who watched it reminds me of your friend (the one that doesn't watch it if you recommend it, but will watch it when they see that it's trendy). At first he shrugged it off when I recommended Sweet Home and Squid Game. I still remember the conversation because I talked a lot about Squid Game. He just thought it was another one of those Asian shows I watch. When it blew up over the weekend, he started watching it and ended up binging the entire show plus decided to watch Sweet Home too. He said he really liked both and now he doesn't question my recommendations. He even watched Alice in Borderland without me mentioning it. :laugh:

Since no one has a new oppa, I will share photos of my newly adopted oppa. :BulbaOWO:

006-EDm-N9gy1hbddaoh1rgj325337kkjl.jpg

Don't focus on the shirt. Just look at how cute he is. LOL! 

006-EDm-N9ly1h6ne2whxzrj32bc334u12.jpg

This is him in the costume of his previous drama. He's handsome, right?! 

006-EDm-N9ly1gx6i2pd616j364w3g8e8b.jpg

• Haha 3

@Tofu Did you watch Alice in Borderland? I watched it but didn't like it so I didn't bother with S2. So only one friend watched Sweet Home/Squid Game? I think my new workplace have more people liking KPOP (heard someone talking about it) and kdramas. LOL

Your new Oppa, I like the first two photos. The 3rd, I think the hairstyle doesn't suit him. Makes him look old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guyssss!!! It's been so long! I'm back from Korea. I'm sad to report I did not run into any of my (or your) Oppas :letalQQ:. LJW was going in and out of the country for his fan meet tours, but as I was travelling with my sister I couldn't just hang around the airport for no reason just to maybe catch a glimpse of him for 2 mins :letalQQ: Man, my friend was so lucky when she went - she's saw Song Joong Ki, So Ji Sub on her first trip and one of the guys from 2PM on her second trip. All by chance! :lettalKWA:

But the trip was fun! Went to so many Kdrama filming locations :wow: I have seen the real DDSSLLS set, Hotel Del Luna museum and Woo Young Woo's dad's Kimbap restaurant :heart:  Also tried so many korean foods and went to Jeju for the first time!

I need to backtrack and read what's been happening, but how is life and oppa collecting? Who is everyone's current favourite oppa? 

I have a controversial Oppa - I like the bad guy from Crash Course in Romance :psweatduck: I knew he was going to be bad like a few eppisodes in. I can't remember what made me suspect him, but I was like surely not...he's so cute. And now he really is bad!!! :scaredpanda2: But I'm still considering adopting him. I won't put a picture just yet in case anyone is behind in the drama and doesn't want spoilers!

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hi @JenL ! I was wondering where you've disappeared to. Glad to know you enjoyed your Korea trip. Now, I need details on food! xDDDD

Hahaha yeah sorry I think I just disappeared suddennly, but it was so busy the week before I left :psweatduck: The trip was good - helped me to take a break and I finally had time to watch dramas at night again, which was great. Would not have caught up on Crash Course in Romance without loooong plane trips where the only thing to do was to watch dramas! 

The food was amazing. I think we did a good balance of Korean food/ Cafe food. Had KBBQ like 4 times including the Jeju Black Pork BBQ. I still prefer beef ribs best though :SquirtleNiceAhah: Had Kalguksu at Gwangjang market and the store was actually one who was featured on a Netflix documentary about Asian street food/ market food. Also had fresh fish and crabs in Mokpo since it's a fishing city ( I made my sister go so we could visit the Dodosolsollalasol set of course since the drama was filmed there :laugh:). And we visited lots of cafes - had this really amazing blueberry cheesecake which is not particularly Korean, but it was decorated in the Korean style. Also fresh banana milk with dalgona :hearties: Haha, ate so much :lettalKWA: Oddly enough I didn't get  to try Egg Drop though!!!

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And oh, we know who you are talking about. Shin Jae Ha. He's in Taxi Driver 2 as well which we also suspect he's up to no good.

