• Others, you can share more in thread
  3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

@JenL, here is a translation of the dialogue, including scene dialogue, in the kiss scene clip you posted. It was very difficult watching them kiss again and again, but I forced myself for the sake of the thread. :laugh: Included a little timing data since there is so little dialogue. :heart:

SJ: Oh! This song. It’s a song that I really like a lot. What do you think?
MB: It’s nice. It has a feel of being in a dream.
SJ: Every time she plays the piano, it sounds so good. And unnie looks so pretty. Whenever unnie plays the piano, I take a rag and go into the room. As I clean the room, I’m secretly listening, of course. (starting) Oh no! The pastries that unnie wanted me to buy her are going to get cold.
MB: Let’s just listen to this song before you go in.
SJ: Should we do that?

01:23
PD: Okay, that’s done. Thank you.
GA: I shouldn’t have smiled so much.
LJW: No! No! It was a cute finish.

01:50
MB: Soon Ja-sshi

02:49
PD: Stop

03:04
MB: You should probably go in, shouldn’t you?
SJ: Yes
SJ: Yes, Man Bok-sshi
PD: Cut! Okay!
GA: I thought that was an NG. Because I thought it was going to be a “Bang!”.
LJW: I thought it was a “Cut”. (meaning he thought the PD had said "Cut" instead of "stop")
GA: Me, too. Me, too. For a second.

(LOL. They redo the scene using the clapper to signify the stop to the kissing.)
03:52
Director: That’s an okay.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1
  • Tasty 1

@stroppyse You're the best :BulbaOWO::wow::1000::hearties:

47 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

It was very difficult watching them kiss again and again, but I forced myself for the sake of the thread. :laugh:

We appreciate your sacrifices and endurance for our thread :laugh::laugh::laugh: 

I'll let the masses know how much of a trooper you are :MewGiggle:

Jun is at a ring shop :heart: Hahahaha, Also look at his face. It's so unimpressed. This girl must be his parent's doing. I hope his father doesn't do anything to split him and Rara up. Also there's still his illness :psweatduck:

I though she was Mina, the actress from from HDL, but on closer inspection, I think not

TuLYIeG.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

9 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I love how while other people are still very concerned about their age gap, we are more concerned about rather or not we will see Jun in shorts again. Our priorities here...LOL! :eeeee:

Haha, I think we have our priorities straight :SquirtleSquadCool: 

But maybe they're concerned about the age gap coz they don't want him to continue to wear a school uniform or shorts anymore? Maybe they're just anti-Jun-in-shorts? But you can see LJW's legs better, guys.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

*Somehow the topic goes back to shorts* :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

This has got to be one of the best wedding crash scenes in all of Kdrama land, well in my book it's the best! Brilliant acting, editing and directing :laugh: I love the fact that Jun looked at Dr. Cha as if telling him that "I can't believe you, she's mine!" :smug:  Must have been hard for LJW to walk that aisle with such a serious expression, I remember in one of The Swoon games, he was tasked to cat walk and end with a chic finish only to fail for GAR was looking at him. One thing that endeared me with this scene was the way Jun always looked back at Rara while they were running away, as if making sure she's okay and still there with him (too many dramas of the men just dragging the poor girls around without regard if they're safe or ok with it). I also liked the fact that Rara was looking at him as if Christmas came early:wow: This one was made for the laughs and anticipation for the next episode but like the whole DDSSLLS has been all this time, warms you up on a cold lonely night:love:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, Just_Me said:
Will we find the truth about their first meeting tonight?:heiboi:

Oooh hope so! Those pics of Go Ara were so cute!! I love her sailor look :MewGiggle: :pandablush:

1 hour ago, Unnie0110 said:

I love the fact that Jun looked at Dr. Cha as if telling him that "I can't believe you, she's mine!"  Must have been hard for LJW to walk that aisle with such a serious expression, I remember in one of The Swoon games, he was tasked to cat walk and end with a chic finish only to fail for GAR was looking at him. 

LJW is good at giving off that intense gaze. In Chinese, it's referred to as "giving off an electric current through his gaze." I think he does it extremely well both in anger (when he played Baek Kyung) and in love (Now as Jun) :BulbaOWO:

Must have been hard for LJW to walk that aisle with such a serious expression, I remember in one of The Swoon games, he was tasked to cat walk and end with a chic finish only to fail for GAR was looking at him.

