Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

On 9/5/2021 at 6:26 PM, JenL said:

OMG Thanks for sharing @bairama. I've always loved The Kooks. This is a cute mash up of my favourite type of music and K-dramas :wow:

WHOA you love it too?? The Kooks??! OMG SO HAPPY to know that, really. Just vibin with the mood of ep 1 so fitting huhuhuhu aaaaaa hugs :wow:

haven't catched up latest episodes yet so I'm just gonna leave this post & will read + react later when I finished the latest eps ♥

I just read the ratings is upppp, bravo bravo!

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

ep 3 and ep 4 seemed to be a bit better than the first 2.

seems like a typical romcom which is good in my books so ill keep watching.

not a fan of those in depth family related discussions.....only because im pretty soft and fragile and yeah they become a tear jerking moment.

its nice to see HyeJin getting along with the towns people, getting things right with them since the mishap.

DS with his ever so long list of things he can do...like EVERYTHING. hahaha

I want MS and EC to get together eventually. looks cute.

ChunJae.....hahaha hes wierd and like a dork...but probs one of my fav characters. LOL

HwaJung and YeongGuk.....i want to know wat went down with them and the divorce. (hoping I didnt miss it)

Ending of ep4 got me curious...what drama will unfold with their arrival....hmmm.

• Like 7
  • Clapping Hands 3

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

13 hours ago, TRaNz said:

DS with his ever so long list of things he can do...like EVERYTHING. hahaha

That's why I know that there is going to be a sad back story of some kind. I mean, DS can do basically everything, and does do everything for everyone, and has a very nice temperament. He's even well adjusted in that he takes his time off seriously, and won't do a thing when he's taking a day off. So that means that he went away and something bad happened to him to make him want to go back home. I can't find out what, though I'm hoping it's more comic than tragic.

I want MS and EC to get together eventually. looks cute.

I know, right? Their little awkward moment when they run into each other after the pervert incident, and he gives her his card, just in case, was really sweet. Even sweeter by how quickly and self-consciously he walks off afterwards. Even though he may not show it, I think that EC is interested in MS as well. He definitely perked up when he heard that there was an emergency call from the dental clinic.

HwaJung and YeongGuk.....i want to know wat went down with them and the divorce. (hoping I didnt miss it)

You didn't miss it. All we know is that they were a couple, and then they suddenly got a divorce. It's been hard to even figure out clues of what went wrong, or even who asked for the divorce, much less why. Though, now that YG's first love is back in town, I expect there will be fireworks on that front as well.

Ending of ep4 got me curious...what drama will unfold with their arrival....hmmm.

Not entirely sure what you're referring to? If it's DS and HJ having gotten drunk and waking up together, and the subsequent consequences of that, I'm totally looking forward to that.

If it's the PD and the rapper coming to town, to be honest, I am and I'm not looking forward to what's coming next. They've already foreshadowed a love triangle of some kind with the PD who used to be a senior student at the school that HJ went to. I want HJ and DS to be a couple before it becomes a triangle, but I know that I won't get that wish. I guess since this is a rom-com, there has to be love shenanigans, so only to be expected. I am curious about the tv show though. Plus, can't even imagine what JR's reaction will be to having been face to face with her idol and not having recognized him.

Anyway, nice to see you here on the thread. It's been awhile since we were on a thread together. :SquirtleWonderfull:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That's why I know that there is going to be a sad back story of some kind. I mean, DS can do basically everything, and does do everything for everyone, and has a very nice temperament. He's even well adjusted in that he takes his time off seriously, and won't do a thing when he's taking a day off.

Ohh geez...I think you are on the money with that....i can feel the tears coming for this when it gets revealed....dammit.... :cry:

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

If it's the PD and the rapper coming to town,tTo be honest, I am and I'm not looking forward to what's coming next.

Yeah that scene at the cafe/diner/restaurant .... LOL.

I can just see drama coming out of this over the next few episodes that will involve them. aiiigooooooo

I know JR is a kid, but man...soo annoyinggg...HAHAHAHA. Its like....plz shhhuussshhhhh you little brat. HAAHAH

Time to hunt for some Behind the scenes material....with eng sub of course....haha

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Well, DS doesn't take care of living things apparently, so he is definitely going to fight his attraction to HJ. She is a living being after all. :MewGiggle:

That's why he needs competition. Who has just arrived!

I'm gonna take a guess at Dusik's back story. Since I think he is seeing a psychiatrist and is on meds, I suspect a girlfriend died (maybe by accident) and that is his wedding suit hanging in his wardrobe. :popcorn:

I found this the funniest scene in ep4. It's not that Dusik would never work on his off day, must see WHO asks :laugh:

ma37lPb.gif

Source: @jmbeveridge

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Clapping Hands 4

Personally for me ,  the writing here isn't as nuanced but it is not bad. My standards for rom-com / slice of life still goes to Because This is My First Life. Nevertheless , we're only 4 episodes in , so I will be fair to this writer since her previous works were heavy melodramas . I really love The Crowned Clown, and I was told that Argon was good if you like politics. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Personally for me ,  the writing here isn't as nuanced but it is not bad. My standards for rom-com / slice of life still goes to Because This is My First Life. Nevertheless , we're only 4 episodes in , so I will be fair to this writer since her previous works were heavy melodramas . I really love The Crowned Clown, and I was told that Argon was good if you like politics. 

