On 1/19/2023 at 12:05 AM, abs-oluteM said:

So far I haven't really found any new oppas to be really crazy over. But this actor has definitely caught my eye :laugh:

On 1/19/2023 at 12:24 AM, Tofu said:

That is @JenL's oppa. Hahaha! He was in Pachinko. He is friends with Kim Jae Young's BFF.

On 1/19/2023 at 12:29 AM, abs-oluteM said:

So @JenL how did he become your oppa.

Hahahaha @Tofu is correct - he is my Oppa from Pakincho. I felt nothing for Lee Min Ho, but the main character has an affair with LMH and then marries a paster played by this actor, Steve Noh or Noh Sang-hyun. He's so hot...I was like, if pastors are this hot I would definitely be a pastor's wife  :wow::laugh:

@SilverMoonTea...I posted about him months ago....pages ago on this very thread... He was one of the very few Oppa I adopted last year. Can't believe you only noticed his beauty now!:popcorn:  But I forgive you because this is just like the Jasper situation again where you only noticed him after you went crazy for Before we get married :laugh:

On 1/19/2023 at 12:29 AM, abs-oluteM said:

This Noh Sang Hyun was in Curtain Call & had a important supporting role. I actually wished his character was the main lead because the story for CC would have been so much better if that was the case. Anyway I find that he has unique look ...and of course his got a hot body :D

How was Curtain Call?! I've been so out of the drama world for the past few months, except AOS and fawning over the Someday or One Day Movie. What are some good dramas coming up??? I only know I'm keen for a lot of sequels this year like Taxi Driver 2 and All of Us are Dead 2

I still have to watch Unlock the Boss @Tofu :letalQQ:

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Nothing that is X Rated :lenny:....

Are you sure??? :smug:

23 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

So when are we binging Behind The Star? :smug:

What is Behind the Star??? If Steve Noh is in it, I'll watch just to see hiimmmm :heart:

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

He and the actress (Kwak Sun Young ) had some amazing kiss scenes and fire chemistry. Just watch the elevator scene. :GrowDerp:

Ok, seems important. I'll watch :MonkaTang:

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL since you're here....:GrowDerp:

Hahahaha I am enjoying the (hidden) view :MonkaTang::MonkaTang::MonkaTang::wow::wow::wow:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 minutes ago, JenL said:

How was Curtain Call?!

Don't watch ahahahahaha...the concept was good and the actors are great but the plot had issues towards the middle. You can read my rants on the drama thread. Pity @ktcjdrama @Chocolate cause I was constantly saying something not too positive. :laugh: I stuck on because of NSH's character in the show.  

I guess given that he's from Boston, it makes sense that his English pronunciation is pretty good. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Don't watch ahahahahaha...the concept was good and the actors are great but the plot had issues towards the middle. You can read my rants on the drama thread. Pity @ktcjdrama @Chocolate cause I was constantly saying something not too positive. :laugh: I stuck on because of NSH's character in the show.  

Damn, that's a shame. I've been so lazy to go on drama threads, but I'll go for a read soon. Did you both like the drama/ finish it @ktcjdrama and @Chocolate?

27 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I guess given that he's from Boston, it makes sense that his English pronunciation is pretty good. 

Yessss....he's a foreign Korean so perfect English. Reminds me of Steven Yeun a little :hearties:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@abs-oluteM Will you now watch Pachinko for him? LOL!

@JenL I finally got into the mood to watch Pachinko.

When watching Pachinko this Noh Sang Hyun caught my attention too 😅 but just not enough to be adopted as Oppa. As for the drama, I don't think I'm interested enough to watch S2. I'd say if they change the formatting of going back & forth, I'd be more interested to carry on — I am not interested of the present day story. I only want to watch Sunja's story development.

• Haha 4

@SilverMoonTea he is super hot if not I won’t adopt him . Amazing he’s like in his 40s.  I saw that video too . If they both weren’t married, I’d ship too :laugh:. Let’s just say they understand the power of fan service 

@mademoiselle I don’t know if I like him enough to wanna watch Pachinko. How did you find the story ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM There's not much of him actually so maybe you can skip. Hahaha! The story is about the hardship of South Koreans during Japan's occupation. I guess I learnt something new (again) that Koreans were taken to Japan to work. Most of them went home but some never returned and still stayed in Japan until now. They showed some Halmoni in their 80s giving their 2 cents about their life in Japan at the end of the 8th episode. I find that insightful. I do have a bit of interest on stories like that; it also reminds me how well our life is now and we should be thankful. That said, I still want pay rise and think company should know their staff's worth before it's too late 😆

@Tofu I've given up on Unlock My Boss. Let me know how it end please. Are you still going to watch Poong?

---

Sigh, I need Oppa back on my screen. Apart from two dramas, I think I've been falling asleep watching kdramas. @Chocolate I'm really trying for Payback but zzz again in episode 3. 🥲

Hahahahahaha @SilverMoonTea Jang Seung Jo is re-adopted or new Oppa? So fast already two Oppa. :lol:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

@ktcjdrama @SilverMoonTea I started Meet Yourself and I can see why Li Xian is so loved. His character is amazing in this! 

I kept crying with this purest love story @ktcjdrama@TofuHe's so kind... I'm at episode 22. 