Hahaha yes. I think he's pretty. I was also charmed when I saw this behind the scene photo in the spoilers below. ALSO whaaaat?! He's in Taxi Driver 2. I'm yet to start but I'm thinking of starting tonight or tomorrow night. i saw LJH twitter pics and I'm back to swooning over that Oppa :smug:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

No, @JenL!! You cannot like the possible villain in Taxi Driver 2! You must only love Lee Je Hoon! :cry:

TD2-06v3.gif

TD2-11.gif

I'm so happy you had fun, Jen! I've been paying attention to those LJW fanmeeting tweets and every time I see one, I think about you and how you would have loved to go to one. I'm glad you were able to go to the filming set of DDSSLLS. Ever since he lost weight for Alchemy S2, his features are more defined and he just exudes a different kind of aura --- maturity? sexiness? I don't know, but it's working for him. Haha!

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you watch Alice in Borderland? I watched it but didn't like it so I didn't bother with S2. So only one friend watched Sweet Home/Squid Game? I think my new workplace have more people liking KPOP (heard someone talking about it) and kdramas. LOL

A little bit, I never fully finished it. My friend likes shows like that. I recommended Island to him, but I told him he should wait until season two is out.

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Your new Oppa, I like the first two photos. The 3rd, I think the hairstyle doesn't suit him. Makes him look old.

:shocked2:

It's Republican era in that drama so he's all prim and proper. I do agreed that the styling makes him look a lot older.

006-EDm-N9ly1gwx542fgoyj33341qje83.jpg

But he's still a cutie. :wow:

006-EDm-N9ly1gwfoe4nfglj33342247wl.jpg

I'll share more photos of him later when I make Rowoon gifs. LOL!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 2/25/2023 at 1:05 PM, mademoiselle said:

My fav clip is this, hahaha!

This is like musical/opera type of singing. But I thought you don't like watching musicals?

On 2/26/2023 at 7:56 AM, Tofu said:

Probably, but I think they just buy them too. Supposedly, they are high quality, but I can't speak to it as I don't know anyone who has one. As a celebrity, it might even be a status symbol. You know you've made it when you are seen traveling with Rimowa luggages. Haha! For V, he is most likely sponsored because he endorses Celine (their parent company is also LVMH).

I use Rimowa, but... don't think I've "made it" 😂 It's quite popular - when I get my luggage off the conveyor belt in any country, I have to look at the tag now. Apart from the brand and nice/simple design, they have the lightest luggage - the Salsa range is only about 3kg. It's cheaper if you buy it in Europe too. These things, I tend to justify cost over the period of use. Like clothes, some people like to buy frequently/variety and each piece is lower cost. I hate shopping, so I don't mind paying more and each piece can sometimes last 10-20 years. The quality does make a difference. Am I deluding myself 🤪

On 2/26/2023 at 12:04 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Yes @Tofu mum’s ultimate fave is Cha Eun Woo . She just finished True Beauty since it came on NF.  She also likes RoWoon . Mum says the pretty ones are the best to watch.

Hahaha maybe it's a generational thing. My mum says the same. When she asks for recommendation, the criteria is "must be "lang jai"" which means pretty boy. Apparently SJK and LMH meets the criteria 😂

Hello everyone. It's been awhile. I have nothing to watch (can't seem to get into Taxi Driver 2) and so I've watched Nirvana in Fire and now re-watching Love like the Galaxy (this pairing still the best) 😂 Love to hate you was not bad too.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle They need to hurry up and let you work from home so you can spend as much time as you want looking at your oppas. Haha! 

There were a lot of hand shots for Rowoon in this CF, so I want to ask @SilverMoonTea -- does he have slender hands like Cheng Yi? :laugh:

The fingernails look short & big :lmao2:

Wang Kai's hands also very pretty

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@JenL glad you had a nice trip . I never met any oppas before in my previous trips - sadness :nervous:  I like Shin Jae Ha very much & watched a lot of the shows he was on. He often played good boy roles or someone’s younger bro . So am very glad he’s diversifying the roles his taking on . He’s got lots of potential 

@Chocolate my mum also loves SJK but SJK not that young in oppa land if compared to Cha Eun Woo etc  :laugh:. I just realized quite a few of us ended up watching Love To Hate You . @Tofu  and I were thinking no one else would be watching, so neither of us opened the thread . It turned out very fun & Yoo Teo is hot 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

006-EDm-N9ly1gwx542fgoyj33341qje83.jpg

@Tofu This shot he looks good but front shot for the hairstyle isn't as good.

