Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Lotsa KSH gifs here!

He is hsndsome, especially that dimple smiles are just really electrifying! But why their editing made him so red with lipstick, oh yaaa, that is too much. 

1 hour ago, ssteph said:

I was worried I couldn't move on from Han Ji Pyeong. Now I forget about him. Hello, Hong Du Sik! 🙂

I kind of in love hate relationship with his Han Ji Pyeong back then but Chief Hong is just so lovable, just seconds I see him I fall for him. I like how he was written here more. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

@Alice Wonderland @Chocolate I am not a fan of the lips being so red.  @SilverMoonTeatried to sell me her Dream of Chang An drama but I just couldn't because of ML's super red lips .

Choco, I think NF broadcast one hour after TVN shows it. For me it will be at 10pm Msian time.

@ssteph Sobs my Han Ji Pyeong heart. But the silver lining is that the drama really catapult him to stardom. In his last lead role - Catch the Ghost , the buzz wasn't like this. 

ooo think he is in love? Fast??? Okay whatever it is , she has caught his attention. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I only just caught Ep 1 right now. I stepped away from my computer for a day and wowww, it's like 2 pages more of fangirling :laugh:

On 8/28/2021 at 10:27 PM, abs-oluteM said:

If I start a ship thread for them I  might get stones thrown at me .  But you never know haha  I will tag you if I do ..,I hv done crazy things like that. I am secretly as bad as  @SilverMoonTea

Coming to think of it I think Miss Tea & @ktcjdrama board this ship wreck with me too . 

Hahaha we all laugh at @SilverMoonTea's shipping choices, but I think we're all as bad as her in some days :idk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Oh yes @mademoiselle the popular childhood trope ! Lala confirms it

23 minutes ago, JenL said:

I think we're all as bad as her in some days :idk:

Are you talking about Jasper and Puff???? I didn't even watch it but see I can remember it ! LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

OMG I have trouble keeping up with the chats!

I see it's like almost the whole JangHaven's members is here :LarvitarSDab1: 

I think everyone secretly hoping to move to seaside village and have multiple part time job, and meet some dimple surfing guy in the process, no? :lmao2:

@JenLfor this drama I promise to behave myself and only ship within drama :mine:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 8/28/2021 at 10:43 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

That's probably the wrongest ship I ever had haha.... FL married with baby :laugh:

Wowww...but maybe not procreate before you decide to have an affair :laugh:

On 8/28/2021 at 10:53 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Oh my ...see Mr Dimples , he knows how to make me happy. I told myself I will wait till NF drop the episode but here I am checking spoilers. Old habits die hard

Me at the topless scenes: Yep, this Director knows how to milk for his lead actor for ratings :laugh:

On 8/28/2021 at 11:14 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Yay @movingwheel

Sorry ...I just can't help myself  to check & post spoilers....is his French accurate? LOL (sorry it is Russian

Hahaha, It is Russian! I know a tiny bit of French from school days and for a second, I was like, wait what?! Have I forgotten everything?! :lettalKWA: But I just re-watched and I think it's Russian.  The only Russian I know is до свидания (Good bye), so cannot confirm if accurate :idk:

23 hours ago, LaLa said:

@abs-oluteM shipping the characters is fine.

True at least you're not creating an alter in your house with a photoshopped wedding picture of the actors :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Oooh oooh oooh!

ahahaha ...i love these tropes.   @ktcjdrama I got pop quiz for you. There is one thing in the twitter video  that Choco post that  might bug you? Can you spot it? :heiboi:

But gosh look at his eyes...if he stare at me like that I might seriously melt .

Ok his lips look not too red here

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I got pop quiz for you. There is one thing in the twitter video  that Choco post that  might bug you? Can you spot it? 