Hahaha, I remember that too! He did walk like a model though in this scene :laugh: But it would have been funny probably because Go Ara was right at the end staring directly at him! Maybe they'll give us the BTS for this...or better yet, the cute beach scene. :pandalove:

By the way, all subbed nowww. Thanks once again to @stroppyse :hearties::MewHi:

• Like 4

One thing that endeared me with this scene was the way Jun always looked back at Rara while they were running away, as if making sure she's okay and still there with him

I so totally agree with you on this! I also love that Jun kept looking back at LL to see that she's okay. And, even better that, even though LL has a puzzled expression on her face, she immediately just starts running with him. Awww. :wow:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

I'm such a sucker for these comics... mainly because they capture the main points of the scene. Like Lala's reaction to seeing Jun at the door. It does remind me so much of something out of a crazy webtoon  :BulbaOWO:

Run Away wedding

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/11/comic-cute-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol.html

Jun comes on his bike to save Lala

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/comic-do-do-sol-sol-la-la-sol-comic.html

dkLXmwV.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It was very difficult watching them kiss again and again, but I forced myself for the sake of the thread

As my deepest gratitude I'll watch the subbed clips as many times as I can :duckhearts:

11 hours ago, Tofu said:

love how while other people are still very concerned about their age gap, we are more concerned about rather or not we will see Jun in shorts again. Our priorities here...LOL!

I choose the right priority:MewGiggle:

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Maybe they're just anti-Jun-in-shorts? But you can see LJW's legs better, guys.

I laugh all by myself every time I remember this anti-Jun-in-shorts:laugh:

6 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

One thing that endeared me with this scene was the way Jun always looked back at Rara while they were running away, as if making sure she's okay and still there with him (too many dramas of the men just dragging the poor girls around without regard if they're safe or ok with it)

Yes,.agree with this..Rara always been his concern..even in this situation when all you need to do is run as fast as possible:MewGiggle:

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

And, even better that, even though LL has a puzzled expression on her face, she immediately just starts running with him. Awww

After the breakup She afraid that she might not be able to see him again for real..so she must be in disbelief that he actually there.:BulbaOWO:

6 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

I love the fact that Jun looked at Dr. Cha as if telling him that "I can't believe you, she's mine!"

What if Jun is the one that tell Dr.Cha when they broke up. He may ask Dr.Cha to keep an eye on her since he worry but nothing he can do for her at that moments. That's why he look at him like that on the wedding venue? The fact that Dr.Cha know their situation while Rara only tell Twinkle, and there's a possibility that Dr.Cha is not real Twinkle. 

The Stalker still worry me, he's in jail now but he has that fishy business Good&Good which mean he has resources and those thugs( who beat up Jun that try to leave the event). To think that he's the vengeful type (he even kill the man that stole his watch) I am not sure that he will stay still. He must think that Jun stole Rara from him . I hope this just my bad feeling for to much watch drama:psweatduck:

Can't wait for tonight episode

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

What time does DDSSLLS get released for you all? I get it pretty late on Netflix - usually around 1:30am...I was on Twitter though and someone started talking about the new episode! Luckily they were very vague with their spoilers....but I was jealous that they were already watching!! :scaredpanda2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JenL said:

What time does DDSSLLS get released for you all? I get it pretty late on Netflix - usually around 1:30am...I was on Twitter though and someone started talking about the new episode! Luckily they were very vague with their spoilers....but I was jealous that they were already watching!! :scaredpanda2:

Netflix just put it up! But I have to go to work... :cry:

But, couldn't help but take a sneak peak. Spoilers in spoiler.

Spoiler

We were so right! HY and SK just started a small wedding planning business! They moved their business into La La Land.

And, they were filming a vlog of a pretend wedding as a promotion for their business. And, Jun came and busted it up. LOL. However, that goes viral, so it's actually better for the start up business. Jun, the Wedding Crasher!

Also, Jun has a driver's license and he bought JuJu (LL's car) back.

And, there is very sweet and passionate beach kiss scene!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JenL said:

It's on 9 pm on mine..but I can't watch it yet..

