@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea I just finished binging I Love to Hate You. It's a nice and fun rom-com. I cringed when that actress played his ex. She's always ALWAYS playing roles like that it's so hard to like her, LOL. But the good thing is she's not as hateful/annoying as she was in Sunbae. The only imperfection for me is how the second couple get together. I think proposing to date in a limo is too much and embarrassing.

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

And yes that grim reaper is hella funny & handsome too. He could be the one plus member to the boyband.

I thought it was cute & funny when all of them freaked out over a cut finger that he too was reacting to it :laugh:. He always acted so cool, so that reaction from him surprised me.

Btw will we ever see KMG dancing ? I mean thats a basic requirement of being a boyband lols... 

Hahahahaha I have no idea! Maybe never? He hasn't done any practice since and the only time he was supposed to perform a dance, he was embroiled in the sponsor scandal and missed the show completely. Now it seems the story is not for him to even do any dance.

Have you seen both KMG and the actress chemistry testing video? Both have a total different answer everytime :lol:Their visually quite matching, but probably personality wise not so

Hahaha I actually didn't watch it coz I wasn't into them as much when this video came out.

The drama is good to accompany while you're doing something else haha, it's not so serious, but also still have some heartwarming moments. Not too bad, eventhough I'm not sure I can finish it or not haha....

I think I'll just keep it to kill time since I don't really need to spend 101% energy on following the story. I just like seeing some fun/romantic/cute parts.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea I just finished binging I Love to Hate You. It's a nice and fun rom-com. I cringed when that actress played his ex.

I found the 2nd couple story more funny and more engaging. The actor's personality a bit bland, so I got bored with him fast. Also she was a femme fatale at first, but she become helplessly in love and look a bit weak in the end 😅 I felt like both main characters not developed well. But yes not too bad for a short rom-com, it's actually so much better than my expectation. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I think I'll just keep it to kill time since I don't really need to spend 101% energy on following the story. I just like seeing some fun/romantic/cute parts.

Yes right? I also don't have too much brain cells leftover to kill 😅😆, so I'm glad watching this easy peasy drama. I was exhausted after marathoning Glory. The drama is like sucking up my soul :NeonGhost:. And a BIG:no:to S3 haha.... 

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

35 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I found the 2nd couple story more funny and more engaging.

I expected them to get together but it wasn't flesh out as well. Like I want to see the guy struggle more with his feelings towards her. In the beginning it was more of her fawning over him but he didn't show much and all of a sudden he started to feel something, it seems too abrupt.

FL seems strong only because she had nothing to lose since she never loved. She was careless about how people view her as well but now that she's fallen in love, she started to care, not so much for herself but for the people she's grown to care and love. Often this is seen as weak because it's true, when you start to love/care/become emotional, you gain a weakness. But often that weakness (=love/support) is also what gives us strength or courage. For example: Superman. He's the strongest hero but the humans are his archilles, other than Kryptonite. If he doesn't care, he would have defeated his enemies too easily.

===

35 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yes right? I also don't have too much brain cells leftover to kill 😅😆, so I'm glad watching this easy peasy drama. I was exhausted after marathoning Glory. The drama is like sucking up my soul :NeonGhost:. And a BIG:no:to S3 haha.... 

Bwahahaha I thought you guys liked the dramaticness and b*tchiness!

===

Have you guys sprained your ankle before? Is it normal after it's healed and it's been a year or more, it will still occasionally hurt?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
On 3/3/2023 at 12:41 AM, abs-oluteM said:

He was in VIP ( but this is one cray cray makjang drama where his role was insignificant).

The one I would recommend is My Unfamiliar Family. That was an interesting show and I think he had a meatier role. He was in plenty of my favourite dramas but his roles were quite small though...

1. A Poem A Day

2. Prison Playbook

3. Gogh Starry Night

4. Page Turner ( This was a short drama but it's a main role )

Hahaha I'm going to check out some of these dramas when I get a chance. I started Prison Playbook awhile ago, but you know when you're watching the first episode and then get distracted and so you don't get invested...that's what happened to me. But I feel like it's something I'd love if I got into it, so I'm still going to watch it one day!

