21 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think JYH did a decent job in Brain Work. I finished all the episodes @Nohamahmoud2002and enjoyed it. The drama pace quite good too, even the main villain story not too bad and the single cases are all pretty interesting. I watched this together with @LaLahaha... I think his acting much better than in Haunted House. 

I didn't know you are still watching this xD Your love for Yong Hwa is strong!

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle I chose Nagoya cause we’ve not been 🤣. I have done all the big usual ones Hokkaido, Osaka , Kyoto . Did a lot of day trips including Hiroshima, Kanazawa, Nara etc and many smaller off the track places too. We will go to the Science Museum and The Train & Maglev Park . Not gonna do Legoland. We’ve done our fair share of theme parks in the past ( and I cannot stand waiting in line 🤣) Also considering a day trip to Shirakawa-go ( I believe that was the World Heritage Site you were referring to) . Have you decided on your itinerary ? 

Waaaah, you have done so much! I'm sticking to just Tokyo this time because even though I've been there every time I haven't quite explore each famous town.

Spoiler

I've been in Tokyo station but I haven't explored the shops at Tokyo station. They said it's filled with shops. Apart from my first trip, my second and third I'm like the tour guide with baggage so my itinerary is jam packed with activities that must be achieved. Tokyo is the last stop, by then I am already exhausted from all the standing/walking that I've lost the mood to look around. The bad thing is Japan doesn't have chairs in their shops for you to rest. LOL. This time I wish to take it slow and relax. I only have IG reels/posts saved up but haven't planned anything. All I know is first two days, I'm staying at MUJI Hotel for experience purposes so I'll explore MUJI and Uniqlo at Ginza. Then I'll walk around Ginza to see what's interesting because I've only been to Ginza to eat BBQ (first visit)—was really lost at the time because there was no Google Map yet. Second visit we shop at Uniqlo a bit but no time to explore all 12 floors slowly and Shiseido because friend's friend ask her to buy her expensive Shiseido that only Ginza shop has. I wanted to go to Ghibli but forgot the ticketing open day so it's all booked out now.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle In 2021, I watched a lot of dramas. I must have been watching a lot of other dramas during that time. I never went back to watch it even though I've heard great things about it. Maybe I'll go back to watch it when I have more time. 

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yes I would

Rowoon's? Haha! 

• Haha 4

@Tofu Yeah watch Mr Queen. It's good fun especially when you have a heavy or tired day. It's on Netflix now anyway. The only thing I would say it is a shame is when SHS danced in the rain, the BGM changed in NF because the song is copyrighted. Think the live broadcast it was Black Pink's song used.

Yes, I would definitely try to go to Rowoon's since he's the only VIP Oppa. There was once a time that I contemplated on PBG's. LOL.

• Haha 4
On 3/8/2023 at 9:26 AM, Tofu said:

If money and time was not an issue, would any of you attend the fanmeetings of your favorite oppas? 

I am not sure about fanmeetings...concerts for sure. But somehow I have not been motivated enough to pay for fanmeets....but then again no wants to come to Malaysia :nervous:. These oppas always go to SG, Bangkok and Manila. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Wah?! I thought a lot of oppas go to Kuala Lumpur. I think Lee Jae Wook was there recently; although, not sure if he is your oppa. 

@mademoiselle Haha! Sounds good for Mr. Queen! That is odd that his fan meeting was different in both countries. Usually they are similar. Maybe he only had a short amount of time and skipped the singing? 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM Wah?! I thought a lot of oppas go to Kuala Lumpur. I think Lee Jae Wook was there recently; although, not sure if he is your oppa. 

Heheheheheh...Lee Jae Wook is not my oppa. None of my k-oppas has come for a fan meet yet. :zzzz:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Oppa does go to KL, @abs-oluteM!

None comes here for FMs too. Idols come for KCON event and concerts but me not into KPOP! The actors do come here quietly for CF shooting. I think @Tofu you too, will get many that goes to the US for holidays etc and idols for concerts, but FM is super rare. But didn't BTS held a FM tour at all that include USA given their fame and popularity?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

But not the ones I would go @mademoiselle . I agree that it’s still better then where you are . 

I can't remember who went to KL off the top of my head. It's been 3-4 years border closed coz of covid. But your VIP Oppa barely held FMs, right? Would you go if Wu Lei went? xDDDD

Nah, I think you won't. I just need to name some older Oppa but I don't remember the names of Chinese Oppa you like. Would you go for KYK?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
46 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Would you go for KYK?

I doubt I will go for any oppa. Fan meets are different from concerts somehow . Plus to go for such events , you need to have company...my RL friends and I have such differing tastes in oppas. Like I don't think any of them know KYK as much as someone like Song Joong Ki or Lee Min Ho. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I doubt I will go for any oppa. Fan meets are different from concerts somehow . Plus to go for such events , you need to have company...my RL friends and I have such differing tastes in oppas. Like I don't think any of them know KYK as much as someone like Song Joong Ki or Lee Min Ho. 

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle @abs-oluteM Hahaha! I think we all determined that we might consider fan meetings, but prefer concerts. I don't know if I would go to a fan meeting either. They are so intimate and that kind of setting scares me a bit. I'd probably go with one of you want me to tag along with you to your oppa's fan meeting. :laugh:

Hahahaha I most likely will attend all these alone. Don't want to let people see me fangirling. xD

• Haha 4
46 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha I most likely will attend all these alone. Don't want to let people see me fangirling. xD

Hahaha!! 

Because I saw the comment in Call It Love's thread, did Rowoon change his voice in EY when he played Haru? Haha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Because I saw the comment in Call It Love's thread, did Rowoon change his voice in EY when he played Haru? Haha!

