On 3/13/2023 at 8:34 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL The new Ghibli park. I've been to the museum. True that it's very popular and many people. But this place will forever be crowded. I doubt there is any time that it isn't.

True! I think even years afterwards, it'll always be packed. I feel like Ghibli is pretty much Japan's version of Disney in terms of popularity. Well, hope you get to go one day :heart:

I don't mind going with people who "understands" my fangirling @Tofu but not anyone from real life. Though I don't think I'd act like the real fans/stans screaming...? Often when I watch fan videos of FMs, I wanted to go in there and tell whoever screaming to shut up because I want to listen to Oppa sing/dance! xD

Hahaha no one in real life would understand my level of fan girling :laugh: Or at least they might understand that that's me, but they wouldn't be able to share in it. I totally understand what you mean with fan girl's screaming. Like it's ok if it's because they're gettiing close or something...but often they just yell when they're talking :nervous:

Hahahaha I think LJS and IU chose Nagoya thinking no one would "catch them" because like you said, it's quiet. xDDD

I went back to read what the comment was and it's because you typed LJW instead of LJS and so I was like I wonder why LJW went to Nagoya  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hahaha not enough $$$ to hold one here. Plus if they go, they would just go to Sydney. 🫤

So true. Sighhh, I'm stuck trying to sync good times in either Malaysia, Singapore or Taiwan when a star I like decides to do one. But it's so hard to get the perfect time :letalQQ:

On 3/13/2023 at 8:52 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I nowadays don't dare to ask for any watch buddies :laugh: I will just try psycho people left & right :Ghastlel: then maybe leaving them to watch it until finish, while I might not be doing the same hahaha.... 

P. S I still haven't watched ep 16 Crash Course Romance :lenny:

Hahahaha so you're not selling dramas or trapping innocent people to watch anymore? :laugh:

I'm watching Heavenly Idol by the way! I just haven't really typed anything anywhere because I'm usually busy or when I have time I'm so lazy/ tired. Not sure what's gotten into me lately. I feel like I'm at a weird point in my life. Anyway Heavenly Idol is so funny and weird. I'm actually enjoying the silliness of the series. It actually just reminds me of a more fantasy version of Business Proposal -  super comic-like ideas. But the humour works ok for me - I laughed at his obsession with those tribute chocolates and the fact he was so offended at unbuttoning his top and acting evil for a photoshoot :lol:

Did you watch all the episodes of Crash Course in Romance and just not watch the last episode??? :lettalKWA:  I feel like most people are the opposite - just want to know the end!

On 3/13/2023 at 8:52 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

I gave Taxi Driver S2 a try, but like in S1 I still couldn't get into the story or your oppa :idk:

Fair enough. I'm enjoying season 2 - I don't think the story telling is quite as good as last season, but it's still warm and funny and I just like Lee Je Hoon :idk::heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

12 minutes ago, JenL said:

I'm watching Heavenly Idol by the way! I just haven't really typed anything anywhere because I'm usually busy or when I have time I'm so lazy/ tired. Not sure what's gotten into me lately. I feel like I'm at a weird point in my life. Anyway Heavenly Idol is so funny and weird. I'm actually enjoying the silliness of the series. It actually just reminds me of a more fantasy version of Business Proposal -  super comic-like ideas. But the humour wors ok for me - I laughed at his obsession with those tribute chocolates and the fact he was so offennded at unbuttoning his top and acting evil. :lol:

Did you watch all the episodes of Crash Course in Romance and just not watch the last episode??? :lettalKWA:  I feel like most people are the opposite - just want to know the end!

Fair enough. I'm enjoying season 2 - I don't think the story telling is quite as good as last season, but it's still warm and funny and I just like Lee Je Hoon :idk::heart:

Yes I also tired all the time now lols... 

Surprisingly I caught all HI episodes up to 10. 

Spoiler

The kiss quite decent too. 

It's strange and at times making no sense at all haha... 

But I don't have much drama to watch. 

I felt like I already know the Crash Course ending so its not exciting haha. 