51 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahahaha @SilverMoonTea Jang Seung Jo is re-adopted or new Oppa? So fast already two Oppa. :lol:

I'm still considering adopting Li Xian. Look wise I'm not so into him. But his character in C drama just melting me. I'm not the type easily cry, but this drama just so touching.

I think JSJ not yet adopted before lols. Im lazy to check my list. Such a long list :laugh:

• Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Happy lunar new year gals ! 

Happy Lunar New Year to you too!! And to all of you here 😘

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

I started Meet Yourself and I can see why Li Xian is so loved. His character is amazing in this!

Wait till you hear his confession. So touching I cried. Where can we find men like this nowadays? Have to keep reminding myself, only in dramalands 😆

On 1/19/2023 at 9:06 PM, JenL said:

Did you both like the drama/ finish it @ktcjdrama and @Chocolate?

I ended up reading recaps and only watching certain scenes. Don’t waste your hours. Come away with us and watch Meet Yourself. The literal title is “go to a windy place” 去有風的地方 It is indeed a breezy and refreshing watch for me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Shocked 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I've given up on Unlock My Boss. Let me know how it end please. Are you still going to watch Poong?

Yes, but I am very behind with Poong (haven't watched this week's episodes yet). :cry:

Spoiler

I used to be able to work 50+ hours at the same company every week without any issues, but it's so much harder now working that many hours for two different companies. Each have their own set of policies and I have to remember what my roles are so constantly switching between roles can be quite stressful. By the time I get home, I don't want to do or watch anything. I'm hoping that now that this big project is over, I can start watching dramas when they air again. I need to be less stress for all the February releases!! 

@ktcjdrama @ssteph @SilverMoonTea Ahh...! I cannot wait to see his confession then. I'm expecting it to be really wholesome and heartfelt. :heart:

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Today is only the Eve , and I already feel tired from all the social stuff. Clearly the introvert in me needs to crawl back into its shell

I agreed! My introvert self does not want to see any more people. 

Happy Lunar New Year!! Here's to hoping more oppas catch our eyes this year!! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

🥳 our first oppa of 2023. 
So the subs is out? I heard it wasn’t translated as beautifully. I go check it out first. 

Yes I watched ep 26 in 

Spoiler

Kisskh

It was rather short the translation, but nevertheless still make me bawling...:PiplupCry: 

Btw this Lixian quite unexpected gem for me. And LiuYiFei probably the first time I moved by her acting too. (I watched many of her work before).

• Like 3
  • Party! 1

@SilverMoonTea @Chocolate @abs-oluteM I came across a Singaporean video talk show hosted by Guo Liang and Zoe Tay. Zoe Tay was a Singaporean actress I knew and had seen some of her works when young. She prompted me to look up my past Singaporean Oppa~

Please tell me you guys know them, hahahaha!

Zoe Tay is aging quite well.

https://www.instagram.com/zoetay10/

But not Oppa... 😂😭

Chen Han Wei - I really don't like his hairstyle

https://www.instagram.com/chenhanwei1969/

Li Nan Xing - I wonder what I see in him back then 🤣. He has the nickname of Chow Yun Fat before if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.instagram.com/lnxglobal_official/

• Haha 3
  • Party! 1
15 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea @Chocolate @abs-oluteM I came across a Singaporean video talk show hosted by Guo Liang and Zoe Tay. Zoe Tay was a Singaporean actress I knew and had seen some of her works when young. She prompted me to look up my past Singaporean Oppa~

Please tell me you guys know them, hahahaha!

Zoe Tay is aging quite well.

https://www.instagram.com/zoetay10/

But not Oppa... 😂😭

Chen Han Wei - I really don't like his hairstyle

https://www.instagram.com/chenhanwei1969/

Li Nan Xing - I wonder what I see in him back then 🤣. He has the nickname of Chow Yun Fat before if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.instagram.com/lnxglobal_official/

I only knew Zoe Tay. I really seldom / almost never watching local drama. 

The most memorable local drama I ever watched is Little Nyonya.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Nyonya

It's pretty remarkable with the storyline, setting, and the acting not too bad too. 

Having said that, I don't even think I watched the ending lols. It was quite long if I'm not wrong.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle I have zero knowledge of Singaporean actors - never watch any of their stuff. I don't even watch Malaysian ones. But if you ask me about Hong Kong actors, there's a higher chance I will know them. :laugh:

@Tofu I don't quite understand how the audio drama will work. Or if we will even see his face. But first character teaser

This was screen shot from a Soompi article

Spoiler

FnXnwWGaUAgQrCv?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

@SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM Mwo. You guys never watch any of your local shows?! Not even free on air?! I might have seen The Little Nyonya, I'm not sure. I just remember following whatever the family is watching at the time. So if my aunt rented series of Singaporean or Taiwanese (Qiong Yao) dramas, I would definitely be watching them. Malaysian's I believe I've also seen a few. I stopped watching after coming here because no source (rental or download) and internet streaming was non-existence.

@abs-oluteM Used to watch free on air HK dramas too but also stopped at some point, especially when ASTRO was introduced. 🤣 We only have one TV at home so what I can watch is limited.

P.S. I shouldn't say. I also don't watch any local shows here 😂. I did used to watch Neighbours since there was nothing to watch at that time slot, other than Home & Away, but boy it was super loooooong series. Life definitely got so much better when we started to have ADSL.

• Haha 6