No, I think it was more like his voice wasn't how i imagined it to be for Haru...but there is a slight difference for his voice after Where Star Land. Not sure how one actually "change" their original voice but if you compare his voice and how he deliver his lines in Where Star Land/EY to Sunbae, Affection and Tomorrow. It's not exactly the same anymore. And I think it sounded better.

I miss Rowoon now after talking about him xD

By the way, I found a potential Oppa. He plays grim reaper in Heavenly Idol and strangely reminds me of Lee Soo Hyuk. I think their nose look similar. What do you think?

DSC00463.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Is KMG @JenL's oppa?

I think almost everyone adopted him when Business Proposal was airing. I'm so bad at being a devoted oppa lover. I dropped Heavenly Idol because the first episode was too strange for me. I've seen a lot of his clips though. He's very handsome! :wow:

@mademoiselle Who is the grim reaper? I don't think I've paid enough attention to Rowoon to notice the subtle differences in his voice, but I do think that his physical appearance has changed a lot. I didn't even know he was Chae Soo Bin's BFF in Where Stars Land. :laugh:

Just because I think you guys need to see more of Chen Xingxu. LOL!! 

TSL-26.gif

Spoiler

006-EDm-N9ly1hbte8iltnlj33gg56o4r5.jpg
006-EDm-N9ly1hbujdl5ilfj356o3ggqvh.jpg
006-EDm-N9ly1hbvv3hxhtaj362g40gnpr.jpg

50353a80ly1hbwaik1br2j256o3ggu15.jpg
50353a80ly1hbpxd6nsyyj256o3ggnpl.jpg

And if costume drama Chen Xingxu isn't to your liking, no worries! Chen Xingxu looks great in modern wear too. :heart::laugh:

50353a80ly1ha9w90s39sj22bc1jke82.jpg

Spoiler

50353a80ly1hbr5bwsd95j233442jnpn.jpg
50353a80ly1hbr5ccgt4lj23uw2w67wt.jpg
50353a80ly1hbr5cizygej2334446he6.jpg
50353a80ly1hbr5cycvskj23uw2w6kju.jpg

• Haha 4
12 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Is KMG @JenL's oppa? I'm watching Heavenly Idol now 😂 He's quite handsome. I breaking my own rule , which is : I only watching idol drama if Jun on it 😆

:lmao2: Oh yeah, I totally forgot you guys said that! Jun's dramas have been disappointing though so you can excuse yourself with that. And see, it isn't so bad right? The silly bit is better than Kokdu, in my opinion. I'm waiting for you to reach the part where the doctor has to stitch him up. His reaction reminds me of the pet's owner having to distract their pet so that the vet can give them injection. If you liked the part about Kasy's runaway, then you'll even be moved by the other member's. @Tofu It's so funny this Pontifex is a foodie  :laugh:.

be6400324b47ffb3c19a16301c15ae3053fe486a

c7a39e563fc6f639cab6e1fb65a2afade5049dbd

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

He's very handsome!

The drama has some silliness, but once you get past (pass?) that it's actually pretty fun watch. The trick is not to take everything too seriously coz it's just not that kind of show. He is very charming in some scenes, especially when he was seriously performing/singing on stage or taking a photoshoot (he only did it so that he could "eat" the junk food displayed on the table). :laugh:

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

Who is the grim reaper?

The Grim Reaper is some actor called Park Sang Nam. https://asianwiki.com/Park_Sang-Nam_(1994)

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I don't think I've paid enough attention to Rowoon to notice the subtle differences in his voice, but I do think that his physical appearance has changed a lot. I didn't even know he was Chae Soo Bin's BFF in Where Stars Land.

He was only 22 years old then (2017-2018). Do boys' voice take some time to settle down still at that age? I'd think it'd stabilised by then? It clearly sound different to me, like higher pitch? I'll dump the links here, have a quick listen and tell me?

https://youtu.be/H8YygPMQja4?t=112

https://youtu.be/ybfv2r6uzTo

I was the same, at the time I just thought he was good-looking but didn't think too much into it. He looks the same (or sometimes older) and skinnier at the time because he hasn't beef up yet. He lost even more weight doing EY; he was like a stick in there but you know the saying, you put on 10 pounds on camera so being skinny accentuates his features more especially when he's playing a character that comes out of the manga. I think this speaks truth because Lee Jae Wook also look much more attractive after losing more weight and the jawline became more prominent.

511413-174534-5014.jpg

Rowoon has so little screen time in Where Stars Land and I don't usually develop SLS so he's no match against Lee Je Hoon. 😆 Were you annoyed with the ending? I don't understand why the show decided not to show LJH's face. That was definitely LJH anyway, not acted by a substitute.

Talking about Rowoon makes me go back and watched some clips of him and misses him. @abs-oluteM I was lying in bed yesterday watching this cut. I watched for the expressions and acting from Rowoon in the Sunbae cuts. I already know the story and what happened in the scenes, so I didn't need sound and was able to focus more on his acting. Even now I still get some feels.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselleYes I had reached that scene last night and it's quite funny & sweet. I think the drama has better flow & pace compare to Kokdu, and there is more other people storyline, so it's not only focus on main couple. I left with ep 8 now. And yes that grim reaper is hella funny & handsome too. He could be the one plus member to the boyband. Btw will we ever see KMG dancing ? I mean thats a basic requirement of being a boyband lols... 

Have you seen both KMG and the actress chemistry testing video? Both have a total different answer everytime :lol:Their visually quite matching, but probably personality wise not so :laugh:

The drama is good to accompany while you're doing something else haha, it's not so serious, but also still have some heartwarming moments. Not too bad, eventhough I'm not sure I can finish it or not haha....

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif