Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

I  cannot blame Hye Jin for being upset with DS.  Seeing it from her perspective , DS's attention and kindness can be easily misinterpreted  as something more, especially when she is unknowingly developing feelings as well. And I am quite sure she can sense that he is attracted to her. It is clear to us audience that he is, but of course he doesn't think he is ready for something more. The friend-zoning was rather painful but he just can't seem to leave her alone either. LOL. What is it you want Doo Shik?

So first mystery - Village Chief 's marriage break-down is no mystery to me...ahahaha ..I think it is because he could not forget his 1st love. Probably unconsciously that meant he was never emotionally present for his wife , and perhaps she felt insecure given that 1st love seems perfect - kind , thoughtful , pretty. It will be an interesting plot twist if the 1st love likes the wife instead ! ( Would that be too much for this drama? ) . Then DS's 5 year mystery.  Think that picture is his wife & child. He was in great pain looking at it. I know the other speculation is that it could be his parents. But it has to be something a lot more traumatic than that for him to move back here from Seoul and have a complete change in outlook and lifestyle. If if was his parents, it would have affected him since childhood. 

I am going to do a poll for that 2nd mystery. But I also want to include guesses for the 3rd mystery. Any ideas or speculations? 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Think that picture is his wife & child. He was in great pain looking at it. I know the other speculation is that it could be his parents. But it has to be something a lot more traumatic than that for him to move back here from Seoul and have a complete change in outlook and lifestyle. If if was his parents, it would have affected him since childhood.

I think it's his wife and child too because there's no need to block out the husband if it is his parents.

• Like 3

@mademoiselle every time you tag me here, I know why :LaxEat:.  His lipstick still bothers me. These days I try to watch more Red Sky BTS if I have time ( I will feel less guilty on that ship , but that one not as interesting as this one LOL) . But mostly now I am trying to catch up on the other dramas. 

• Haha 6

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Naver article on why this drama has become so popular

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111657358

We take a look at the secret of the popularity of ' Village Cha Cha Cha', which has maintained its record of breaking its own highest viewership ratings for three consecutive weeks.

#The reason we can't help but fall for the 'Sikhye' couple #Immersion + empathy heightening heartbeat + chemistry maximization power

The reason ' Village Cha-Cha-Cha' was able to captivate viewers at once was the romantic chemistry between Hye-Jin and Du-Sik that made the hearts of viewers shake. It is said that they growl when they meet, slowly opening their hearts to each other and getting closer, showing a relationship that changes every moment like a roller coaster, increasing immersion. Here, the pleasant and warm story of the villagers of Gongjin,  is also playing a role in making the romance of the 'Sikhye' couple stronger. 

Director Yoo Je-won has proven himself once again as a romance craftsman by providing an immersive feeling that makes it impossible to take your eyes off of the direction that effectively reveals the organic relationship with the villagers of Gongjin in the romance between Hye-jin and Doo-sik. He is receiving favorable reviews for dynamic directing that crosses romance, humor, and drama. The emotional changes of the characters were portrayed with subtlety without exaggerating their emotions, yet highlighting the exciting points, and as a result, viewers immediately fell in love with Hyejin, Dusik, and Gongjin Village. 

Above all, in each ending scene, a heart-fluttering scene was included. The moment she put on the shoes he found, and the scene where the lights in the house that had been blacked out, and the scene that gave birth to the famous line “It’s too hot”, the sound, light, and background of the place are excellently used, such as using the sound of melting ice. Viewers are enthusiastic because it shows the power of directing that makes you immerse yourself in the drama more deeply.

# Chewy story composition + speedy development + tiki-taka dialogue + exciting and funny, funny but exciting settings! #The devil's script

The romantic tension between Hyejin and Dusik is felt in their back & forth banter. 

Here, you can't miss the charisma felt in the lines. At Hyejin’s words, “You’re one year older than me,” Dooshik says, “If you call me oppa, you will die”. This is just the example of  the lines where they fight each other without making any concessions. 

On the other hand, without the sweet potato element, the audience's curiosity and doubts are resolved in the same episode, which is also considered a popular factor. This can be confirmed  by the episode where Hye-jin offended  Chun-jae (Jo Han-cheol). As a result of that mistake, she made a sincere apology without delay, and the warm character of Hye-jin was highlighted.  As a result, she became a character that you 'can't hate'. 

Accordingly, interest in writer Shin Ha-eun, who wrote the script, is also rising. Writer Shin Ha-eun, who was selected  through CJ ENM's new writer training program O'PEN, caught the eye with her emotional story from her first debut with the one-act play 'Books'. Since then, writer Shin Ha-eun, who co-authored tvN's 'The Man Who Became King (The Crowned Clown)', is showing off her chewy writing skills. Rather than only focusing on the two main characters, Hyejin and Dusik, attention was also paid to the narrative and individuality of the other characters of the villagers. 

#The source of passion and confidence for a reason #Teamwork deepened with the Pohang location #Actor + staff unite

The driving force behind the 'Village cha cha cha' is the team chemistry of actors and staff with a fighting spirit. It is said that the filming site of  " Village Cha Cha Cha', where most of the drama is filmed in Pohang, is always pleasant and enjoyable. 

In particular, in order to recreate the special background of the sea village 'Gongjin', all the production crew poured their sweat, effort, and passion into it, and as a result, the village of Gongjin in the drama was born. On the other hand, the passion of the filming and lighting team is truly formidable. When filming Dooshik's surfing scene, they  went into the sea together to complete a satisfying cut, carrying all the equipment and shooting through the waves. It is more meaningful because it is a scene that was completed only with passion and effort of the entire crew Therefore, we can't help but look forward to " Village Cha-Cha-Cha", which is filled with the love and passion of the staff who work hard to create a high-quality work.

• Like 5

Who needs washing machines eh? :LaxEat:

Oh yes jealous Doo Shik. This is what you get for friend-zoning her.

LOL...the plot twist for the their local Dispatch "reporter" ...now she is going to think that Doo Sik swings the other way 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Lee Sang Yi's character really a sweet heart but sorry Mr Dimples needs to get the girl in this show.  Next round okay, LSY - I will root for you in your next drama :hug:

Spoiler

DS feeling something when he asked if Hye Jin is seeing anyone

Oh our poor DS is finally breaking down...tells her not to go??

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Lol I'm the worst on busy threads like this. Cannot keep up! and then I fall behind and I'm too scared to go back.  Anyway, bare with me because I have to get these out of my system...it's a little bit of revision for you all :laugh:

Episodes 3 & 4

- Hye Jin's shopping habits feel like my own during lockdown - new parcels everyday when there's not a postage delay. The only difference is I don't have KSH delivering them to me :laugh:

- I remember seeing someone here (maybe you @mademoiselle?) say that the outfit HJ ended up wearing to the wedding wasn't all that flash and I agree. It was kind of underwhelming considering how much shopping she apparently did...but meh, it's SMA and she looks good in anything! :idk:

- Although really kind of DS to make sure the ladies had a lift to the city, I would have been mad if I was HJ and running late to an event because it was so unexpected to have to give so many people a lift :pandascared:

- That dentist wedding was the worst...this is why I avoid events like that. How is that even fun? :shocked:

- @stroppyse maybe this series gave you Dodosolsollalasol vibes from early on because the police officer is the stalker from DDSSLLS...haha, it's like he cleaned up his act, moved to a new seaside town and changed sides...now he's all innocent and kind and arresting predators at the dentist  :pandacop:

- My theory: Guessing from the types of books that DS reads and the lifestyle that he leads...maybe he had to do something that was really bad in order to be a successful city person and it had repercussions on his life and sense of morality :idk:

- By Ep 3, the townsfolk are quite charming. I like the hedgehog and yellow haired child. :heart: And I love the way that HJ and the grandmother didn't trust each other at first, but they closed that gap between them with HJ going to visit. She really cars about people, but I think she finds it hard to show it unless she's seeing their stories through their teeth :heiboi:

- So many nice scenes happened in this episode, sitting by the river in the moonlight, having ice-cream by candle light during a blackout. It's all very charming :heart:

- And despite how much he didn't like the shoes and other material things, it was cute of him to return it like that to her :wow:

- I also thought it was so cute of HJ to time her morning routine so she'd bump into DS and she attended that business meeting just to see him ...it's so calculating HJ style :wow2:

- Whoaaaa KSH can really sing. The whole performance was just so aesthetic and his singing was actually really good :CharmanderYay:

- Hahaha, I love how mad HJ was about having to prove that she had met June, the idol. Feels like me when I'm talking about meeting Jasper :laugh: Ironically Juri doesn't recognise him when she sees him. Wonder how many times that's ever happened to us? :thinking:

- The divorced couple have such a nice obedient and polite child. I feel bad for him regarding the weird situation with his parents, but he seems to be content hanging around his friend/ crush Bora. I wonder about the backstory of the parents. There's a weird tension between the 2 women which feels like either they were friends or something...:heart:

- I really love the music for this series - That Romantic Sunday song is sooo relaxing. Also if you exclude the trauma that happened in his life, DS really does live the dream life when it comes to his work hours...Even has time to help his girl from creepy guys :cool:

- I laughed so hard at how DS was in jail :laugh: He got so many freedoms that he ended up fully on the other side of the bars. Another scene that made me laugh was how stingy HJ was with giving a gift to DS...so cringe to see her hanging onto the bottle :laugh:

- DS's house is soooo pretty...and that scene with them drinking was so tender...that is until HJ gets super drunk in the next episode :smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Ep 7 was slow plot-wise but the chemistry between our two male leads and HJ with the two of them saved the episode.

@Tofu They are indeed overly dramatic lol they vibe with each other so well!😂

I have a feeling there were a lot of ad-libs in this particular episode.

Like this:

And the part where DS and SH re-enacted the ad and we thought it’s over but DS drops his chopsticks again (to hint at a round 2) felt like another ad-lib too.

I loved the detail of this scene too in the background of HJ who kept hitting DS during her fangirling and disbelief mode and DS who kept pushing her hand away (I think it happens a few times)😂 I think I am similar style to HJ during my fangirling too LOL

@mademoiselle I know what to expect whenever you tag me and @abs-oluteM hahahaha :pandahehe:

@abs-oluteM the ahjumma dispatch was really funny... her reaction when DS asked SH to stay for ramyun 🤣

• Haha 5

New stills

E8 Pre-release cut

Hahahaha @im0202 I can't help it xDDD

I love how Hye Jin keeps bugging / poking Doo Shik during her disbelief of seeing idol Jun. She did it without thinking and I honestly think she wouldn't have done it if it was the PD beside her...

3d178e135808b525c89598384f05d2b41a37dae5

bc36a4d4b3dd0d02c545f162053644e5e0b7de222f826ae1257caf3a699999deb8651de138c244556435ab24c42f2fadcea6ebf1e07ca00de9e80ef5

*Me reminded of the same actress who played Lady Choi looking at the kaleidoscope in Mr Queen :lmao2:@Chocolate where's that gif/video???

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@abs-oluteM, sorry I wasn't around for the pre-release for ep 7, so here is a translation of the pre-release for ep 8 that @mademoiselle posted.

SH: Up! Schwa… (he’s making the sound of the waves and he's talking about surfing) That was so much fun! It is a little difficult, but I want to ride again.
DS: Mmm, okay. Ride by yourself. From now on, don’t even mention the “s” in surfing in front of me.
SH: Sss- paghetti. Samsa-jjajjang (3 flavor black bean noodles). Sachuntangmyun (stew dish with noodles). Saewoo-tigim (fried shrimp).
(me: SH is responding to DS’ admonition not to be even say the sound “s” in front of him by naming a bunch of dishes that start with the “s” sound. LOL)
DS: What are you doing?
SH: What should we eat for dinner?
DS: That such a person should be the best PD in our country? The future of Korean broadcasts is very bright. (me: This second sentence is said sarcastically.)
SH: Ah! I just thought of something I want to eat. Cold noodle soup! (literally water cold noodles)
DS: Oh! After drinking water all day? I don’t want any. You go eat by yourself.
SH: Oh, why? In the summer, it’s cold noodle soup!  (me: This is a dish that is eaten most frequently in the summer when it’s hot outside.)
DS: Don’t want any.
SH: Let’s eat it!
DS: Don’t want any.
SH: Oh that guy…

HJ: Sunbae!
SH: Hye Jin! Where are you going?
HJ: Oh, we were just going to get some dinner.
SH: Ah…
HJ: Thank you so much for the brunch, sunbae.
SH: Ah…
MS: Thanks to you, I was also able to get some of the food.
DS: Br…brunch?
HJ: Hi Chief Hong.
DS: Huh?
MS: The PD had delivered some brunch to us earlier.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Watched episode 7, and the epilogue scene where drunk DS says "Don't go. Don't go and leave me behind." It's so clear that he was saying it to someone else rather than HJ, though HJ saying she had to go may have been the trigger for it. It seems that this drama is taking an awful long time to get to the heart of the matter, e.g. why DS is acting like such a doofus about friend-zoning HJ, though it's clear that he's very interested in her.

