Nevertheless 알고 있지만 [2021]

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I admit it’s hard to resist the charm of handsome smiling boys, and I can only hope my daughter will never meet such a charmer later in college

Yeah that's why fathers are portrayed to be protective of their daughters because they know exactly what the boys are thinking in those dirty minds xD

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

Are you referring to Jae Eon or Song Kang, who is also into butterflies lately too?

Is Song Kang into butterflies? I meant Jae Eon in that context.

20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama yes that is the thing that is disturbing about Jae Eon - the touchy feely bit. If this was a more so called "western" sort of culture ( sorry to be stereotyping) maybe you could say he is just friendly and his love language is "touch". But he gives me this vibe that he is flirting with every girl he comes across with. 

I was curious what the knets thought of the preview ,so I checked out the Naver comments here

https://tv.naver.com/v/20857687

...many of their top comments talked about how you should watch this alone and not with your parents! LOL

Not so much of western culture, I reckon there's differences to being touchy and the overall vibe/behaviour/image a man exudes. I've met guy friends whom I'm ok with more touches than others - especially if we're buddies. I've also experienced male co-workers kissing my neck when we greet each other with a hug. So inappropriate. I learnt to offer less hugs to men after that 😅😓

Behind the Scenes

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

Webtoon spoilers 

Chapter 19-20

Spoiler

Nabi's ex came back , gave her a gift but still a jerk for asking to get back to her. He will break up with his current GF if Nabi wants to. Nabi shuts him out. Serves him right.

Nabi plans to see Jaeon and ask to end whatever they have. But before she begin, there's the lollipop kiss scene. :GrimChamp:

Nabi was able to explain things, even brought up his ex BF. But Jaeon only said this

"If you're ever caught between me and another guy again, handle it on your own. There are a lot of guys who get upset because they think i'm flirting with their girlfriends or whatever. "

Nabi then asked if Jaeon is seeing someone else aside from her. He said no. 

One night at school, Nabi stayed late night to finish her project. She need to get to art store however, to get some supplies. At the street he saw Jaeon being punched by another guy.

Chapter 21

Spoiler

The guy who punched Jaeon is a brother of one of the girls Jaeon dated while that girl has a FIANCE. He defended himself to Nabi that the girl just want to ask for a dinner for old time sake and there is nothing weird about it. Apparently the brother caught them.

Nabi gives up. While she is about to left:

"Let me sleep over at your place. I can't go home like this."

"Go to a sauna"

"Alone?"

"Go to some other girl's house."

"But"

"What is it to you? I'm leaving! I don't like you anymore!"

"No just..:

"I should have let you get beat up some more!"

"I think I am tired of being like this. I'm not sure . But seeing you leave like that..made me feel all mixed up. I feel like I have to hold on to you."

Edit:

Spoiler

The girl's brother even called Jaeon  a "homewrecker" .

Jaeon : It's not my fault your sister cheated because her fiance is a Jackass - Jack Miller — SpeedyWho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 4

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I  was amused at some of the comments from the k netz...mostly praising the visuals and chemistry. No one too fussed that he could potentially be a jerk. I guess people are forgiving when you have a handsome face  :laugh:

https://netizen-kore.com/2021/06/naver-tv-nevertheless-pilot-episode-1-comments-and-reactions.html

Examples:

1. [+304][-17] This drama’s charm is that it makes you feel icky and suspicious so I don’t want the ending to be where Park Jaeeon redeems himself

2. [+170][-1] This is a secret… I really love you guys so please continue to flirt more, okay?

3. [+153][-1] How can you not fall for him when it’s Song Kang?

4. [+150][-2] When Park Jaeeon found out that Nabi didn’t rub off the butterfly he drew on her, I thought my heart stopped for a second as well…

5. [+109][-1] I decided that if I have a son, he’ll grow up to be tall

For this scene

Screenshot-2021-06-20-at-11.24.45-am.png

1. [+460][-9] You can’t behave like that in real life ^^ Ah, but Park Jaeeon can ^^

2. [+332][-10] Unnie, you are seriously so f*cking pretty

3. [+307][-8] Song Kang is the world – if he says that comment with that face,,, who wouldn’t be heart-fluttered,,

4. [+267][-8] Who says ‘do you want to come and see my butterflies’ while hitting the wall – I love you, I seriously love you

5. [+193][-5] Not only is he good looking, but he’s also just very f*cking heart-fluttering

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is Song Kang into butterflies? I meant Jae Eon in that context.

I was just making fun of him because he seems to be attracted to butterfly themed dramas. LOL!!