Is it her shoes? :laugh: I can never understand people in kdramas with their shoe choices. Especially a female detective or police officer who needs to be on the ready to give chase but they are often wearing dress shoes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I had to pull my hair though, when Hye Jin wore that pretty expensive shoes to the beach. Just imagining the shoes stepping on sand, and getting sands inside was already horrific and she just left them somewhere and go wondering off 

21 hours ago, im0202 said:

Lol yes I can’t believe she chose to wear that pair of shoes on that particular day and to a beach of all places!*facepalms Didn’t it cost like $2000 😂

I also internally died at that part and I don't even care about shoes in particular. But it was just knowing something was expensive and she didn't look after it :shocked2: Haha and to think she thinks she 'values' brands?! :lettalKWA::laugh:

19 hours ago, TRaNz said:

Interesting....might give the first 2 eps a go. Looks like its just started....mmmmmm:thinking:

Join us! We can all build a seaside village with the members already watching this drama :laugh:

19 hours ago, stroppyse said:

The scenes with the villagers remind me of several other dramas, e.g. Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol and Top Star Yoo Baek, but it's still nicely done and the visuals of the sea and landscape are stunning. If I didn't already know how hard life can be in those villages, I might be tempted to go try living in one.

Hehe I was going to say it reminds me of Racket Boys - the elderly are so sassy, but they also have strong community spirit :heart: I'm tempted to live in villages in dramas, but I'm definitely a city person :heiboi:

This actually reminded me a lot of Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol actually. Though, I'm sure I'll stop drawing comparisons once the story of this drama grabs me more.

Haha, I've heard this a few times too. It feels a little bit like a less quirky, more slice of life version - in that a well-to-do-ish girl moves to a seaside village and finds herself with sassy, warm villagers and a guy who is a bit tsundere (but super warm and friendly as a person) :heiboi:

So, the story itself isn't as gripping for me, but it is cute and has potential. I freely admit that it is the visuals of SMA and KSH that drew me to this drama

This is my feelings too! I'm not hooked so far, but the story is pleasant and I like the leads. Visuals won me over awhile back. KSH is one of my eye candies :MonkaTang:

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It doesn't matter if it's a mountain village or a seaside village, there are just some things that we take for granted which needs to be factored in.

Hahahahaha, it's so much more idyllic in the dramas! :laugh::laugh::laugh: 

I was already aware of most of these things due to having family who grew up in viillages, who have told me about all the good things and bad things about them, but thanks once again for reminding me. I'm too bouge for outhouses, so I know my limits :pandascared:

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

perhaps there is a village chief who looks like Du Shik and is as capable hanging out in one of those villages?

I'm not sure if even Dimples Chief KSH could make me stand outhouses :laugh:

12 hours ago, im0202 said:

Also just realised KSH is close with another Halmeoni again in this drama. Will this relationship break our hearts again?😭

Is it weird if I say I'm so into KSH's halmoni relationships? :laugh:

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Not sure I saw the previous drama where KSH is close with a halmoni who breaks his heart?

It was the drama that made KSH lead - Start Up ....ah, that relationship was so much pain and love. I found it so much more meaningful than watching the whole fan war people made for him. :idk:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

s it her shoes? :laugh: I can never understand people in kdramas with their shoe choices. Especially a female detective or police officer who needs to be on the ready to give chase but they are often wearing dress shoes. 

Bingo! As soon as I saw that I was rolling my eyes. And I know you will sure catch it. Why was she wearing these sort of shoe?  Eh maybe got deep meaning ...like how she cannot fit into the place but later her shoes choice will change reflecting the change in her . ( baahahah I cannot believe I am spouting these sort of things...I read too many Hospital Playlist analysis that has infiltrated my brains!)

@gilaswan Are you still in Yang Yang land? Don't forget to look at your profile pic. Oppa is calling you to come here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@gilaswan Are you still in Yang Yang land? Don't forget to look at your profile pic. Oppa is calling you to come here. 

we are on Yu Tu's land :MonkaTang:

@gilaswan the story is quite ok try first ep?? Your profile pic is calling 😂😂

@ktcjdrama get well soon 💙

40 minutes ago, JenL said:

Is it weird if I say I'm so into KSH's halmoni relationships? :laugh:

me too :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Just thinking that the relationship with a halmoni is such a trope in k-drama-land. I suppose it must mirror real life where when parents have to be absent, either through death or because they're trying to make money in the big city and unable to take care of their kids, the grandparents are pressed into service. There seem to be more of halmonis than haraeojis, though plenty of both.

