Hometown ChaChaCha 갯마을 차차차 [2021]

12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

If I start a ship thread for them I  might get stones thrown at me .  But you never know haha  I will tag you if I do ..,I hv done crazy things like that. I am secretly as bad as  @SilverMoonTea

Hide contents

In Love Affairs in The Afternoon, I really love the chemistry btwn the leads so much that I open one . In that show they were both  married :pandaevil: . But lol I was rooting for them. And I also love their off screen chemistry ( FL is married IRL).  Sometimes I admit the lines btwn off & online shipping was blurred . Lol!!! 

Coming to think of it I think Miss Tea & @ktcjdrama board this ship wreck with me too . 

Yes we boarded lols. No official ship or things like that, but we enjoyed the forbidden tandem in your club last time :lmao2:That's probably the wrongest ship I ever had haha.... FL married with baby :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Awesome 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

7 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yes we boarded lols. No official ship or things like that, but we enjoyed the forbidden tandem in your club last time :lmao2:That's probably the wrongest ship I ever had haha.... FL married with baby :laugh:

You are a bad influence on me. :heiboi:

---------------------------

13 minutes ago, Lynne said:

Really love this BTS Shot:

Sounds like @Lynne also wants to board forbidden ship :hug:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my ...see Mr Dimples , he knows how to make me happy. I told myself I will wait till NF drop the episode but here I am checking spoilers. Old habits die hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Yay @movingwheel

Sorry ...I just can't help myself  to check & post spoilers....is his French accurate? LOL (sorry it is Russian)

even can do sign language. What can he not do ? 

okay I am really spoiling myself. I was halfway washing my bathroom. LOL! 

But slight disappointment that I didn't see the abs part. 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

When Du Shik gave the one half of Hye Jin heels, I thought is this a joke for Cinderella? Hahaha and Hye Jin are frustrated because every where she goes in Gong Jin, Du Shik will always be there. 

I managed to catch the live stream and the premier is fun. We'll see more about Gong Jin village tomorrow and Hye Jin will get a wake-up call from Du Shik.. But so far so good !

Oh my is Double dimple couple bring @NiteWalkerand @Lynneto join us in Joseon Jives? :laugh:

@Jane I think we have to be patient and wait until Sang Yi appears in Hometown Cha Cha Cha. My guess his appearance will probably in ep 3 the earliest. 

@im0202 Eh the couple name is Sikhye Couple? Why? 

@abs-oluteM shipping the characters is fine. After I myself are shipping the characters in a drama. The actor and actress who play the characters are off limit and they both are happily married with their respective partners hahaha.. 

Du Shik has fallen for Hye Jin since the beginning.. he just didn't want to admit it :smug:

Epilogue ep 1

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

orry ...I just can't help myself  to check & post spoilers....is his French accurate? LOL

Wait... ISn't it Russian?? :laugh:

Watching Ep 1 now! Knew it wasn't French for sure but recognised the 'Spasiba' at the end lol.

SMA is looking as pretty as ever she really doesn't seem to age!:wow:

2 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Eh the couple name is Sikhye Couple? Why? 

Because of their character names! Hye-Jin and Doo-Sik :pandalove:

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 4
2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yes we boarded lols. No official ship or things like that, but we enjoyed the forbidden tandem in your club last time 

LOL... that forbidden ship... 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

is his French accurate? LOL

It is definitely not French, but I don't know what language that is.

First episode was a fun watch. Du Shik is truly the jack of all trades, till the last minute of the episode, and even extending to the second episode it seems, from the preview, hahahaaa...

I had to pull my hair though, when Hye Jin wore that pretty expensive shoes to the beach. Just imagining the shoes stepping on sand, and getting sands inside was already horrific and she just left them somewhere and go wondering off :shocked2: Then losing one shoe... *cries*.... save the shoes for special occasion and venue, please.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

just saw the ep 1....

looks like Doo Sik got it bad.... he already likes hye-jin..... 

@abs-oluteM not gonna ship anyone , just admire their onscreen chemistry... shin Min Ah is already strong with Kim Woo bin and I dont know about Kim Seon Ho...

Hye-Jin is really confused about Do-Sik's identity... he seems like jack of all trade....

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

when Hye Jin wore that pretty expensive shoes to the beach. Just imagining the shoes stepping on sand, and getting sands inside was already horrific and she just left them somewhere and go wondering off

Lol yes I can’t believe she chose to wear that pair of shoes on that particular day and to a beach of all places!*facepalms Didn’t it cost like $2000 😂

The whole idyllic vibe due to the setting was really soothing. tvN’s caption for the drama is a ‘tiki-taka healing romance’, and I felt a little of that ‘healing’ part in this first episode. I liked that they spent some prolonged moments establishing the scenery and slow-paced life of Gongjin.
Loved the part where Du-shik goes around to update the news of the fire to the elderly who would otherwise be clueless of what had happened. And the epilogue!! Oh, the epilogue. Kim Seon-ho and his gaze killed me. I will be watching this drama as it airs - the scene at the end made sure of that. :wow:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
38 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Loved the part where Du-shik goes around to update the news of the fire to the elderly who would otherwise be clueless of what had happened.