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

No one too fussed that he could potentially be a jerk. I guess people are forgiving when you have a handsome face

It helps that this is a drama and not real life. I think if my friend met someone like Jae Eon in real life, I would kick their ass for messing with my friend! :pandacop:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu I love all the badges you have on display :wow:

Finally got to watch ep 1 and I can't get over this flirty version of Song Kang. I'm so used to seeing him play serious, mopey roles that watching him flirt and be so good with it, is kinda confusing for me. I have to say, he plays the role really well and he's got the looks and the charm to go with it.

I have to say, Jae Eon's confidence is so attractive and I keep imagining how I'd react to his advances if I were Na Bi. A part of me wants to go with the flow and a part of me wants to punch him because... major player vibes!

I still don't quite know if he's a good guy or playboy. He keeps getting these phone calls and he just goes to whoever is calling. And yet, he seems particularly interested with Na Bi. I am curious to find out if he actually met Na Bi by accident at the bar of if that was somehow staged.

• Like 5

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

On 6/21/2021 at 6:33 PM, bluepebbles said:

Webtoon spoilers 

Chapter 19-20

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 21

Reveal hidden contents

Edit:

Reveal hidden contents

Webtoon spoilers 

Chapter 22

Spoiler

Jaeon is trying to make amends, he said he wanted to change but Nabi is insisting that she already decided to end whatever they have. 

When she is about to leave, Jaeon 's nose bleeds.

Of course, the wishy washy that Nabi is, she stayed to tend his bleeding. 

"Is he...serious?"  NABI.  

"Why am i doing this for him?" 

:BulbaConfused:

Then she finally asks, what Jaeon meant when he said he wanted to change. It feels sudden.

"It's not sudden. Do you really think I've never been sick of myself before?"

Jaeon said he don;t watch romance movies.

In the movies, the main characters waste time until bam! The perfect scene happens and they find true love. Most people think it's touching, but I just think it's funny. I met my first friend with benefits while complaining about romance movies. It was right after i'd broken up with my girlfriend, and I realize that this was the right path for me. I rewatched the romance movie i'd seen long time ago. But that day, it didn't seem funny to me at all. Falling in love was something amazing. Once I realized that, I began noticing all of the long term couples around me. Then I see myself. When my relationships are good,they are really good, but they fall apart really fast. 

Have you been hurt before?

I've always been like this.I don;t know maybe because it's because my family is so messed up. When I was little I thought everyone's families never spoke to each other. 

The Notebook's Ending Is Different on Netflix, and People Are Freaking Out  | Glamour

(This was the caricature :lol:)

Nabi asked if he will start dating again. Jaeon is not sure. But he is thinking of cleaning up his image and stop messing around. Nabi then again asked if they can still be friends. Jaeon said it's okay.

In the end, Nabi gives him the benefit of the doubt, warns him to be careful from now on. As she is leaving , she is repeating the words inside her head--HE'LL CHANGE?  Jaeon Park will change? 

Ive grown tired. I had to tell myself I would stop dating. But you looked down on love? What a joke. But why do i feel like this?

The thought of Jaeon dating someone makes Nabi angry.

* The last panel after Nabi's thoughts shows that there's a butterfly who about to land in a flower, but the flower is cut . The flower is in vase, place in a closed window.

Chapter 23

Spoiler

Few weeks have passed since that .Nabi is almost finished with her project (a purple flower with a butterfly :lol: )

She and her schoolmates went into dinner. They discussed about the upcoming year end trip with other art students. The student council members are going too, including Jaeon.

Jaeon. One of the guys said Jaeon is seems kind of different like he's seeing someone already. There are rumors that he has a girlfriend now. Nabi remains silent.

That night in school, Nabi takes a nap at the school lounge. Then suddenly someone put a jacket on her. It was Jaeon . They talked for a while about the project. Nabi handed the jacket back as she is going back to the art room. 

"She hasn't been contacting me. Not for the last few days. I wonder why?"

"Why are you asking me. That's between you and your girlfriend."

The last panel:

Nabi to a certain girl :

Your hair. He likes having sex when your hair is in a ponytail. 

:PsyWhat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Ahem @mademoiselle. I am waiting to see how much they will show :Ghastlel:.

Honestly I am happy to see SK play such a different role. The last thing he would want is to be typecast , so I am impressed with the roles he's picked up so far ( the ones I have seen him in - When the Devil Calls Your Name, Sweet Home, Navillera and this). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am waiting to see how much they will show

You and I both. HAHAHA. I'll find out tomorrow morning and you'll find out tonight.

Will I get some more hot wake up gifts??? :wow2: LOL

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Honestly I am happy to see SK play such a different role. The last thing he would want is to be typecast , so I am impressed with the roles he's picked up so far ( the ones I have seen him in - When the Devil Calls Your Name, Sweet Home, Navillera and this).