On 3/3/2023 at 12:41 AM, abs-oluteM said:

The traffic and parking can be quite a pain in Seoul. But will be a fun adventure. Can do a day trip to Nami Island and its surroundings if you didn't do it the last time. But skip Petite France. Not worth it.

https://thetravelintern.com/nami-island-day-trip-gapyeong/

Hahaha, I went to both Petite France and Nami Island. I actually don't mind Petite France and the Italian Village, but I was only there for an hour. It's cute, but it just seemed a bit dated. Nami Island is pretty, but at the tail end of winter it was a little sludgey with melted snow. I did the zipline into the island which was fun and we followed the animals around (there were lots of rabbits and a white peacock), but I don't know if there was that much to do at Nami Island either. I also didn't watch Winter Sonata, so I didn't have the drama nostalgia that a fan would have if they visited. The place I liked the most was The Garden of Morning Calm. Apparently they shot scenes from The King's Affection there. The garden doesn't have many flowers in the winter so they put on a huge light show instead. It was my favourite part of the tour. 

oc1RIel.jpg

On 3/3/2023 at 11:00 PM, mademoiselle said:

Oh you found the clips with Shin Jae Ha in it! I am hghly tempted now!!! Actually, as you might know I do like dramas with classical music themes so this is up my alley. I just kinda avoided it though during the Jisoo school bullying era. But I think the punishment has been served and now I actually like one of the actors in the drama soo...

On 3/4/2023 at 10:11 AM, mademoiselle said:

Let me know how is Nagoya because in the response to LJW and IU's trip to Nagoya, the Japanese were wondering if they did anything fun/interesting and enjoyed a good time because to them, it doesn't seem like Nagoya is the place to visit... LOL. Will you go to the Science Museum? What about Legoland. I've trauma from Legoland coz my sis & family spent 6 hours in there making me and dad wait outside (and we actually went and watched a movie to kill them!)

Hahaha Nagoya reminds me of Melbourne! But to be fair I personally didn't do annything there except visit a friend who was living there. But it felt peaceful and kind of slow. Wow, wonder why all the stars choose to go to Nagoya? :thinking:

On 3/4/2023 at 10:48 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle I chose Nagoya cause we’ve not been 🤣. I have done all the big usual ones Hokkaido, Osaka , Kyoto . Did a lot of day trips including Hiroshima, Kanazawa, Nara etc and many smaller off the track places too. We will go to the Science Museum and The Train & Maglev Park . Not gonna do Legoland. We’ve done our fair share of theme parks in the past ( and I cannot stand waiting in line 🤣) Also considering a day trip to Shirakawa-go ( I believe that was the World Heritage Site you were referring to) . Have you decided on your itinerary ? 

Are you going to Japan too @mademoiselle???

How was Hokkaido @abs-oluteM?  I think of the above, that's the only city I haven't been to, but hopefully next trip I can make it out that way. And maybe Kobe for BBQ. Always thinking of my stomach :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 3/5/2023 at 1:18 PM, mademoiselle said:

I wanted to go to Ghibli but forgot the ticketing open day so it's all booked out now.

Oooh were you wanting to go to the new theme park or the old museum? I'm so keen on that theme park but it seems too popular at the moment! :nervous:

On 3/6/2023 at 5:35 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

@SilverMoonTea Yonghwa was excellent in Heartstrings. Believable, funny, cute, self contained.

Hahaha I loved Yong Hwa in Heartstrings too. That was like the deepest crush I had on him...and then it sorta faded out except for every now and then when he has a project :idk:

On 3/10/2023 at 12:55 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I am not sure about fanmeetings...concerts for sure. But somehow I have not been motivated enough to pay for fanmeets....but then again no wants to come to Malaysia :nervous:. These oppas always go to SG, Bangkok and Manila. 

This is soooo true! I'm always surprised by the lack of actors that come to Malaysia and do public fan meets or even paid one. It was sad that LJW cancelled his public, shopping centre fan meet in Malaysia, but he ended up doing one in HK as well as a paid fan meet (ie. 2 fan events) :nervous: 

But yeah, the closest they seem to get is when they decide to go to Singapore :GengarPout:

On 3/10/2023 at 1:07 AM, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM Wah?! I thought a lot of oppas go to Kuala Lumpur. I think Lee Jae Wook was there recently; although, not sure if he is your oppa. 

Nahh, LJW didn't bring his fan meet there. He was the ambassador for tourism between Malaysia and Korea and they changed the event so the only way you could enter was to get in a draw from buying a Malaysia Airlines plane ticket to Seoul. So expensive just to get into a draw! :lettalKWA:

On 3/10/2023 at 1:47 PM, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM No oppas comes here for fanmeetings too. Even with concerts they are far away from me and tickets sell out super fast. 

Definitely no fan meets where I am. Kpop concerts are in my city, but it's a shame I'm not into Kpop :mine:

On 3/10/2023 at 9:35 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I doubt I will go for any oppa. Fan meets are different from concerts somehow . Plus to go for such events , you need to have company...my RL friends and I have such differing tastes in oppas. Like I don't think any of them know KYK as much as someone like Song Joong Ki or Lee Min Ho. 