Same here! I really love that scene too because it shows how much compassion he has for others. 

Kim Seon Ho, welcome back to dramaland!! :heart:

HC-01v2.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Yes it is Russian @ktcjdrama @im0202...lol... after seeing it on NF and seeing someone else post that it was. 

bahahaah @movingwheel. I am quite sure SMA and KWB will marry soon. As for KSH, I am marrying him in my dreams. 

I did really like the 1st episode . I was happy that they had some cute bickering interactions typical of rom com pairings but it wasn't too much. The characters were likeable - the leads in particular had their own idiosyncrasies perhaps but the drama made the effort to show that they were both empathetic and kind. He is indeed a jack of all trades who is capable of it all. Like @LaLa told me on twitter , lucky halmoni who got piggy backed by DS when she sprained her leg. I think this is the bit I like most about DS. The way he treats the elderly folk. It is easy being sweet & chummy with young children since they are naturally so cute . But to be truly warm and kind to the elderly takes patience and genuine kindness. 

Hye Jin too was someone I warmed up to immediately and I like that she had her priorities as a doctor / dentist right. Yes she was spendthrift and had that city girl vibe , which I suppose will cause some issues adjusting to life in the small town later. But she isn't the sort that need a lot of work on her character - I mean sometimes in dramas they can make the FLs so frustrating just to make them seem strong ( which I hate) .

Yes agree that @LaLa, Hye Jin has already captured DS's attention. Makes sense now why he was a little gruff to her at first - he is subconsciously trying to deny these new foreign feelings ! :smile:

By the way bar/ cafe owner is Tomorrow With You reunion btwn SMA and Jo Han Chul who played her father ( he was coincidentally called Doo Sik too !) PD of this show also directed Tomorrow With You. 

Just transferring my recaps for eps 1 here from twitter. 

Spoiler

Too cute. DuSik’s friendly & helpful disposition , the neighborhood Mr Know Them All reminds me of IkJun ! . But aigoo why was he so grumpy with his 1st interaction with HyeJin. He was a lil annoyed with her. Definitely got chemistry there .

Positive 1st impression of HyeJin for me. She stood up to her nasty boss. But a drunken mistake meant that she burnt her bridges & had difficulty finding work elsewhere. She didn’t hv sufficient funds to open her own clinic.

This seaside town could be her late mother’s hometown? Seems like her dad remarried. She pays the place a visit on a wimp after feeling down. Of course wasn’t a bright idea wearing her shiny new heels to the beach . But It did lead to their 1st meeting

DS’s slightly gruff response when he handed the heel to her does feel like he passed a bit of subconscious judgment on her being a city girl who didn’t know better. He wasn’t uncaring of course. But this will frame their interactions going forward

She helped a young kid whose teeth fell & made acquaintance w his mom , a restaurant owner . She finds out they needed a dentist. A dead car battery, phone w no signal & etc lead her to the local bar. Omo it’s the guy who was her dad in Tomorrow With You

We also get a bit more of DuSik - jack of all trades does all sorts of jobs & careful with $. They meet again at the bar with her needing to borrow $ as internet & ATM were all down. Mr Stingy won’t lend her but instead says he’ll help her earn it .

This $$ isn’t easy to earn . She had to follow him everywhere at 1st where he did a PSA telling the village folks of the internet etc being down. Finally recommended her to a job cleaning squid . She protested but desperate , she took it on.

No wonder they call him Chief Hong , everyone depends on him for everything. He is a sweetheart. Lucky Halmoni indeed. Seeing him piggy back her to the clinic . He really knows how to talk to the old folks

Today was HJ’s mum’s bday . So mum is dead . Town must surely hold fond memories of her mum. Next morning she goes to the market & sees DS selling stuff . She smiles at his antics . Impressed he can be everywhere. A bit of bickering but not too much.

The phone lines are back , her car is fixed. Quick interactions with the kids she helped gave her a good Impression of the place . He works at the cafe / bar too lol! HH drives home . Gets call from nasty ex boss who wants her to work for her but HJ refused.

Angry at the condescending tone of ex boss, declares she’ll open her own clinic. She turns her car around & heads back to the sea village. She seeks out the restaurant owner for advice on where to set up her clinic. She takes her to a Real Estate agent !

