@Tofu I saw that article too and I have been waiting for some confirmation. I hope he does take this on with Shin Ha Kyun.  

After seeing him Live Alone , I did get a sense of his introvertedness . I love his apartment. So organised with clean lines 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM Was he also the one who had a cut of meat delivered and ate it throughout the day? I also remembered his pilates class with his long limbs. Haha! :laugh:

Yes....I love his dedication to making his steak :laugh: and enjoying it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

If we stay with Kim Young Kwang, will we get to eat some good grade beef steak too? :SquirtleNiceAhah:

Oh yeah I got totally distracted by food when I actually came here to discuss about Jang Dong Yoon with @Tofu. Looks like he has another drama offer already! I'm not sure I can watch him in his latest drama. I can't with the fake tan. LOL.

EDIT: No luck in adopting Oppa in the last 4 days of Feb.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Looks like he has another drama offer already! I'm not sure I can watch him in his latest drama. I can't with the fake tan. LOL.

What is his new drama offer? It seems like the tan goes away once he's no longer in school. At least that's how it looks like from the videos. Haha! 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Let me know if you guys see men use the above "shoulder case" on the streets!

Only if we are hanging out in fancy places. Rimowa luggage are expensive. Those two pieces are over $1000 each! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Tofu This offer

I'm still gutted about Joseon Exorcist being axed! 😤 I was swooning over him being the prince!

15 hours ago, Tofu said:

Only if we are hanging out in fancy places. Rimowa luggage are expensive. Those two pieces are over $1000 each! 

Are you sure you're not in fashion industry? I've never heard of this brand xD

2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I love that song! The elements of bromance/BL in that scene plays into where the song is from. It's the OST for The King and the Clown, where the King falls for one of the clown, who is a man. 

I think he might be singing. Wasn't he also someone who wanted to become an idol but didn't? 

Ahhh now it makes sense why in the drama there's speculation after seeing Yeon Woo touching the other guy (he was just trying to heal him). I'm not sure if he's another that want to be an idol. I actually didn't look up on him even though I thought he was cute before or after A Business Proposal. I'll Google and see if I could find something.

Aish, I got nothing reading off Wikipedia apart from he's going to the military!

• Like 3

@Tofu His dimples in that clip is making me 😁 ~ so charming. His voice sounds different to the drama but drama version is recorded, not live. I've come across this variety program before. My fav clip is this, hahaha!

P.S. you know what? I think Asians such as Taiwanese, Japanese and South Koreans generally are pretty good in singing because one of their past times during teen is hanging out in Karaoke.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

This offer

Interesting storyline. What is a leader of an alley? :thinking: Doesn't he have another drama confirmed too? Something about a fairy? 

46 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you sure you're not in fashion industry? I've never heard of this brand xD

Hahaha! I really do not know that much about fashion, but I am able to recognize pieces here and there. Rimowa is actually a really popular luxury luggage brand. I consider it to be more of a luxury brand than Tumi, which is already so expensive. Rimowa items are usually over $1000. I see a lot of Korean celebrities with Rimowa luggage. Did you watch Jinny's Kitchen? The scene where they were putting the luggages in the car once they arrived in Mexico -- those are all Rimowa luggages. Their parent company is LV so that's probably why. Good for Rowoon to be ambassador! That's a high honor even if it's a luggage brand. 

His suit is from Bottega Veneta. It's about $3000 for the jacket and another $1500 for the pants. I only know this because I was on their website earlier today. My boss wanted to show me the bag she wants from this brand. Haha! 

20230224-233023.jpg

30 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I've come across this variety program before. My fav clip is this, hahaha!

Yes! For the people that can sing, they've had some really good singer on the show. 

• Like 3

@Tofu :scaredpanda2: I already think Samsonite is expensive and there's Rimowa which is over $1000-$2000. Luggages get thrown around at the airport, I honestly don't think I can justify spending over 1k for it. Again, not unless I'm a millionaire/billionaire. And they aren't even lightweight. Maybe Rimowa is the sponsor otherwise how can all of them be using the luggages?