So, not that much plot development, but the SH interactions were cute, whether it was the charm offensive to try to get Grandmother Gam Ri to agree to let him film at her house, or the silly games competition with DS, or even as he oh-so-casually asks HJ how she is doing and that she looks much more relaxed a person than when they were at uni together.

I still don't appreciate YG at all. I'm really not enjoying his story line of having fallen for CH, but since she didn't stay at Gongjin, I guess he married Hwa Jung instead, and then divorced her for mysterious reasons. I want Hwa Jung to let him go and figure out how to be happy on her own without him. CH is clearly not interested in YG anyway, despite his weak attempts to ask her out for a date.

Overall, I'm still having problems with the pacing of the actual story, however, perhaps I'm expecting too much of the story. Perhaps this is just one of those dramas about various people interacting with each other, and some day it will just finish like that without a real plot or a real settlement of anything.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

No worries @stroppyse. Thanks for the translations. It does look like Doo Sik is beginning to feel something with SH's attention on Hye Jin. 

E_oQfQxUYAcT5v3?format=png&name=900x900

I actually saw on a Naver blog that in the movie , they never actually addressed DooSik's trauma or the reason he came back from Seoul. Apparently it remained a mystery right until the end. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 3

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

*Me reminded of the same actress who played Lady Choi looking at the kaleidoscope in Mr Queen :lmao2:@Chocolate where's that gif/video???

I didn't save the videos, just uploaded onto Youtube. Recently I got 2 out of 3 strikes for copyright so I deleted/unlisted almost everything that is non BinJin in case they suspend my account.

This actress's role irritated me a lot in these few episodes. She is meant to be some gossipy woman but she was also very very insensitive, to a level which became just intolerable instead of funny to me as a viewer. So I don't enjoy watching her anymore 😅

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I love how Hye Jin keeps bugging / poking Doo Shik during her disbelief of seeing idol Jun. She did it without thinking and I honestly think she wouldn't have done it if it was the PD beside her...

It shows she is feeling familiar and comfortable with Dusik, and it has become natural...

On 9/17/2021 at 3:37 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I am going to do a poll for that 2nd mystery. But I also want to include guesses for the 3rd mystery. Any ideas or speculations? 

Did they reveal the 3rd mystery yesterday - who won the lottery in the village 3 years ago?

Before this, I thought the mystery could be why Dusik has his boat on a hill 😂 but @tofu has provided the answer in an earlier post.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Chocolate I'm guessing Doo Shik won the lottery and used the money to renovate his house xDDDDD And that's why he was able to do whatever he likes with the lowest pay rate! Because if I won lottery, I wouldn't care how much I earn and work whenever I feel like it too. But then that defeat the purpose of his philosophy before about life isn't it...? Ahhh boo, I'm just gonna wait for the show to unravel the mystery for me. I guess is either Halmoni or Doo Shik.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle But the hypothesis earlier was that Dusik was successful in Seoul, before he returned to the village 5 years ago. So he shouldn't need the money from a lottery. But money is never too much 🤣

The timeline of the rumour isn't quite right. I mean, how can he be easily become successful in such short time?

BTW, I don't know if you guys felt it but I most definitely did. I thought it was just me but I saw on weibo that someone else did and so did a Knetizen. I felt left out for Doo Shik when Halmoni was being all nice to the PD. It's as if Doo Shik had been/can be replaced by anyone. Felt a bit of loneliness on his behalf then & there. LOL.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Felt a bit of loneliness on his behalf then & there.

Yup. This is the  charm & magic of Kim Seon Ho. He is good at making me feel bad for him.

See it really feels like he is being replaced. :nervous:

Doo Sik is the sort of person who meddle in people's business because he cares. Sometimes he comes across a little judgmental but he means well. I also can't help but feel that helping the rest of them & making himself busy helps him forget his own loneliness/ emptiness. 

Our poor Doo Sik 

So from spoilers he caught the cold and she came to visit him...but oh my...Hye Jin - ah ...do you want to catch the cold too? Sorry for not being the romantic here ahahaha...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2