On 3/11/2023 at 3:15 PM, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha I most likely will attend all these alone. Don't want to let people see me fangirling. xD

Hahahaha no, I like going by myself so that no one sees me at my worst fangirliest self  :laugh: Not that I've ever been to a paid Korean fan meet. The Taiwanese ones have always been chill and free (except for my plane ticket there)

On 3/11/2023 at 2:13 AM, Tofu said:

. I'd probably go with one of you want me to tag along with you to your oppa's fan meeting. :laugh:

I will pressure you to go to a Chae Jong Hyeop one when he becomes a big star :laugh:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Is KMG @JenL's oppa? I'm watching Heavenly Idol now 😂 He's quite handsome. I breaking my own rule , which is : I only watching idol drama if Jun on it 😆

18 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think almost everyone adopted him when Business Proposal was airing. I'm so bad at being a devoted oppa lover. I dropped Heavenly Idol because the first episode was too strange for me. I've seen a lot of his clips though. He's very handsome! :wow:

That's right @SilverMoonTea He is my Oppa! I've decided to start Heavenly Idol because I'm up to date with with Taxi Driver and I want to know what his first lead role is like though I hear it's kinda weird :idk:

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The drama has some silliness, but once you get past (pass?) that it's actually pretty fun watch. The trick is not to take everything too seriously coz it's just not that kind of show. He is very charming in some scenes, especially when he was seriously performing/singing on stage or taking a photoshoot (he only did it so that he could "eat" the junk food displayed on the table).

I feel like I'm sold now that you've said he's charming...these gifs are cute too :heart:

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Rowoon has so little screen time in Where Stars Land and I don't usually develop SLS so he's no match against Lee Je Hoon. 😆 Were you annoyed with the ending? I don't understand why the show decided not to show LJH's face. That was definitely LJH anyway, not acted by a substitute.

Rowoon is the second lead in Where Stars Land?!?! I downloaded a few episodes for the plane ride home, but didn't get around to it. I feel like I'm always busy now. But I'm not sure why. Maybe it's due to the exercising. Since the start of the year I've been putting more time into health care which is good...but definitely takes tim away from dramas :letalQQ:

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The drama is good to accompany while you're doing something else haha, it's not so serious, but also still have some heartwarming moments. Not too bad, eventhough I'm not sure I can finish it or not haha....

Hahahaha, and here I was thinking you were asking for a watch buddie when you tagged me...if I start it,  hope that means you won't drop it :laugh:

• Haha 4

@JenL The new Ghibli park. I've been to the museum. True that it's very popular and many people. But this place will forever be crowded. I doubt there is any time that it isn't.

19 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha no, I like going by myself so that no one sees me at my worst fangirliest self  :laugh: Not that I've ever been to a paid Korean fan meet. The Taiwanese ones have always been chill and free (except for my plane ticket there)

I don't mind going with people who "understands" my fangirling @Tofu but not anyone from real life. Though I don't think I'd act like the real fans/stans screaming...? Often when I watch fan videos of FMs, I wanted to go in there and tell whoever screaming to shut up because I want to listen to Oppa sing/dance! xD

36 minutes ago, JenL said:

Wow, wonder why all the stars choose to go to Nagoya?

Hahahaha I think LJS and IU chose Nagoya thinking no one would "catch them" because like you said, it's quiet. xDDD

19 minutes ago, JenL said:

Definitely no fan meets where I am. Kpop concerts are in my city, but it's a shame I'm not into Kpop

Hahaha not enough $$$ to hold one here. Plus if they go, they would just go to Sydney. 🫤

4 minutes ago, JenL said:

Rowoon is the second lead in Where Stars Land?!

Ahaha, no, Rowoon is probably considered the 3rd lead. The second lead is Lee Dong Gun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

S:laugh:hin Jae Ha's THE STAR photoshoot

No shrine to put these. I made one for him at S forums when I thought he had the potential to hit big but then don't know why it never happened until now...?

Hmmm, did he go to the army? Or did he recently get a better agent?  I can't really say I ever noticed him until recently where he's now kinda being evil everywhere :pandaevil: But it looks like he was second lead a few years back? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha, and here I was thinking you were asking for a watch buddie when you tagged me...if I start it,  hope that means you won't drop it :laugh:

I nowadays don't dare to ask for any watch buddies :laugh: I will just try psycho people left & right :Ghastlel: then maybe leaving them to watch it until finish, while I might not be doing the same hahaha.... 

P. S I still haven't watched ep 16 Crash Course Romance :lenny:

11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL The new Ghibli park. I've been to the museum. True that it's very popular and many people. But this place will forever be crowded. I doubt there is any time that it isn't.

I heard Ghibli so many times, but actually I never really watched any of their movies. So recently I finally tried Spirited Away, and somehow I quite like it. It was something similar to the classic Alice in Wonderland and also a non sensical type of movie with a very memorable weird character like "No Face". Any other work from them I should try? 