• Like 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Btw @SilverMoonTea , Divorce Attorney Shin is really up & down for me. I think the divorce cases are quite boring. The one with the daughter-in-law and mother-in-law was too draggy whereas the cheating husband needing liver transplant's case was non-existent and quick to resolve. All in all, individual characters' backstories were more interesting than the cases thus far. What about you @abs-oluteM?

I'm surprised you are still watching Heavenly Idol. I thought after the odd episode and the kiss in the even episode (I forgot the episode number we're up to, LOL) that it will be in danger of being dropped coz they've kissed. xD

Just now, SilverMoonTea said:

Its getting better after ep 3. Ep 2 was kind of boring. The FL acting is so so and sometimes annoying, but I can live with it 😅

The FL looks familiar but I remember her always playing supporting roles. It's surprising that she got a lead role.

---

Im Siwan for GQ

style_6417d13419061-1200x1618.jpg

style_6417d1431c69a-1200x1618.jpg

Siwan says he played golf with Hae In, @ssteph and he said he'll ask Kim Soo Hyun next time. Lol, so KSH gave up bowling and now into golf...?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Btw @SilverMoonTea , Divorce Attorney Shin is really up & down for me. I think the divorce cases are quite boring. The one with the daughter-in-law and mother-in-law was too draggy whereas the cheating husband needing liver transplant's case was non-existent and quick to resolve. All in all, individual characters' backstories were more interesting than the cases thus far. What about you @abs-oluteM?

Watching ep 6 now haha... But I can understand your concern, I think pace a bit uneven. 

I might kept watching this because I like SSH and LSJ interaction. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm surprised you are still watching Heavenly Idol. I thought after the odd episode and the kiss in the even episode (I forgot the episode number we're up to, LOL) that it will be in danger of being dropped coz they've kissed. xD

The FL looks familiar but I remember her always playing supporting roles. It's surprising that she got a lead role.

I also surprised myself haha... we're at ep 10... Let's see if I still will watching ep 11 😂

The FL was with Nam Gong Min in My Beautiful Gong Shim. I think she's a girlband. 

• Like 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 3/13/2023 at 3:12 PM, mademoiselle said:

Have you guys sprained your ankle before? Is it normal after it's healed and it's been a year or more, it will still occasionally hurt?

Yes, it's normal. Might want to do some physio to strengthen the muscles etc. - lots of video online, don't even need to pay a physio these days 😅 I had a fracture more than 10 years ago and it's been acting up recently too.

On 3/18/2023 at 1:26 PM, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea@Chocolate

She really likes Siwan. I'm surprised I can still understand most of the Cantonese. They spoke quite a lot of English in here. Siwan's English is pretty good. He's knows decent amount of vocabulary, I thought he would get stuck at "pillar" but he didn't. This somewhat reminded me when RYJ was stuck in his vocabulary for "woodfire" in Africa.

Thanks for the video! Will check it out when I have more time. I really like Carol Cheng, but she's had so much work done on her face.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:36 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

But I don't have much drama to watch. 

Did you ever watch Love Like the Galaxy?

The reason I ask is because I just re-watched again over the weekend and the romance is really top-notch. Think I may even check out The Long Ballad 😭😂

@mademoiselle @JenL So if you don't like screaming fans, how would you fangirl if you got to a fm/concert etc 😆

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Tried ep 1 of it. The oppa not my cuppa... So I dropped it 😂

Oh, he grows on you. Trust me, because I don't usually like skinny 21 year olds too 😂

The first few episodes are a bit noisy, because of the bickering women. But after ep 6 or so, it gets much better. The 2 leads get glimpses of each other until they finally meet at ep 8 - which should be your cup of tea!

The 2 leads are really good in their roles. And both characters are written so well.

Try it!

• Haha 5

@mademoiselle Maybe it's a theme for GQ to have random sport equipment in their photoshoots. I think golf clubs are better than YSJ's dumbbells. Haha!

