Favorite Anime/Manga Characters

mirmz

hello everyone 

Happy Day GIF by Molang - Find & Share on GIPHY

so as most of you guys know, i like anime. maybe a little too much. so i decided that i wanted to create a thread that people could share their favorite anime characters in.  just share a pic and a breif explanation about why you like them.  i hope you guys all enjoy my thread~

i'll start! :smile:

Ryuk from Death Note:

Buy Death Note - Ryuk Earrings - Rings & Earrings

not only do i find him hilarious, but he also has a thing for apples. what can i say; an apple a day keeps the doctor away,  but in this case an apple a day keeps kira away.

another one of my favorites is grey from black clover:

Grey (Black Clover) - MyAnimeList.net

her power to transform into people is really cool, and i also love her character development, and how she's (somewhat) able to get rid of her shyness.

one more: alphonse elric from Full Metal Alchemist:

Alphonse Elric | Fullmetal Alchemist Database Wiki | Fandom

you may think he looks scary but look at how cute he is!:wow:

fullmetal alchemist, alphonse elric, fma | Fullmetal alchemist, Alchemist,  Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood

plus he looks like a giant marshmallow( kinda like Baymax from Big Hero Six), like i know he's an armor suit but he just looks so huggable!

bye! have a good rest of your day/night

Edited by mirmz
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 3

mirmz out

*insert mic drop*

Explosion Mic Drop GIF by P.O.S. - Find & Share on GIPHY

ttyl people <3

Zero Kiryuu from Vampire Knight 

Zero-Kiryu.png Zero-Kiryu-sushi7777-27215432-1280-720.p

Why I like him? 

He's a tortured soul, that feels conflicted. He's supposed to be a vampire hunter but he's slowly turning to vampire himself. The manga have forbidden love, a lot of bloods, love triangle (that I hate). The manga has so much potential, but the writer really lost in the middle , until i don't know what's going on anymore. 

The anime is pretty decent with 2 seasons, it just the ending is kind of hanging. In my heyday back in around 2008, this was my crack 😆 Now I'm collecting real oppas. 

I will be back, I got tons of bishies (hensem manga/anime oppas)

@mirmzit's okay to bring in manga characters too right? Thanks for creating this btw!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

74873.jpg

Ayato Yuri. Yarichin ****** Club

Reason........(due to the story plot, ms dark refuse to further comment anything.)

e2562115c34a3a527827850a4e4f7d2a.jpg

Ren. Card Fight Vanguard.

Reason...He is very handsome. So cool!

431152.jpg

Sukuna, Jujutsu Kaisen 

‘Sukuna the handsome devil of them all. So powerful.

pjimage-3-3.jpgTanjiro and Muzan. Demon Slayers. I love them! They are enemies but in my heart, they are so like each other hahahaha.

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

I don't think I've seen a lot of anime. I used to watch Bleach quite a bit when it was still airing. There are some others I watched too but I don't remember them anymore. I'll have to look into them again so I can contribute. Oh! I also like The Last Airbender, but is that consider anime? :pandathink:

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2
4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The anime is pretty decent with 2 seasons, it just the ending is kind of hanging. In my heyday back in around 2008, this was my crack 😆 Now I'm collecting real oppas. 

Hahahaha omg funny you would say this, this anime was my crack too, many years back and I loved Zero as well😂

As for my all time favourite anime character, it’s this dude:

spacer.png
I’m not going to hide the fact that I’m a Naruto watcher lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Hahahaha omg funny you would say this, this anime was my crack too, many years back and I loved Zero as well😂

To say its my crack is understatement haha. I was totally obsessed with the anime. That I will religiously watch it on the day its released with sub. 