He's been playing many pitiful characters thus far eventhough I think his roles in Sweet Home and Navillera have its depth regardless of how pitiful they are. Gimme Sweet Home 2 pleaseeeeee.

• Haha 4

Waaa I really dislike that clubbing scene. I'd have been so uncomfortable if a super good-looking guy took me to a club, fed me alcohol and being so touchy-feely with me = BAD NEWS = He wants sex. :pandacop: Honestly, I want to like Jae Eon as a character but it's so hard when he's blurring the lines all the time.

I honestly want to wish that him so being in tune with Nabi (so much so that he realises she had her period and being sweet enough to lend her his shirt) that he does care about her a lot more than he lets on with other girls. Please please pleaseeeee let him redeem himself. Sigh.

LOL at Nabi's erotic dream. Nicely and beautifully shot. I'm just not sure if this meets @Chocolate's steamy level. I think it's pretty revealing and bold compared to many other romance dramas I've seen.

@abs-oluteM Technically Jae Eon isn't wrong in answering nothing is going on between him and Nabi in that scene because there seriously hasn't been anything yet. They were flirting and stealing glances a lot at one another. It's hard to properly quantified this and be clear during "some" stage. Furthermore Nabi was sending mixed signals to him as well because she was trying to resist him. So I guess the best answer was what he said.

That last scene... am I the only one feeling icky about kissing him right after he had kissed someone else? This is how all those microscopic size STDs get transferred. :pandaroar: Hygiene, people, hygiene!!! xD I'm such a party-pooper.

@bluepebbles Sol is homosexual, isn't she? I quite like the actress, not sure why. I want her to have a romantic line with the guy she spilled coffee on.

Nabi is being chased by a cute hoobae (the one being bullied in Run On). I like him. He's cute. But I guess he's not the endgame because the real second male lead hasn't appeared yet.

@abs-oluteM @Tofu Indeed Song Kang is all grown up. Or it's just men being a natural in this...

There are times even I feel confused especially when I see him make puppy faces. LOL. Overall, I want my Chae Rok back. LOL LOL.

OST 2

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Song Kang has met your Oppa criteria with this :eeeee:. Is he qualified to be your Oppa now? :laugh:

oKay! ADOPTED....ahahaha since can kiss so well. 

I am going to watch the episode now. I don't think this drama will follow the usual tropes though. He may not be redeemed which I think it's fine. It will be a better message to send that someone like that is not healthy for young girls. But for old aunties like me , it is nice for us to watch this drama...

• Haha 6

I’m halfway through the second episode and wow...that scene. So funny that it ended up being her imagination/dream. :laugh:

Song Kang is all grown up. He needs to do more kissing scenes. :smug::laugh:

This drama is reminding women Na Bi’s age that boys like Jae Eon are alluring and fun, but they are nothing more than that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am going to watch the episode now. I don't think this drama will follow the usual tropes though. He may not be redeemed which I think it's fine. It will be a better message to send that someone like that is not healthy for young girls. But for old aunties like me , it is nice for us to watch this drama...

12 minutes ago, Tofu said:

This drama is reminding women Na Bi’s age that boys like Jae Eon are alluring and fun, but they are nothing more than that. 

Or he might be a good lover so girls who are worried about their first time can consider Jae Eon. :idk: Nabi knows he's bad news himself so in this case, she also needs to be responsible for her own action. Can't blame it all on the guy.

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

oKay! ADOPTED....ahahaha since can kiss so well. 

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Must say I was thinking about you when the camera focus on his abs. Hahahaha.

"Ohhh... Abs will like this!"

"Ohhhh this surely meets Abs' Oppa criteria now!"

The measures my boy has to go to win your heart, @abs-oluteM :eeeee:

Special Posters

198618215_2393053874161931_6597530552808855122_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fHHDKJE7RLwAX872Bpv&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&oh=88b43f55d19e0c2e9608d09be709fa78&oe=60DC017D  199888226_2393053854161933_6508642022937681672_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=cwiqc83V_LgAX_yMv8p&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel7-1.fna&oh=773d090d6937c79e5ffc0d3daceac734&oe=60DCCB8D

• Haha 4

@mademoiselle @Tofu Initially in eps 2 , I thought perhaps that he may genuinely like her , and all that we have heard from their friends about him being a player was some sort of red herring. But as the eps progressed, I  think he sees her as a prize. The harder she pushed him away , the more he was intrigued and determined to make her succumb. He isn't interested in dating her in the traditional sense, he's just wants to sleep with her . Especially towards the end when she saw him being so close to the other girl, being physical means nothing to him. She is going into this knowing he's bad news , so she will have no one to blame but herself when her heart gets broken. But she's in college , this will be a good lesson I suppose. 

@Chocolate this one should be able to meet the steamy criteria!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3