DS is the realtor ! He declares he’s no fraud . And shows her his license. Lol! Bonus scenes of him surfing & noticing her fr the get go. She’s already caught his attention. So him being gruff was possibly him trying to subconsciously deny those feelings

@TRaNz can I sell you this drama? It is sweet & fluffy with pleasing visuals. It is nothing like Nevertheless. :lmao2:

@NiteWalker Angie, are you watching too? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 4

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

can I sell you this drama? It is sweet & fluffy with pleasing visuals. It is nothing like Nevertheless.

Interesting....might give the first 2 eps a go. Looks like its just started....mmmmmm:thinking:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

I couldn't resist the dimples. :laugh: I watched the first episode, and it was good. The scenes with the villagers remind me of several other dramas, e.g. Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol and Top Star Yoo Baek, but it's still nicely done and the visuals of the sea and landscape are stunning. If I didn't already know how hard life can be in those villages, I might be tempted to go try living in one.

Anyway, Shin Min Ah and Kim Seon Ho definitely have chemistry together. I can definitely ship Du Shik and Hye Jin, even if I can't ship SMA and KSH in RL. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if KSH has a massive crush on SMA in RL.

3 hours ago, LaLa said:

Eh the couple name is Sikhye Couple? Why? 

@im0202 already mentioned that it takes the second syllable of Du Shik's name and the first syllable of Hye Jin's name, but it's also the name of the drink that HJ buys from DS in the sauna instead of the boiled eggs. Sikhye is a sweetened non-alcoholic rice drink which can be very refreshing.

I appreciate that HJ is still an idealistic young dentist who cares about her patients more than just making as much money from them as possible. She's thinking like a doctor rather than a business owner, though truthfully, dentists have to make money as well. However, she's going to have a hard time adjusting to the village because of her personality.

There is a sad back story to HJ, though, which the first episode only hints at. Clearly, her birth mother has passed away, and her father has remarried and lives with her stepmother. I thought it was interesting that HJ called her father, but only sent her greetings to her mother via her father, and so immediately thought that her father's husband must not be her own birth mother. As it is, given HJ's fears of the water, I wonder if her mother died trying to save HJ from drowning or something? DS may also have a sad back story as well, given that he seems to have grown up with his grandfather, then after his grandfather died, the village grandmother fed him. We'll probably see more of their back stories in future episodes.

DS turning out to be the village chief took me a bit by surprise, mostly because he's so young. However, it makes sense why DS would be everywhere and spreading the news of the fire to the various villagers. DS is probably the village chief because he's such a caring guy whom everyone knows, but it makes more sense that DS would be everywhere and talking to everyone. More importantly, it made his interactions with the villagers make more sense than if he was just a good guy.

It's sweet that DS was so aware of HJ, even though he was so gruff towards her. This actually reminded me a lot of Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol actually. Though, I'm sure I'll stop drawing comparisons once the story of this drama grabs me more.

HJ herself is aware of DS as well as aware of how attractive he is, but can't hide her puzzlement that she keeps running into him. That was cutely handled.

So, the story itself isn't as gripping for me, but it is cute and has potential. I freely admit that it is the visuals of SMA and KSH that drew me to this drama, but given that both SMA and KSH are such good actors, I'm hopeful that the drama will become more compelling once it finishes setting things up. Looking forward to the next episode!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
30 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

If I didn't already know how hard life can be in those villages, I might be tempted to go try living in one.

I am tempted to live in a small village. So thanks for the warning 😆 Though I actually much prefer mountain to seaside. 

32 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

DS turning out to be the village chief

I wouldn’t have caught this fact if you didn’t mention it. I thought it was just another nickname for him, not in the literal sense. But yes, it does make sense now that he knows everyone and everyone knows him. 

• Like 11

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

am tempted to live in a small village. So thanks for the warning 😆 Though I actually much prefer mountain to seaside. 

It doesn't matter if it's a mountain village or a seaside village, there are just some things that we take for granted which needs to be factored in.

1. Not all villages have a sewer system. So, they might utilize outhouses or open pit latrines. Gong Jin, the village in this drama seems to have outhouses since DS tells the grandmother to use a bedpot that he left outside her door rather than go to the outhouse. Outhouses, btw, when they're full, you usually move the outhouse to a new pit and close the old pit up, or possibly use it as fertilizer.

2. Not all villages have running water, or if they do, they may be very basic and they may be outside. Hot water is definitely not a given. Or you may have to warm it up yourself if you want hot water.

3. Heating is usually not a problem, though they may still burn wood or oil for fuel. However, A/C isn't really a thing. It takes quite a lot of electric power to run them after all. Most places now have electricity, even if it may be based on a solar panel, but it's the amount of electricity required to run some of these appliances. So, having a freezer in your own home may be a luxury.