Then better not sneak on IG . I did it and  I got preview for tomorrow episode:lettalKWA::letalQQ:

• Like 4

Just watched the episode and I don't know how I feel about it :letalQQ: I'll do a longer write up later and there were lots of sweet scenes, but I just need to vent this off my chest

Spoiler

The previews for episode 14 have Jun going on dates with the girl and telling Lala he doesn't like her anymore??? Ughhhh, this is the most frustrating trope so late in the drama :pandarage2:

I feel like it's probably going to be Jun's parents threatening to do something to Lala and he's just doing noble idiocy to protect her from getting hurt. But watching it in the previews still hurt!! :cry:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JenL said:

What time does DDSSLLS get released for you all? I get it pretty late on Netflix

I get it about an hour after and I'll stay up to watch it so sometimes it's hard to sleep with some of the endings and questions in my head. heh. 

22 minutes ago, JenL said:

Just watched the episode and I don't know how I feel about it :letalQQ: I'll do a longer write up later and there were lots of sweet scenes, but I just need to vent this off my chest

20 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Just read @JenL's preview spoiler. Noooooooo! :cry: After the sweet start to the episode, that's going to hurt even worse.

@JenL @stroppyse I'm sooo annoyed about this...this is so typical to try make us pissed, even more so because it's way way too late in the story! I mean...they're written to have a deep understanding of each other after what they went through and this scenario come along? This is even worse than the initial confusing wedding scene in my view. I wish I didn't watch the preview now or stopped watching when that girl appeared at the end. I hope it gets clarified by end of episode 14 because if it's gonna carry over to next week...it'll be the hardest wait everrr....:680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, eNDe said:

This is even worse than the initial confusing wedding scene in my view. I wish I didn't watch the preview now or stopped watching when that girl appeared at the end. I hope it gets clarified by end of episode 14 because if it's gonna carry over to next week...it'll be the hardest wait everrr....

Spoiler

Maybe the breakup scenes is something that Rara imagine? She's talking with Hayoung and Seung-Gi looking at the photos of Jun and the girl that unfortunately show they holding hands so maybe they imagine things? 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

I feel like the dramas been doing a good job of subverting tropes, such as evil secretary actually not being evil. So I’m really really hoping the drama isn’t going down that noble idiocy route with Jun and the new girl. I know for sure he doesn’t like the girl and is obviously doing something for the “benefit” of LL, but I really wish the drama would also twist this for us. If it’s exactly what the preview is showing us, I feel like this is the first major misstep the drama has taken. Hope this all gets resolved by ep 14. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

I feel like the dramas been doing a good job of subverting tropes, such as evil secretary actually not being evil. So I’m really really hoping the drama isn’t going down that noble idiocy route with Jun and the new girl. I know for sure he doesn’t like the girl and is obviously doing something for the “benefit” of LL, but I really wish the drama would also twist this for us. If it’s exactly what the preview is showing us, I feel like this is the first major misstep the drama has taken. Hope this all gets resolved by ep 14. 

Thanks for giving me some hope for tomorrow's episode. I watched the first half and was so delighted, then started reading some spoilers about the second half. And, now I'm thinking that I'll wait until tomorrow and watch both episodes together.

You're right, though. One of the things that this writer likes is to play with well worn tropes and surprise us by being something new and different, so perhaps that will be the case again. Anyway, I know that this drama is going to have a satisfying happy ending, it's just a matter of how they get there.

It's just that if the production feels that having this week's episodes end on a down note of some kind would make for a bigger draw for the finale next week, I can see it ending tomorrow's episodes on a serious cliffhanger of some kind which won't resolve until next week.

If that's the case, they had better give us something tomorrow. Maybe HY and SK finally getting together and being adorable?

Btw, I was surprised that the thug has become Dr. Cha's roommate and that he's acting more like a wife in terms of food and nagging. LOL Unexpected and fun.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Maybe the breakup scenes is something that Rara imagine?

I hope so too! Hehe 

4 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

Exactly, the reveal of the secretary was done so fun, with warmth and true to the writer's ways that we've come to love for this show. That RaRa still had someone from her past, who knew her and her father well, that really cares for her. I've been waiting for this relationship of hers with the secretary to have a proper closure and I'm glad it turns out well for both of them. Also great to watch the two actors on-screen together knowing GA's debut drama Sharp was with the same actor, played her strict teacher in it. Haha. They had so many funny scenes together.  