Can't watch the episode now since I don't have time, but looking forward to watching ep 2 later. Thanks for the posts and spoilers, everyone!

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Are you planning to do your videos again like how you did for MMH?

I'm not sure how much videos I can make. I was only really able to make comparison videos for MMH. I leave the videos of beautiful, breathtaking moments to people around the internet with much polished filters/effects. I love how some accounts get to capture them and enhance them just right.

But here's one comparison I was able to make for episode 1. Plus my extra tweet for those that watched Mouse 😂 Halmoni knows what's up. wink wink.

[Ep 2]

I really enjoyed ep2. The microphone moment had me cringe so much - imagine covering-face-with-hands-but-peeking-in-between-the-fingers kind of reaction - but I didn't hate that it happened. It actually got me a bit teary-eyed for Mr. Cafe/Singer. His conversation with Hye-Jin towards the end really moved me.

Hye-Jin owes a lot to Du-Sik at this point, probably a lot more than what she knows. No chance of her surviving the transition from her move without his help. Du-Sik knows her potential to fit in based on the epilogue from ep1 so its more of just helping her get her on the right footing as Hye-jin's relationship with most of the villagers started off on the wrong foot. And while I was typing the last sentence, I couldn't help but think of @abs-oluteM's comment about the shoes having a deeper meaning! 😂 She'll definitely transform from being miss princess slippers to someone who sees the practicality of wearing rubber bathroom slippers for the place she's in.

I do believe that most of Hye-Jin's words and actions during the party were more of her being frank rather than being rude. People do have things they like and dislike, the town folk just misunderstood her reactions.  Her friend/assistant did know that those are things Hye-Jin didn't like so it's more of her personal quirks rather than being someone new from the city.

Speaking of clothing... what's everyone's thought on the grandmas' comments on Hye-jin's running clothes? Sure leggings look a bit tight but some people definitely wear a lot more skimpy fitness clothes. At least she's actually wearing those clothes while exercising and not just as everyday casual wear. I don't think tight fitness clothes are that new either... at least since half a century or so ago, fitness clothes are more or less the same? Plus, its a seaside village, and people probably wear a lot more revealing casual wear? 🤔 I'm not really being over critical, just curious. 😄

So far the epilogues have been especially nice. I wonder if they'll keep showing us scenes that are effectively known only by the audience for each ending of the episode. I'm not sure how often this is done, but it certainly feels refreshing for me. The episodes (so far) end on a sweet, touching note instead of a cliff hanger, which to me, is certainly welcome. 

6 hours ago, JenL said:

Join us! We can all build a seaside village with the members already watching this drama :laugh:

Do we keep all the points @stroppyse mentioned to keep it authentic or do we address them with the power of technology to make it comfortable? 😆😆 I assume though that at this point, a lot of small towns have already addressed them. Especially ones that are in city-folk's radars.

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

It seems like everyone on JH is watching this drama to the point where the thread is moving faster than what I'm used to (drama threads in China Charms move slower and I normally watch C-Dramas). :laugh:

I don't necessary think that Hye Jin is spoiled, but she's lived a very privileged life. I'm excited to see the life lessons she's going to get from the villagers and Du Sik. :smile:

I loved the opening sequence for episode 2. 

HC-16.gif

Because of a shoe....haha!

Spoiler

HC-17v2-Tagged.gif

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 5
9 hours ago, bairama said:

we are on Yu Tu's land :MonkaTang:

@gilaswan the story is quite ok try first ep?? Your profile pic is calling 😂😂

Hahaha... I saw your call first thing in the morning! 

This weekend has been busy for me... will be busy for a while actually as I prepare to move to new home + lots of assignments to grade and lessons to prep. So staying on Yu Tu land is "easy" cos I can leave the drama playing without needing to look up - just listen cos it's a language I understand and I don't need subs to know what's going on (plus watch so many times, familiar with the scenes. :laugh:) But yes! If the drama has started off well, I shall watch! The storyline just seems a bit, hmm... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6