Argon was good actually. It wasn't really so much about politics but rather the idea of news reporting as being packaged events rather than necessarily reporting just the truth, with Kim Joo Hyuk and his team rebelling against being told what and how to report. Haven't watched the Crowned Clown yet, so no opinion there.

The writing here seems okay, not memorable but not deplorable either. Like so many dramas where the writing is decent without being spectacular or the plot being particularly fresh, this drama probably will make it or not depending on the actors ability to make the writing engaging.

Good thing that DS and HJ have so much chemistry together... (peers around for the ship that should be here if it wasn't for fear of lynch mobs)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Personally for me ,  the writing here isn't as nuanced but it is not bad. 

That's a perspective I can get onboard with. It's largely escapist stuff helped by the aesthetics and becomes increasingly more enjoyable when the show does become more nuanced. When the characters become more fully fleshed out and less like caricatures (or tropes) it is a better product. The actors are generally doing a good job although I'm not sure why the actor that's playing Yeong-guk overacts so much. Something's lost in translation perhaps.

The humour for me is a bit of a mixed bag. 

Perhaps from some of my comments I have been reacting a bit to declarations elsewhere that seems to be equating this with the second coming of Christ. It's a decent enough watch for a lazy Sunday afternoon but it's not exactly groundbreaking television. In some ways it feels like a really old-fashioned  K rom com that needs updating.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Perhaps from some of my comments I have been reacting a bit to declarations elsewhere that seems to be equating this with the second coming of Christ. It's a decent enough watch for a lazy Sunday afternoon but it's not exactly groundbreaking television. In some ways it feels like a really old-fashioned  K rom com that needs updating.

LOL ! Yeah I agree and I have seen a lot of such comments every where. Since I am such a big fan of KSH , I think I had a lot of expectations coming to this show which at this point has not  been fully met. Let's say I had to adjust my viewing lens. I cannot say that I am 100% invested in the story (relative to say Lovers of The Red Sky or Lost which I am currently watching) but the show has done enough to keep me interested. Given what  @stroppyse @Chocolatehave mentioned in their posts, a few of us here seem to share this same sentiment about the writing . I think the biggest selling point in this show is the pairing of KSH & SMA. It may not have taken off or gotten as good a response if the show was helmed by different actors. 

----------------

@mademoiselle gosh , I should not have clicked on that ...but why is KSH's lips so red? Is it the filter or the lippy he is wearing? @SilverMoonTea  you'll like this.

@im0202 don't you think he is having big heart eyes for her? He is crushing hard on this noona.  LOL! Do you have translations? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Lol lol @ssteph did you see the reply to that tweet? :GrowDerp:. Thought I saw Kim Woo Bin's face there!  :psweatduck: hahaahahah

----------

SMA talks about her role in this Forbes interview

Forbes

Some  extracts: 

“Yoon Hye-jin is a perfectionist who is extremely frank and has clear values,” said Shin. “She may come across as cold and stuck-up at first, but in reality, she is clumsy and soft-hearted. I find that really adorable about her and that’s what attracted me to the role.”

The actress admits that she shares quite a few traits with her character.

“I would say I’m 90% similar to Hye-jin,” Shin says with a laugh. “I may not be as straightforward as her, but I would like to see myself as soft-hearted and kind like her.”

------

Shin’s meticulous preparations sometimes involve physical training. She learned to dive for her recent film Diva and went to action school for the film My Mighty Princess. While playing Hye-jin in Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha did not require physical training, she did visit dental clinics to observe dentists and patients. 

“How they interact with the patients, what kind of facial expressions they have, their actions, and so on,” said Shin. “I also got a lot of advice from the dentists that I know. Apart from that, I spent a lot of time trying to really understand Hye-jin, since her emotional development plays a key role in the plot.”

-----

“When I first saw Seon-ho on TV, he left such a refreshing impression on me and I became curious about him,” said Shin. “So I couldn’t have been more excited to get to work with him. He is brilliant in so many ways and also very thoughtful. He really put me at ease working together on set.”

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

He's such a goody goody in this drama, but look at his eyes and the wee smile here checking out a girl! :cool:

He's not that good la....he 's a little bit sly don't you think? He turned on his charms to make her fetch them all to town. And then sent the coffee over anyway when she canceled the order ...:GrowDerp:. And hmmm checking her temperature with his hands on her cheeks? 

Anyway finished eps 4 - it was fun with plenty of cute moments. Always love the epilogues...think I need to have one of Mr Dimples running. Did we already have a nice gif of that? Anyhow the side love stories are turning out to be so cute too. Mi Seon & the young cop would make a cute pair . Also I did not expect there to be a secondary love triangle - Hwa Jung, District Chief and his 1st love. It was really quite entertaining. 

So now we know that Doo Sik is a Seoul Uni grad on top of having licenses to do almost anything.:smug: Doo Sik does not exist in the real world ! LOL  And since she typecast him abit about being a country bumpkin who had no knowledge of wine and commented about his instable income, this is gonna be a no brainer. DS is guaranteed to be super loaded! 

• Haha 3

How he falls in love, very lovely. Repeated this scene several times already! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTI5zCAsYTH/?utm_medium=copy_link

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Kim Seon Ho by Salt

Lols. I was wondering what song he sings here, it sounds like what he sings for the jerk in the hospital. 

And I love seeing him in that white striped shirt, looking extra handsome :wow: but do you think he is a bit similar to jung il woo when he smiles while giving finger heart? 

I am waiting for the gossip to spread and HJ needs his help to be her boyfriend. Lols. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2