But the manga was like ship wrecked. The writer totally kill my ship. That Kaname love line really make me scratch my head 😅

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

53 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Waaaah not so easy to choose... and I haven't watched anime/read manga for a looong time. An all time favourite is Izark Kia Tarj from From Far Away (also known as Kanata Kara). Love this fantasy manga and the drawings by this artist are really neat.

this is also one of the best stories too....there are many manga to be honest.....i need to dig into my own memories to remember which manga that i had really went thru

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

@NiteWalker My aunt used to collect many comic books and then my sister took on the "tradition", so those comic books I remember the most (because they are embedded from childhood) are super old — Candy Candy, Crest of the Royal Family and Glass Mask for example. :laugh:I remember them really well also because they were never finished! :GengarPout:So I never got the ending! Hate it! And the rest I don't even remember what the names are in English.

Yokohama Monogatari is another classical favourite from childhood. Love the drawings and details of the dresses. I'd love to collect a set if they re-print this again. Kanata Kara got reprinted in recent years so I made sure I bought a set.

51Q0vDbgWgL.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Would SLAM DUNK be one of them? Hahaha. I heard that the artist is releasing a new one! :jinbtsyes:

Sorry I saw Slam Dunk and had to just say this is my favourite manga and nothing will ever top it for me haha. Yes I saw news they will be releasing a SD film!!! 

I have quite a number of manga in my collection - besides Slam Dunk, I also own Hikaru no Go, X by Clamp, Naruto, Prince of Tennis, Death Note. But most manga I read online... Used to spend peanuts for my school meals just so I could buy more manga during my secondary school days lol. No regrets!!

Most recently I finished Promised Neverland. I’m deciding whether to drop the anime now in season 2.

Edited by im0202
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

This is old manga, was popular in that time. 

@mademoiselleyou know Yu Asagiri?

6239064.jpg

7787132.jpg

The first title is the guy become her step brother. At my time I felt this manga was so wrong hahaha... but nowadays all manga plot is like that. 

The 2nd more of magical story. The ending was not clear. 🤧

@mademoiselleI prefer the modern title from the Kyoko Hikawa, the Far Away author. Mr Friday was the best. 

komik.jpg

Not sure if you all agree with me, last time manga is more interesting. Have more colorful story/different characters type. Nowadays, I can tell you all new manga is just guy met girl and bump -> :hearties:. Hahaha... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

@SilverMoonTea The first one I don't know if I've read it. The drawings are familiar so I might have read other works from the same artist. Just not sure if this one. The plot is pretty popular in manga and I've come across so many.

The second one I don't think I've ever read it.

Now the LAST ones all in a row, OMG, my love. I have read all of them. My sister had most of them and they are now out of print! I'd buy all of them if they re-print it! This artist has a new one out and I tried volume 1. Didn't like it. 

Her second last work was actually very similar to the C-movie Yin-Yang Master. I think I may be missing a couple of volumes.

12 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Not sure if you all agree with me, last time manga is more interesting. Have more colorful story/different characters type. Nowadays, I can tell you all new manga is just guy met girl and bump -> :hearties:

I don't have good access to manga anymore (physically and online) so I cannot fully verify this BUT from what I can access and see, yes, I agree. Especially the drawings lack individual character and personality. They are also not as artistic and beautiful as before. So I tend to go back and re-read the old ones instead.

1 hour ago, im0202 said:

I have quite a number of manga in my collection - besides Slam Dunk, I also own Hikaru no Go, X by Clamp, Naruto, Prince of Tennis, Death Note. But most manga I read online... Used to spend peanuts for my school meals just so I could buy more manga during my secondary school days lol. No regrets!!

Most recently I finished Promised Neverland. I’m deciding whether to drop the anime now in season 2.

I should really buy myself SLAM DUNK but I've no space to put them. So I think I'll just stick to scanned copies. But I've collected whole set of Nodame Cantabile xD

Ok, the last time I checked SG sells a volume of manga for $7-8 (in Chinese). How much is it now? How cheap can you get? You would be reading English version, right? 

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ok, the last time I checked SG sells a volume of manga for $7-8 (in Chinese). How much is it now? How cheap can you get? You would be reading English version, right?

Oh I bought the SD manga from Comics Connection last time (when they were still around lol). Yep I got the english-translated ones from Chuangyi Publishing - they retailed at $6.50 per volume then. Not sure if this version is still available (I doubt so). Kinokuniya probably had a newer version but more expensive! You could also try book depository. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1