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The fingernails look short & big

Rowoon has long fingers but true that he doesn't have nicely shaped nails. But the problem is when guys' nails are too pretty then it looks feminine (like as if they never do "hard" work). Hahaha but if I have to choose, I'd choose pretty nails. Visual is important.

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This is like musical/opera type of singing. But I thought you don't like watching musicals?

I think you got me mistaken with someone else. I don't think I've ever said I dislike musicals.

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I use Rimowa, but... don't think I've "made it" 😂 It's quite popular - when I get my luggage off the conveyor belt in any country, I have to look at the tag now. Apart from the brand and nice/simple design, they have the lightest luggage - the Salsa range is only about 3kg.

Mine is this at 3.1kg. I definitely didn't buy it for SGD$1000+ though. It cost me only AUD$380 at the time. Why is it so much more expensive in SG? What about the scratches, @Chocolate? The dents, scratches all over a 1K over luggage! :psweatduck: Or do you use a luggage protector cover, or you wrapped it plastics at the airport? Talking about luggage reminded me whether I still remember the lock combination! I had to dig it out to check just now - after not travelling for 4 years! I was looking at the key hole thinking, "I don't remember I have a key for this..." then I vaguely remember this maybe for the keys the airport security use to open my luggage. Gosh.

Are you all set/planned for the Korea trip?

@Tofu @JenL I've seen Someday or One Day movie last weekend. I'm still waiting for JenL's review. I like the kiss scenes between Greg and Ke Jia Yan (forgot her English name). Very naturally. I think the most pity I feel for the character is very little focus on Mo Jun Jie.

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Nirvana in Fire

LOL, for Wu Lei? Isn't the whole thing looking too old and out of date?

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The fingernails look short & big 

I can agree with this now since @madem has has concurred lol.

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It turned out very fun & Yoo Teo is hot 😝

Haha, but only at certain angles. Like this is nice.

Love To Hate You cast: Teo Yoo, his movies and tv shows - Auralcrave

Oooh oooh, while I was googling for the above photo, I found this! But I think not very successful since it didn't remind me at all!

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think you got me mistaken with someone else. I don't think I've ever said I dislike musicals.

Opps sorry! Wonder who it is now...

Mine is this at 3.1kg. I definitely didn't buy it for SGD$1000+ though. It cost me only AUD$380 at the time. Why is it so much more expensive in SG? What about the scratches, @Chocolate? The dents, scratches all over a 1K over luggage! :psweatduck: Or do you use a luggage protector cover, or you wrapped it plastics at the airport?

Yours cost the same as the Rimowa in SG too! It's nice.

Scratches and dents don't bother me. Definitely no luggage protector, it's too troublesome. In fact, the classic Rimowa is the silver metal one (which is d*** heavy) - that's meant to have character with all the dents and scratches and stickers.

Are you all set/planned for the Korea trip?

Just booked the essentials. I'm going to try to make it relaxing - just 8 days in Seoul alone. Might rent a car and drive out to Binjin's house 😂 ssshhh my RL friends cannot know...

LOL, for Wu Lei? Isn't the whole thing looking too old and out of date?

Hahahaha, he is still very good to re-watch in Galaxy - I'm at ep 40 and can't remember why they split up.

Everyone tells me that Nirvana is the mother of all c-dramas to watch so I tried. Not bad in terms of plot. Doesn't feel old at all. Wu Lei is soooo cute as a boy.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Yours cost the same as the Rimowa in SG too! It's nice.

Scratches and dents don't bother me. Definitely no luggage protector, it's too troublesome. In fact, the classic Rimowa is the silver metal one (which is d*** heavy) - that's meant to have character with all the dents and scratches and stickers.