All this talks about golfing....ironically enough, I watched a Netflix series on golfing this weekend. It followed a few golfers during the PGA Tour. Apparently, my state is part of the tour because it's sponsored by 3M (their headquarter is in my state). The oppas who likes golf can come here to play. :pandacool:

Oh, speaking of headquarters, @mademoiselle there is a Spam Museum where I live. Hahaha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Oh, speaking of headquarters, @mademoiselle there is a Spam Museum where I live. Hahaha! 

:lmao2: this is so random. Spam, as in the luncheon meat Rowoon made a fuss about! :lmao2:

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

The oppas who likes golf can come here to play.

Maybe KSH is there right now!

14 hours ago, ssteph said:

1988 boys 😁 I know Hae In and Soo Hyun already played golf together.

Mmm, now what's Hae In and Soo Hyun's connection xD

Have you figured out why SJK is invited to HB's wedding yet? Is it golf as well?

16 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Oh, he grows on you. Trust me, because I don't usually like skinny 21 year olds too 😂

Bwahahahaha... Lei Lei grew on Choco, @Tofu!

17 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The reason I ask is because I just re-watched again over the weekend and the romance is really top-notch. Think I may even check out The Long Ballad.

The romance is top-notch? How? I'm asking because you disliked Kdramas' romances but then you love this! The Long Ballad is meh. I've seen all of it and rather than liking Dilreba, I hated her character! LMAO! Lei Lei is very swoony though... @Tofu and I have discussed his long hair and whole look in The Long Ballad makes him super duper gorgeous. The downside is there's not enough of him AND his voice has been dubbed! 😡 (Really not happy about this).

@mademoiselle @JenL So if you don't like screaming fans, how would you fangirl if you got to a fm/concert etc 😆

I just swoon/fawn quietly. I'd cheer and clap but I wouldn't be screaming like a lunatic like those fangirls. And I'd prefer to be quiet when they are singing a ballad.

Thanks for the video! Will check it out when I have more time. I really like Carol Cheng, but she's had so much work done on her face.

Mmm ok, so it's not old age. I was wondering if she did plastic surgery, esp. the nose. She looks just fine as she originally is.

Yes, it's normal. Might want to do some physio to strengthen the muscles etc. - lots of video online, don't even need to pay a physio these days 😅 I had a fracture more than 10 years ago and it's been acting up recently too.

Thanks for confirming! It's very strange. Now it's not hurting anymore but last week if I massage that area it hurts. If I hadn't touched that area, I wouldn't even know I was feeling pain but I guess I must have felt discomfort and press on that area and I feel the pain. :idk:

I was working and listening to k-music on youtube on my PC. So I don't actually see the youtube videos since you know... I am working.

Then a song comes up and the singer was out of tune. I tahan until I had to go see who is this singer!

Reveal hidden contents

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is funny. Uri Choco dissing her Oppa but it's true, it's better than he sticks to acting. LOL. Did you watch that movie which he had facial hair? It's available in C-sub; I tried to watch it but couldn't get into it so I stopped.

18 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Watching ep 6 now haha... But I can understand your concern, I think pace a bit uneven. 

I might kept watching this because I like SSH and LSJ interaction.

I'm continuing because I want to know how his story about his dead sister pan out. I'm not exactly into the cases he handle. I'm also wondering if the drama intended to develop loveline of him with Lee Seo Jin. The way he comforted her almost make me thinks it can happen (but open ending). Either that or it's just going to end with him bonding with all the oddballs. LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Mmm, now what's Hae In and Soo Hyun's connection xD

Have you figured out why SJK is invited to HB's wedding yet? Is it golf as well?

Hae In, Hae Joon (Hae In's younger brother), Soo Hyun, and Randy (Soo Hyun's bestie).

SJK & HB. I give up 😂

Other mysteries :

1. SJK & Ji Chang Wook

2. JHI & Jang Ki Yong

3. JHI & BTS members J-Hope & Jimin

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Maybe it's a theme for GQ to have random sport equipment in their photoshoots. I think golf clubs are better than YSJ's dumbbells. Haha!

Is it about Siwan photoshoot? GQ Golf, supplement magazine for GQ.