16 minutes ago, JenL said:

That's right @SilverMoonTea He is my Oppa! I've decided to start Heavenly Idol because I'm up to date with with Taxi Driver and I want to know what his first lead role is like though I hear it's kinda weird :idk:

I gave Taxi Driver S2 a try, but like in S1 I still couldn't get into the story or your oppa :idk:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Hmmm, did he go to the army? Or did he recently get a better agent?  I can't really say I ever noticed him until recently where he's now kinda being evil everywhere :pandaevil: But it looks like he was second lead a few years back? :thinking:

Yeah he went to army. Now he's back!

He's lower than second lead. He's always just a small supporting role in past dramas.

@SilverMoonTea Oh you picked a good one to start from Studio Ghibli. Spirited Away was a really nice and filled with imagination animation. It's unique too. My other fave is Howl's Moving Castle. Howl's was dubbed by Takuya Kimura for Japanese and Christian Bale for English. I love both version. Calcifer is a cute character too.

Other famous one are:

Sky Castle (Laputa)

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Grave of the fireflies (I haven't seen this - it's about war - too sad)

Kiki's Delivery Service (this one is not bad)

Porco Rosso

Pom Poko

Princess Mononoke

Ponyo

The newer ones I actually haven't seen. Hahaha. I think rather than movies, I like the music by Joe Hisaishi more (from the past animations).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea I just finished binging I Love to Hate You. It's a nice and fun rom-com. I cringed when that actress played his ex. She's always ALWAYS playing roles like that it's so hard to like her, LOL. But the good thing is she's not as hateful/annoying as she was in Sunbae. The only imperfection for me is how the second couple get together. I think proposing to date in a limo is too much and embarrassing.

The poor actress who played his ex is always in such roles. But it was cute that they had scene of her with Kim Ji Hoon ( since they  both were somewhat lovers in Money Heist. ) . Anyhow , the plot was pretty fun - cheesy and tropey but a good watch. 

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

P. S I still haven't watched ep 16 Crash Course Romance :lenny:

Oppa will be so sad ...see your profile pic :zzzz:

@JenL Hokkaido is just lovely . I went in June when summer was just about to begin. Weather here is still cooler than the rest of Japan.  If can , July & Aug would be better months since the flowers are out in full bloom. I visited the Lavender farm but the flowers were not out yet. Nevertheless , it was a nice day trip to this place  https://www.farm-tomita.co.jp/en/

I was based in Sapporo - even though it's the biggest city in Hokkaido, it was still relatively calm and quiet compared to Tokyo or even Osaka. I made a day trip to Otaru and this place is beautiful. Must try is the Naruto Fried Spring Chicken  Link and also the Cheese cake in Le Tao . I know Le Tao is in many places globally too. I also visited the Maruyama Zoo for my kiddo and did some touristy things within Sapporo. Their soft serve ice-cream is just awesome. I also stayed a night in Hakodate to take the bullet train back to Tokyo. Hakodate has a lot of great seafood ( just go to their market near the train station for many of those hole-in-wall type of restaurants. Crab ramen is a must.

https://digjapan.travel/en/blog/id=11395

And if weather is good you can go for this : https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5354.html where you can take a cable car up to see the beautiful view of the entire city. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The poor actress who played his ex is always in such roles. But it was cute that they had scene of her with Kim Ji Hoon ( since they  both were somewhat lovers in Money Heist. ) . Anyhow , the plot was pretty fun - cheesy and tropey but a good watch. 

Oh yeah, they were both in Money Heist getting it on as well 😅. Did they survive S2 and get together?

• Like 3
Just now, mademoiselle said:

Oh yeah, they were both in Money Heist getting it on as well 😅. Did they survive S2 and get together?

I haven't gotten round to watch it . But I will . This is what happens when they break the seasons into 2. Same story with Island.. lost my momentum :laugh:

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you guys watching Joo Won's Stealer? @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @ktcjdrama

I shall check it out. Been a while since watching him. If it's engaging enough, I'll watch. Otherwise, may just put on hold. So busy lately :nervous: but by then, hopefully already not as busy as now.

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you guys watching Joo Won's Stealer? @abs-oluteM @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @ktcjdrama

Hmmm no plans to do so. Can't say that I have watched any of his shows and not quite drawn to him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finished drooling at one Oppa, another Oppa's lovely photoshoot popped up. Ahhh, bliss.

Park-Hyung-Sik-ELLE-Singapore-ELLE-MEN-S

More here → https://elle.com.sg/2023/03/17/the-glorious-pursuit-of-park-hyung-sik/

52 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I like him, but whenever I see him, I think about the butt scene I saw in Carter. :pandablind:

Mmm, I can take butt scene coz that seems to be all actors would/could show vs actresses. I've seen SSH's and KYK's too. Oh, also Kim Rae Won when I watched Gangnam 1970 but he isn't Oppa.

Spoiler

I may have seen Ji Sung's too from one of his movies. Can't remember...

• Haha 3