Good thing about being a sponsor of the brand for the stars. They get free stuff! > <" More reason why I don't think celebrities need fans to buy them gifts. Hahaha!

P.S. Doesn't RW look super gorgeous!? :love::heart:

@abs-oluteM I'm watching Heavenly Idol. I like episode 3 more than 4 coz of the above clips I posted. He was actually performing rather running around trying to find the villain. There are some nice moments with the female lead too. I think if they give more focus for them and develop some romance, they will suit well on screen.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Maybe Rimowa is the sponsor otherwise how can all of them be using the luggages?

Probably, but I think they just buy them too. Supposedly, they are high quality, but I can't speak to it as I don't know anyone who has one. As a celebrity, it might even be a status symbol. You know you've made it when you are seen traveling with Rimowa luggages. Haha! For V, he is most likely sponsored because he endorses Celine (their parent company is also LVMH). 

Wu Lei is also sponsored by LVMH, under Loewe and Bulgari. Rowoon did some fashion spread for Tiffany and Co, right? That's also under LVMH. 

I watched this video on debt once and in Korea, they are very obsessed with designer goods. There are many people who puts themselves in debt because they feel the need to have the latest designer item.

This upcoming week is Paris Fashion Week (FW 2023) and they usually have the big name brands -- Chanel, LV, Loewe, etc. There will probably be a lot of photos of celebrities this upcoming week from this event. 

Song Kang was at Prada in Milan this weekend. I haven't seen him in a while. Does he have a drama confirmed? 

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The boyband ZE:A still exist? 

I can't remembered if they broke up, but you know...I do remembered that Im Si Wan barely performed with them on stage. He was always busy with acting -- kind of like Rowoon for SF9 too, right? He doesn't perform much with his group, probably more than Im Si Wan ever did though. Haha!  

• Like 3
11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle he’s a good dancer . He’s got those idol days training too isn’t it ? 

Hahaha I tried to watch a stage performance of Z:EA on YouTube last night and so cringing that not even one minute in I off it! :laugh: They have some nice songs but I've negative impression of their performance because I was shown a performance where they butchered Phantom of the Opera. Siwan was playing electric violin and Hyung Sik and another lady idol singing. It wasn't good. Siwan can play violin but you can tell, he's more of butchering the music than really know it. I'm sorry, Siwan, let's just stick to acting / dancing. LOL.

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I forgot he was PHS band mate :laugh:

The boyband ZE:A still exist? 

Broke up and went solo now. Kwang Hee is hosting variety. Siwan and Hyung Sik in acting. Kim Dong Joon is acting too, I think. He's out from army now.

30 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I can't remembered if they broke up, but you know...I do remembered that Im Si Wan barely performed with them on stage. He was always busy with acting -- kind of like Rowoon for SF9 too, right? He doesn't perform much with his group, probably more than Im Si Wan ever did though. Haha!  

It seems like the agency always pick one out of the band to do more activities. Usually they called it "the face" of the boy band - they would have more exposure than the others and promote for the bands. Cha Eun Woo was the face of ASTRO too, and will eventually go into acting/variety after they break up. I see the same with Rowoon. By the time I know of Z:EA, I think they have already parted so I'm not so sure how they were during their idol years. I love Siwan and Hyung Sik as actors only, LOL. Although few times Hyung Sik did impress me with his singing. Rowoon is probably the only idol actor I kind of wish he could juggle both coz I like him as idol (love watching him dance) and actor.

35 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Song Kang was at Prada in Milan this weekend. I haven't seen him in a while. Does he have a drama confirmed?

He's quiet probably filming Sweet Home S2 and S3.

36 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Wu Lei is also sponsored by LVMH, under Loewe and Bulgari. Rowoon did some fashion spread for Tiffany and Co, right? That's also under LVMH. 