But I do wonder, is that all from RaRa's side of things now that we're going to see another side of things with Jun...perhaps there will be a time soon we get to her piano teacher again? GA posted on IG a while ago with the piano teacher when RaRa has straight hair with the background seems like LaLa Piano Land so I really hope we get to see her reunite with the piano teacher. 

I try to get some clues from GA's ig posts for this drama from the wardrobe and hairstyle changes eg. which outfit hasn't been shown yet and the setting. Sometimes I feel like she badly wants to give us clues for upcoming episodes. Haha. Other casts like LJW doesn't update much! 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

If that's the case, they had better give us something tomorrow. Maybe HY and SK finally getting together and being adorable?

Agree! Anything of these wonderful Eunpo folks that can get a chunk of the screen time is way way better. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I was surprised that the thug has become Dr. Cha's roommate and that he's acting more like a wife in terms of food and nagging. LOL Unexpected and fun.

I would say the thug and Dr Cha's fun storyline is the most memorable part of ep 13 for me...I enjoyed their characters a lot in this episode. To see how far they've come even as supporting characters. 

Also maybe because the beautiful beach scene of RaRa and Jun at the beginning hasn't sunk in for me and had me pondering of what Jun's voiceover meant when he said that he was so happy at the time and wished that was their happy ending. I haven't rewatch that part so it made me question if he meant what's to come after is exactly what's gonna happen with that girl.

It could be like the fake wedding scene where I'm not sure yet how I feel about it till I see the next episode haha. Like now, I could watch that scene knowing it makes sense why it has to happen and aptly so. 

Even though ep 13 pointed out that DDSSLLS is Grandpa and everyone is believing so, we still didn't get to hear from Grandpa himself, the same way happened with Dr Cha so I'm still on the fence about the deduction because even RaRa wants to know how Grandpa knows her father.

Again, I hope this would also be taking some focus again instead of what we see in preview. 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, eNDe said:

But I do wonder, is that all from RaRa's side of things now that we're going to see another side of things with Jun...perhaps there will be a time soon we get to her piano teacher again? GA posted on IG a while ago with the piano teacher when RaRa has straight hair with the background seems like LaLa Piano Land so I really hope we get to see her reunite with the piano teacher. 

That would be pretty fantastic to have LL's piano teacher back for a scene or two! It's been interesting to watch LL who thought she was all alone in the world actually has people who care for her and watch out for her. Even the piano teacher who thought LL was hopeless, and yet was proud of her in the end, having her come back from Germany and visit LL would be another person in the world who wishes LL well.

5 minutes ago, eNDe said:

Even though ep 13 pointed out that DDSSLLS is Grandpa and everyone is believing so, we still didn't get to hear from Grandpa himself, the same way happened with Dr Cha so I'm still on the fence about the deduction because even RaRa wants to know how Grandpa knows her father.

I haven't watched that part yet, so you're making me curious about it. I had always thought that DDSSLLS was a combination of Jun and Grandpa, and I'm still holding onto that, at least until I've seen the episode with the reveal.

I don't think we're done with the twists in this drama.

• Like 2

I'm read some of the spoiler here and I'm going to watch it tomorrow with that episode. I just finished FOE and I can't handle any more sadness. :pandasadspoon:

New OST for DDSSLLS: Dream by Sohee (the scenes are so cute!)

@JenL Netflix upload the episode around 9am my time which is about 30 minutes after it airs in Korea. =)

• Like 2

Technically at work so I'm going to make this quick because today is meant to be a high concentration work day for me and I should not be distracted by DDSSLLS :laugh: I just re-watched the trailer for Episode 14 again and Jun looks so so so sad when he says 'let's break up' and 'I just don't like you anymore' to Lala :letalQQ:, so I'm going to say I don't think it's an imagination @Just_Me....but I think it mirrors Manbok's noble idiocy and separation in his love story :pandasadspoon:. He's probably done something to protect Lala or help her out and he can't get out of it. And maybe this will create a bigger time jump where Jun finally becomes a graduated adult and can free himself from his parents and look for Lala. Probably the piano will bring them back together. :pandasad:

• Like 1