• Haha 5
14 minutes ago, ssteph said:

Other mysteries :

1. SJK & Ji Chang Wook

2. JHI & Jang Ki Yong

3. JHI & BTS members J-Hope & Jimin

Mwo, SJK and JCW has a connection? How? The only one I can think of now is Park Min Young :laugh: (both worked with her before).

JHI & JKY - Ooooh, this one I need to think. Chae Soo Bin? Other than that Hae In attended a lot of those fashion events so it's likely they get acquainted there.

As for BTS members, does anyone not know BTS in Korea? LOL.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
On 3/20/2023 at 7:31 PM, mademoiselle said:

What about you @abs-oluteM?

I like Divorce Att Shin very much. I don't care too much about the cases - it's the quirky office characters and the friendship between the men that I love. It feels a lot more like a slice of life then a legal procedural. 

I don't have new oppas...but my favorite oppa RN is Kim Young Kwang as can be seen from my profile pic. Shin Jae Ha will supposedly join KYK and Shin Ha Kyung for Bad Guys ...but I don't know if the latter two are confirmed though? 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 3/21/2023 at 3:04 PM, mademoiselle said:

Bwahahahaha... Lei Lei grew on Choco, @Tofu!

I have to be honest. He did 😂

The romance is top-notch? How? I'm asking because you disliked Kdramas' romances but then you love this!

I watched You Are My Glory remember? That was a pure romance too. The crux is the story and the actors.

Majority of kdrama romances are quite mediocre. The pairings are fine but ordinary. The character or the actor does not suck you in. You can probably switch the actors and the drama will be the same. I don't like angst so I cannot comment on the melodrama type.

But LLTG is not like that. All the scenes are quality ones - there are no time-wasters like going on a date and not talking about anything substantial. But more importantly are the 2 leads and the characters they play. If you changed out the actors, I'm not sure if it would be as enjoyable.

I thought Zhao Lusi was very good in that role, as a spunky/intelligent/playful girl who is also an innocent when it comes to love. Her acting there was such a far cry from The Long Ballad, I could barely recognise her at first. For Wu Lei, he is swoonworthy because of his 眼神 - you can tell what he is feeling when he looks at her, whether near or far. Not many actors can convey that so well. Of course, the Ling Buyi role is sooooo attractive, with all that power and decisiveness and yet his voice gentles when he is with her.

The Long Ballad is meh. I've seen all of it and rather than liking Dilreba, I hated her character! LMAO! Lei Lei is very swoony though... @Tofu and I have discussed his long hair and whole look in The Long Ballad makes him super duper gorgeous. The downside is there's not enough of him AND his voice has been dubbed! 😡 (Really not happy about this).

I've just finished it, mostly fast forwarded through except for the strategy/fighting and Ashile Sun scenes.

Dilraba looks like a heavily made up doll haha. And you're right. I don't really like her here too. For a drama called ChangGe's Journey (literal translation), she comes across impetuous and not that smart to warrant the title.

Wu Lei does look quite nice here haha. You can see snippets of Ling Buyi in Ashile Sun but I don't really like seeing him in the "bodyguard" role when he left his army. He's best when he has power. And yes, I miss his voice too!

Mmm ok, so it's not old age. I was wondering if she did plastic surgery, esp. the nose. She looks just fine as she originally is.

It's not. She had work done very early, I think in her 30s/40s and continued to do it. So her looks has changed a lot from when she was younger. Maybe it's the pressure of being in front of the screen daily with all the variety shows she hosts. It's a pity. It's seldom an improvement. Louis Koo is another example.

Did you watch that movie which he had facial hair? It's available in C-sub; I tried to watch it but couldn't get into it so I stopped.

The Point Men? Not yet. The reviews aren't that great so will wait. Have not watched CA2 yet either.

For movies, it feels like I must find time to spare for 2 hours. So I watch the dramas instead thinking it's shorter but... it's really not!

On 3/21/2023 at 11:49 AM, Tofu said:

There are dumbbells and then there are dumbbells...

Spoiler

Hyun-Bin-9.jpg

• Haha 3