I watched this video on debt once and in Korea, they are very obsessed with designer goods. There are many people who puts themselves in debt because they feel the need to have the latest designer item.

Oh. So in the end it's all under one company. Is Tiffany and Co. really as good as its price?

Designer goods, to be fair, has its value. If we take good care of it, the resell value is high since it won't depreciate. But I can't wear something so expensive and there's always wear and tear due to the environment, my heart will bleed. Plus how long do I have to wait for these things to become antiques and sell at a higher value? LOL! That said, I'm hoping my Harry Potter books will worth something in the future. :lmao2:

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

Cha Eun Woo was the face of ASTRO too

Whenever I see Cha Eun Woo's name, I will forever think about how he is @abs-oluteM's mom's oppa. Hahaha! :laugh:

He's quiet probably filming Sweet Home S2 and S3.

There's going to be three seasons?! :shocked2:

I haven't even watched the first one! Although, I do recommend it to a lot of my non-Asian friends. I just tell them you guys tell me it's good. Haha!

Oh. So in the end it's all under one company. Is Tiffany and Co. really as good as its price?

LVMH is one of the biggest luxury brand parent companies. They own almost everything. Some other brands of theirs --  Dior, Fendi, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Off-White, Sephora, etc. It's always a good thing to be an ambassador for one of their brands because it opens the door to the other brands they have. 

Tiffany and Co is a classic, everyone recognize the Tiffany blue/teal color. I have two of their jewelry items (the dainty smile necklace and one of their silver bracelet). I like them, but I don't wear jewelry all that much so they spend majority of the time in their boxes. Haha! I think one good thing is they do carry some affordable pieces versus another luxury brand like Cartier.

Plus how long do I have to wait for these things to become antiques and sell at a higher value? LOL! That said, I'm hoping my Harry Potter books will worth something in the future.

Hahahaha!! Since the beginning of COVID, a lot of brands have increased their prices. A Chanel bag that used to be $2k is now around $5k. Sometimes, some of their bags are almost as much as a Hermès Birkin! If you are wanting to buy designer goods, only buy the ones you will use for a long time and also look at the resale value. Some brands have really bad resale value like Fendi.

Maybe first edition HP books will be worth something? Sometimes when there's so many editions, does it really hold its value? I remembered when people used to camp out at bookstores for each book release. Hahaha! 

To bring this back to oppas (LOL!), I feel like PSJ has aged a bit...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes @Tofu mum’s ultimate fave is Cha Eun Woo . She just finished True Beauty since it came on NF.  She also likes RoWoon . Mum says the pretty ones are the best to watch.  She’s not much into ahjussi love :laugh:even if she’ll watch the shows 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

There's going to be three seasons?! :shocked2:

I haven't even watched the first one! Although, I do recommend it to a lot of my non-Asian friends. I just tell them you guys tell me it's good. Haha!

I'm pretty sure you knew there are 3 seasons and just forgot all about it. LOL. Did your non-Asian friends like it? I tried to sell it to Asian and non-Asian friends but they didn't buy it and instead they tell me they liked Squid Game which I don't feel the same way. :idk: Is Wi Ha Joon going to return for Squid Game 2 by the way?

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Maybe first edition HP books will be worth something? Sometimes when there's so many editions, does it really hold its value? I remembered when people used to camp out at bookstores for each book release. Hahaha! 

The first edition of HP volume 1, the one that JK.Rowling published in a small quantity is already worth a lot

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11644147/First-edition-Harry-Potter-Philosophers-Stone-goes-sale-70K.html

I only have one first edition of one of the volumes that could probably worth a bit of money. :laugh:

https://www.firstforwomen.com/posts/money/harry-potter-book-money

58 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes @Tofu mum’s ultimate fave is Cha Eun Woo . She just finished True Beauty since it came on NF.  She also likes RoWoon . Mum says the pretty ones are the best to watch.  She’s not much into ahjussi love :laugh:even if she’ll watch the shows 

Hahahaha your mum is our role model!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2