4. Bugs! There are a lot more bugs, and more biting bugs in more remote places than in the cities. If you're not prone to getting bitten, that's great for you. I tend to get bitten everywhere, so arm myself with supplies of DEET when I go somewhere remote.

5. Most villages (in SK at least) now have access to the internet, but that is not a guarantee, plus bandwidth is usually an issue. Not to mention, as seen in the drama, everyone may be dependent on a single tower.

6. The final thing I tend to be aware of, though this is because I'm a foreigner is the drinking water. Giardia and other parasites live in the water, and the locals may be used to them and able to deal with them. However, I always have to be careful about the drinking water when out somewhere more remote. Boiling the water or iodine tablets are effective solution, but it definitely means more work to have drinkable water handy. So, this plus the lack of freezers means that I forget about having ice in my drinks.

On the upside, even though I had not seen anyone with such dimples when I was spending time in the villages, perhaps there is a village chief who looks like Du Shik and is as capable hanging out in one of those villages?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 2

Yay !!! 
Drama premiered to 6.8% . Now I hope they can maintain it . 

Spoiler

@ktcjdrama @stroppyse these small towns all look so inviting & calming. Just like in Racket Boys.   I had this thought that one day I’ll retire there . But it was only a fleeting moment because I am a city girl like Hye Jin . Think I’ll be bored out of my mind :lmao2:. . 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

Is Du-Shik really the Village Chief? I thought it was another person... When the raw fish restaurant owner received a call while bringing HyeJin to DuSik, it was the village chief who called her. 

spacer.png

So I think it’s just what everyone calls DS since he is literally everywhere and helping everyone!:heart:

Also just realised KSH is close with another Halmeoni again in this drama. Will this relationship break our hearts again?😭

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Shocked 1
1 hour ago, im0202 said:

Is Du-Shik really the Village Chief? I thought it was another person... When the raw fish restaurant owner received a call while bringing HyeJin to DuSik, it was the village chief who called her.

Actually, you're right. The call was from the "dong jang" which literally translates to village (dong) chief (jang). However, they call Du Shik "ban jang". Technically, the ban jang is the head of the neighborhood as in this case, and can also be used to name the head of any association or class.

Gong Jin is probably bigger than we've been introduced to, and Du Shik is the head of that part of the neighborhood that we've seen so far?  I know what the preview stuff said about Du Shik being unemployed and just a helpful guy, but not sure that is accurate. Another reason why I think that DS is being called ban jang as more than just a nickname of some kind rather than his title is that in the preview, Yeo Hwa Jung, the owner of the sashimi restaurant, state that she's also paid by the government while her business card seems to indicate regional development, and she states that Du Shik is the ban jang as he had mentioned when HJ asks if she shouldn't be suspicious.

Anyway, we should see next episode.

1 hour ago, im0202 said:

Also just realised KSH is close with another Halmeoni again in this drama. Will this relationship break our hearts again?😭

Not sure I saw the previous drama where KSH is close with a halmoni who breaks his heart?

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Episode 1 is pretty light and establishes the village pretty nicely. They were able to capture and present the scenery and village life with awe-inspiring cinematography. 

giphy.gif

This one I like because of the "greens" they also show. The scenery doesn't only have to be the sea when you go to a seaside destination.

giphy.gif

I also like this set of shots of the fishery in action. I always like how they are able to show somewhat unpretty, chaotic, and mundane (to some) scenes in a cinematic manner. I particularly like the shot of the fish in the basins, dunno why. It might look good as a still shot.

giphy.gif

I hope they continue to show us these kinds of shots, not just as establishing shots in the first episode.

Du-sik is the village's Jack of all trades. Like others here, I think the title/nickname given to him is not an official one. It seems he knows each and every one in the village and is someone who is willing and able to help out in different parts of every day life which has earned him that title.

At one point I wondered if he is originally from the village or just moved there to enjoy a much simpler life. He knows stuff real well what seems to be much beyond things you'll learn from people around the village. Like speaking Russian (yes, I also assumed it is Russian just because of the spasiba) and how being global is a trend. Sure maybe he is just really smart and handy and can have good conversations with the visitors he meets, and also the internet. I thought it would be an interesting aspect if he wasn't originally from there as well, making him the living proof in the story that you can completely adjust from city-life after moving to the countryside. But his conversation with halmoni sort of says that he's been there since he was a kid, so my point is moot. (or is it? Looking forward for DS' backstory)

I'm curious too about the item he ordered and picked up. Is it a piece for the boat he's trying to fix? Why is there a boat there anyway? 😄 I feel like its an actual local POI but in the show, they're showing that DS owns it... unless he's also just helping someone else fix it? 

Overall, I like the show so far. The interactions between the leads are nice and casual. I certainly did not expect the epilogue though! Romance is in the air (sea breeze??) early on and I like it!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 5
  • Clapping Hands 1