The classic Rimowa is nice but it's made of aluminium meant for durability which makes it too heavy and thus impractical for me, who has travelled alone and having to drag my luggage from hotel (up & down a steep slope) to train stations (up the stairs with no help) and to the airport. It's not as bad when arriving but after shopping is not ideal. So if I'm super rich and a chauffeur can drive me to wherever I want, then yes sure, I'll get one. LOL!

29 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Just booked the essentials. I'm going to try to make it relaxing - just 8 days in Seoul alone. Might rent a car and drive out to Binjin's house 😂 ssshhh my RL friends cannot know...

Where are you staying in Seoul? How come alone? I thought you said you're going with a friend. Daring ah, drive again. Isn't it the opposite direction for Korea?

30 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Everyone tells me that Nirvana is the mother of all c-dramas to watch so I tried. Not bad in terms of plot. Doesn't it feel old at all. Wu Lei is soooo cute as a boy.

I've seen cuts on weibo. The picture quality look too old for me and I'm not into Wuxia.

31 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I'm at ep 40 and can't remember why they split up.

LOL. I can't remember either. Split up because he lied to her and killed his uncle?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Where are you staying in Seoul? How come alone? I thought you said you're going with a friend. Daring ah, drive again. Isn't it the opposite direction for Korea?

I'm going with a friend. Just staying in Seoul for all 8 days. Was thinking of going to Busan but SQ will have a direct flight later this year, so figured can go next time instead. Staying at Park Hyatt in Gangnam.

Driving on the other side of the road is ok for me. Just figuring out where else can I drive to for a day haha.

For now, I'm just looking forward to trying all the egg sandwiches!

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I've seen cuts on weibo. The picture quality look too old for me and I'm not into Wuxia.

There's not much wuxia. The lead character is a sick man who can't fight lol. It's mainly mind games. You may like it. I watched it on Youtube and the quality was decent.

• Like 1
  • Tasty 1
On 2/28/2023 at 4:31 AM, Tofu said:

No, @JenL!! You cannot like the possible villain in Taxi Driver 2! You must only love Lee Je Hoon! :cry:

Hahahaha!!! Don't worry @Tofu! I started watching Taxi Driver again last night and the moment Lee Je Hoon whipped out his sunglasses, I was whipped :cool:...I was like "...Shin Jae who?" :laugh:

I'm so happy you had fun, Jen! I've been paying attention to those LJW fanmeeting tweets and every time I see one, I think about you and how you would have loved to go to one.

Hahaha I've been watching them too. I guess it's just not meant to be this round of tours :letalQQ:. But hopefully one day! :heart:

I'm also going to be mega jelly of those Lee Je Hoon fans in Phillipines and I think Indonesia where he's due to appear soon.. @SilverMoonTea any chance you can kidnap him for me when he's there? :laugh:

I'm glad you were able to go to the filming set of DDSSLLS. Ever since he lost weight for Alchemy S2, his features are more defined and he just exudes a different kind of aura --- maturity? sexiness? I don't know, but it's working for him. Haha!

Yep, at least I feel like I've satisfied my DDSSLLS obsession by seeing the actual places :hearties:

Hahaha LJW does look hotter. I think he's been working out...but I dunno. His face seems more angular as well. I think when I first saw him in EY, he seemed to have a slightly rounder face. But yeah, manliness :wow2: LOL

On 2/28/2023 at 7:20 AM, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Rowoon! :wow:

On 2/28/2023 at 7:23 AM, mademoiselle said:

This is the best wake up gifts I've gotten 🎁! Now I just want to lie in bed & ogle at him instead of going to work! Thank you @Tofu

Speaking of EY, these Rowoon gifs are pretty hot! What photoshoot are they from?  :MonkaTang:

On 2/28/2023 at 11:25 AM, Chocolate said:

Hahaha maybe it's a generational thing. My mum says the same. When she asks for recommendation, the criteria is "must be "lang jai"" which means pretty boy. Apparently SJK and LMH meets the criteria 😂

My mum says that too, but her idea of a "Liang Jai" is not my idea of a "Liang Jai" for sure :laugh:

But we do both love Gong Yoo :hearties:

On 2/28/2023 at 11:46 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

The fingernails look short & big :lmao2:

Wang Kai's hands also very pretty

Hahaha hands are very important on Tea's criteria list!! :laugh:

On 2/28/2023 at 2:35 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL glad you had a nice trip . I never met any oppas before in my previous trips - sadness :nervous: 

That makes the 2 of us! :letalQQ: Hopefully on one trip we will run into one of our many loves! Maybe if they send Kang Tae Oh on a post military Asia tour, I'd purposefully buy a ticket to go and see him since I don't have any luck to naturally run into or catch the same flights as any Oppas.

On 2/28/2023 at 2:35 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I like Shin Jae Ha very much & watched a lot of the shows he was on. He often played good boy roles or someone’s younger bro . So am very glad he’s diversifying the roles his taking on . He’s got lots of potential 

Oh yay, someone who understands my newfound love of Shin Jae Ha!!! :pandablush: I feel like I'm not the only one though. I've seen some Twitter posts about him as well from some Korean fans.

I feel like I might have seen him in past projects before too, but I can't recall anything specifically. What was a drama you remember him being in that you saw in the past abs? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JenL said:

What was a drama you remember him being in that you saw in the past abs? :thinking:

He was in VIP ( but this is one cray cray makjang drama where his role was insignificant).

The one I would recommend is My Unfamiliar Family. That was an interesting show and I think he had a meatier role. He was in plenty of my favourite dramas but his roles were quite small though...

1. A Poem A Day

2. Prison Playbook

3. Gogh Starry Night

4. Page Turner ( This was a short drama but it's a main role )

On 2/28/2023 at 7:30 PM, Chocolate said:

Driving on the other side of the road is ok for me. Just figuring out where else can I drive to for a day haha.

The traffic and parking can be quite a pain in Seoul. But will be a fun adventure. Can do a day trip to Nami Island and its surroundings if you didn't do it the last time. But skip Petite France. Not worth it.

https://thetravelintern.com/nami-island-day-trip-gapyeong/

I will be headed for Japan in June @mademoiselle. Trying to finalise where I want to go this round. Maybe I will go to Nagoya for a few days since there a couple of interesting museums my kiddo wants to go to. Should I do Hakone as well? Any unusual side trip ideas that anyone has? I have done many major cities in Japan and all the usual ones, so am looking for some new ideas. I will fly into Tokyo and return home from there. 

• Thanks 1
  • Awesome 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 3/3/2023 at 12:41 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I will be headed for Japan in June @mademoiselle. Trying to finalise where I want to go this round. Maybe I will go to Nagoya for a few days since there a couple of interesting museums my kiddo wants to go to. Should I do Hakone as well? Any unusual side trip ideas that anyone has? I have done many major cities in Japan and all the usual ones, so am looking for some new ideas. I will fly into Tokyo and return home from there. 

Let me know how is Nagoya because in the response to LJW and IU's trip to Nagoya, the Japanese were wondering if they did anything fun/interesting and enjoyed a good time because to them, it doesn't seem like Nagoya is the place to visit... LOL. Will you go to the Science Museum? What about Legoland. I've trauma from Legoland coz my sis & family spent 6 hours in there making me and dad wait outside (and we actually went and watched a movie to kill them!)

Another place I do want to visit one day is the World Heritage site but I'm not sure if Summer is a good time or other seasons might have a better sceneries vs Summer. Like Arashiyama looks differently for each season.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5950.html

• Like 3

@mademoiselle I chose Nagoya cause we’ve not been 🤣. I have done all the big usual ones Hokkaido, Osaka , Kyoto . Did a lot of day trips including Hiroshima, Kanazawa, Nara etc and many smaller off the track places too. We will go to the Science Museum and The Train & Maglev Park . Not gonna do Legoland. We’ve done our fair share of theme parks in the past ( and I cannot stand waiting in line 🤣) Also considering a day trip to Shirakawa-go ( I believe that was the World Heritage Site you were referring to) . Have you decided on your itinerary ? 

• Like 3